PDA

View Full Version : Bench clearing brawl Rockies - Dodgers game

manders_01
06-03-2008, 11:56 PM
I have to laugh cause the announcers were talking after this about how a brawl like this can be good release all the tension, fire up the team, etc. and I was reminded of an earlier post today that the Sox should do it! :D:

Kemp struck out swinging, dropped strike and Torrealba went after the ball but Kemp was between it. When Yorvi tagged him out, Kemp got ticked and shoved him. Shoving ensued then Yorvit took him to the ground. Bench comes up and the pen follows shortly behind.

Iannetta comes to bat in the top of the 9th for Yorvi and jacks one! :tongue:

whitesox901
06-04-2008, 07:44 AM
Saw it on sportscenter, theres always 1 or 2 good brawls a year, its almost like the old saying "I went to a boxing match and a hockey game broke out".

palehozenychicty
06-04-2008, 09:03 AM
Good for the Rox. I know that people have kicked dirt on them, but I think once they get everyone back and healthy, they will make a run. There's too much talent for them not to do so. They're still only what, 6 to 7 games back, and that division is hotly contested. There's time.

Konerkoholic
06-04-2008, 09:41 AM
How to look like a jackass:

1) Strike out on pitch in dirt
2) Don't hustle to first
3) Shove the opposing catcher for hustling over to make the tag
4) Get taken down to ground in subsequent fight

Kemp = turd.

manders_01
06-04-2008, 09:46 AM
Good for the Rox. I know that people have kicked dirt on them, but I think once they get everyone back and healthy, they will make a run. There's too much talent for them not to do so. They're still only what, 6 to 7 games back, and that division is hotly contested. There's time.

11 out of first. Tulo did a full workout yesterday, Speier was activated yesterday and Vizcaino and Hirsh are rehabbing with the Sky Sox. So that's some good news.

RockyMtnSoxFan
06-04-2008, 02:32 PM
I saw Kemp's postgame comments, and he basically owned up to it. He said that he had been frustrated, and he thought the Torrealba had pushed him while going for the ball, so he pushed back. He said that was no excuse, though, and the whole thing was a stupid mistake. He said that he would face whatever came next, meaning a possible suspension.

I thought he was a piece of crap when I saw the play, but when I heard his comments I can understand where he's coming from. His team has been scuffling lately, he was 0 fer on the night, and he'd just struck out swinging at a pitch that bounced in front of the plate. So you know that he was pretty frustrated, and things just boiled over. At least he admitted it and took responsibility.

On a similar note, there is a really funning article about the 10 cent beer night forfeit in Cleveland from 1974: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=beernight/080604

btrain929
06-04-2008, 02:41 PM
How to look like a jackass:

1) Strike out on pitch in dirt
2) Don't hustle to first
3) Shove the opposing catcher for hustling over to make the tag
4) Get taken down to ground in subsequent fight

Kemp = turd.

He's clearly a clubhouse cancer. If they want to do a Swisher for Kemp trade so Swisher can bring their clubhouse together, I guess I'd be ok with it...

palehozenychicty
06-04-2008, 02:53 PM
11 out of first. Tulo did a full workout yesterday, Speier was activated yesterday and Vizcaino and Hirsh are rehabbing with the Sky Sox. So that's some good news.

Oops. I guess that I was a week off! :redface:

They hadn't won in a week either.

manders_01
06-04-2008, 03:35 PM
Oops. I guess that I was a week off! :redface:

They hadn't won in a week either.

Nope, that win was desperately needed. :D:

Stoky44
06-04-2008, 06:32 PM
Pods go to tackle anyone?

Frontman
06-05-2008, 08:02 AM
Pods go to tackle anyone?

Pods must be the instigator then. AJ was innocent I tell you!

Maybe that's what Dotel was trying to accomplish. He was listening to all the talk about tension and focus; figured beaning not one but two players could get the team's to fight and fire up.

Granted, some of the team were already in the clubhouse brushing their teeth for bed when he hit the second guy, but I digress.......

RockyMtnSoxFan
06-05-2008, 02:48 PM
Suspensions have been handed out: 4 games for Kemp and 3 for Torrealba. Seems a little bit stiff to me. It sounds like Kemp won't appeal, I don't know about Torrealba.

BRDSR
06-06-2008, 11:14 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=beernight/080604[/URL]

This is a surprisingly good read for something whose url starts with sports.espn. I think its value can be explained by the writer, Paul Jackson, who is "Chicago-based." It's fairly long, but if you have 20-25 minutes to kill, take a look at it.