PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Decrown De Royals, Sox win 6-2 on 6-5 Post-Sweep Fun Thread

Frater Perdurabo
06-05-2008, 09:56 PM
Sox win! Sweep the Royals! Bring on the Twins!

Harry Potter
06-05-2008, 09:56 PM
Let's keep this momentum going this weekend boys!

mccoydp
06-05-2008, 09:57 PM
A sweep of these bums is always fun. I look forward to watching them in person next week when they get whipped by the Rangers.

Great sweep and win today Sox!

:gulp:

ChiSox89
06-05-2008, 09:57 PM
Sox win Sox win:):):)

sox1970
06-05-2008, 09:58 PM
17-8 in the division. That'll work.

Frankfan4life
06-05-2008, 09:58 PM
Sox Sweep!!!!!! :bandance:

Another great pitching performance by Jose!!!! And the Twins lose. Great Day!!!!!!!

soltrain21
06-05-2008, 09:59 PM
Twins lost and Indians are getting clobbered.

Carry the mo', boys.

Frater Perdurabo
Not much to nitpick this game.

The Sox really did well scoring runs with two outs and stacking up some base hits.

Home cooking (and all that implies) must be good for the hitters.

Woofer
Sweet! A nice, easy uncomplicated win. Keep it going against the Twins, and let's get some more breathing room between first and second place.:smile:

singapore_sling
Man the offense was crankin and im always excited to see big jim get any kind of hit these days. Makes me think he might be able to get out of this slump and put up some respectable numbers this season.

JB98
06-05-2008, 10:00 PM
The Sox are now 30-11 when somebody hits a home run.

It was nice to see an extended rally in the second inning tonight. Contreras is still on fire. Another strong outing, few balls hit hard against him.

Pretty easy night for the bullpen. Glad to rest the key guys after last night.

ChiSox89
06-05-2008, 10:01 PM
They need that sweep and they build up a 2 1/2 game lead going into the biggest series of the season thus far against the twins.

TheOldRoman
06-05-2008, 10:02 PM
Great to get a sweep and pick up a game on the Twins (and Indians). Jose wasn't at his best today, but he was still really damn good.

Hopefully we can put a foot on the Twins' throats tomorrow and push down harder over the next three games. No more losing to Livan Hernandez. Oh, and fire Walker.

Cuck the Fubs
06-05-2008, 10:04 PM
This sweep was nice, the sweep of the Twins will be glorious!:D:

JB98
06-05-2008, 10:04 PM
Great to get a sweep and pick up a game on the Twins (and Indians). Jose wasn't at his best today, but he was still really damn good.

Hopefully we can put a foot on the Twins' throats tomorrow and push down harder over the next three games. No more losing to Livan Hernandez. Oh, and fire Walker.

For the 270th consecutive postgame thread, we have a request to fire Walker. :D:

cheezheadsoxfan
06-05-2008, 10:05 PM
This was a nice, easy no stress win. Great after last night. Let's get the Twinks.:bandance:

voodoochile
06-05-2008, 10:06 PM
Nice win. Real team effort. Royals suck, so you have to kick 'em when they're down.

:sweep

7 games over...

:winner

:twinslose

:supernana:

:)

Sox
06-05-2008, 10:06 PM
Very nice victory and a big time sweep of the royals.....:)they gone.......

TheOldRoman
06-05-2008, 10:07 PM
For the 270th consecutive postgame thread, we have a request to fire Walker. :D:Well, I feel obligated. I mean, if I only posted it in threads after losses, people would say "how come you weren't complaining last night when we scored 9?"

SoxSpeed22
2-out RBIs! Holy ****!
Seriously though, nice job by Contreras and the offense.

Soxman219
Great win by the Sox tonight. Carry this momentum into this weekend. This is a huge series against the Twins and we must beat them. We can't lose to these medicore pitchers. Sweep the Twinkies!

Frater Perdurabo
06-05-2008, 10:08 PM
Need to gear up for this Twins series. It's important to win home games and important to beat your biggest division rival at home. Moreover, this upcoming four-game will be the last time the Twins visit the Cell this year (unless they meet in the playoffs). The last seven head-to-head meetings will be in the DumpDome. So let's pile on now, guys!

sox1970
06-05-2008, 10:08 PM
:indianslose

ElevenUp
06-05-2008, 10:13 PM
It's nice to win the ones you're supposed to win. Let's take the Twinkies and put some distance between us and second place!

JB98
06-05-2008, 10:20 PM
Well, I feel obligated. I mean, if I only posted it in threads after losses, people would say "how come you weren't complaining last night when we scored 9?"

I know. I'm just giving you ****. I'm not a fan of Walker's either.

It's Time
06-05-2008, 10:20 PM
Nice, easy sweep. Hopefully this will put an end to Hawk's never ending praise of the Royals.

They are every bit as bad as they have been for years.

tstrike2000
06-05-2008, 10:24 PM
If someone said we'd be 33-26 with three regulars in our lineup hovering just above or around .200 and none named Uribe, you'd think that record should at least be reversed. The pitching this year never ceases to surprise us all.

gobears1987
06-05-2008, 10:25 PM
Jose is filthy. My only complaint is we can't use him against the Twinkies. We're going to have to let Danks with his 2 point something ERA do the job.

whitesox901
06-05-2008, 10:35 PM
Great Win Tonite! Lets Get Those Twinkies!

Hendu
06-05-2008, 10:37 PM
Just what the Dr. ordered - a fairly easy win and a sweep. Man, Jose is looking good. Let's keep it going against the Twinkies.

KyWhiSoxFan
Konerko still struggling, going 0-for-3. I know he hit the HR yesterday, but he really needs to start getting some hits when he's batting cleanup. Maybe he ought to drop to 7th or so until he gets going again.

HomeFish
At worst, we're only 2.5 GB going into Tuesday. Hurting, but not eliminated. That's pretty good security.

gobears1987
06-05-2008, 10:40 PM
At worst, we're only 2.5 GB going into Tuesday. Hurting, but not eliminated. That's pretty good security.For you, that is a very optimistic post.

Just a point, it's impossible to drop 5 games in the standings during a 4 game series. I think you meant to say 1.5 games.

PicktoCLick72
At worst, we're only 2.5 GB going into Tuesday. Hurting, but not eliminated. That's pretty good security.

How can we lose 5 games in the next 4 games?

MCHSoxFan
SOX WIN! SOX SWEEEPPP!!! I was there and I was sooo happy we could get a "normal" win. Now, let's win that Twins series...or...SWEEEPPP!!! I think Saturday will be the hardest game of the all. I am only go tomorrow and Sunday.

whitem0nkey
06-05-2008, 10:41 PM
sweep home chicago!

:gulp:

Cuck the Fubs
06-05-2008, 10:41 PM

:?: What the hell is this? :?:

You watching the same team I am? At first I read it as if you were a Twins fan:o:

MCHSoxFan
06-05-2008, 10:42 PM

Eliminated?!?! Oh be quiet and watch the NBA Finals. :angry:

WhiteSox5187
06-05-2008, 10:49 PM
It's always great to get a sweep, but oh! Oh for a sweep of Minnesota! ****, taking three out of four would be awesome too!

Marqhead
06-05-2008, 10:50 PM
Just got back. Fun game to be at, nice and breezy and some good baseball to boot. Now lets go get the Twins!

Chicken Dinner
More than a 100 to go. Every one counts. Beat the bottom feeders, that's the key.

itsnotrequired
Chips bought me a beer tonight. Let the horns blow...

ArkanSox
06-05-2008, 10:51 PM
Ahhh...I was finally back home from a week away at work. Sox on the tube, the tunes playing, and the game was a breather.

It was friends, darts, beer, and one eye on the tube while the victory was in little doubt.

Life's good.

Pound the Twins. :D:

HomeFish
06-05-2008, 10:56 PM
For you, that is a very optimistic post.

Just a point, it's impossible to drop 5 games in the standings during a 4 game series. I think you meant to say 1.5 games.

Ah yes, that's true. Even better.

Still, I hope all you fluffy clouds don't get too excited for the Twins series. One of the games is a Buehrle start, which you can just write off as a loss. As for the others, our pitchers are doing well, but those damn Twins are always finding cheap ways to win. They're going to run all over us and come up with slick defensive play after slick defensive play.

itsnotrequired
06-05-2008, 10:58 PM
Still, I hope all you fluffy clouds don't get too excited for the Twins series. One of the games is a Buehrle start, which you can just write off as a loss. As for the others, our pitchers are doing well, but those damn Twins are always finding cheap ways to win. They're going to run all over us and come up with slick defensive play after slick defensive play.

He has won three of his last four starts against the Twins.

Get ****ed and so forth...

voodoochile
06-05-2008, 11:00 PM

Homefish, that's trolling. I'm not going to warn you again. Next time you post some ridiculous crap like this, you're gone.

itsnotrequired
06-05-2008, 11:01 PM
Homefish, that's trolling. I'm not going to warn you again. Next time you post some ridiculous crap like this, you're gone.

:takeittochat

thomas35forever
06-05-2008, 11:03 PM
We swept 'em! Let's get ready for the Twinkies. Win two and we've still got the lead on Monday.

Oh, and prepare for the next Timberwolf visit.

LoveYourSuit
06-05-2008, 11:04 PM
I hope this series was good tune up for the big one with the Twins.

Would be nice to take 3 of 4.

Twins are not a good team on the road. We should be fine.

TheOldRoman
06-05-2008, 11:10 PM
:?: What the hell is this? :?:

You watching the same team I am? At first I read it as if you were a Twins fan:o:He is.
Still, I hope all you fluffy clouds don't get too excited for the Twins series. One of the games is a Buehrle start, which you can just write off as a loss.Yes, other than his seven quality starts, he has sucked. This is weak, even for you.

Hitmen77
06-05-2008, 11:25 PM

Next four games. Don't forget we have that make up game with them on Monday.

SluggersAway
06-05-2008, 11:40 PM

Seriously, why is Homefish still here? He doesn't want to be here, no one else wants him here. He has not made a productive post in years? Is he a masochist in search of a flogging?

TheOldRoman
06-05-2008, 11:46 PM
Next four games. Don't forget we have that make up game with them on Monday.Right. I mean the three games after tomorrow. To summarize - tomorrow, step on their throats. Sat, Sun, Mon - crush their throats even more.:smile:

TheOldRoman
06-05-2008, 11:49 PM
Seriously, why is Homefish still here? He doesn't want to be here, no one else wants him here. He has not made a productive post in years? Is he a masochist in search of a flogging?You are taking him too seriously. There are a lot or morons here who I could see taking offense to. But Homefish? He is a joke. I actually laughed out loud when I read his "sox could be 2 1/2 out on Tuesday" comment. Just when you think he can't say anything more ridiculous, he goes and does it.

HomeFish
06-06-2008, 12:07 AM
Seriously, why is Homefish still here?

Because I am a fan of the Chicago White Sox and find WSI to be an extraordinary source of information and commentary about the team I love and baseball in general.

You can call me any name you want, but please don't call me a Twins fan. There are few teams I detest more than Minnesota.

TomBradley72
06-06-2008, 12:10 AM
Jose's ERA is now 2.76.

What a great turnaround.

(Listened to the game on XM while driving up Route 1 north of San Francisco...satellite radio has to be one of the best things ever).

chisoxfanatic
06-06-2008, 12:22 AM
That second inning, it was great to see them capitalize on some fielding mistakes made by the Royals. They were effective in completing the sweep, which helps in righting the ship after this past weekend.

Nice job, Sox. Let's keep it up against a Twins team that you should get a few wins out of this weekend!

SluggersAway
06-06-2008, 12:32 AM
Because I am a fan of the Chicago White Sox and find WSI to be an extraordinary source of information and commentary about the team I love and baseball in general.

You can call me any name you want, but please don't call me a Twins fan. There are few teams I detest more than Minnesota.

Hey I never called you a Twins fan or any other derogatory name. I just wondered why you hang around here with your dark cloud attitude. But, if you are a Sox fan and just choose to live on the dark side of life then more power to you.

RockyMtnSoxFan
06-06-2008, 12:55 AM
So do you guys consider Contreras to be our ace now? I was thinking about that earlier, and I think he is. It's like the second half of 2005 once again. For a little while I was thinking that maybe he was just having a good game or two, but now he's pitched extremely well in six straight starts. Plus, he gives you that feeling of being in control; I am less nervous when he's on the mound. Danks and Floyd have been good to great, but they are both young and seem to throw a lot of pitches. Vazquez has been better this year, but you always know that that sixth inning is looming in the distance.

At any rate, we have an awesome pitching staff. This might be even better than '05.

chisoxfanatic
06-06-2008, 01:18 AM
So do you guys consider Contreras to be our ace now? I was thinking about that earlier, and I think he is. It's like the second half of 2005 once again. For a little while I was thinking that maybe he was just having a good game or two, but now he's pitched extremely well in six straight starts. Plus, he gives you that feeling of being in control; I am less nervous when he's on the mound. Danks and Floyd have been good to great, but they are both young and seem to throw a lot of pitches. Vazquez has been better this year, but you always know that that sixth inning is looming in the distance.

At any rate, we have an awesome pitching staff. This might be even better than '05.
I'd put Jose and Javy neck-and-neck at this moment. Both have been outright dominating. It's great to lay down two aces on our table here at any time.

Jose has looked great with the movement of that forkball!

Mohoney
06-06-2008, 01:54 AM
This game was over after Cabrera drove those 2 HUGE runs in with 2 out in the bottom of the 2nd. You could see the Royals hanging their heads, thinking "Here we go again." That was great to bury them early and let Contreras put it on cruise control.

Railsplitter
06-06-2008, 05:57 AM
Let the horns blow...
...and the bananas dance.

:bandance::bandance::bandance:

VenturaFan23
06-06-2008, 07:23 AM
Well they did exactly what they were expected to do. Sweep the Royals. Now let's sweep the Twinkies!

kraut83
06-06-2008, 07:46 AM
Good to see Jose go 7, and give the bullpen some rest last night.

Also nice to see the Sox win without living off the HR!

Pinar_del_Rio_WS
06-06-2008, 09:13 AM

What U consider his best... a perfect game?

7 innings, 1 almost unearned run, 4 hits + 2 BB (WHIP 0.86), 100 Pt - 61 St

for me he was impresive again

Go, Sox, Go, donīt stop believing

chisoxfanatic
06-06-2008, 09:17 AM
Good to see Jose go 7, and give the bullpen some rest last night.
The best thing about that is that our entire bullpen, save for Loaiza, was spent on Wednesday night. They needed to rest up for their huge series this weekend. I think everyone in the bullpen is ready and well-rested to shut the Twins hitters down if our pitching can't rattle off complete games themselves.

cws05champ
06-06-2008, 09:19 AM
This was one of the most gratifying wins I have seen this year. Two out rallys to score a few runs, taking advantage of opponents mistakes, air tight pitching, solid play all the way around.

Lets get 3 of 4 at least from the Twinks....

balke
06-06-2008, 10:38 AM
Good game. The Sox are lucky Thome wasn't called out on that slide though. I like the aggressive baserunning, but after the past 2 games I think the Sox will be more cautious when taking 3rd. Anderson doesn't have to feel as upset now as PK and Thome made the same mistake.

I think the Sox get a pretty generous strike zone as well on both sides of the ball. I like beating the Royals though, so I can't complain.

Foulke You
06-06-2008, 10:46 AM
I also have to give some props for Orlando Cabrera. He is really coming around with the bat lately and coming up with some huge hits. He took a lot of flak on this board for his slow start but now I finally think we're starting to see the guy who hit .301 for the Angels last year.

It was also great to see Swisher come up with a big base hit with runners and 2nd and 3rd. He wasn't trying to hit the 6 run homer, he just took what the pitcher gave him and hit a liner to the opposite field.

turners56
06-06-2008, 10:58 AM
Let's see how Blackburn pitches after getting hit in the head by a liner. In addition to that, we've seen him 3 times already, two of which the White Sox have won. Should be a good game though.

BRDSR
06-06-2008, 12:59 PM
The Sox are now 30-11 when somebody hits a home run.

This leads me to deduce that the Sox are 3-15 when nobody hits a home run.

Although to a certain extent everybody knows this team relies on the home run too much, both those records are a little surprising to me. I'd be interested to see what it looks like for other teams.

GoSox2K3
06-07-2008, 09:20 PM

What was the score tonight? I didn't even bother watching because I heard it was an automatic loss.:rolleyes:

It is just incredible how little faith you have in this team.