PDA

View Full Version : The Smear Campaign Continues on the Score


Viva Magglio
05-04-2002, 03:02 PM
Yet again this morning, our franchise was the victim of another smear campaign fomented by the Score SportsRadio 670. Dave Baum and Steven Rosenbloom reported that the Chicago City Council is considering a supposed request by the Sox marketing department to erect beer tents within 500 feet of the ballpark.

They used this story to launch yet another Comiskey bitch fest. I could not stand to hear much of it, but what I did hear was the usual bit of one dumbass caller after another whining about this and that. I heard one caller complain that before the gates opened, the teenage guest service representatives were "playing tag" and not checking baggage. Huh? I have attented games numbering into the hundreds and almost always enter Gate 3. I have never seen any games of "tag" take place. This is typical of the bitch fest over the Score airwaves.

And while the Score host presiding over this sometimes does fall for a dumbass caller's whine hook, line, and sinker, they still provide emissions of negativity about our franchise. It's incredible the kind of stuff these moronoic callers who claim to be Sox fans come up with.

The Score hosts who seem to promote this the most are Mike North, Tommy Williams, Dave Baum, and Steve Rosenbooom. Dan Jiggetts and Doug Buffone usually don't stand for it nor do Terry Boers and Dan Bernstein. And if anyone tries to pull this crap on J. Hood or Fred Huebner, they have another thing coming.

I am sick of this epitome of stupidty that Comiskey Park is nothing short of Joliet Stateville Prison. I don't agree with every policy put forth by the White Sox, but my experiences at Comiskey Park are very enjoyable. There are times poor play on the field angers me, but I seldom have issues with how the ballpark is run regardless of what is going on between the foul lines.

The Fourth Estate continues to claim that it's not biased or that it's a "conduit" of the fans' so-called opinions. Crap! Crap! Crap! Crap! Crap! There is no entity that I can think of that possesses a higher degree of outright stupidity. Well, the Suburban O'Hare Commission may be one (with my apologies to those who share their point of view), but that's a Parking Lot post for another time.

cheeses_h_rice
05-04-2002, 03:21 PM
The beer tent idea is certainly an interesting development. I wonder if it would be a test balloon of sorts to perhaps decide on building permanent restaurants/bars outside the park, which many of us here have suggested they do to keep people in the area before and after the games.

As for the Score, I just take it with a grain of salt. They definitely have their Blue Rock huffers, and even some of those give the Sox a lot of respect (at least lately). They know the Flubs suck and the Sox are pretty good this year.

BackInBlack
05-04-2002, 05:07 PM
We could almost start our own smear campaign. Reference:

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10195

Then when everybody gets pissed, we call in the radio stations posing a Flubs fans and say, "What, we're all equals and I think it's a great idea for the Cubs to further identify with heir surrounding neighborhood and fans. I don't understand why people are offended by this, I think it's great!"

GASHWOUND
05-04-2002, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
Yet again this morning, our franchise was the victim of another smear campaign fomented by the Score SportsRadio 670. Dave Baum and Steven Rosenbloom reported that the Chicago City Council is considering a supposed request by the Sox marketing department to erect beer tents within 500 feet of the ballpark.

They used this story to launch yet another Comiskey bitch fest. I could not stand to hear much of it, but what I did hear was the usual bit of one dumbass caller after another whining about this and that. I heard one caller complain that before the gates opened, the teenage guest service representatives were "playing tag" and not checking baggage. Huh? I have attented games numbering into the hundreds and almost always enter Gate 3. I have never seen any games of "tag" take place. This is typical of the bitch fest over the Score airwaves.

And while the Score host presiding over this sometimes does fall for a dumbass caller's whine hook, line, and sinker, they still provide emissions of negativity about our franchise. It's incredible the kind of stuff these moronoic callers who claim to be Sox fans come up with.

The Score hosts who seem to promote this the most are Mike North, Tommy Williams, Dave Baum, and Steve Rosenbooom. Dan Jiggetts and Doug Buffone usually don't stand for it nor do Terry Boers and Dan Bernstein. And if anyone tries to pull this crap on J. Hood or Fred Huebner, they have another thing coming.

I am sick of this epitome of stupidty that Comiskey Park is nothing short of Joliet Stateville Prison. I don't agree with every policy put forth by the White Sox, but my experiences at Comiskey Park are very enjoyable. There are times poor play on the field angers me, but I seldom have issues with how the ballpark is run regardless of what is going on between the foul lines.

The Fourth Estate continues to claim that it's not biased or that it's a "conduit" of the fans' so-called opinions. Crap! Crap! Crap! Crap! Crap! There is no entity that I can think of that possesses a higher degree of outright stupidity. Well, the Suburban O'Hare Commission may be one (with my apologies to those who share their point of view), but that's a Parking Lot post for another time.

I didn't hear this mornings show, but sometimes listen to them...for some reason I can never tell them apart from each other :?:
All I know is one of them is a cubs fans, while the other sometimes supports the Sox(don't ask me which)
but I hear callers whine everyday on the Score about the Sox, if its not about trading Frank, its about how they were "mistreated: at the ballpark by the staff. The other week I heard a caller say he won't go to another Sox game cause the "staff" wouldn't let him sit closer seats to the field cause they were empty. Others cause someone yelled at him in the parking lot, and yet another cause one guy couldn't get to the lower level cause he purchased an upper deck ticket. Its endless the bitchig, and whining that ges on.
Ihate to say it, but I hardly ever hear half the suff thats complained about Comiskey, than wrigley when their problems are worde. You have no parking at Wrigley, people urinating on the streets, and the same policies being the same at both fields about the stuff I mentioned before.
Please, shut the F up!

WinningUgly!
05-04-2002, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by BackInBlack
We could almost start our own smear campaign. Reference:

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10195

Then when everybody gets pissed, we call in the radio stations posing a Flubs fans and say, "What, we're all equals and I think it's a great idea for the Cubs to further identify with heir surrounding neighborhood and fans. I don't understand why people are offended by this, I think it's great!"

C'mon, ya made the post in the Parking Lot already. No need to spam the Clubhouse with a link to your own post... :angry:

duke of dorwood
05-04-2002, 09:18 PM
I just NEVER have that station on, unless I hit a wrong button on my car radio. Same tired people, same tired repetitive callers and opinions for years. I got off long ago. Get your info here.

Nellie_Fox
05-05-2002, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
I just NEVER have that station on, unless I hit a wrong button on my car radio. Same tired people, same tired repetitive callers and opinions for years. I got off long ago. Get your info here.
Sometimes it's my only link to Chicago sports. You wouldn't even know that the Twins are in a race with the Sox to listen to radio and TV around here. They often show highlights of pretty much every major league game but the Sox.

There are times I can get the Score, times I can't. The other day for some reason I was getting it mid-day, and it was North. I shut him off. Tuned in KFAN in the Twin Cities instead. Man, how I hate North.

RedPinStripes
05-05-2002, 02:10 AM
I know there are many that hate terry bores, but him and bernzy are teh only guys i like to listen to. They're pretty funny and definatly sox fans.

34 Inch Stick
05-06-2002, 03:44 PM
Those Saturday morning hours are throw away for the station. If the SCORE valued that time slot dave baum would never get on the air. They are just filling time and trying to get some people interested by causing controversey. They always get an irate caller after they talk about attendance.