PDA

View Full Version : The weather hasn't helped.

It's Time
06-03-2008, 01:55 PM
I'm not at all trying to make excuses here for the lack of hitting, but the weather has been nothing short of pathetic for the most part this season.

It seems like when the White Sox get back to town, they are pounded by either rain, or 40 degree temps.

Again, this is not an excuse, but a fact. I expect the bats to be better when the weather gets better, which has yet to happen when the White Sox are in town.

Tekijawa
06-03-2008, 01:57 PM
The good news is that the weather is usually AWESOME in October.

VeeckAsInWreck
06-03-2008, 02:00 PM
I blame it on Tom Skilling. He set this up and he works for WGN. Are you seeing the connection?

It's Time
06-03-2008, 02:03 PM
I blame it on Tom Skilling. He set this up and he works for WGN. Are you seeing the connection?

http://icons.wunderground.com/graphics/skillinglogo.jpg
"The atmospheric conditions are ripe for yet another White Sox rain delay".

The Milkman
06-03-2008, 02:03 PM

A gem...

soxfanatlanta
06-03-2008, 02:13 PM
The weather sucks, true.

But both teams play in it.

VeeckAsInWreck
06-03-2008, 02:15 PM
A gem...

Thanks! I was inspired by the many conspiracy theories out there about the Sox that get posted here.

All in all, this rain business is just one big coincidence. The last homestand had no rain if I'm not mistaken. :scratch:

gamblinkenny
06-03-2008, 02:16 PM
the weather was clearly the reason the offense sucked in tampa.

Gammons Peter
06-03-2008, 02:17 PM
Is the game going to be rained out tonight??

kittle42
06-03-2008, 02:18 PM
The weather sucks, true.

Thank you. I hate this weather argument. It always reminds me of old Dusty a few years ago.

SoxGirl4Life
06-03-2008, 02:20 PM

The radar looks bad. Just orange and red coming our way.

Jerko
06-03-2008, 02:21 PM
the weather was clearly the reason the offense sucked in tampa.

and Toronto......and Minnesota.

VeeckAsInWreck
06-03-2008, 02:22 PM
The radar looks bad. Just orange and red coming our way.

http://image.guim.co.uk/Guardian/arts/gallery/2007/jul/22/comedy.films/anchorman_kobal-8189.jpg
"I'm no weatherman but the radar looks like someone spilled ketchup and orange soda on it! Stay classy South Siders!"

It's Time
:hawk
"I have never seen weather this bad for this long".

Gammons Peter
Thank you. I hate this weather argument. It always reminds me of old Dusty a few years ago.

oh yes, the players who's ancestors evolved from reptiles have an advantage when it is cool and wet but the players that evolved from birds like it when its windy

MCHSoxFan
06-03-2008, 02:57 PM

Just got back from the Cell. They said the game on for tonight.

Gammons Peter
06-03-2008, 03:01 PM
Just got back from the Cell. They said the game on for tonight.

who's that, the beer vendors? parking lot guys? front office types?

MCHSoxFan
06-03-2008, 03:01 PM

People who are literally at the front of the office.

MCHSoxFan
06-03-2008, 03:05 PM

Just wondering, why does it matter if it is my friends who are batboys or Ken Williams?

Gammons Peter
06-03-2008, 03:10 PM
Just wondering, why does it matter if it is my friends who are batboys or Ken Williams?

I could not care less who your friends are. I was just asking where the info came from.

VeeckAsInWreck
06-03-2008, 03:13 PM
Anyone have Roger Bossard's cell phone number? :D:

Sad
06-03-2008, 03:15 PM

you need to list a source or link for everything posted here man... :rolleyes:

Foulke You
06-03-2008, 03:16 PM
http://icons.wunderground.com/graphics/skillinglogo.jpg
"The atmospheric conditions are ripe for yet another White Sox rain delay".
http://www.cleartrade.com/images/170901.jpg
"Checking on the outlook for tonight you can see the pattern of iso-bars that are packed very tightly around US Cellular Field which is causing a massive rain event due to jet stream activity way up here in Northern Canada. Looking now at our 'Weatherbug Cam' stationed at 35th and Shields, you can see that there are no feathery cirrus or puffy cumulus clouds present and rain is falling steadily. The mold count however, is very high so anyone traveling to the ballpark today should not only bring their umbrellas, but their nasal sprays as well."

MCHSoxFan
06-03-2008, 03:17 PM
you need to list a source or link for everything posted here man... :rolleyes:

Tell me about it. It is NEVER true until I call up Ozzie.

MCHSoxFan
06-03-2008, 03:20 PM
I could not care less who your friends are. I was just asking where the info came from.

I understand.

Gammons Peter
06-03-2008, 03:23 PM
I understand.

good.

now go ask "them" what the lineup is tonight :redneck

KnightSox
06-03-2008, 03:25 PM
http://www.cleartrade.com/images/170901.jpg
"Checking on the outlook for tonight you can see the pattern of iso-bars that are packed very tightly around US Cellular Field which is causing a massive rain event due to jet stream activity way up here in Northern Canada. Looking now at our 'Weatherbug Cam' stationed at 35th and Shields, you can see that there are no feathery cirrus or puffy cumulus clouds present and rain is falling steadily. The mold count however, is very high so anyone traveling to the ballpark today should not only bring their umbrellas, but their nasal sprays as well."Tom forget to mention the multiple crimes being caught on tape on 35th as we speak!

VeeckAsInWreck
06-03-2008, 03:27 PM
Tom forget to mention the multiple crimes being caught on tape on 35th as we speak!

http://infospigot.typepad.com/infospigot_the_chronicles/tomskilling.jpg
"As we go to our weather bug camera on 35th and Shields you'll see that most folks there have brought out umbrellas. Not because it's raining but because they make good self defense weapons. That is a scary area that I dare not venture to."

MCHSoxFan
06-03-2008, 03:27 PM
good.

now go ask "them" what the lineup is tonight :redneck

LO! Nice. Sure, I can call my guy up.

It's Time
06-03-2008, 03:36 PM
http://infospigot.typepad.com/infospigot_the_chronicles/tomskilling.jpg
"As we go to our weather bug camera on 35th and Shields you'll see that most folks there have brought out umbrellas. Not because it's raining but because they make good self defense weapons. That is a scary area that I dare not venture to."

:roflmao:

Frontman
06-03-2008, 03:46 PM
The weather sucks, true.

True,

But did the weather effect their bats inside a dome down in Tampa?

The Sox just aren't getting it done, period. I hate the weather card as much as I hate the "they just haven't hit their stride yet" comment.

Law11
06-03-2008, 04:12 PM
It'll be a nice night for a game tonight. The sun is out here in the NW burbs now and the temp is climbing fast along with the humidity.

russ99
06-03-2008, 04:17 PM
It'll be a nice night for a game tonight. The sun is out here in the NW burbs now and the temp is climbing fast along with the humidity.

Hopefully we don't get hit by a new bout of t-storms tonight.

BTW - I'm a bit worried that with the hot weather coming in, won't other teams start hitting better as well? We could see our bats warm up and our pitching get a bit worse also.

Scottiehaswheels
06-03-2008, 04:21 PM
If by weather you mean Greg Walker, I agree.

hi im skot
06-03-2008, 04:33 PM
Boo-hoo.

35th and Shields
06-03-2008, 04:49 PM
I'm not at all trying to make excuses here for the lack of hitting, but the weather has been nothing short of pathetic for the most part this season.

It seems like when the White Sox get back to town, they are pounded by either rain, or 40 degree temps.

Again, this is not an excuse, but a fact. I expect the bats to be better when the weather gets better, which has yet to happen when the White Sox are in town.

im not buying it. cubs play in the same weather +/- a few games of good weather and have the best offense in baseball

Beer Can Chicken
06-03-2008, 05:49 PM
im not buying it. cubs play in the same weather +/- a few games of good weather and have the best offense in baseball

The Cubs are 26-8 at home. :o:

jdm2662
06-03-2008, 05:52 PM
You know, this thread is reminding me a lot of Hawk's bs spin and excuses about something. The only reason why the Sox offense isn't very good is because the players aren't performing. The end. The Cubs are 26-8 at home, and been killing the ball. Weather has nothing to do with it.

Jerome
06-03-2008, 06:08 PM
This season the weather has been brutal, and it seems like the weather always changes multiple times each game from bad when the sox are hitting to good when the opponents come up to bat. I have full confidence that when the temperature warms up, so will the Sox bats. We have nothing to worry about. Also, I seem to recall the weather being very good in 2005.

Last series in Tampa, for example, the sun never showed once for any of the four games, probably the reason for the offensive struggles. Thome's struggles can probably also be attributed to the fact that before he came to the frozen tundra of Chicago, he played in the warm weather cities of Cleveland and Philly. For proof look no further than the Cubs, who have played most of their games at home in Chicago. They as a team are struggling mightily right now at the plate and have been all season.

KingXerxes
06-03-2008, 06:42 PM
You know, this thread is reminding me a lot of Hawk's bs spin and excuses about something. The only reason why the Sox offense isn't very good is because the players aren't performing. The end. The Cubs are 26-8 at home, and been killing the ball. Weather has nothing to do with it.

:hawk

"You know DJ.........I have been accused of bs spinning and making excuses......Mercy..........In my fifty years plus of being around this game, I have come to accept that fans are not going to understand my expert explanations for everything that goes wrong around here whether it be due to bad umpiring, lousy weather, sign stealing opposition, lunar phases, the change to Daylight Savings Time, LIBOR rate fluctuatoins, adding ethanol to gasoline in the summer, margarine served at certain IHOPs, windstorms on Neptune or Bob Gibson puttiing some one down on their fanny."

Hitmen77
06-03-2008, 07:27 PM
If by weather you mean Greg Walker, I agree.

:kneeslap: