PDA

View Full Version : MLB.TV Blackout Rules: Apply if You're Traveling?

TomBradley72
06-05-2008, 12:32 AM
I'm considering the MLB.TV package. I live in the Chicago area...but travel alot for work. If I'm outside the black out area traveling for work when I access, can I see the White Sox game? My credit card record will indicate a local zip code. The FAQ on their website is unclear.

They have a free 5 day trial available and I'm in northern CA until Sunday...figured I try it out.

Thanks in advance if anyone can answer the question.

I want Mags back
06-05-2008, 01:18 AM
MLB.tv does not look at your credit card, it tracks your IP location or whatever you call it. Travel and your good to go.

the blackout map can be viewed here (http://mlb.ensequence.com/showthread.php?t=47)

cnw8052
06-05-2008, 05:40 PM
Man!!! Northwestern Illinois and the state of Iowa REALLY get screwed by the blackout crap.

turners56
06-05-2008, 05:53 PM
Man!!! Northwestern Illinois and the state of Iowa REALLY get screwed by the blackout crap.

Proxy servers FTW. My TV is busted, so all I have now is my mlb.tv to watch games. I proxy to watch the Sox games now.

I want Mags back
06-05-2008, 08:29 PM
Proxy servers FTW. My TV is busted, so all I have now is my mlb.tv to watch games. I proxy to watch the Sox games now.

how is this done. When I use proxys on MLB.tv I am unable to log in to my account. i was blackouted down at school and couldnt watch any games