PDA

View Full Version : Call Out to White Sox Fans in the Southland

Viva Medias B's
06-02-2008, 04:23 PM
Wear your Sox gear out and about. I'm tired of seeing Cubbie blue here on people in our own territory.

WhiteSox5187
06-02-2008, 04:44 PM
I live in Beverly, but from what I've seen White Sox fans vastly outnumber Cubs fans.

soxpride724
06-02-2008, 04:50 PM
I'm representin in Plainfield/Naperville:tongue:

Viva Medias B's
06-02-2008, 04:59 PM
I live in Beverly, but from what I've seen White Sox fans vastly outnumber Cubs fans.

I wish that would spread to Palos/Orland, where I am.

Jimmy Piersall
06-02-2008, 05:17 PM
Wear your Sox gear out and about. I'm tired of seeing Cubbie blue here on people in our own territory.

Just be happy that it's not YOU having to wear that stuff.

Over By There
06-02-2008, 05:18 PM
I'm holdin' down the deep south... :cool:

SoxGirl4Life
06-02-2008, 05:22 PM
My Sox banner is waving proud :D:

Law11
06-02-2008, 05:55 PM
Im holding down Arlington Hts.. Well at least my block.
Damn W flags on my street drive me nuts.

but between my mailbox cover, sox flag flying, and my sox plates.
I'm known as the Sox house next to the park.

Law11
06-02-2008, 05:57 PM
I switch out the retro flag every few weeks with the pinstripe flag..

whitesox901
06-02-2008, 07:31 PM
I live in the depts of Tiger-Town-Toledo Metro since the AAA Mudhens are the affiliate of Detriot, but im always good to wear 1-3 Sox Shirts a week, infact, I beleave everyday on opening week I wore something Sox to School.

cheezheadsoxfan
06-02-2008, 08:03 PM
I'm doing my part in southern Wisconsin where there are way too many Cub fans. Car flag, bumper stickers, my office looks like a Sox shrine. Somebody walked in one day and asked if someone in my family worked for the Sox.:D:

LITTLE NELL
06-02-2008, 08:05 PM
Im in Bonita Springs Florida and play golf 4 times a week always wearing a Sox golf cap. I also have a pair of Foot Joy My Joys golf shoes with the Sox logo on them.

manders_01
06-02-2008, 08:21 PM
I wear my Sox gear around Denver.

Parrothead
06-02-2008, 08:56 PM
Does anyone really care what people are wearing?:scratch:

OldRomanPizza
06-02-2008, 10:49 PM
Does anyone really care what people are wearing?:scratch:

I couldnt care less, generally, other than for a quick smile. Though when I lived on the Far North Side, I did feel a certain sense of pride when I saw a fellow White Sox fan.

That being said, the W flags are getting on my nerves because they are such a mark of Cubby trendiness. I also can't stand those button down Cubs shirts with like 1,000 little Wrigley Fields/tickets/mitts/baseballs, all at different angles on them.

This one guy I went to school with would wear a Cubs jersey, cubs hat, and Cubs scarf, all at once. The jersey and hat I could handle..but the scarf was just overkill! :cool:

chisoxfanatic
06-02-2008, 10:51 PM
This one guy I went to school with would wear a Cubs jersey, cubs hat, and Cubs scarf, all at once. The jersey and hat I could handle..but the scarf was just overkill! :cool:

I've out-done that with my Blackhawk gear tons of times! :wink:

I'll be wearing Sox gear at work for the rest of the week. Tomorrow and Wednesday are Final exams for the students. I'm thinking it might bring them some good luck.

C-Dawg
06-03-2008, 04:44 PM
That being said, the W flags are getting on my nerves because they are such a mark of Cubby trendiness.

I maintain that those people should also display the "L" flag too when appropriate. Unfortunately none of them do; its Cubs 162-0 every year if I were to believe the flags.

I also can't stand those button down Cubs shirts with like 1,000 little Wrigley Fields/tickets/mitts/baseballs, all at different angles on them.

Eh, they seem to have those for every team, including the Sox. Heck I've even seen one with 1,000 little Ford Mustangs of all eras on it.

Cuck the Fubs
06-03-2008, 04:51 PM
I maintain that those people should also display the "L" flag too when appropriate. Unfortunately none of them do; its Cubs 162-0 every year if I were to believe the flags.

Here's the simple answer to that issue http://www.flagpro.com/store/L-Flag-3x5%20ft.html :cool:

TDog
06-04-2008, 03:46 AM
I have a Sox warm-up jacket that I've worn in Alaska and California, but people -- even some who say they are Red Sox fans -- have told me they understood it as a Red Sox jacket. Cubs gear is unmistakable and everywhere.

I even saw people wearing Cubs gear at the Sox games in San Francisco. What kind of a troublemaker do you need to be to wear Cubs gear to a Sox-Giants game?

LITTLE NELL
06-04-2008, 08:26 AM
The really funny thing about all this is that when I was a kid no adult would be caught dead in a baseball cap. Only kids had caps. Back in 1955 I begged my Mom to buy me a Sox jacket at Sears, got home from school and Im in tears because she bought me a Cubs jacket, they ran out of Sox jackets. At one time Chicago was a Sox town.

mrwag
06-04-2008, 09:26 AM
No worries. Down here in Knoxville, TN I show my Sox pride all the time!

MarySwiss
06-04-2008, 09:32 AM
Proud Sox fan here, and I always show it, but Viva has a point. I was at Orland Square over Memorial Day weekend (had to pick up some Fannie May for my coworkers, of course!) and there was Cubs stuff all over the place. I even made a comment about it at Champs.

BringBackBlkJack
06-04-2008, 09:35 AM
Add me to the list of Sox fans reppin' the dirty-south(land).

I wore my Sox hat to a Braves-Cubs game, but I am a troublemaker so you got me there.

The night before the game I was serving tables at a restaurant and a party of 4 got sat in my section... all wearing Cubs gear. The Cubs were on a 7-game losing streak at the time. So, naturally I approached them and asked what the deal was with the Cubs gear. Apparently the game got rained out and they were heading back to the hotel. I said, "Oh, I'm so sorry.... you didn't get to watch the Cubs lose their 8th straight!" I may have lost out on a few dollars tip but the satisfaction was priceless.

At the game the next day (if I remember correctly, Prior started and the Cubs lost 6-0) I actually saw a couple from the restaurant. They were sure to complement me on my hat.

The Milkman
06-04-2008, 09:39 AM
Here's the simple answer to that issue http://www.flagpro.com/store/L-Flag-3x5%20ft.html :cool:

I just bought this yesterday. I'll fly it on my balcony in Bucktown until the Sox play at Wrigley. I'm going to fold it up and bring it into the game and unleash it when we win and wear it like Rocky Balboa does with the American flag. If I get accosted...oh well.

southside rocks
06-04-2008, 10:06 AM

I'm in Beverly too, and I've seen maybe half a dozen Cubs flags on houses -- which is half a dozen more than I've seen in years past, but still not anywhere near the visible Sox gear.

OldRomanPizza
06-05-2008, 11:42 PM
How about gear spotted abroad?

Saw two Sox hats in Greece during the summer of 05!

No Cubs!

soxpride724
06-06-2008, 10:49 AM
How about gear spotted abroad?

Saw two Sox hats in Greece during the summer of 05!

No Cubs!

Not abroad, but when I was in D.C a few months ago, the Sox gear outnumbered the Cubs gear.