PDA

View Full Version : Willie Mays Aikens......Out of Jail

Hitmenof77
06-04-2008, 12:23 PM
Ok it was Willie Mays Aikens who played for the California Angels, KC Royals and Blue Jays was given an early release from jail. He was a damn good hitter who hit well over 300 during the 1980 playoffs and WS.

For the *******s on WSI, the Angels were called the California Angels when Aikens played for them.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3425498

skottyj242
06-04-2008, 12:31 PM
For the *******s on WSI, the Angels were called the California Angels when Aikens played for them.

That's a personal attack.

doublem23
06-04-2008, 12:52 PM

Next time, get the decaf. :rolleyes:

TommyJohn
06-04-2008, 12:57 PM
Ok it was Willie Mays Aikens who played for the California Angels, KC Royals and Blue Jays was given an early release from jail. He was a damn good hitter who hit well over 300 during the 1980 playoffs and WS.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3425498

Really? Why thanks for that info! I never would've known if you hadn't told me.

Cool thing that Aikens was named for Willie Mays, star centerfielder for the
New York Giants. And they were in New York when Mays played for them,
you got me, you WSI *******s???????

VeeckAsInWreck
06-04-2008, 01:03 PM
Really? Why thanks for that info! I had never known if you hadn't told me.

I never knew that Tourette's Syndrome carried over to typing? :scratch:

MeteorsSox4367
06-04-2008, 01:06 PM

Willie Mays played football for the Giants? Did he play with Frank Gifford? Wasn't Willie Mays also the guy in "Major League" or was that Willie Mays Hayes?

Hitmenof77
06-04-2008, 01:27 PM
Next time, get the decaf. :rolleyes:

Don't drink coffee.

Hitmenof77
06-04-2008, 01:28 PM

Hey no problems. I'm just educating one WSI ******* at a time.

doublem23
06-04-2008, 01:31 PM
Don't drink coffee.

Well then just lighten up, all right?

DumpJerry
06-04-2008, 01:32 PM
Hey no problems. I'm just educating one WSI ******* at a time.
Try this next time:
:tealtutor:

itsnotrequired
06-04-2008, 01:35 PM
cursing threads, ftw

****!

skottyj242
06-04-2008, 01:35 PM
MOD EDIT: COPYRIGHTED TEXT

06-04-2008, 01:36 PM
I bet he can hit better than Konerko can right now.

soxfan13
06-04-2008, 01:46 PM
Maybe the ****ing White ****ing Sox can hire the ****er as the new ****ing hitting coach after they **** can that ****er Walker, you ****ers!!!!!!!:redneck

TDog
06-04-2008, 02:34 PM

For the *******s on WSI, the Angels were called the California Angels when Aikens played for them. ,,,

They will always be the California Angels to me. SoCal Angels, in any case. Or maybe the name-your-Team-For-a-city-where-you-no-longer-play Angels. Like the Seattle Brewers of Milwaukee. But I digress.

The frequent invocation of the language filter in this thread is quite distressing.

TommyJohn
06-04-2008, 02:38 PM
They will always be the California Angels to me. SoCal Angels, in any case. Or maybe the name-your-Team-For-a-city-where-you-no-longer-play Angels. Like the Seattle Brewers of Milwaukee. But I digress.

What are you talking about? The Milwaukee Brewers used to be the Milwaukee Braves! Just ask Bud Selig.

TDog
06-04-2008, 02:41 PM
What are you talking about? The Milwaukee Brewers used to be the Milwaukee Braves! Just ask Bud Selig.

Are you referring to the Boston Braves of Atlanta via Milwaukee?

VeeckAsInWreck
06-04-2008, 03:06 PM

I've always enjoyed watching "The Philadelphia Athletics of Kansas City Who Once Were Rumored To Move To Chicago But Currently Play In Oakland"

http://www.crwflags.com/art/pins/sports/mlb/teamsal/asphil.jpg

TDog
06-04-2008, 06:27 PM
I've always enjoyed watching "The Philadelphia Athletics of Kansas City Who Once Were Rumored To Move To Chicago But Currently Play In Oakland"

:smile:

I've always been a Still In Chicago White Sox fan.

doublem23
06-04-2008, 06:57 PM
I've always been a Still In Chicago White Sox fan.

Wouldn't that be a Chicago White Sox Formerly Known as the St. Paul Saints of the Sioux City Cornhuskers? :cool:

TommyJohn
06-04-2008, 08:38 PM

Wouldn't that be a Chicago White Sox Formerly Known as the St. Paul Saints of the Sioux City Cornhuskers? :cool:

Now my head hurts.

DSpivack
06-04-2008, 08:59 PM

The frequent invocation of the language filter in this thread is quite distressing.

Here's another idea: name teams not with the nearest big city, but where they actually play. No Chicago team would change, but then we'd have the Jersey Giants and Jets, the NHL's Long Islanders, the Landover Redskins, and the soon-to-be Fremont A's.

Oldfellah
06-04-2008, 09:15 PM
Oh, this is the best ****ing thread in the ****ing world. This thread ****ing rocks!!!:bandance::bandance:

doublem23
06-04-2008, 09:59 PM
Here's another idea: name teams not with the nearest big city, but where they actually play. No Chicago team would change, but then we'd have the Jersey Giants and Jets, the NHL's Long Islanders, the Landover Redskins, and the soon-to-be Fremont A's.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/a/ac/Chicago_Wolves_Logo.svg/200px-Chicago_Wolves_Logo.svg.png http://www.logoserver.com/football/ChicagoRush.GIF

Some of them would. :cool:

I like the alliteration of Rosemont Rush. What would we do about teams named after states? Can we keep them, or are we looking at Phoenix Diamondbacks, Oakland Warriors, Arlington Rangers, and Foxboro Patriots?

fquaye149
06-04-2008, 10:05 PM
Really? Why thanks for that info! I never would've known if you hadn't told me.

Dude, he was just anticipating the wiseasses who would say "Who are the California Angels? I know a "Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim" but I don't know any California Angels. Are those Angels who died in the state of California or something?"

TDog
06-04-2008, 10:36 PM

I don't know if the Oakland A's will continue claiming Oakland when they move to Fremont, and the other teams don't play baseball, and thus, are not worthy of my attention.

skottyj242
06-05-2008, 01:13 PM
Dude, he was just anticipating the wiseasses who would say "Who are the California Angels? I know a "Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim" but I don't know any California Angels. Are those Angels who died in the state of California or something?"

Angels in the Outfield starred Tony Danza.

fquaye149
06-05-2008, 01:32 PM

adrien brody was in it too :shrug:

doublem23
06-05-2008, 01:39 PM

Weren't the White Sox the "bad guy" in that movie?

I hate the way mainstream media portrays us.

VeeckAsInWreck
06-05-2008, 01:43 PM

No love for Danny Glover????

Also you guys remember that the White Sox were the team they beat at the end? I seem to remember Carney Lansford playing our big power hitter.

http://www.teachwithmovies.org/guides/angels-in-the-outfield-DVDcover.jpg

VeeckAsInWreck
06-05-2008, 01:45 PM
Weren't the White Sox the "bad guy" in that movie?

I hate the way mainstream media portrays us.

Yes the Sox were the "bad guys". It helps that the silver and black uniforms look intimidating.

fquaye149
06-05-2008, 01:50 PM
Yes the Sox were the "bad guys". It helps that the silver and black uniforms look intimidating.

Also that Jack Parkman was a ballplayer everyone loved to hate. We never should have traded for him

Stoky44
06-05-2008, 01:58 PM

Starting CF, while actually wearing a shirt Ben Williams, played by Matthew McConaughey.

fquaye149
06-05-2008, 01:59 PM
Starting CF, while actually wearing a shirt Ben Williams, played by Matthew McConaughey.

what a constellated sky of hollywood stars

danny glover too right?

Lorenzo Barcelo
06-05-2008, 02:00 PM

OWW...Hits Birch in the back. That will load the bases.

Stoky44
06-05-2008, 02:07 PM

I think we were the bad guys in Major League II.

VeeckAsInWreck
06-05-2008, 03:10 PM
I think we were the bad guys in Major League II.

Also that Jack Parkman was a ballplayer everyone loved to hate. We never should have traded for him

Yeah, we were the bad guys in Major League II. I always loved Harry Doyle's quote on the White Sox: "What can you say about the White Sox.....well at least they're not from Canada!"

In the first Major League movie the Indians beat the White Sox at "Comiskey Park" (It was Milwaukee's County Stadium with green tarps covering the walls) to clinch a tie with the Yankees for first place on the last day of the season to force a one game playoff.

doublem23
06-05-2008, 03:25 PM

That's true, no one's intimidated by a punch of pansies in pajamas.

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20080529/capt.58bb58960d26406aa181071c5a465613.dodgers_cubs _baseball_cxc107.jpg?x=268&y=345&sig=zRJJecgsmn47a8BWsSI0Vw--

VeeckAsInWreck
06-05-2008, 03:27 PM
That's true, no one's intimidated by a punch of pansies in pajamas.

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20080529/capt.58bb58960d26406aa181071c5a465613.dodgers_cubs _baseball_cxc107.jpg?x=268&y=345&sig=zRJJecgsmn47a8BWsSI0Vw--

No kidding! This jersey more like a pajama though.

http://team.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pMLB2-2807153dt.jpg

Iwritecode
06-05-2008, 03:35 PM

I think the first few replies in this thread prove his point nicely.

TommyJohn
06-05-2008, 07:47 PM

Fine, but it came across as just genuinely hostile.

fquaye149
06-05-2008, 08:12 PM
Fine, but it came across as just genuinely hostile.

that's because it was.

But condescending it was not :shrug: