PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Paulie hits it just in time! Sox win 6-4 on 6-4 in 15!

Frater Perdurabo
06-04-2008, 11:35 PM
Great job, Paulie!

Sockinchisox
06-04-2008, 11:35 PM
Paulie!

doublem23
06-04-2008, 11:36 PM
For kittle...

Paulie's totally going to bust out now. :D:

Viva Medias B's
:dinger
:putitontheboard
:winner

oeo
I was ready for 15 more, but I'll take it.

:bandance:

kittle42
Gobble, gobble!

SOXfnNlansing
all that can be said is Great Win!!!!!!!

no sense in nitpicking here:bandance:

JB98
06-04-2008, 11:37 PM
Paulie 5-for-6 with 4 HRs off Gobble.

Brian26
Konerko 5 for 6 lifetime off Gobble w/ 4 HR's. That's insane.

Frater Perdurabo
Gobble, gobble!

Turkey leg!:)

rowand33
won the series.

sweep tomorrow.

Need Jose to go 7, and the offense to give him a cushion.

glad I can go to bed now.

kittle42
06-04-2008, 11:38 PM
Tomorrow is a must win.

Really, though, a first place team should finish the sweep at home! Let's do it!

Frater Perdurabo
won the series.

sweep tomorrow.

No doubt!

BTW, are you still here in Dallas/Plano? We need to get together for a beer and a Sox game sometime.

ElevenUp
Great job by the pen tonight after Bobby's bad luck 9th

KnightSox
06-04-2008, 11:39 PM
Alot to talk about,great job by the bullpen in extra innings, Thome's 464' shot was something to behold. I hope Joe just has a bruise, we needed this one with the Twinkies victory.

Navarro's Talent
Good to see Paulie getting the game-winner!

I was getting ready for Loaiza to go nine innings. :D:

Rocky Soprano
Thanks PK!

Gobble Gobble Bitch!

oeo
won the series.

sweep tomorrow.

Jose is our ace again. He'll come out big.

gobears1987
Who is going to complain about PK and Thome tonight? What a game!

Frater Perdurabo
06-04-2008, 11:40 PM
Can't we just play three more innings and get two 3-2 wins out of this and just skip tomorrow's game? :D:

veeter
06-04-2008, 11:40 PM
Man I needed that. Alexi saved this one. Nice smash Paulie!!!!!

btrain929
06-04-2008, 11:41 PM
....and Toby Hall with the shaving cream to PK's face to cap it off.

Seeing Ozzie be the 1st to high-five Paulie on his way to home plate, seeing Quentin and OC doing the body-bump against the celebration pile. God I love walkoff celebrations.

TheOldRoman
Glad to have the game end with a Sox win. Fire Greg Walker.

Bobby's blown save and the extra innings took attention away from it, but lets all take a moment to remember Thome's homer.:mg: :mg: :mg: It hit the basing of the Fan Deck. It had to be 550 feet, and the concourse is probably 50 feet off the field.

manders_01
Thank you Paulie!!! :bandance:

Frater Perdurabo
06-04-2008, 11:42 PM
Dear Paulie,

I want to personally thank you for coming up big when it counted.

Yes, it would have been nice to get it earlier, and I still think you're in a horrible slump, but I really hope this is the start of a great hot streak for you and for the team.

- Frater
:redface:

BadBobbyJenks
Paulie Freaking Konerko

June is going to be a great month folks.

veeter
Great job by the pen tonight after Bobby's bad luck 9thGreat call. Our hitters should expect one in the ribs tomorrow, though.

Cuck the Fubs
Nice game.........all the way around.

Way to pick up Bobby Paulie:smile:

hawkjt
06-04-2008, 11:43 PM
At least Sox are assured of going into the weekend series with the Twinkies in first place.
PK needed that sooo bad. The batting averages were taking a severe hit tonite...AJ -5 times groundout to second..ouch. JD 1-6. Hey, a win is a win..a big one to get,tho. Losing would have been morale-eroding.

BoKnowsBest
Hopefully that helps paulie start heating up and hitting like we all know he can.

And thank god my MLB.TV came back just in time for Paulie's blast :bandance::bandance::bandance:

Jerome
thought it was going foul for sure, awesome way to end the game

hopefully Paulie and Thome will maybe start to come around a little bit?:scratch:

TheOldRoman
06-04-2008, 11:44 PM
Thanks PK!

Gobble Gobble Bitch!:rolling:

TheOldRoman
06-04-2008, 11:45 PM
Dear Paulie,

I want to personally thank you for coming up big when it counted.

Yes, it would have been nice to get it earlier, and I still think you're in a horrible slump, but I really hope this is the start of a great hot streak for you and for the team.

- Frater
:redface:That's all you got, Frater? Are you sure you don't want to add in a "P.S. If asked, please wave your no trade clause"?:D:

Frater Perdurabo
06-04-2008, 11:48 PM
That's all you got, Frater? Are you sure you don't want to add in a "P.S. If asked, please wave your no trade clause"?:D:

Hey, he's here for the duration of his contract and I'm fine with that. No more "trade Paulie" proposals from me; they're pointless.

Rather, I'm just going to continue to root for him to rake.

Don't tell me what you hit. Tell me when you hit it.

:)

Tragg
Was Jenks hit hard, or was it a bunch of cheap stuff?

btrain929
I'm watching the post-game show on Comcast SportsNet, and they were going to show all the great plays by Alexei, and as their intro to those clips, they showed his name across the screen:

Alexi Ramirez

:o::o::o::o:

jabrch
06-04-2008, 11:49 PM
Nice to see them come up with the win. Nice job taking care of business at home and winning another series.

Sweep em tomorrow - and then bring on the Twinkies.

doublem23
06-04-2008, 11:50 PM
I'm watching the post-game show on Comcast SportsNet, and they were going to show all the great plays by Alexei, and as their intro to those clips, they showed his name across the screen:

Alexi Ramirez

:o::o::o::o:

Which one of you works for CSN?

Frater Perdurabo

Didn't see it, but others reported that they all were weak grounders that just happened to find holes between the infielders.

cheezheadsoxfan

Three seeing eye singles.

Frontman
06-04-2008, 11:51 PM

Gobble pulled a Hellboy when he saw Paulie walking to the batter's box:

http://www.piratesk12site.net/hellboy3.jpg
"Aww crap."

Good job Paulie, great game by Alexei. Good to see Ozzie to greet Paulie on the baseline.

I hope a few more wins can put this whole outburst behind the Sox.

btrain929

-1 infield single barely past Crede, and Cabrera couldn't beat the runner with his throw.
-1 single thru the right side hit eh ok.
-Sac bunt to move them over to 2nd and 3rd (had the batter 1-2 and threw a fastball right down the middle instead of a curve, which im sure the batter would of had no chance of bunting).
-1 single back up the middle pretty hard to score them.

voodoochile
So Ozzie moves Swisher, Konerko and Thome back up into their regular slots even though they are all mired in deep season long slumps and all they do is hit 3 home runs in 2 nights. At this rate the three of them are going to finish the season with a combined 156 homers between now and the end of the season. Heck of a shake up there Ozzie...

:supernana:

btrain929
06-04-2008, 11:52 PM
So Ozzie moves Swisher, Konerko and Thome back up into their regular slots even though they are all mired in deep season long slumps and all they do is hit 3 home runs in 2 nights. At this rate the three of them are going to finish the season with a combined 156 homers between now and the end of the season. Heck of a shake up there Ozzie...

:supernana:

What's their combined batting average in the past 2 nights?

TheOldRoman
Was Jenks hit hard, or was it a bunch of cheap stuff?The first two were cheap. After two singles, followed by two failed bunt attempts, the hitter got one down. Then Guillen slapped one up the middle. Just a tough night.

JermaineDye05
So could someone let me know when the other plays Alexei made were. I only saw that one in the 14th, since I was out all night I missed most of the game.

sox1970
06-04-2008, 11:53 PM
Even though they didn't use Loaiza tonight, it was probably a good thing he was on the roster.

Good win after the blown save. Logan was great.

Konerko goes home above the Mendoza line.

Frater Perdurabo
06-04-2008, 11:54 PM
Heck of a shake up there Ozzie...

Or facing KC pitching...

Or that thing about blind squirrels finding nuts sometimes...

Or maybe I'm just messing with you! :tongue:

This was a great win! :gulp:

JB98
06-04-2008, 11:55 PM
The first two were cheap. After two singles, followed by two failed bunt attempts, the hitter got one down. Then Guillen slapped one up the middle. Just a tough night.

It was DeJesus who had the game-tying hit. He hit it pretty decent, but it was still a grounder that had eyes.

The first two singles off Jenks were cheap, total seeing-eye in my estimation.

Tough night for Bobby.

Soxman219
06-04-2008, 11:55 PM
That HR is going to get PK going again!
:bandance:

A nice win for the Sox tonight, including Thome's 500 foot bomb:o::o::mg:.

voodoochile
06-04-2008, 11:56 PM
What's their combined batting average in the past 2 nights?

If they hit 156 HR the rest of the season...

:whocares:

popilius
06-04-2008, 11:57 PM
Yes! Very good win, it would have been hard to face another tough loss in the last inning, especially with all those bullpen guys doing such a good job. And awesome job by The Cuban Missile! I thought he had no chance on that last barehanded play he made!

:gulp:

thomas35forever
06-04-2008, 11:57 PM
This should restore Paulie's confidence, but it could also mean he'll keep swinging for the fences.

Nonetheless, I'm just glad we've retained our lead in the Central.:D:

sox1970
06-05-2008, 12:01 AM
This should restore Paulie's confidence, but it could also mean he'll keep swinging for the fences.

Nonetheless, I'm just glad we've maintained our lead in the Central.:D:

Fixed

itsnotrequired
06-05-2008, 12:04 AM
I watched this walk-off with The Dude. Haters who left early can go rot.

oeo
06-05-2008, 12:07 AM

Cheapies. He looked fine.

DumpJerry
06-05-2008, 12:45 AM
Just got home from the game. Tired....

I was standing by Minoso's statue when Thome hit his blast. The ball landed about 40 feet away from me in front of the concession stand under the Fan Deck! It had a vicious backspin and would have spun back over the windscreen except this guy with a glove jumped up and snagged it. Awesome is the only word that comes close to describing it.

Got a foul ball in the 15th when Olivo fouled off the next to last pitch he got from Dotel.

My friend missed the split ticket prize money by 5 tickets (she had xxxxx45 and the winner was xxxxx40 :angry: $3,800!)

Good night all around.

gobears1987
06-05-2008, 12:51 AM
What's their combined batting average in the past 2 nights?Don't tell me what you hit, tell me when you hit it.

oeo
06-05-2008, 12:58 AM
The first two were cheap. After two singles, followed by two failed bunt attempts, the hitter got one down. Then Guillen slapped one up the middle. Just a tough night.

DeJesus' single was just beaten into the ground, and just got over Bobby's glove. They were all pretty crappy hits.

chisoxfanatic
06-05-2008, 01:01 AM
Got back from the game just over an hour ago and finally can settle in for the night. A few ruminations:

I am so glad that Ramirez's lack of tagging home plate in the 5th did not ultimately come back to ultimately haunt them.
Thome's home run was a complete BOMB! If it weren't for the Fan Deck being there, it could've gone longer than LTP's several years ago!
Konerko more than anyone not named Swisher needed that walk-off in the worst way. Maybe THIS can get him back in the swing of things.
It's great to see a blown save by Jenks not turn up in the loss column.
Dotel had some great composure out there when it really mattered
It is a sunny night on the south side of Chicago :)

TDog
06-05-2008, 01:01 AM
Great job by the pen tonight after Bobby's bad luck 9th

I know it upsets people when Konerko swings on the first pitch.

This was a great win, and I never doubted it, even when the Royals tied it in the ninth. From the time the score was tied, or at least from the pickoff, it was a battle of attrition. The Royals played two extra-inning games against the Twins last week and lost them both. I was confident they wouldn't score after the ninth tonight, but after Dotel, I was less confident about Loaiza, but I expected the Sox to score off of Gobble.

Twelve relievers pitched in the game. Only two were scored upon. Unfortunately, one of them was Jenks.

Jenks, Dotel and Logan likely won't be available Thursday. But Soria, Ramirez and Yabuta are probably unavailable for the Royals. Soria and Ramirez are the cream of the Royals pen.

The Sox will have Linebrink, Masset and possibly Thornton available. Then there is Loaiza, who I expect to see if the game isn't close. I hope the Royals get a break and have to pitch only eight innings.

DumpJerry
06-05-2008, 01:04 AM
Got back from the game just over an hour ago and finally can settle in for the night. A few ruminations:

I am so glad that Ramirez's lack of tagging home plate in the 5th did not ultimately come back to ultimately haunt them.
Thome's home run was a complete BOMB! If it weren't for the Fan Deck being there, it could've gone longer than LTP's several years ago! My friend who sits in 126 and had a great view of the play at the Plate told me there was no way for Alexei to get the Plate, Buck did an excellent job of blocking.

The Fan Deck not factor into Thome's home run. It landed front of it and spun back towards the field. I was standing pretty close to it and saw it fly over the windscreen and hit the cement.

kevingrt
06-05-2008, 01:05 AM
That was long and fun. What a great ballgame to be at. And #14 getting the J-O-B DONE!

HomeFish
06-05-2008, 01:06 AM
For the first time in my life I got onto the center field jumbotron at this game. Such are the advantages of sticking around for the 14th inning stretch. You guys missed your chance to boo. :cool:

chisoxfanatic
06-05-2008, 01:09 AM
For the first time in my life I got onto the center field jumbotron at this game. Such are the advantages of sticking around for the 14th inning stretch. You guys missed your chance to boo. :cool:

Were you the man in the Sox jacket pull-over dancing with that one chick? That couple got on there three times during that stretch!

Vernam
06-05-2008, 01:51 AM
We were out there in the picnic area, first time I've sat there, somehow. It's quite possible to get over-served out there, that's all I'm sayin'.

As Thome batted in the fourth, I was trying to goad my friend into a bet over what type of double play he'd hit into. You know what happened next. So in the fifteenth, I took the same tack with Konerko, with similar results.

In such a long game, I have to admit my first reaction after the game-winning HR was to think of the cliche about an infinite number of monkeys in a room with an infinite number of typewriters, eventually typing the collected works of William Shakespeare. But that's pretty mean, I suppose. I can't help it, I just thought it.

Both those guys have struggled, and we need them badly. So it was a great way to end the night. But I also felt sort of like my dad when, as a kid, I couldn't understand why he got pissed whenever Pete Ward hit a homer. "Because now it'll take that much longer for them to get rid of him," he said.

But hey, we're in first place . . .

Vernam

PicktoCLick72
06-05-2008, 02:07 AM
After a adventure on the CTA I am back from the game and it was a much smoother ride with a win. The play by Alexei was just awesome and also great bullpen work today with very few hard hit balls.

I was in the bleachers and Toby Hall kept coming out and giving candy and gum to all the fans still there.

Let's sweep 'em tomorrow.

TomBradley72
06-05-2008, 02:12 AM
Twelve relievers pitched in the game. Only two were scored upon. Unfortunately, one of them was Jenks.

Jenks, Dotel and Logan likely won't be available Thursday. But Soria, Ramirez and Yabuta are probably unavailable for the Royals. Soria and Ramirez are the cream of the Royals pen.

The Sox will have Linebrink, Masset and possibly Thornton available. Then there is Loaiza, who I expect to see if the game isn't close. I hope the Royals get a break and have to pitch only eight innings.

If there was ever a night to work the counts and drive the starters pitch count up and get to the bullpen, sounds like tomorrow's the night. I hope they're patient at the palte.

goodsy72
06-05-2008, 04:12 AM
Paulie!!!Paulie!!!Paulie!!!

Don't worry man you still got it. Right before he hit it I had a flash back to that ****ty year he had and he got benched. He pinch hit and hit a first pitch homer off the twinks in an extra inning game like the 12th to tie it. Those Sox went no where but it was a cool feeling.:)

Don't Stop Believin!

Sorry, I know for the Journey reference I deserve the rack :dtroll:

Frater Perdurabo
06-05-2008, 06:13 AM
I was in the bleachers and Toby Hall kept coming out and giving candy and gum to all the fans still there.

That's funny!

At least he wasn't eating it all himself! :tongue:

Frontman
06-05-2008, 06:38 AM
I know it upsets people when Konerko swings on the first pitch.

I don't. I get upset when its a belt-high fastball that's in his wheelhouse and he lets it go, no matter what the count. I understand the first at-bat, as he's getting the pitchers timing down; but when you've seen the guy 5 times, hitting him 3 times for the longball, he better be watching for that fastball and crushing it like he did.

Railsplitter
06-05-2008, 06:46 AM
Coulda won it in regulation. Still, it's a win. :bandance::bandance:

SBSoxFan
06-05-2008, 06:59 AM
I guess I'll be the lone dark cloud here. This offense is still aggravating to watch. 5 of their 6 runs scored on homers. They regressed on the basepaths. Alexei's failure to touch home cost them the opportunity for a 5th run in regulation. Even with that, Paulie left runners on 2nd and 3rd right after.

I also miss the Bobby who could throw 95-100 mph.

I'm always happy for a White Sox winner, but I hope they can become a more complete team as the season progresses.

ms620
06-05-2008, 07:17 AM
I guess I'll be the lone dark cloud here. This offense is still aggravating to watch. 5 of their 6 runs scored on homers. They regressed on the basepaths. Alexei's failure to touch home cost them the opportunity for a 5th run in regulation. Even with that, Paulie left runners on 2nd and 3rd right after.

I also miss the Bobby who could throw 95-100 mph.

I'm always happy for a White Sox winner, but I hope they can become a more complete team as the season progresses.

When are people going to understand that this Bobby, who throws 92-94 is better than the Bobby who throws 95-100. He does not strike out as many hitters, but he is still a very good closer. Give him a break.

Carolina Kenny
06-05-2008, 07:23 AM

If Konerko kept up this pace against the rest of the league, he would set a HR record of 300 HR's for the year.

DumpJerry
06-05-2008, 07:25 AM
When are people going to understand that this Bobby, who throws 92-94 is better than the Bobby who throws 95-100. He does not strike out as many hitters, but he is still a very good closer. Give him a break.
ms, some people will never get it. They would rather see a short-term Bobby with a sore arm than a long term Bobby with a healthy arm.

The mere fact that Bobby has the ability to fire one in there is enough to make knees shake in the Batter's Box.

Law11
06-05-2008, 07:26 AM
ms, some people will never get it. They would rather see a short-term Bobby with a sore arm than a long term Bobby with a healthy arm.

The mere fact that Bobby has the ability to fire one in there is enough to make knees shake in the Batter's Box.

Exactly.. and since when did closers save every game without a few blips during the season.. get a grip people.

DumpJerry
06-05-2008, 07:28 AM
Bobby has a 12-6 curve that is one of MLB's best. The hard heat is not his only weapon. If you want 100 mph, pull up some video of Billy Koch.

SBSoxFan
06-05-2008, 07:30 AM

If by people you mean me, I'm not yet convinced that he is better; It'll take the rest of the season. I realize that, up until last night, he hadn't blown a save this year to any team not named Baltimore. However, it seems like the common denominator is that he struggles when he doesn't have a good breaking ball. He's getting a heck of a lot more ground ball outs these days, but when you "pitch to contact" balls can find holes, like last night. In those times, it would be nice to have a 95+ fastball to fall back on.

SBSoxFan
06-05-2008, 07:39 AM
Bobby has a 12-6 curve that is one of MLB's best. The hard heat is not his only weapon. If you want 100 mph, pull up some video of Billy Koch.

He didn't show that curve last night. I also didn't know there was a direct correlation between throwing hard and longevity.

This isn't directed at you Dump, but I'm certain we can go back through the archives the last 3 years and won't find any negative comments regarding Jenks. I'm pretty sure I do have a grip.

Frontman
06-05-2008, 07:53 AM

Exactly. Bobby used to be a flamethrower. Now he's a professional closer.

Those were seeing-eye singles that got past the defense. The flame-throwing Bobby scares me, as usually when a batter hits one of those, they go deep outfield or further.

jabrch
06-05-2008, 08:10 AM
Exactly.. and since when did closers save every game without a few blips during the season.. get a grip people.

You must be new to WSI. :-)

Law11
06-05-2008, 08:12 AM
You must be new to WSI. :-)

I know what was I thinking.. Rational thoughts after a blown save..

Frontman
06-05-2008, 08:15 AM
I know what was I thinking.. Rational thoughts after a blown save..

http://www.lazydork.com/movies/tombstone.jpg
"We ain't gonna tolerate that type of logic talk in this here town."

palehozenychicty
06-05-2008, 08:38 AM
I saw that the Royals tied it in the 9th on my phone (was at a concert :D:), but I knew we'd get it done. I couldn't be happier for Paulie, and hopefully he can get started. Thome's blast was something else.

soxpride724
06-05-2008, 08:53 AM
I didn't stay up for the ending, but I had a feeling when the Royals tied it in the ninth that we'd pull it out. I guess after the late night last night/this morning, the deal for Esteban is looking good, wel need him in that bullpen.

tebman
06-05-2008, 09:09 AM
In such a long game, I have to admit my first reaction after the game-winning HR was to think of the cliche about an infinite number of monkeys in a room with an infinite number of typewriters, eventually typing the collected works of William Shakespeare. But that's pretty mean, I suppose. I can't help it, I just thought it.

Both those guys have struggled, and we need them badly. So it was a great way to end the night. But I also felt sort of like my dad when, as a kid, I couldn't understand why he got pissed whenever Pete Ward hit a homer. "Because now it'll take that much longer for them to get rid of him," he said.

But hey, we're in first place . . .

:lol: My dad felt exactly the same way about Ward! Thought he was a hotdog and wanted him gone.

We were there last night until the sweet end and I wondered the same kind of thing about winning the game if it went on long enough. All those weak grounders made me crazy, but a win is a win.

As much as I hate giving umpires any credit (:redneck), the call on Ramirez was a good one. I also have to give the ump props for the way he handled the situation when Olivo got hit by Dotel's pitch. Olivo acted the fool, stalking around as if Dotel was headhunting but the umpire showed common sense and kept the game under control. Ramirez's barehanded plays were things of beauty, even if he did miss the plate trying to score.

And Thome's homer! We sat in 537 with a great view of the flight of the ball and I kept watching for it to fall in front of the greenery behind the CF fence. It never did and I had no idea where it went. It was announced that it traveled 464 feet, but I agree that if the fan deck structure wasn't there we would've had a new LTP champ. :superman:

oeo
06-05-2008, 09:17 AM
[/list]My friend who sits in 126 and had a great view of the play at the Plate told me there was no way for Alexei to get the Plate, Buck did an excellent job of blocking.

Buck did do a good job blocking, but the biggest problem was Alexei didn't even know he missed the plate. There was a behind camera view, and he really wasn't even that close.

Buck didn't make a clean play, and Alexei had plenty of time to reach back and touch the bag. Live and learn, though...he'll never do that again.

oeo
06-05-2008, 09:20 AM

We go through this every year.

When Bobby hits his stride, in late June/early July, and becomes unhittable, the naysayers seem to disappear.

balke
06-05-2008, 09:30 AM
Am I the only one that was really pulling for Anderson to slide in safe to 3B and score the winning run on a sac fly? This season late and close he's been getting great wood on the ball and aiming for the gaps.

The fact that he got tagged out makes him look like he messed up yet again in a way, but I think you have to make a decision there, and there was at least a slight chance of him getting into 3rd safely.

Just to look it up and verify, he's hitting .286 in late and close situations. And I've seen at least two games where he got robbed of good hits in the gaps in that situation.

I hope he keeps his head up, because as a guy coming off the bench he's doing most of what you hope for. I'd like to see him keep fighting while Swisher struggles.

turners56
06-05-2008, 10:27 AM
Thank god for Konerko or we would of had to use Loaiza in the 16th, who knows what would of happened? Imagine all the outrage there would be on this site had we lost! Phew...

VeeckAsInWreck
06-05-2008, 10:40 AM
Thank god for Konerko or we would of had to use Loaiza in the 16th, who knows what would of happened? Imagine all the outrage there would be on this site had we lost! Phew...

If the Royals had scored three in the 9th and Jenks got the loss, a lot of people would be saying

1. Jenks has lost his velocity and therefore will not be an effective closer for us anymore.

2. Ozzie clearly doesn't know how to manage the bullpen because he used Jenks the night before in a non-save situation.

3. This is all Greg Walker's fault.

turners56
06-05-2008, 10:45 AM
If the Royals had scored three in the 9th and Jenks got the loss, a lot of people would be saying

1. Jenks has lost his velocity and therefore will not be an effective closer for us anymore.

2. Ozzie clearly doesn't know how to manage the bullpen because he used Jenks the night before in a non-save situation.

3. This is all Greg Walker's fault.

Bobby has been in some trouble lately. He was fine in the first game of this series, but in Cleveland he was shaky. It's obvious his velocity is fine where it's at. It's most likely that he's not getting the curve over, making him kind of one dimensional.

MsSoxVixen22
06-05-2008, 10:50 AM
My Dad told me it looked like Paulie said "it's about ****ing time!" when he hit his homer. He was reading his lips. Did anybody else catch that too? I fell asleep so I have no way of knowing.

turners56
06-05-2008, 10:52 AM
My Dad told me it looked like Paulie said "it's about ****ing time!" when he hit his homer. He was reading his lips. Did anybody else catch that too? I fell asleep so I have no way of knowing.

2008 Chicago White Sox Baseball: Share the passion. Show the swagger.

Paulie did both, and you know what? He trotted!

VeeckAsInWreck
06-05-2008, 10:59 AM

You can see the video here (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/media/video.jsp?mid=200806052843993). Pauly is definitely saying something but it's hard to tell.

I will say that after Danks was pulled from the game you could read his lips and it looks like he directed an F-bomb to the ump before he left.

Pear-Zin-Ski
06-05-2008, 10:59 AM
I guess no one else saw the play Crede made with his forearm to save a double....

make sure Alexi knowns there is no rule about tagging the bag twice...he should've gone right back to where he was and slapped home plate....

Other than that great win for the good guys...nice to see the absent bats come alive...and it'll be even better when our hot bats hit on the same night....

MsSoxVixen22
06-05-2008, 11:01 AM
You can see the video here (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/media/video.jsp?mid=200806052843993). Pauly is definitely saying something but it's hard to tell.

I will say that after Danks was pulled from the game you could read his lips and it looks like he directed an F-bomb to the ump before he left.

Thanks for the link to the video but I'll have to check it out on my home computer. They have it blocked at my work for some reason. Stupid fliter! :angry:

VeeckAsInWreck
06-05-2008, 11:05 AM
Thanks for the link to the video but I'll have to check it out on my home computer. They have it blocked at my work for some reason. Stupid fliter! :angry:

You're welcome, take solace that at least your workplace doesn't filter WSI! :wink:

SBSoxFan
06-05-2008, 11:14 AM
You're welcome, take solace that at least your workplace doesn't filter WSI! :wink:

True. No personal email and no message boards where I work!

MsSoxVixen22
06-05-2008, 11:20 AM

Oh I do! If WSI was blocked, I'd have nothing to do while I'm at work! :smile:

delben91
06-05-2008, 11:24 AM
If by people you mean me, I'm not yet convinced that he is better; It'll take the rest of the season. I realize that, up until last night, he hadn't blown a save this year to any team not named Baltimore. However, it seems like the common denominator is that he struggles when he doesn't have a good breaking ball. He's getting a heck of a lot more ground ball outs these days, but when you "pitch to contact" balls can find holes, like last night. In those times, it would be nice to have a 95+ fastball to fall back on.

I think the Sox should make a deal for Jeremy Accardo or David Wethers.

Get it done Kenny!! :bandance:

SBSoxFan
06-05-2008, 11:40 AM
I think the Sox should make a deal for Jeremy Accardo or David Wethers.

Get it done Kenny!! :bandance:

haha ... :redneck I never suggested he's done or that they needed a change.

Jerko
06-05-2008, 12:07 PM
If Paulie wanted to talk to somebody he should have told Ramirez to TAG THE PLATE!!!!!! But, if that walk-off wakes his ass up, I'm glad he didn't.

cheezheadsoxfan
06-05-2008, 12:11 PM
Oh I do! If WSI was blocked, I'd have nothing to do while I'm at work! :smile:

I know what you mean. I have my laptop at work so I can just plug that into the internet connection.:cool:

whitesox901
06-05-2008, 12:22 PM
was in bed, got the TXT from White Sox Moble, really hoping this turns around Paul and Jim.

LoveYourSuit
06-05-2008, 01:00 PM
That game was amazing last night.

A Ramirez made 4 barehand plays and the last one saved the day.

Kudos to Dotel for being a warrior out there and extending himself.

The play where Gordon jumps into the stands to make the catch, is it me or did White Sox security way over react on there? Check the video.... the securtiy guy is pretty much running with the umpire to get Gordon out.

soxfan21
06-05-2008, 01:05 PM
Glad we got the win last night. As mentioned before, Alexei's defense was outstanding and I was glad that Paulie hit the game winner last night. Maybe this might give him some momentum or something hopefully. The place was really empty when that game ended last night, and I have never seen a parking lot so empty as last night when the game ended. The fly over before the game was pretty sweet, and the victory just added to the sweetness of last night :D:.

russ99
06-05-2008, 01:46 PM
Glad we got the win last night. As mentioned before, Alexei's defense was outstanding and I was glad that Paulie hit the game winner last night. Maybe this might give him some momentum or something hopefully. The place was really empty when that game ended last night, and I have never seen a parking lot so empty as last night when the game ended. The fly over before the game was pretty sweet, and the victory just added to the sweetness of last night :D:.

That fly-over also flew right over my place in Bucktown and scared the heck out of my cat. Nothing like a few unannounced military jets to get the blood pumping.

Pinar_del_Rio_WS
06-05-2008, 02:13 PM
If Paulie wanted to talk to somebody he should have told Ramirez to TAG THE PLATE!!!!!! But, if that walk-off wakes his ass up, I'm glad he didn't.

NOPE!, you are wrong, probably he told THANKS TO RAMIREZ FOR NOT TO TAG THE PLATE!! because if Ramirez had tag the plate the game had ended in the 9th and Paulie never had the chance for such a blast!!!

Frankfan4life
06-05-2008, 02:32 PM

Alexi Ramirez

:o::o::o::o:That's almost as bad as the phone number for the Bulls Sox Academy, 630-PLAY-BALL, that was being plugged during the game.

turners56
06-05-2008, 03:53 PM
I just saw this tidbit this morning as I was checking out team stats.

Because of last night's 15 inning game, the White Sox ERA is now down to 3.33. THE BEST ERA IN THE MAJORS! We eclipsed Toronto last night, who is now at 3.36.

Coop deserves a big round of applause.:yup:

doublem23
06-05-2008, 04:47 PM
I just saw this tidbit this morning as I was checking out team stats.

Because of last night's 15 inning game, the White Sox ERA is now down to 3.33. THE BEST ERA IN THE MAJORS! We eclipsed Toronto last night, who is now at 3.36.

Coop deserves a big round of applause.:yup:

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/pressbox/photos/headshots_players_coaches/123824_90x135.jpg
That was the plan all along, so will you guys quit bitching now?

:D:

doublem23
06-05-2008, 04:49 PM
That's almost as bad as the phone number for the Bulls Sox Academy, 630-PLAY-BALL, that was being plugged during the game.

:scratch:

That is the phone number (http://www.bullssoxacademy.com/managex/?x=35&y=35&articlesource=35).

VeeckAsInWreck
06-05-2008, 04:55 PM
:scratch:

That is the phone number (http://www.bullssoxacademy.com/managex/?x=35&y=35&articlesource=35).

I think what was meant is that the number is being presented in this manner 111-1111-111 when we normally see them like this 111-111-1111. That's just my guess.

peeonwrigley
06-05-2008, 05:02 PM
That fly-over also flew right over my place in Bucktown and scared the heck out of my cat. Nothing like a few unannounced military jets to get the blood pumping.

I wondered if there was a flyover. We definitely felt it, and it scared the **** out of our cat, too.

Pear-Zin-Ski
06-05-2008, 05:04 PM
630-PLAY-BALL is 8 digits guys....