PDA

View Full Version : Thome about to be on The Score

aryzner
06-02-2008, 10:03 AM
...in case anyone is interested in what he has to say.

Madvora
06-02-2008, 10:10 AM
I hope he's announcing his retirement.

itsnotrequired
06-02-2008, 10:12 AM
He is probably calling a press conference to personally apologize to WSI.

aryzner
06-02-2008, 10:12 AM
Wow that was weird.

Thome was saying he was not happy with his performance thus far and admitted he's been doing badly.

North goes, "What did you think of Ozzie's comments last night?" and Thome says, "Thanks guys." and that was that.

Sorry for the waste of a thread!

RedHeadPaleHoser
06-02-2008, 10:13 AM
All bashing/age aside, I wouldn't be surprised if he takes responsibilty for his poor play - he is that type of guy to say "I'm not doing my job". While it's a fair statement that he SHOULD say that, we all know there's a lot of players out there only looking out for themselves and barely mention anything when they're slumping.

WhiteSox5187
06-02-2008, 10:15 AM
Wow that was weird.

Thome was saying he was not happy with his performance thus far and admitted he's been doing badly.

North goes, "What did you think of Ozzie's comments last night?" and Thome says, "Thanks guys." and that was that.

Sorry for the waste of a thread!
That's actually a great way to handle that baiting question by North. He could have said "Yea, Ozzie's right" which would lead to him pissing off Kenny or try and make a stand for himself and his teammates which would have pitted him against Ozzie. Instead he just said more or less "No comment." Good way to handle that.

itsnotrequired
06-02-2008, 10:16 AM
All bashing/age aside, I wouldn't be surprised if he takes responsibilty for his poor play - he is that type of guy to say "I'm not doing my job". While it's a fair statement that he SHOULD say that, we all know there's a lot of players out there only looking out for themselves and barely mention anything when they're slumping.

WSI is the place that told me Thome is a "selfish guy" just "stroking his ego" because he "refuses" to hit to left when the shift is on.

oeo
06-02-2008, 10:18 AM
He is probably calling a press conference to personally apologize to WSI.

:lol:

RedHeadPaleHoser
06-02-2008, 10:19 AM
WSI is the place that told me Thome is a "selfish guy" just "stroking his ego" because he "refuses" to hit to left when the shift is on.

You're right...I stand corrected. :rolling:

veeter
06-02-2008, 10:23 AM
All bashing/age aside, I wouldn't be surprised if he takes responsibilty for his poor play - he is that type of guy to say "I'm not doing my job". While it's a fair statement that he SHOULD say that, we all know there's a lot of players out there only looking out for themselves and barely mention anything when they're slumping.Well he SHOULD take responsibility for his crappy play. However, he knows he's been bad along with the rest of the guys. He doesn't need some ass wipe radio guy to remind him of it.

DumpJerry
06-02-2008, 10:27 AM
He was on Channel 5 this morning announcing a fundraising drive with One-A-Day vitamins for Prostate Cancer reaserch. Thome's grandpa had it and beat it, his father has it. Thome said that the program is that One-A-Day will donate $10.00 for every strikeout made this season to research.

To this I said "Jim, just write a check for $50,000, stop trying to use One-A-Day's money."

balke
06-02-2008, 10:27 AM
Mike North was trying to tell a future HOFer how to play baseball for about 5 minutes, constantly asking dumb questions about bunting with the shift.

Mike didn't know that Jim had faced the shift for as long as he had, and I commend Jim for staying on the phone as long as he did. Mike North is an idiot, and the interview showed that. I wouldn't be surprised if Jim only agreed to do the interview if they didn't talk about Ozzie's comments.

champagne030
06-02-2008, 10:40 AM

Nah, the quote wasn't "selfish guy". He was being selfish to his teammates for not taking his free pass. :wink:

Anyway, we were told by a current White Sox player that all ballplayers are selfish - so maybe it's cool......:cool:

spawn
06-02-2008, 10:40 AM
Good for Jim. He doesn't need a dumbass like Mike North baiting him. Kudos to him for not taking it. I'm sure he felt his IQ drop the longer he was on the phone with that waste of air space.

KnightSox
06-02-2008, 10:45 AM
Good for Jim. He doesn't need a dumbass like Mike North baiting him. Kudos to him for not taking it.Where is the love for North, didn't you know that he is a beloved Chicago figure like Jim Belushi and John Cusack?

skottyj242
06-02-2008, 10:46 AM
Mike North was trying to tell a future HOFer how to play baseball for about 5 minutes, constantly asking dumb questions about bunting with the shift.

Mike didn't know that Jim had faced the shift for as long as he had, and I commend Jim for staying on the phone as long as he did. Mike North is an idiot, and the interview showed that. I wouldn't be surprised if Jim only agreed to do the interview if they didn't talk about Ozzie's comments.

I'm guessing he only did the interview if they did talk about his charity drive.

southside rocks
06-02-2008, 10:47 AM
This is kind of OT, sorry, but I heard this morning that AJ is a regular on the Mack Jurko & Harry show on AM1000 this season? I guess AJ had enough of Mike North's garbage too. (Not sayin that MJ&H are any shining lights of journalistic or broadcast excellence, but they're not as blindingly stupid as North is.)

RedHeadPaleHoser
06-02-2008, 11:05 AM
This is kind of OT, sorry, but I heard this morning that AJ is a regular on the Mack Jurko & Harry show on AM1000 this season? I guess AJ had enough of Mike North's garbage too. (Not sayin that MJ&H are any shining lights of journalistic or broadcast excellence, but they're not as blindingly stupid as North is.)

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

gregoriop
06-02-2008, 12:32 PM
Thome is also going to be on First Take (or already was). I saw them talk about it on Mike & Mike this morning as I was getting ready for work.

oeo
06-02-2008, 12:35 PM
Thome is also going to be on First Take (or already was). I saw them talk about it on Mike & Mike this morning as I was getting ready for work.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3422002

It's on the right.

Same old stay positive, we can work out of this from Thome.

BainesHOF
06-02-2008, 05:22 PM
There was nothing wrong whatsoever with asking Thome what he thought about Ozzie's comments.

doublem23
06-02-2008, 05:36 PM

In all seriousness, did anyone see Carlos Pena's attempt to bunt yesterday when the Sox had a mini-shift on? That is why Jim Thome doesn't lay them down. I don't know where this rumor got started that bunting requires no skill and is incredibly easy, but it's really not.

JB98
06-02-2008, 05:36 PM
There was nothing wrong whatsoever with asking Thome what he thought about Ozzie's comments.

Of course not. And there's nothing wrong with Thome refusing to comment either.