PDA

View Full Version : IF we were to sign Bonds what your lineup be?

getonbckthr
06-02-2008, 02:22 PM
VS Right Handers:
1) Cabrera- SS
2) AJ- C
3) Quentin- CF (hell we've had Mackowiak and Swisher out there)
4) Bonds- LF (Anderson replaces him after his at bat in the final 3 innings)
5) Dye- RF
6) Thome- DH
7) Konerko- 1B
8) Crede- 3B
9) Ramirez- 2B

VS Left Handers
1) Cabrera- SS
2) AJ- C
3) Quentin- LF
4) Bonds- DH (we usually get 1-2 LH a week)
5) Dye- RF
6) Konerko- 1B
7) Swisher- CF
8) Crede- 3B
9) Ramirez- 2B
------------------------------------------------
--DHing for Bonds is equliavent to an off day when he was in SF. Now if we face a left hander 1-2 times a week, then add a Thome off day once a week he will need to play the field half the week for maybe 18 innings total that week. 3-4 with Bonds and tCQ is inter-changeable. This will bring more runs in. Quentin has made some nice plays out in LF but so far this season if Bonds would have been playing LF (defensively) I on't much that would have been different.
-- I don't know, just an idea to consider as at this point how bad our offense is I don't care about nationwide perception. I care about winning.

Scottiehaswheels
06-02-2008, 02:23 PM
I'd stop caring.

VeeckAsInWreck
06-02-2008, 02:24 PM
God help us if KW signs Bonds. I'd sooner prefer that he sign Kenny Lofton again.

spawn
06-02-2008, 02:28 PM
Why the **** would we want to sign someone who will be convicted of perjuring himself to a grand jury, abused steroids, and is a clubhouse cancer? This move would smack of pure desperation, and would drive off qutie a few Sox fans.

As far as an idea to consider, it's a ****ed up idea.

SoxGirl4Life
06-02-2008, 02:30 PM
Why the **** would we want to sign someone who will be convicted of perjuring himself to a grand jury, abused steroids, and is a clubhouse cancer? This move would smack of pure desperation, and would drive off qutie a few Sox fans.

I'm with you.

Mr.1Dog
06-02-2008, 02:30 PM
:chunks

kittle42
06-02-2008, 02:36 PM
I wouldn't care what the lineup was, as I'd probably boycott games for the rest of the season. Too bad my tickets would already have been paid for.

It's Time
06-02-2008, 02:36 PM
LOL at this idea. I'd imagine the Cell would be empty and his teammates would never except him.

Bonds is a choad.

hi im skot
06-02-2008, 02:44 PM
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j146/sschaaf/roadhousesd7.jpg

areilly
06-02-2008, 02:50 PM
Weeks, 2B
Cameron, CF
Braun, LF
Fielder, 1B
Hart, C, RF
Branyan, 3B
Hardy, SS
Kendall, C
Sheets, P

hi im skot
06-02-2008, 02:52 PM
Weeks, 2B
Cameron, CF
Braun, LF
Fielder, 1B
Hart, C, RF
Branyan, 3B
Hardy, SS
Kendall, C
Sheets, P

http://i.pbase.com/o4/97/388497/1/64021719.CHPTbjAb.applause.gif

Ain't that the truth...

MeteorsSox4367
06-02-2008, 02:55 PM
areilly: Well played. I cannot fathom the Sox signing Bonds. If the Sox sign Bonds, I'll have even more interest in the start of camp for the Bears.

Sign Bonds? Ain't no way. Ain't no friggin' way.

D. TODD
06-02-2008, 02:57 PM
I would have no problem with him if he would help this team, there are so many past abusers on EVERY TEAM. I'm not confident he could fit into the clubhouse with Ozzie and be an overall asset to the team though, so I would not bite anyway. It's a moot point not going to happen.

spawn
06-02-2008, 02:58 PM
Weeks, 2B
Cameron, CF
Braun, LF
Fielder, 1B
Hart, C, RF
Branyan, 3B
Hardy, SS
Kendall, C
Sheets, P
Beautiful. :thumbsup:

balke
06-02-2008, 03:02 PM
Bonds DH
Swisher CF
Dye RF
Quentin LF
Thome 1B
Konerko 3B
Fields 2B
Ramirez SS
Pierzynski C

turners56
06-02-2008, 03:03 PM
Are we this desperate now? Jesus.

kidmccarthy
06-02-2008, 03:07 PM
Heres a question. You all act like children with the thought of signing him. What if we signed Barry Bonds and went to the world series? Would you still act that way? I hate him as well, but if he could take us to the series, who the hell cares if he is an idiot. He can flat out hit, steroids or not.

SoxGirl4Life
06-02-2008, 03:09 PM
Bonds DH
Swisher CF
Dye RF
Quentin LF
Thome 1B
Konerko 3B
Fields 2B
Ramirez SS
Pierzynski C

lmao.. Fields at 2nd, Konerko at 3rd. For a minute, I thought you were serious.

spawn
06-02-2008, 03:09 PM
Heres a question. You all act like children with the thought of signing him. What if we signed Barry Bonds and went to the world series? Would you still act that way? I hate him as well, but if he could take us to the series, who the hell cares if he is an idiot. He can flat out hit, steroids or not.
If you could sell your soul to the Devil for instant gratification, would you do it?

kidmccarthy
06-02-2008, 03:12 PM
If you could sell your soul to the Devil for instant gratification, would you do it?

05 was the best season of my life. Would 08 with Bonds be the same. Pretty dang close. He is scum, but world series rings make you forget an awful lot.

kidmccarthy
06-02-2008, 03:13 PM

O yeah, how funny is it that you question this, when your name and avatar is Spawn, who himself basically is pretty much a spawn of the devil:D:

spawn
06-02-2008, 03:14 PM
O yeah, how funny is it that you question this, when your name and avatar is Spawn, who himself basically is pretty much a spawn of the devil:D:
Which means I have insight into why it's a bad idea.:wink:

Palehose Pete
06-02-2008, 03:16 PM
Oh. My. God.

kidmccarthy
06-02-2008, 03:16 PM
Which means I have insight into why it's a bad idea.:wink:

touche

munchman33
06-02-2008, 03:22 PM
If it meant we'd be in a better position to win, I'd be all for it. I mean...god people...think about what's best for the team. If Thome's really done, there are NO better options internally than Bonds. And we can't trade for any either, considering we've squandered all of our decent prospects.

Not to mention how fun it would be to see Ozzie and Bonds go at it every other day.

thomas35forever
06-02-2008, 03:23 PM
:threadsucks

:threadblows:

areilly
06-02-2008, 03:27 PM

To be honest, I would be embarassed if the White Sox I spent my life backing and who took one of the most fundamentally sound teams of all time on one of the greatest single-season runs in the history of sports had to resort to using a felon, liar, fraud, and blatant racist to get back to the top of the mountain.

I don't mind the Sox employing a jerk, nor do I mind them employing less-than-perfect individuals, but there's only so much even I can get behind. Bonds happens to be on the other side of that line. The Sox winning the World Series was awesome, and I yearn to see another, but if Bonds made the difference the whole thing would ring hollow.

Enjoy the parade if it happens, though. Just don't look for me: I'd be somewhere far, far away torching my Sox gear.

spawn
06-02-2008, 03:28 PM
05 was the best season of my life. Would 08 with Bonds be the same. Pretty dang close. He is scum, but world series rings make you forget an awful lot.
Having bonds doesn't guarantee a ring. After all, how many does he have?

kidmccarthy
06-02-2008, 03:32 PM
having bonds doesn't guarantee a ring. After all, how many does he have?

I know, it was just a hypothetical

D. TODD
06-02-2008, 03:40 PM
I do not see him as more of a devil then the hundreds of guys on every current roster, including the Sox roster, who have participated in the same type of activities. I'm not a big proponent for bringing in Bonds at this time, but I would open my proverbial fan arms for him if he greatly helped the Sox.

ondafarm
06-02-2008, 03:43 PM
Fouled up, that's what our lineup would be.

daveeym
06-02-2008, 04:26 PM
Not to mention that off the juice his age will actually show.

fquaye149
06-02-2008, 04:30 PM
Bonds isn't Chicago Tough

Ziggy S
06-02-2008, 04:40 PM
Bonds isn't Chicago Tough

I agree. He can't get through the Grind or Strap it on Down.

Law11
06-02-2008, 05:44 PM
My lineup would be to watch whatever else was on TV during the telecast.

The Critic
06-02-2008, 06:14 PM
I'd stop watching the White Sox until the moment Bonds was off the team.
I'd come back the second he leaves.
I find him repulsive with or without the juice, and I won't root for a team he's on.

jdm2662
06-02-2008, 06:28 PM
Baseball season will officially end for me if this happened.

Frater Perdurabo
06-02-2008, 06:35 PM
Sorry. I root for the laundry. While I think Bonds is a festering pile of dog excrement, if he wore a Sox uniform, I'd root for him to produce and to help the Sox win.

fquaye149
06-02-2008, 06:59 PM
Sorry. I root for the laundry. While I think Bonds is a festering pile of dog excrement, if he wore a Sox uniform, I'd root for him to produce and to help the Sox win.

There is some truth behind this. There have been Sox players who were every bit the dirtbag, lowlifes that Bonds is (most of them not nearly as good as Bonds would probably be).

Did people quit being Sox fans when Albert Belle was on the team? When Wil Cordero was? When Royce "I think I'll sleep with my teammate's wife" Clayton laced up his Buddy Lee Boots? When David "I pitch hungover and call out my teammates for suffering legitimate injuries" Wells took the hill?

RadioheadRocks
06-02-2008, 07:00 PM

Amen!

BRDSR
06-02-2008, 07:09 PM
This would be my lineup (read: to-do list instead of actually watching the Sox).

1. Pull out my fingernails.
2. Electricute myself.
3. Gouge out my eyes.
4. Puncture my eardrums.
5. Put out cigarettes in my palm.
6. Pour acid on my forearm.
7. Spill boiling water on my lap.
8. Run over my foot with a car.
9. Drink Drano

RadioheadRocks
06-02-2008, 07:15 PM
This would be my lineup (read: to-do list instead of actually watching the Sox).

1. Pull out my fingernails.
2. Electricute myself.
3. Gouge out my eyes.
4. Puncture my eardrums.
5. Put out cigarettes in my palm.
6. Pour acid on my forearm.
7. Spill boiling water on my lap.
8. Run over my foot with a car.
9. Drink Drano

I'd buy Amway... no I'd SELL Amway!

Brian26
06-02-2008, 07:19 PM

Part of the beauty of 2005 was that it was a team full of likeable guys who you wanted to see suceed, some who had come up through the Sox system and suffered some bruises along the way, while others had a rightful chip on their shoulder from being mistreated by other teams in the league. Most of the guys on that team had been labeled underachievers in the past, and no one individual was larger than the sum of the parts that year.

I can't see myself ever rooting for Bonds, and a World Series win with him on the team would not be anywhere as close as sweet as 2005.

Brian26
06-02-2008, 07:23 PM
There is some truth behind this. There have been Sox players who were every bit the dirtbag, lowlifes that Bonds is (most of them not nearly as good as Bonds would probably be).

Did people quit being Sox fans when Albert Belle was on the team? When Wil Cordero was? When Royce "I think I'll sleep with my teammate's wife" Clayton laced up his Buddy Lee Boots? When David "I pitch hungover and call out my teammates for suffering legitimate injuries" Wells took the hill?

Totally see your point, but the Belle/Cordero era ('97-'98?) saw some of the most apathetic Sox crowds in history. Wells and Clayton were basically run out of town.

Frater Perdurabo
06-02-2008, 07:32 PM
Listen, I would never, ever advocate that the Sox sign Bonds. I wouldn't even be privately happy if they did.

If they did sign him, I'd hope that he'd get beaned or walked every plate appearance and that other Sox hitters would get more fastballs and RBI chances.

But if he came up in the bottom of the ninth with the Sox needing runs, I'd be rooting for him to hit a homer.

I would not let Bonds' hypothetical presence on this team prevent me from enjoying a win.

fquaye149
06-02-2008, 07:40 PM
Totally see your point, but the Belle/Cordero era ('97-'98?) saw some of the most apathetic Sox crowds in history. Wells and Clayton were basically run out of town.

Clayton had a lot of supporters, for some reason...if he could hit his weight, he'd still be here, i suspect

I hope he rots in hell.

FarWestChicago
06-02-2008, 09:03 PM

As far as an idea to consider, it's a ****ed up idea.There is no criminal on this planet getonbckthr won't defend. It's his thing.

kittle42
06-02-2008, 09:07 PM
There is no criminal on this planet getonbckthr won't defend. It's his thing.

More of his thing than "10.00 ERA guy was just dfa'd...why not take a chance on him?"

Daver
06-02-2008, 09:08 PM
I would ask West to close this forum entirely if that was to happen.

FarWestChicago
06-02-2008, 09:09 PM
I would ask West to close this forum entirely if that was to happen.I would close it before you could get the request to me. :cool:

FarWestChicago
06-02-2008, 09:10 PM
More of his thing than "10.00 ERA guy was just dfa'd...why not take a chance on him?"He's definitely a bigger fan of all types of criminals than really crappy players. But, you have hit on his second favorite thing. :nod:

Daver
06-02-2008, 09:13 PM
I would close it before you could get the request to me. :cool:

There you go.

If the Sox sign Barroids you'll have to discuss it elsewhere.

getonbckthr
06-02-2008, 09:13 PM
I don't wanna see any support to trying to get Brian Roberts either. He juiced as well.

Optipessimism
06-02-2008, 09:18 PM
I don't wanna see any support to trying to get Brian Roberts either. He juiced as well.

That argument is like walking up to an employer and saying, "I see you hired a guy who once stole something, so you're a total hypocrite unless you hire this mass murderer."

WSox597
06-03-2008, 06:52 AM
If the Sox signed this asswipe, the local media would make it look like the steroids were the team's idea all along.

"Impartial media"

fquaye149
06-03-2008, 10:48 AM
That argument is like walking up to an employer and saying, "I see you hired a guy who once stole something, so you're a total hypocrite unless you hire this mass murderer."

Not really. More like "I see you hired a guy who stole something so you're a total hypocrite unless you hire the guy who has not been proven to be any more of a thief, but was made the scapegoat for stealing things."

Or mass murderer. One of the two.

TomBradley72
06-03-2008, 11:26 AM
Another one dimensional slugger who can't field or run. Brilliant!!!

So Rico Carty or Orlando Cepeda aren't available?

fquaye149
06-03-2008, 11:44 AM
Another one dimensional slugger who can't field or run. Brilliant!!!

So Rico Carty or Orlando Cepeda aren't available?

A team DOES need at least one solid slugger.

Quentin may be ours...but if we had one at DH we'd be better offensively.

If this were strictly based on on-field performance I don't see how you could argue that having a player of Bonds's caliber, even his 2007 numbers, wouldn't be a huge help.

But I would agree that he would be a huge distraction, a negative clubhouse presence, and a financial burden.

I just think it's absolutely silly to say just because we have two sluggers who are stinking out loud that that means adding a very good slugger is a bad idea.

TomBradley72
06-05-2008, 03:56 AM
A team DOES need at least one solid slugger.

Quentin may be ours...but if we had one at DH we'd be better offensively.

If this were strictly based on on-field performance I don't see how you could argue that having a player of Bonds's caliber, even his 2007 numbers, wouldn't be a huge help.

But I would agree that he would be a huge distraction, a negative clubhouse presence, and a financial burden.

I just think it's absolutely silly to say just because we have two sluggers who are stinking out loud that that means adding a very good slugger is a bad idea.

There are very few, slow, lumbering, DH only, station to station, slugger types I would want to sign to address our needs. Bonds wouldn't be one of them.

white sox bill
06-05-2008, 07:10 AM
What the hell, we already have the most hated man in sports--AJ. Whats one more?

Zisk77
06-05-2008, 09:44 AM
Ok, before the season you vehemently argued for Kenny to blow this thing up and rebuild. Now you want to bring on this cancerous, steroidal pustule on humanity. Oh, the Chicago media would just love this. Would do wonders for our image. Genius move, pure genius.:scratch:

On a serious note: how about Raul Ibanez at the trade deadline. Seattle will probably want dump some salary.

Frontman
06-05-2008, 09:52 AM
Besides Barry's OBP of.480; there isn't that much more for him to add to the Sox lineup. 28 Homers in 126 games played isn't that impressive.

fquaye149
06-05-2008, 10:31 AM
Besides Barry's OBP of.480; there isn't that much more for him to add to the Sox lineup. 28 Homers in 126 games played isn't that impressive.

well putting aside the ridiculousness of the cursory "besides an OBP of .480" he had the 28 HR you mentioned he had a .276 average, which would be among team leaders, and a .565 slugging percentage....

so I'm not really sure what your point is...

That's not to say he'd repeat that (he probably wouldn't) and it's not to say the moral implications and repercussions in chemistry and team morale wouldn't negate any positive contributions he made at the plate (they would completely negate those contributions IMO) or even to say there's a place for him on this team ignoring all the negatives (who knows)....

...but it is to say acting like his stats last years aren't better than anyone on our team currently, except for MAYBE Carlos Quentin (Bonds's OPS+ in 2007= 170, TCQ's=159...but TCQ will play in more games and have more PA's, HR's and RBI's so give his #'s the nod) is silly

The Thomenator
06-05-2008, 10:32 AM

Not that I want him here, but I'd imagine he'd play more games as a DH. On top of that, he'd be in a hitter's park, which would add to his totals. Just ask Swisher.

balke
06-05-2008, 10:35 AM
Yeah as a DH he'd play more games I'd imagine. No more Barry time, where he's on one day and off the other.

I don't want him here, but I wouldn't say its a mistake to sign him as a DH for anyone as far as statistics go.

Ziggy S
06-05-2008, 10:41 AM
You don't sign Bonds. The correct term for Bonds is investment.

Frontman
06-05-2008, 11:13 AM
My point is that having Barry wouldn't pay off. His only outstanding stat is his OBP from last season, as 28 homers are "meh." He's a year older, so say he hits 35 homers.

Thome did that with a bad season last year, so what would be the upgrade?

UofCSoxFan
06-05-2008, 11:30 AM

Perhaps because he is the best player of my lifetime? Whether or not he was on steroids (I believe he clearly was...no pun intended) the stats and performance still counts. I for one realize many of the people I root for are imperfect if not reprehensible human beings....I'm rooting for them b/c they can hit and pitch a baseball better than 99.9% of the people in the world, not because they are necessarily good guys (although most probably are). I would be naive to think Sox players haven't taking roids, emphetimines, HGH, cheated on their wives, etc....just because I wouldn't want them to raise my children (If I had any) doesn't mean I wouldn't root for them if they were wearing a Sox jersery. I'd rather have a World Series win with a group of Jim Thome's but also would have a World Series with a bunch of Bonds's than a 2nd place finsih. I know a lot disagree, but that is just me.

In regards to the line-up, no way I put Bonds in the OF at this point. He is strictly a DH, which means we would give up on Thome, which I really don't see happening at this point.

fquaye149
06-05-2008, 12:20 PM
My point is that having Barry wouldn't pay off. His only outstanding stat is his OBP from last season, as 28 homers are "meh." He's a year older, so say he hits 35 homers.

Thome did that with a bad season last year, so what would be the upgrade?

No, his stats are outstanding across the line. 28 HR in 300 some at bats is quite excellent, as is his 1.040 OPS

Like I said, I doubt that he could reproduce that this year, but his 2007 stats would put him in only Quentin's company on this team.

Where's the upgrade over Thome? Are you kidding? Even with Thome having a good year last year, Bonds put him to shame. This year, Thome is stinking out loud. Strictly speaking of his 2007 statistics, he'd be a ****ing monumental upgrade over what Thome's giving us this year. It's silly to pretend like his 2007 statistics are impressive because, statistically speaking, his hitting in 2007 is better than Quentin's hitting so far in 2008

Zisk77
06-05-2008, 01:37 PM

Same type of logic brought Cellvin Sampscum to Indiana University so they could get Eric Gordon and win another Title...how did that work out for them?

Albert Belle, Wil Cordero, and Royce Clayton were choir Boys compared to Bonds.

Besides Kittle would kick is backside if he came here. :redneck

Bonds wouldn't help us win a WS, he'd tear apart the clubhouse, the media would have a field day with us that would make the guillen rant seem like a non-story, and would greatly alienate MUCH of our current fan base.

fquaye149
06-05-2008, 01:44 PM
Albert Belle, Wil Cordero, and Royce Clayton were choir Boys compared to Bonds.

Are you kidding me? Barry Bonds, despite committing perjury and using steroids, and having an affair on his wife, has never been alleged to

1.) Go up into the stands and assault a fan (among other ridiculously ****ty things that Albert Belle did)

2.) BEAT UP A ****ING WOMAN

3.) **** his teammate's wife.

If you think that doing those things makes you a choirboy, just so long as you don't use steroids and cheat on your wife :rolleyes: I think you're a pretty sad human being

Bonds is a bad guy, a blight on baseball, and a bad human being.

But those three people are ****stains on humanity

BRDSR
06-05-2008, 01:48 PM

I don't understand the use of the word ****ing in this sentence. Wouldn't it be enough to say that he beat up a woman?

fquaye149
06-05-2008, 01:50 PM
I don't understand the use of the word ****ing in this sentence. Wouldn't it be enough to say that he beat up a woman?

It is just meant to emphasize the fact that that living breathing waste of life beat up a woman. Certainly the word "****ing" was not meant to be expository

Frontman
06-05-2008, 01:51 PM

Oh please. That's frustration over the whole "they're choirboys compared to Bonds" commentary. I have to agree that Bonds isn't in the same league as that. He might be a complete turd, but he hasn't been charged with a violent felony.

fquaye149
06-05-2008, 01:53 PM
In other news, Albert Belle chased down some kids who played a trick or treat prank on his house and hit them with his car.

What a choirboy! At least he maybe didn't take steroids or lie about taking steroids!

UofCSoxFan
06-05-2008, 02:03 PM
Let's put it this way.....if the Sox won the World Series the year they had Canseco (who had some huge hits during the race)...would that taint your opinion of the title. Yes, one is looking back (although honestly you had to be blind to not know Canseco was on something) and one if going forward, so the situations aren't exactly the same, but it is something to ponder.

And anyone who think Will Cordero is a choir boy compared to a steroid user is out of their mind...and I personally hate Bonds as a person but I recognize his talent.

BRDSR
06-05-2008, 02:07 PM
Oh please. That's frustration over the whole "they're choirboys compared to Bonds" commentary. I have to agree that Bonds isn't in the same league as that. He might be a complete turd, but he hasn't been charged with a violent felony.

Fair enough...I guess it just rubbed me the wrong way upon my first reading.

Agree with the sentiment though.

fquaye149
06-05-2008, 02:11 PM
Fair enough...I guess it just rubbed me the wrong way upon my first reading.

Agree with the sentiment though.

I have absolutely no idea where you're coming from here

Frontman
06-05-2008, 02:16 PM
I have absolutely no idea where you're coming from here

He took exception to your use of the bleeped word in question to describe a woman; not understanding the context completely. I'm sure you didn't mean disrespect towards women.

fquaye149
06-05-2008, 02:20 PM
He took exception to your use of the bleeped word in question to describe a woman; not understanding the context completely. I'm sure you didn't mean disrespect towards women.

ah. no i didn't at all. quite the opposite, actually.

Zisk77
06-05-2008, 02:36 PM
Are you kidding me? Barry Bonds, despite committing perjury and using steroids, and having an affair on his wife, has never been alleged to

1.) Go up into the stands and assault a fan (among other ridiculously ****ty things that Albert Belle did)

3.) **** his teammate's wife.

If you think that doing those things makes you a choirboy, just so long as you don't use steroids and cheat on your wife :rolleyes: I think you're a pretty sad human being

Bonds is a bad guy, a blight on baseball, and a bad human being.

But those three people are ****stains on humanity

Bonds did hit his women and threatend to KILL HER! He is accused of committing perjury as well.

fquaye149
06-05-2008, 02:38 PM
Bonds did hit his women and threatend to KILL HER! He is accused of committing perjury as well.

link to the part where he is arraigned on these charges

fquaye149
06-05-2008, 02:42 PM
i don't remember it nor can i find anything to that effect:

http://www.google.com/search?q=barry+bonds+assault&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a
nothing

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&hs=nTK&q=barry+bonds+domestic+abuse&btnG=Search
nothing

http://www.google.com/search?q=barry+bonds+domestic+violence&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a
nothing

http://www.google.com/search?q=barry+bonds+abuse&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a
nothing

Zisk77
06-05-2008, 02:47 PM
In other news, Albert Belle chased down some kids who played a trick or treat prank on his house and hit them with his car.

What a choirboy! At least he maybe didn't take steroids or lie about taking steroids!

I don't think Belle hit them with his car but chased them...I could be wrong though. Yet, this happened well after he wore a sox uniform. All we knew about Belle was that he was surly when we acquired him. All his brushes with the law came after his sox career were ended.

Besides how would having a recatl orfice play for us in the past make it ok to have a bigger rectal orfice play for us in the future?

Bonds has hit his past girlfriends and wife. He has also threatened their lives. He has probably committed perjury. He is a colossal rectal orfice. Sterioda are just a small portion of the baggage that comes with Bonds.

Taking umbrage with my analogy of saying cordero and belle were choir boys in camparison, does not somehow make it a good idea to sign this piece of human excrement.

Zisk77
06-05-2008, 02:50 PM
link to the part where he is arraigned on these charges

So if your not charged with battery it didn't happen? Its in the testimony from the women in regards to some of the cases against Bonds. Maybe they courts will choose to prosecute it at a later date. I don't know. Maybe the women will decide to press charges.

fquaye149
06-05-2008, 02:52 PM
I don't think Belle hit them with his car but chased them...I could be wrong though. Yet, this happened well after he wore a sox uniform. All we knew about Belle was that he was surly when we acquired him. All his brushes with the law came after his sox career were ended.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Belle

well "you don't think" wrong. you are absolutely misinformed and full of ****. Nice try though. Most of his problems came long BEFORE he was a White Sox

Besides how would having a recatl orfice play for us in the past make it ok to have a bigger rectal orfice play for us in the future?Who said that? I'm merely saying your idiotic comment that violent criminals are choirboys compared to a non-violent steroid users is a stupid, irresponsible, asinine thing to say

Bonds has hit his past girlfriends and wife. He has also threatened their lives. He has probably committed perjury. He is a colossal rectal orfice. Sterioda are just a small portion of the baggage that comes with Bonds.How about a link since absolutely none exist as far as I can tell? Otherwise I'll just have to go by my assumption that you're talking out you ass with hearsay and bull**** allegations?

I don't expect a link to anything saying Bonds has been charged with this since I don't suspect it exists.

Cordero, on the other hand, not only pled guilty to domestic assault charges, he continued to stalk his wife afterward.

What a choirboy!!!!!!!!!1

Taking umbrage with my analogy of saying cordero and belle were choir boys in camparison, does not somehow make it a good idea to sign this piece of human excrement.
It is one of the stupidest thing I've ever heard said, that a man who has pled guilty to beating his wife and a ******** who has constantly assaulted fans and civilians, are somehow "choirboys" compared to Bonds because Bonds isn't a nice guy and he took steroids and lied about it to congress?

****ing ridiculous. What a sadly pathetic thing to say :rolleyes:

fquaye149
06-05-2008, 02:53 PM
So if your not charged with battery it didn't happen? Its in the testimony from the women in regards to some of the cases against Bonds. Maybe they courts will choose to prosecute it at a later date. I don't know. Maybe the women will decide to press charges.

I still don't see a link.

It's a lot more convincing that someone committed battery if they're actually charged with it than if some random dude on a message board claims that Bonds's estranged ex-mistress made a bunch of claims years after the fact that never amounted to anything.

So, like I said, I still don't see a link

Zisk77
06-05-2008, 03:06 PM
Look i'm not making it up. I'm also am not going to waste my time surfing the internet for a link to prove my point. You don't believe me, fine. I won't lose any sleep over it.

If you want to waste time looking for it be my guest. Might have been the Balco story in SI, or any of the Myriad bonds stories in Si, or the book of shadows, or an espn between the lines for chrissake. You want to find it knock your self out.

Fine Belle and Cordero are not choir boys... I didn't say the were. I siad compared to Bonds I thought they were. Ok, so it may have been a bad analaogy. Point is still the same - No way in Hell should the sox consider Bonds.

Zisk77
06-05-2008, 05:55 PM
alright i hate to be called full of **** so here ya go. I wasted my time:

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1355/is_n24_v84/ai_14532401

Kim bell his mistress alleges threats in Playboy interview, sadly don't have access to playboy :whiner:. I probably first heard of it in either s.1. or on espn. i'm done looking.

russ99
06-05-2008, 06:14 PM
Honestly, I think Lofton would be back with the Sox despite his beyond-crappy attitude and the massive amount of bridge-burning he did here, before Kenny would even entertain the idea of signing Bonds.

But we don't have to worry, as our payroll's pretty much maxed out and Bonds won't play for free, regardless of how desperate he may be for an MLB job.

chaerulez
06-05-2008, 06:45 PM
I don't care for the we only need "good guys" on a team to root for it. But certain players cross that line. Bonds is one of them. The guy is racist, his mistress has accused him of physical abuse, a cheater, and just a flat out awful human being. But I wouldn't mind having a guy like Billy Wagner who seems like a jerk but helps a team win. Off the field troubles, if it's minor crap like being caught with weed like Randy Moss, but Bonds has way too many issues. Yeah he would help the team, but we might as well just trade for Elijah Dukes while we're at it.

fquaye149
06-05-2008, 07:05 PM
alright i hate to be called full of **** so here ya go. I wasted my time:

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1355/is_n24_v84/ai_14532401

Kim bell his mistress alleges threats in Playboy interview, sadly don't have access to playboy :whiner:. I probably first heard of it in either s.1. or on espn. i'm done looking.

I stand corrected.

It's worth noting that charges were never filed and that in America you are innocent until proven guilty (or plead guilty like Cordero did) but if this is true, Bonds is right up there with them.

It's unlikely, however, that the charges are true, though, because the article says that the police found no evidence of injury. The said explicitly that there were NO injuries at all that could verify her claim. But...you know...well...I suppose it could be true :rolleyes:

Calling Cordero and Belle choirboys compared to Bonds remains the stupidest thing I've ever heard in my life.

fquaye149
06-05-2008, 07:06 PM
I don't care for the we only need "good guys" on a team to root for it. But certain players cross that line. Bonds is one of them. The guy is racist, his mistress has accused him of physical abuse, a cheater, and just a flat out awful human being. But I wouldn't mind having a guy like Billy Wagner who seems like a jerk but helps a team win. Off the field troubles, if it's minor crap like being caught with weed like Randy Moss, but Bonds has way too many issues. Yeah he would help the team, but we might as well just trade for Elijah Dukes while we're at it.

Agreed. I hope it doesn't sound like I'm defending Bonds. He's a ****head.

But comparing him to ****stains like Cordero and Albert Belle as if BONDS is somehow worse?

Ridiculous

FarWestChicago
06-05-2008, 08:55 PM
Agreed. I hope it doesn't sound like I'm defending Bonds.You are defending your man Barry Bonds. You are emulating getonbckthr. That is certainly something to strive for in life. :shrug:

sullythered
06-05-2008, 09:00 PM
I honestly, in a million years, never thought I'd say this... I'd rather sign Sammy Sosa. <sigh>

fquaye149
06-05-2008, 09:24 PM
You are defending your man Barry Bonds. You are emulating getonbckthr. That is certainly something to strive for in life. :shrug:

False.

I don't see how tempering the over-exaggerations of the moral high-handers is sticking up for someone I don't particularly like.

Let me get this straight, West:

You think Bonds (Perjury being the worst of his crimes, Steroids being the second worst, being an ******* being the third worst) makes the following people look like choirboys:

1. Albert Belle (assaulted multiple fans--including throwing a ****ing baseball into the stands and hitting a heckler, made viciously sexist and violent remarks to female reporters and refusing to apologize, running down pranksters with his car, routinely destroying the Indians clubhouse after games, almost certainly popped greenies)

2. Wil Cordero (beat up and stalked his wife--despite the allegations some dude posted earlier wherein police arriving found Bonds's wife to be uninjured, police who responded to the Cordero domestic abuse call found Cordero's wife with a bloody nose and BRUISES ON HER NECK)

here's a nice little article about "choirboy" Wil Cordero: http://archive.southcoasttoday.com/daily/06-97/06-12-97/d01sp126.htm

Beat the **** out of his wife and threatened to kill her in front of his 15 year old son? Oh well! At least he didn't take steroids and lie about it!

IMO that is a ****ing idiotic thing to say, and I have a huge problem with it

FarWestChicago
06-05-2008, 09:31 PM
False.

I don't see how tempering the over-exaggerations of the moral high-handers is sticking up for someone I don't particularly like.

Let me get this straight, West:

You think Bonds (Perjury being the worst of his crimes, Steroids being the second worst, being an ******* being the third worst) makes the following people look like choirboys:

1. Albert Belle (assaulted multiple fans--including throwing a ****ing baseball into the stands and hitting a heckler, made viciously sexist and violent remarks to female reporters and refusing to apologize, running down pranksters with his car, routinely destroying the Indians clubhouse after games, almost certainly popped greenies)

2. Wil Cordero (beat up and stalked his wife--despite the allegations some dude posted earlier wherein police arriving found Bonds's wife to be uninjured, police who responded to the Cordero domestic abuse call found Cordero's wife with a bloody nose and BRUISES ON HER NECK)

here's a nice little article about "choirboy" Wil Cordero: http://archive.southcoasttoday.com/daily/06-97/06-12-97/d01sp126.htm

IMO that is a ****ing idiotic thing to say, and I have a huge problem with itYou have completely lost your mind. I never said anything like any of that. I simply said you are defending your man Barry Bonds. This is true. You can't deny it. A platypus, much less a mammal, can see it. If you can't, self-awareness is definitely not your strong suit. I don't know what else to say.

fquaye149
06-05-2008, 09:32 PM
You have completely lost your mind. I never said anything like any of that. I simply said you are defending your man Barry Bonds. This is true. You can't deny it. A platypus, much less a mammal, can see it. If you can't, self-awareness is definitely not your strong suit. I don't know what else to say.

I didn't say you said that.

Someone else said it and you took me to task for explaining why that ridiculous post is ridiculous

I never once in this thread said that Bonds is anything but a dirtbag.

I never once in this thread said that Bonds should be on this team.

What I did say was that the person who said that Bonds makes Wil Cordero and Albert Belle look like choirboys is ****ing ridiculous and absolutely 100% full of ****

:rolleyes:

FarWestChicago
06-05-2008, 09:34 PM
I didn't say you said that.

Someone else said it and you took me to task for explaining why he is ridiculous.

Then you said that means I'm defending BondsYou put yourself in a bad position. I didn't. Always remember to paint from the corner to the door. :smile:

fquaye149
06-05-2008, 09:39 PM
You put yourself in a bad position. I didn't. Always remember to paint from the corner to the door. :smile:

I don't really give a ****.

Frankly, it's pretty ridiculous how quickly people line up to sit in moral judgment of the "lowlife du jour"

Some people are so eager to show how morally superior they are to the "bad guy flavor of the week" that they will make ****ing idiotic statements about how "the flavor of the week" makes complete utter wastes of life like Belle and Cordero look like "choirboys"

That is ****ing ridiculous and it might be the ****ing stupidest statement I've ever heard in my life.

Look: we get it. Barry Bonds is a douche. I agree. Bckthr seems to be the only poster on this board who doesn't get it.

I've said time and again in this thread that I would never ever be in favor of going after Bonds for this team.

However people in their eagerness to show how awesomely moral they are, are saying out and out stupid things like:

1.) Bonds's numbers last year weren't impressive (not true)

2.) Even IF Bonds wasn't a breathing dickweed, this team would still have no need for a slow player even if he put up Bonds's 2007 numbers (also not true)

3.) Bonds makes this guy: http://archive.southcoasttoday.com/daily/06-97/06-12-97/d01sp126.htm look like a choirboy (the most ****ing idiotic thing I've ever heard in my life.)

That's right: People are so eager to show how much they hate Bonds they are saying that he makes a man who beat and threatened to kill his wife look like a choirboy :rolleyes:

Congrats dudes! You showed everyone you don't like Bonds so much that you're willing to say patently false things to demonstrate how much you hate him!

FarWestChicago
06-05-2008, 09:50 PM
Look: we get it. Barry Bonds is a douche. I agree. Bckthr seems to be the only poster on this board who doesn't get it.

I've said time and again in this thread that I would never ever be in favor of going after Bonds for this team.You should know, I'm biased. When I was a kid my favorite baseball player was not from Chicago. Most kids liked Willie Mays or Mickey Mantle at the time. I got a baseball card from a pack of gum that had this obscure guy. I looked at it and was surprised I had never really heard much about him (this was the late 60's). Somehow he became my guy. His name was Henry Aaron. I despise Barry Bonds. I will always despise Barry Bonds. I honestly don't care if John Wayne Gacy was a bigger criminal than Barry Bonds. It's completely irrelevant. I will always despise Barry Bonds. That's the way I feel and there is nothing anybody can do to change it.

fquaye149
06-05-2008, 09:55 PM
You should know, I'm biased. When I was a kid my favorite baseball player was not from Chicago. Most kids liked Willie Mays or Mickey Mantle at the time. I got a baseball card from a pack of gum that had this obscure guy. I looked at it and was surprised I had never really heard much about him (this was the late 60's). Somehow he became my guy. His name was Henry Aaron. I despise Barry Bonds. I will always despise Barry Bonds. I honestly don't care if John Wayne Gacy was a bigger criminal than Barry Bonds. It's completely irrelevant. I will always despise Barry Bonds. That's the way I feel and there is nothing anybody can do to change it.

Hey I don't blame you. Really I don't. I love Hank Aaron as well, and wish he still held the record.

I really didn't hate Bonds for a while, since I hate the sports media. But it's become increasingly impossible to defend him to the point where I agree with everyone who says he's a blight on the game of baseball and an awful human being.

But I'm not going to ignore the truth. It's just stupid to do.

Say that his 2007 numbers are tainted, but don't say that his 2007 numbers aren't good because that's not true.

Say that he would be awful for the team due to the fact that he's a ****ty human being, an injury concern, a legal concern, and a clubhouse cancer. Hell, say you'd feel dirty rooting for him and that even if the White Sox won the WS with Bonds, you wouldn't be rooting for him. But don't say that he couldn't possibly help the White Sox win, because that's not true.

And for God's sake, don't say that Bonds makes a guy who ****ing threatened to kill his wife after he beat the **** out of her look like a choirboy. That just makes me sick.

And anyway--I wasn't responding to any of your posts. I probably wouldn't have, since you pay da bills. :shrug:

FarWestChicago
06-05-2008, 10:04 PM
And anyway--I wasn't responding to any of your posts. I probably wouldn't have, since you pay da bills. :shrug:The bottom line is I will no longer pay the bills if Bonds is signed by the Sox. There are things that mean more to me than winning. :smile:

fquaye149
06-05-2008, 10:09 PM
The bottom line is I will no longer pay the bills if Bonds is signed by the Sox. There are things that mean more to me than winning. :smile:

Sure. I wouldn't be happy if Bonds was on the team, even if we won the World Series.

Some douchebags bitch enough about supposed "cheating" in the 2005 ALCS...

Tragg
06-06-2008, 12:31 AM
What's this about?
Just as soon ask what the lineup would be if Pete Rose was signed by the White Sox. Or Al Capone.

scarsofthumper
06-06-2008, 03:10 PM
If KW signs Bonds, I'll get a picture of Ryan Theriot tattooed on my testicles.

spiffie
06-07-2008, 02:10 PM
Anyone who didn't "torch" their Sox gear when Wil Cordero, a man who beat his pregnant wife, something far worse than using steroids while playing the game of baseball, strikes me as seriously overreacting to the idea of signing Bonds. I can understand people who say they would take a break from the Sox if they signed him, much as I took myself away from the team while Cordero was on the roster. If Bonds being signed would be the thing that emotionally breaks you from the game, I can see that too. But the idea seen in the thread that the crime of sullying the game of baseball is worse by any objective measure than repeatedly bloodying and beating one's pregnant wife seems insane to me.