PDA

View Full Version : Whose side are you on?

SoxNation05
06-02-2008, 11:21 PM
Ozzie or Kenny. I don't think Ozzie should've manage this situation the way he did but I do think something should be done. OTOH this could be Greg Walker's fault. None of us our experts but we all were pretty damn sure this team could hit and so far we have been far from hitting.

Frater Perdurabo
06-02-2008, 11:24 PM
Churros

banTHEstrike
06-02-2008, 11:25 PM
Walker needs to go. Our hitting has only been going down the last few months.

voodoochile
06-02-2008, 11:27 PM
I trust this will be a non-issue come game time tomorrow night, so I vote churros.

SoxNation05
06-02-2008, 11:27 PM
Churros
Now that we got the pointless, failure of an attempt to be funny post out of the way.

Bucky F. Dent
06-02-2008, 11:28 PM
In the words of Al Davis, "just win, baby!"

DumpJerry
06-02-2008, 11:28 PM
Forget Churros. I'm voting Taco Salad!

SoxNation05
06-02-2008, 11:29 PM
Mods ruin yet another poll.

voodoochile
06-02-2008, 11:31 PM

1 vote is ruining your precious poll?

:whiner:

Edit: Oh and your choices didn't leave me a place to vote. I don't side with either and I don't think firing Walker will do much good. Not my fault it was a crappy flawed poll...

DumpJerry
06-02-2008, 11:32 PM
Rest assured that the results of this poll, like all other White Sox-oriented polls on WSI, are forwarded to the appropriate persons in the White Sox Front Office for guidance.

DSpivack
06-02-2008, 11:33 PM
1 vote is ruining your precious poll?

:whiner:

Edit: Oh and your choices didn't leave me a place to vote. I don't side with either and I don't think firing Walker will do much good. Not my fault it was a crappy flawed poll...

11 votes, 1 coming down on "a side."

Madvora
06-02-2008, 11:33 PM
Walker needs to go. Our hitting has only been going down the last few months.
You're way off. The middle of 2006 is more like it.

Frater Perdurabo
06-02-2008, 11:37 PM
I voted "Fire Walker" before churros was an option.

I don't think Walker "deserves" to be fired, but when the hitting is atrocious, and you can't replace the poorly-performing hitters, you have to hold someone accountable.

For the record, if Sox pitching had been brutal for almost two years now, then Cooper would merit serious scrutiny.

Also, I don't think firing Walker fixes the organizational problem, which is that power is valued above all other hitting skills.

I posted churros, though, because this whole argument has been beaten to death, and I'm a little slap happy at this hour. :tongue:

DumpJerry
06-02-2008, 11:41 PM
Look, it's real easy to make the White Sox a team which will win every game on the rest of the schedule 10-0.

1. Fire Walker.
2. Promote Owens.
3. Promote Fields.
4. Eat Churros with every meal.

Magic formula for success. I don't know why KW, OG, and JR don't see the obvious.

Of course, it would be nice if the friggin' offense stopped averaging three outs per inning.:angry:

WhiteSox5187
06-02-2008, 11:43 PM
In all seriousness, Kenny is the one who built this team of free swingers who are in capable of executing the fundamentals and when Ozzie more or less says "Boy, we need to get better or else some moves will have to be made" Kenny says "No, we don't. We're fine as we are. Problem? What problem? There's no problem! I've assembled a great team!" It's now just a clash of egos.

Jjav829
06-03-2008, 12:05 AM
'Side are you on' is a well known competitive churros eater.

/wins grammar race

LITTLE NELL
06-03-2008, 07:39 AM
KW built this team and I give him credit for the pitching along with Coop. However its plain to see that this team cannot work the count, bunt or hit to the opposite field. Thats KWs fault. A big part of the problem is still no real leadoff guy and a solid #2 guy. If we had some runners on base on a consistant basis maybe the opposing pitcher would have a little more on his mind and our big boppers would get better pitches to hit.