PDA

View Full Version : Sox and Cubs peanuts

Railsplitter
06-03-2008, 08:50 PM
You have no doubt seen the peanuts in bags with Sox and Cubs colors and logos on them. Today, I was at the Bartlett Fresh Market (a small grocery store in said community) and saw them displayed with hand-written signs. The one on the Cubs' display read "for Wantabee Champions" while the one on the Sox' display read "For Champions Only"

I laughed out loud on reading them.

doublem23
06-03-2008, 08:57 PM
<paranoid rant>I bet the Tribune Co., ESPN, and other national media force the roasters to make the Cubs peanuts taste better.</rant>

cws05champ
06-03-2008, 09:04 PM
You have no doubt seen the peanuts in bags with Sox and Cubs colors and logos on them. Today, I was at the Bartlett Fresh Market (a small grocery store in said community) and saw them displayed with hand-written signs. The one on the Cubs' display read "for Wantabee Champions" while the one on the Sox' display read "For Champions Only"

I laughed out loud on reading them.
But I'm sure they had more Cubs peanuts than Sox peanuts so they can claim their peanut attendance championship.

Vernam
06-03-2008, 09:30 PM
<paranoid rant>I bet the Tribune Co., ESPN, and other national media force the roasters to make the Cubs peanuts taste better.</rant>Peanuts envy? :wink:

Costco's in-the-shell goobers are the best. :yup:

Vernam

whitesox901
06-03-2008, 09:41 PM
Thats sweet, All I get are Reds, Indians and Tigers penuts..no doubt they're stale :redface:

TommyJohn
06-03-2008, 09:49 PM
But I'm sure they had more Cubs peanuts than Sox peanuts so they can claim their peanut attendance championship.

Actually, there are more Cub peanuts than Sox peanuts because there are
more Cub fans than Sox fans; and in this food-driven society of ours,
it only makes sense to cater to the larger group of peanut consumers.

scarsofthumper
06-03-2008, 10:33 PM
Where is said market? I'm out in Hanover and I need a pic of this.

Chicken Dinner
06-03-2008, 11:37 PM
How long before Southwest Airlines jumps on?

EuroSox35
06-04-2008, 12:13 AM
I bought about 200 bags to show my support. Very salty

Railsplitter
06-04-2008, 07:16 AM
Where is said market? I'm out in Hanover and I need a pic of this.

It's about half a mile south of the Metra station in Bartlett. Where Main Street and Devon Avenue meet. If you're familiar with Pasta Mia, its directly across the parking lot from Pasta Mia.

Forgot to mention it when I started the thread: I bought two bags of the Sox peanuts. :D:

soxpride724
06-04-2008, 10:24 AM
If anyone here lives near Naperville/Plainfield, they sell Sox and Cubs peanuts at Caputo's 111th and 59. They actually had more Sox bags there last I checked.

Woofer
06-04-2008, 02:05 PM
They always have them at the Dominicks in Joliet. I buy a bag even if I don't want to eat them right away.

Tom~Attitude
06-04-2008, 07:10 PM
Check the expiration date on the Cubs peanuts. I'd bet that they'll go bad by the end of September.

Railsplitter
06-04-2008, 07:58 PM
Check the expiration date on the Cubs peanuts. I'd bet that they'll go bad by the end of September.
:lol:
Cubs = Completely Useless By September.

whitesox901
06-04-2008, 11:04 PM

Haha, I told my Cubs fan dad that....I bet hes gonna spend all night online tonight looking for white sox jokes :rolleyes:

Railsplitter
06-07-2008, 08:06 PM
Just thought I'd pass on the fact the Bartlett Fresh Market still has the Sox and Cubs peanuts, with the signs declaring the Sox peanuts "for Champions Only" and the Cubs "For Wanntabee Champions", only they are next to each other on the same display. I saw the store manager and told him I thought the signs were hilarious.

bryPt
06-07-2008, 08:16 PM
excellent.

On the other end of the sprectrum, Cubs garden gnomes are selling like hotcakes at Soukup's hardware store in Glen Ellyn, where one employee told me once that they would never sell Sox stuff there because there is only one baseball team in Chicago (this the first week of the 2006 season when I asked him if he sells L flags along with his W flags).

Scottzilla
06-09-2008, 03:14 PM
someone please take a picture of this!