PDA

View Full Version : Wow, Royce's Hitting

KempersRS
08-02-2001, 10:09 PM
Over the last 8 weeks or so he is hitting over .300. Royce is hitting .365 since July 1st. Amazing. He is hitting .417 in his last 2 weeks (20-48!). What are we going to do with him? If he keeps it up, I still think he deserves a chance to play next year.

NUKE_CLEVELAND
08-02-2001, 10:13 PM
I just don't know about this guy. He's sure hitting for this team at the wrong time though. Where was he in April & May? Where was he when the Sox needed some offensive help in early June?

This guy is like Amonte & Daze on the Blackhawks. He pitches in offensively when it doesn't matter anymore.

Jerry_Manuel
08-02-2001, 10:27 PM
I just don't know about this guy. He's sure hitting for this team at the wrong time though. Where was he in April & May? Where was he when the Sox needed some offensive help in early June?

I can't answer any of the above questions but I remember Joshua was angry that Royce and Baines wouldn't make any changes in there swing when he tried to help. Perhaps Ward is helping him?

CLR01
08-02-2001, 10:40 PM
This guy is like Amonte & Daze on the Blackhawks. He pitches in offensively when it doesn't matter anymore.

I know this is the wrong board for this but dont throw Amontes name in the same sentence as Daze's or royces for that matter. Daze flat out sucks, but Amonte works his ass off. The guy cant carry the team when almost everyone else on the team sucks and the defense just keeps on him and makes the rest of the team do the work.

Kilroy
08-03-2001, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by NUKE_CLEVELAND

Hey, where was anyone in April and May? Thomas didn't hit, Lee didn't hit, Konerko and Maggs didn't hit. No one was getting the job done back then. Royce got the most heat because he hit .096 for the first month or so.

danman31
08-03-2001, 12:59 AM
Hey, where was anyone in April and May? Thomas didn't hit, Lee didn't hit, Konerko and Maggs didn't hit. No one was getting the job done back then. Royce got the most heat because he hit .096 for the first month or so.

Baseball is a team sport, but Royce was sucking so bad he could have been a whole slumping team. It all doesn't matter anymore, we could be here a long time saying 'what ifs'. The season is over and somehow Royce is batting 238 and is our hottest hitter.

Even though Jerry is on his way to 800 and probably will be at 1000 by the end of Friday: 100 posts for me!!! Woo hoo!

PutItOnTheBoard
08-03-2001, 12:59 AM
I hear you Kilroy. In researching stats to try to reason with some of the Royce haters, I just realized that before his injury big Frank was hitting .221

.221!!!!

Wow.

danman31
08-03-2001, 01:03 AM
Even though Jerry is on his way to 800 and probably will be at 1000 by the end of Friday

Well he now has 800 as I was posting, what a surprise.

Jerry_Manuel
08-03-2001, 07:12 AM
Even though Jerry is on his way to 800 and probably will be at 1000 by the end of Friday: 100 posts for me!!! Woo hoo!

Well good for you!

Jerry_Manuel
08-03-2001, 07:13 AM
Well he now has 800 as I was posting, what a surprise.

That sounded like you were taking a shot at me, were you?

danman31
08-03-2001, 12:12 PM
That sounded like you were taking a shot at me, were you?

You shouldn't take it that way. I was just pointing out that you have sooo many posts and so fast. Besides who am I to diss a 'WSI Personality'?

Jerry_Manuel
08-03-2001, 12:29 PM
You shouldn't take it that way. I was just pointing out that you have sooo many posts and so fast.

Yes that is true.

Besides who am I to diss a 'WSI Personality'?

Oh I don't care you can diss me while I am just a 'WSI Personality' but not when I am WSI Church Elder!