06-05-2008, 10:19 PM
Referred to the White Sox as "Cubs" today. :o:

Cuck the Fubs
06-05-2008, 10:22 PM

FIRE HIM NOW! :redneck

PicktoCLick72
06-05-2008, 10:22 PM
I am sure there are very "evil" reasons for this. Investigate this now.

chisoxmike
06-05-2008, 10:29 PM
Thats actually pretty funny because I think he's a big Sox fan.

Thats not bad at all compared to Luke Stuckmyer wearing a Cubs hat during a report on HORSE RACING! Yes, horse racing...

JohnnyInnsbrook
06-05-2008, 10:33 PM
Weird... the guy from the country radio station in Joliet did the same thing this morning.

I want Mags back
06-05-2008, 10:50 PM
what was the context of this

Chuck is indeed a huge Sox fan. I had the opportunity to meet him 2 years ago when he came and spoke to my broadcasting class, he is a Homewood-Flossmoor alum.

peeonwrigley
06-05-2008, 11:02 PM
I find Chuck strangely likable.

I will let this indiscretion pass.

itsnotrequired
06-05-2008, 11:15 PM
Thats not bad at all compared to Luke Stuckmyer wearing a Cubs hat during a report on HORSE RACING! Yes, horse racing...

What's he supposed to wear, a horse hair mullet?:dtroll:

When in doubt, wear Packer gear. Suitable for all occasions.

Hitmen77
06-05-2008, 11:28 PM

It was pretty funny. He stopped himself right away and knew he made a big blooper. He was joking with Melton about how he could possibly have been thinking about that other team on the Sox postgame show.

At the end of the show he made a comment about not mentioning the "C" word again.

SoxGirl4Life
06-06-2008, 04:09 AM
I saw it too. He seemed to feel really bad about it. I, too, think he is a big Sox fan.

Last year, after the Cubs got swept in the playoffs, Paul Sullivan pontificated that Aaron Rowand would be a good signing for the Cubs for center. Chuck was incredulous. "Rowand would never sign with the Cubs!" His tone had the same indignation mine would have at this suggestion

rocky biddle
06-06-2008, 05:09 AM
On tonight's post he said something about fans on Sox "chat rooms" going crazy about the offense and demanding crazy things.

I figured that was what this thread was going to be about.

skottyj242
06-06-2008, 08:48 AM
I love when Hawk calls him The Chuckmeister.

DSpivack
06-06-2008, 08:58 AM

Yes, but only to baseball games.

Taliesinrk
06-06-2008, 09:14 AM

You mean Viking.. it's ok - I'll let it slide.

oeo
06-06-2008, 09:32 AM
Chuck seems to be the only Sox fan on the entire station (except maybe Jiggetts). So...oh well.

The Flub loving by Mark Schanowski, Gail Fischer, Luke Stuckmeyer, and Pat Boyle is sickening.

I want Mags back
06-06-2008, 09:45 AM
Chuck seems to be the only Sox fan on the entire station (except maybe Jiggetts). So...oh well.

The Flub loving by Mark Schanowski, Gail Fischer, Luke Stuckmeyer, and Pat Boyle is sickening.

Josh Mora is a Sox fan, as is Chris Boden (from Burbank)
Kerry Sayers is a Detroit native so she has no bias, which is cool.

Zisk77
06-06-2008, 10:12 AM
Itsnotrequired wrote:
"When in doubt, wear Packer gear. Suitable for all occasions."

You mean Viking.. it's ok - I'll let it slide.

You two guys ate paste while in kindergarten, didn't you? :scratch:

32nd&Wallace
06-06-2008, 10:23 AM
Fun Fact - Chuck Garfein was one of two choices to play the kid in the Shining.

Lip Man 1
06-06-2008, 11:00 AM
Josh Mora is a Cub fan who grew up on the North side of Chicago and I say that with all due respect.

The day after the Sox won the World Series he was hosting Chicago Tribune live and made the above comment (I have the show on tape) but he was also respectful enough so that when Les Grobstein started talking about the Cubs and how their fans should be "outraged" over the shape of the franchise Josh let him speak then said (paraphrasing) "This is a day for the Sox and Sox fans and Cub fans should respect that and just go in the background for awhile." Ed Sherman and David Haugh weren't as "kind" to Les in their comments about him bringing up the Cubs during the show.

It actually got a tad testy during the show between them.

Based on what I know from the folks at Comcast, and I know a few folks who are higher-up's in that organization, the Sox "fans" are Jiggetts, Garfein, Boyle and Sayers.

The out and out Cub fans are Stuckmeyer, Shanowski and Fisher. Mora as stated, is a Cub fan but on the air doesn't appear to allow that to intrude.

Lip

oeo
06-06-2008, 11:29 AM
Josh Mora is a Cub fan who grew up on the North side of Chicago and I say that with all due respect.

The day after the Sox won the World Series he was hosting Chicago Tribune live and made the above comment (I have the show on tape) but he was also respectful enough so that when Les Grobstein started talking about the Cubs and how their fans should be "outraged" over the shape of the franchise Josh let him speak then said (paraphrasing) "This is a day for the Sox and Sox fans and Cub fans should respect that and just go in the background for awhile." Ed Sherman and David Haugh weren't as "kind" to Les in their comments about him bringing up the Cubs during the show.

It actually got a tad testy during the show between them.

Based on what I know from the folks at Comcast, and I know a few folks who are higher-up's in that organization, the Sox "fans" are Jiggetts, Garfein, Boyle and Sayers.

The out and out Cub fans are Stuckmeyer, Shanowski and Fisher. Mora as stated, is a Cub fan but on the air doesn't appear to allow that to intrude.

Lip

Boyle is a Sox fan, really? If anything, I think he's a little too pro-Cubs. Maybe it's just that he has to team up with Schanowski. Hats off to him for not showing his colors on the air, though.

I'll never forget how he pissed off KW after they won the pennant in '05. Boyle didn't care about anything but Paulie's upcoming free agency. Kenny had some words for him after that, and then walked away to talk to other reporters. :lol:

cleanwsox
06-06-2008, 11:32 AM
http://www.daily-chronicle.com/articles/2008/06/06/sports/sports06.txt

Other way around, so I guess we're even... :smile:

VeeckAsInWreck
06-06-2008, 11:35 AM
Fun Fact - Chuck Garfein was one of two choices to play the kid in the Shining.

Seriously? :?:

Lip Man 1
06-06-2008, 11:36 AM
OEO:

Remember Pat asked to do the Sox pre and post game shows with Melton.

Lip

North Sox Sider
06-06-2008, 12:02 PM
was I mistaken or did I see that asshat Dave Kaplan doing the Sox postgame last week or 2 weeks ago. I hope I was I mistaken. He is the biggest tool on CSN by far.

btrain929
06-06-2008, 06:16 PM
You could tell Chuck felt genuinely sorry for that slip, and spent the next 3 minutes apologizing for it. He's cool in my book.

Ok, back to Karate Kid Pt 2 on AMC.

Daver
06-06-2008, 06:30 PM

He should be killed and eaten.

Dan Jiggetts pulls for the Sox as the local team, but he is in fact a Yankee fan.

BainesHOF
06-06-2008, 06:31 PM
Chuck does a good job. Let's not jump on one verbal slip over many, many hours live on the air.

Martinigirl
06-06-2008, 07:28 PM
You could tell Chuck felt genuinely sorry for that slip, and spent the next 3 minutes apologizing for it. He's cool in my book.

Ok, back to Karate Kid Pt 2 on AMC.

Exactly. He was apologizing for quite some time. To rip the guy, who honestly made a mistake and said he was sorry, repeatedly, is ridiculous.

But about Comcast, the person I can't stand the most, and I am still pissed she was in the Sox locker room in Detroit because her bias against the winning team was a disgrace, is Gail Fisher. If you can't even pretend to be neutral, you should say you can't cover the team. Stuckmeyer is also a joke, but he doesn't get on my nerves like GF because he very rarely covers the Sox. I actually like Kerry Sayers, I think she seems to like the Sox. As far as Boyle, I just think he comes across as an ass, regardless of team affiliation.

EuroSox35
06-06-2008, 07:39 PM
I once saw Pat Boyle in the loop, he is a suave son of a bitch!

Zisk77
06-08-2008, 12:23 AM
was I mistaken or did I see that asshat Dave Kaplan doing the Sox postgame last week or 2 weeks ago. I hope I was I mistaken. He is the biggest tool on CSN by far.

Is it just me, or does Kaplan resemble the alien they always depict associated with Roswell NM?:o: