PDA

View Full Version : On Kansas City Sports Radio this morning

aprild
06-03-2008, 10:03 AM
I am a third generation rabid Sox fan and usually do not post - just read. I am living in KC right now and this board helps keep me sane. This morning on 610 sports, they played a Rhonda Moss interview with Zack Grienke who pitches tonight. Rhonda asked Zack to do her a favor and hit AJ. His answer was "maybe". I wanted to give people a heads up. Thanks for being there and keeping this exiled Sox fan in the loop.

MushMouth
06-03-2008, 10:04 AM
even in jest, that's a pretty crappy thing for Grienke to say.

Hope we take it to them tonight

FedEx227
06-03-2008, 10:04 AM
Haha, what the hell did AJ ever do to the Royals that would prompt a bean-ball?

Jerko
06-03-2008, 10:06 AM
His arch-enemy Tomko is on the Royals.

Cuck the Fubs
06-03-2008, 10:07 AM
Haha, what the hell did AJ ever do to the Royals that would prompt a bean-ball?

He lives and breathes :redneck

oeo
06-03-2008, 10:16 AM

I forgot about that. Is he starting, or in their bullpen?

BTW, I'd take a brawl to help get this team going.

Jerko
06-03-2008, 10:18 AM

looks like he's been in 12 games and started 10, but I don't know his current role.

doublem23
06-03-2008, 10:18 AM

I think you need to hear it in context. What if Greinke was chuckling as he said it?

Whatever, if the last place Royals are more concerend with beaning AJ and giving us a free baserunner, more power to them. :rolleyes:

aprild
06-03-2008, 10:19 AM
He's starting tonight and I couldn't believe it when I heard it. It was on the Morning Sports Drive with Roger Twybell.

Cuck the Fubs
06-03-2008, 10:20 AM
Whatever, if the last place Royals are more concerend with beaning AJ and giving us a free baserunner, more power to them. :rolleyes:

But can we knock him in for a run? :wink:

palehozenychicty
06-03-2008, 10:20 AM

That's right.....

Tomko is pretty terrible too.

Man, we gotta start a winning streak TODAY!

SoxGirl4Life
06-03-2008, 10:23 AM

I don't think you needed teal for this one.

oeo
06-03-2008, 10:25 AM
looks like he's been in 12 games and started 10, but I don't know his current role.

He actually came out of the bullpen in his first appearance of the year, and his most recent one. :scratch:

Both of them blown saves. :tongue:

twentywontowin
06-03-2008, 10:26 AM
Maybe Floyd will drill Grienke in the face.

VeeckAsInWreck
06-03-2008, 10:28 AM

BTW, I'd take a brawl to help get this team going.

Tomko currently works out of the bullpen. Anyone know what the story is between this AJ-Tomko animosity? I know it goes back to when they were teammates in San Francisco but is there any specific reason why?

Viva Medias B's
06-03-2008, 10:29 AM
Of course, Greinke will plunk AJ and:

Gavin Floyd will plunk a Royal in retaliation.
And that will be followed by:
Warnings by the umpire,
Floyd being ejected and suspended, or
A bench-clearing brawl leading to more ejections and suspensions.
The White Sox will be ripped on the subsequent BBTN for instigating violence.
The local media will cast aspersions and compare us to the Bad Boy Detroit Pistons or the Green Bay Packers under Forrest Gregg.
Jay Mariotti will write another column calling for Ozzie Guillen to be fired.

Cuck the Fubs
I don't think you needed teal for this one.

I'm hoping our offense comes to life and backs the statement being teal. :praying:

JGarlandrules20
Tomko currently works out of the bullpen. Anyone know what the story is between this AJ-Tomko animosity? I know it goes back to when they were teammates in San Francisco but is there any specific reason why?

Tomko told the media AJ was a "clubhouse cancer."

Cuck the Fubs
06-03-2008, 10:30 AM

Warnings by the umpire,
The local media will cast aspersions and compare us to the Bad Boy Detroit Pistons or the Green Bay Packers under Forrest Gregg.

That's pretty much exactly how it would playout too :cool:

oeo
06-03-2008, 10:30 AM
Warnings by the umpire,

I'll take it if it gets the offense going.

SoxGirl4Life
06-03-2008, 10:35 AM
I'm hoping our offense comes to life and backs the statement being teal. :praying:

I'm hoping so too.

twentywontowin
06-03-2008, 10:36 AM

Warnings by the umpire,

If we weren't anywhere near first place and I'm AJ, I'd wait for a ball to come even remotely inside and just charge the mound.

Like hockey, no other way to get a team fired up like a good brawl.

VeeckAsInWreck
06-03-2008, 10:45 AM
Tomko told the media AJ was a "clubhouse cancer."

I'm no psychologist but AJ has had no complaints from his teammates while Tomko has been on THREE different teams in the last two years. Could it be that Tomko was simply projecting feelings about himself to AJ?

btrain929
06-03-2008, 10:45 AM
Maybe Floyd will drill Grienke in the face.

Is he telling the DH to take the night off because he's hitting for himself tonight?

chisoxfanatic
06-03-2008, 10:47 AM
Whatever, if the last place Royals are more concerend with beaning AJ and giving us a free baserunner, more power to them.
They'll have to pay for that, as who comes up right after AJ in the hitting order? :D:
TCQ certainly won't let us down here. He always seems to get us that needed hit when he's batting.

thedudeabides
06-03-2008, 10:49 AM
I'm just happy AJ has a reason to get fired up. He has the type of energy the offense can rally around. I would kill to see Tomko come out of the bullpen to face AJ. Hopefully he throws at him and AJ pummels him. Tomko can go **** himself.

JGarlandrules20
06-03-2008, 10:56 AM
He had to be joking. If he did actually hit AJ tonight, I'm sure he'd get a nice fine or something.

Greinke's one of my favorites to watch pitch. I've seen a few of his interviews and quotes... and he's kind of awkward. And very blunt. I'm sure he was just trying to appease the caller.

Iwritecode
06-03-2008, 10:57 AM

Warnings by the umpire,

Even if nothing else on that list happens, I'm guess the last one will happen no matter what.

BRDSR
06-03-2008, 10:59 AM
Is he telling the DH to take the night off because he's hitting for himself tonight?

No. Gavin Floyd is such an incredible young pitcher that he can pick off Greinke in the dugout. "Oops. It slipped."

twentywontowin
06-03-2008, 11:01 AM

I haven't had my coffee this morning. :D:

VeeckAsInWreck
06-03-2008, 11:04 AM
Here's the interview. (http://entercomkc.com/kcsp/podcasts/RM/Zach%20Greinke%20for%20Tuesday.mp3) Greinke mentioned that he had hit AJ before but Rhonda seems to take joy in that and wants him to hit AJ again.

MushMouth
06-03-2008, 11:06 AM
Grienke sounds like a total dumb jock

sox1970
06-03-2008, 11:09 AM
Grienke sounds like a total dumb jock

Gavin Floyd any better?

kittle42
06-03-2008, 11:10 AM
People are taking this way too seriously.

sox1970
06-03-2008, 11:11 AM

Agreed. This isn't an issue.

VeeckAsInWreck
06-03-2008, 11:13 AM
For those that can't hear the sound. Here's a transcript.

Rhonda: I know this is not right of me but could I ask you a favor, when AJ Pierzynski is up to bat could you just hit him for me?

Greinke: I did that a couple of years ago.

Rhonda: Oh I thank you for that! Could you do it again?

Greinke: Maybe, I got a real nice slider on his toe and it.....he had to drain to like drain blood a couple of days in a row.

Rhonda: Nice!

Greinke: So that was one of my better hit batters

Rhonda: Nice! I like it.

Pear-Zin-Ski
06-03-2008, 11:22 AM
Gavin Floyd any better?

Ill put faith that he wouldn't say stupid **** like the post above me if he was given the chance to talk....

I think that qualifies as something....

whitesox901
06-03-2008, 11:42 AM

Agreed, but Isn't her asking him to do that, isnt that a little unprofessional, if its all in the name of a joke im sure even AJ would get a joke out of it, but thats just low class.

VeeckAsInWreck
06-03-2008, 11:47 AM

True but maybe it can be used to fire up the team.

thomas35forever
06-03-2008, 12:11 PM
It would be sweet to have AJ hit a liner back in Greinke's face.:D:

chaotic8512
06-03-2008, 12:24 PM

I think that "he had to drain blood for a couple of days... that was one of my better hit batters" would qualify as, at least, a little serious.

We can't afford to lose Pierzynski for any period of time, anyway. After all, if you take Pierzynski out of the lineup, then what do we hit as a team? .150? :redneck

spawn
06-03-2008, 12:28 PM
Word.

voodoochile
06-03-2008, 12:30 PM
Warnings by the umpire,

You are officially insane...

Paranoia will destroy ya

Gammons Peter
06-03-2008, 12:36 PM
Grienke has a 2.88 ERA. Hit by pitch might be our only way to reach base

kittle42
06-03-2008, 12:45 PM
Grienke has a 2.88 ERA. Hit by pitch might be our only way to reach base

Zing!

kittle42
06-03-2008, 12:45 PM
I think that "he had to drain blood for a couple of days... that was one of my better hit batters" would qualify as, at least, a little serious.

Nah.

turners56
06-03-2008, 12:50 PM
We should tell A.J. that hatred for him has once again grown, so that maybe he will hit 3 homers tonight (if we play that is, it's raining real hard).

voodoochile
06-03-2008, 12:50 PM
Nah.

No, Kittle, obviously he was being serious. I mean you see that all the time, right? Catcher calls for a bean ball and the pitcher rears back and fires a slider at the batter's toe...:rolleyes:

This thread is comedy gold...

Mohoney
06-03-2008, 12:53 PM
:farmer:

"Go crazy!"

itsnotrequired
06-03-2008, 01:00 PM
Meineke mufflers are inferior in both longetivity and overall construction.

hawkjt
06-03-2008, 01:01 PM
AJ almost took Sonnestine's head off with a liner up the middle the other day...hope he tries to do the same to Greinke...good for his stroke anyway.

Time to get pissed and break out Sox.

hi im skot
06-03-2008, 01:08 PM
Zack Grienke is a big meanhead.

People need to get a grip...Grienke was having fun. If AJ said something similar about Tomko, we'd be laughing and talking about how much we love AJ.

Sheesh.

VeeckAsInWreck
06-03-2008, 01:16 PM
In the interview Greinke did say that he likes our park. On top of that he did try to be a little diplomatic when that reporter was dogging the Sox offense.

The reactions here may be a little much but I would love it if this was used as a motivation thing for the team in some way.

hose
06-03-2008, 01:46 PM
No, Kittle, obviously he was being serious. I mean you see that all the time, right? Catcher calls for a bean ball and the pitcher rears back and fires a slider at the batter's toe...:rolleyes:

This thread is comedy gold...

A Greinke slider to Sgt. Hulka's big toe......now it's go time:mad:

DumpJerry
06-03-2008, 01:54 PM
For those that can't hear the sound. Here's a transcript.

Rhonda: I know this is not right of me but could I ask you a favor, when AJ Pierzynski is up to bat could you just hit him for me?

Greinke: I did that a couple of years ago.

Rhonda: Oh I thank you for that! Could you do it again?

Greinke: Maybe, I got a real nice slider on his toe and it.....he had to drain to like drain blood a couple of days in a row.

Rhonda: Nice!

Greinke: So that was one of my better hit batters

Rhonda: Nice! I like it.
I'm guessing this Rhonda idiot was told AJ would not date her because he's married and wouldn't even if he was single.

She's coming across like a teenager who did not get her way.

VeeckAsInWreck
06-03-2008, 01:57 PM
I'm guessing this Rhonda idiot was told AJ would not date her because he's married and wouldn't even if he was single.

She's coming across like a teenager who did not get her way.

Funny you say that because I was thinking along those lines. I was thinking that maybe he turned her down for an interview or maybe said something to her in the locker room or on the field. Either way, you can hear in the interview the dislike that she has for AJ.

Dick Allen
06-03-2008, 02:09 PM
Too bad he can't hit a liner back at Rhonda's head.

VeeckAsInWreck
06-03-2008, 02:13 PM
Too bad he can't hit a liner back at Rhonda's head.

Maybe he can hit her with a foul ball into the press box. As the tag line for "My Name Is Earl" says: Karma Is A Funny Thing

http://foxtvdvd.greenroom-digital.com/assets/1158605394_099020900.jpg

IlliniSox4Life
06-03-2008, 04:45 PM
This is a non issue.

If Greinke is actually taking advice on how to pitch from "Rhonda", I think we have the game in the bag tonight.

kittle42
06-03-2008, 04:51 PM
This is a non issue.

If Greinke is actually taking advice on how to pitch from "Rhonda", I think we have the game in the bag tonight.

Rhonda could 2-hit the Sox.

doublem23
06-03-2008, 05:20 PM
Rhonda could 2-hit the Sox.

Yeah, but she'd probably walk 15. :cool:

johnnyg83
06-03-2008, 05:26 PM
Greinke's been great this year. Wicked change-up.

One bad game this year or his era would be closer to 2.31.

VeeckAsInWreck
06-03-2008, 05:32 PM
Greinke's been great this year. Wicked change-up.

One bad game this year or his era would be closer to 2.31.

He's always been highly regarded. Nice to see that he was able to overcome his social anxiety disorder.

Still. hope the Sox get him out of the game early.

TDog
06-03-2008, 05:46 PM

He probably wasn't expecting the comment and was caught off guard, not knowing what to say. He shouldn't have had to respond to something so idiotically rude at all.

Imagine how you would feel if you said something like that in the morning, got some laughs and while watching the game in the evening, Maybe you wouldn't care if Pierzynski suffered a season-ending injury by being hit with a Greinke pitch because, after all, you hate Pierzynski. But imagine if Pierzynski lined a ball off Greinke's knee that way Ron LeFlore did to Wilbur Wood 32 years ago. I can still see Wood screaming in pain on the mound. You have to wonder how Greinke would be able to recover emotionally from something like that even if he could recover physically.

The radio show was all in fun, and the chances of Greinke hitting Pierzynski or Pierzynski hitting him with a line drive are remote. So I guess I have no sense of humor.

johnnyg83
06-03-2008, 06:01 PM
AJ could catch Greinke's changeup with his teeth. It's that slow.

voodoochile
06-03-2008, 06:45 PM
AJ could catch Greinke's changeup with his teeth. It's that slow.

If true then the hitters should just sit on it and wait.

VeeckAsInWreck
06-03-2008, 06:52 PM
If true then the hitters should just sit on it and wait.

I'm sure Greg Walker is telling our hitters just that. I hope teal is not necessary for that statement. :cool:

Scottiehaswheels
06-03-2008, 07:32 PM
I'm sure Greg Walker is telling our hitters just that. I hope teal is not necessary for that statement. :cool:You are kidding right? They just finished their home run derby off a left handed BP pitcher I'm sure. What that has to do with tonights game is beyond me.

VeeckAsInWreck
06-03-2008, 07:41 PM
You are kidding right? They just finished their home run derby off a left handed BP pitcher I'm sure. What that has to do with tonights game is beyond me.

I was kidding. Just too lazy to use the teal that time.

Scottiehaswheels
06-03-2008, 07:56 PM
I was kidding. Just too lazy to use the teal that time.Ha me too... I think? Who knows, they probably were taking BP against a lefty.

doublem23
06-03-2008, 08:49 PM
http://assets.espn.go.com/i/mlb/profiles/players/65x90/7257.jpg
I should have hit him.

cws05champ
06-03-2008, 09:01 PM
You think AJ knew about the radio interview. He was giving Greinke looks after the buzz inside and then yelled at him going down to 1st base on the base hit. Now he just took him deep...:D:

VeeckAsInWreck
06-03-2008, 09:03 PM
You think AJ knew about the radio interview. He was giving Greinke looks after the buzz inside and then yelled at him going down to 1st base on the base hit. Now he just took him deep...:D:

Someone probably called it to his attention. I sure hope this Rhonda skank is enjoying the game.

HomeFish
06-03-2008, 09:07 PM
So who wants to call into the KC radio station tomorrow and ask Luke Hochevar if he plans on hitting Nick Swisher?

VeeckAsInWreck
06-03-2008, 09:14 PM
So who wants to call into the KC radio station tomorrow and ask Luke Hochevar if he plans on hitting Nick Swisher?

We can only hope that Rhonda also hates Nick Swisher. :tongue:

chisoxfanatic
06-03-2008, 10:32 PM
Who'll she ask Hochevar to throw at tomorrow? I'd love to see that guy tear up the Royals as well!

D. TODD
06-04-2008, 11:44 AM
You think AJ knew about the radio interview. He was giving Greinke looks after the buzz inside and then yelled at him going down to 1st base on the base hit. Now he just took him deep...:D: I'm glad I saw this thread, as I was watching the game I was disappointed to see AJ glaring out at Greinke in the 1st innings after the first semi-close pitch. Then he made more subtle commotions after the next pitch missed in. He followed that up with some smack to Greinke after he singled through the hole. I was thinking damn AJ easy on the bull****, but knowing this it makes sense now.

VeeckAsInWreck
06-04-2008, 12:09 PM
I'm glad I saw this thread, as I was watching the game I was disappointed to see AJ glaring out at Greinke in the 1st innings after the first semi-close pitch. Then he made more subtle commotions after the next pitch missed in. He followed that up with some smack to Greinke after he singled through the hole. I was thinking damn AJ easy on the bull****, but knowing this it makes sense now.

I didn't watch last night's game on TV but did Hawk and DJ talk about this at all? :scratch:

hawkjt
06-04-2008, 01:06 PM
No, they did not mention it...but I was watching AJ very carefully and there is no doubt in my mind that he was ready to go to the mound if Greinke hit him. He knew exactly what Greinke had said and he was pissed...then he goes out and is 3 of 4 with a homer...getting pissed can motivate...stay pissed AJ.

gobears1987
06-04-2008, 01:10 PM
Who'll she ask Hochevar to throw at tomorrow? I'd love to see that guy tear up the Royals as well!
I hope she asks him to throw at PK and Thome.

I of course don't want them to get hit, but if it lights them up...

DumpJerry
06-04-2008, 01:23 PM
No, they did not mention it...but I was watching AJ very carefully and there is no doubt in my mind that he was ready to go to the mound if Greinke hit him. He knew exactly what Greinke had said and he was pissed...then he goes out and is 3 of 4 with a homer...getting pissed can motivate...stay pissed AJ.
I was in 137 last night, so I was not too far from the Batter's Box. AJ gave Greinke a real hard cold stare on the first brush back in the First and another stare on the second one.

I did not see what happened after AJ hit the ball because I was watching the ball and not AJ.

I kept calling for AJ to send on into the Royals' Bullpen to hit Tomko in the kisser......

DickAllen72
06-04-2008, 05:47 PM
I didn't watch last night's game on TV but did Hawk and DJ talk about this at all? :scratch:
They didn't mention this specifically, but I noticed during one of AJ's at bats against Greinke DJ asked Hawk if he ever faced a pitcher that he hated and that hated him and how the adreneline gets going in those situations.

Madvora
06-05-2008, 08:53 AM
A little mention of this at the bottom of the Loaiza article in the Sun-Times today.
Under "Bad Moon Rising"

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/989125,CST-SPT-soxnt05.article