PDA

View Full Version : Does Swisher have any options left?

GregO23
06-01-2008, 11:37 PM
May be a dumb question, but he is still pretty young, I just dont know the requirements of him getting sent down to the minors. I think it would be good for him if he were down there for a little, while we brought up owens to hit 9.
1. Cabrera 2. AJP 3. Q 4. Dye 5. Thome 6. Konerko 7. Ramirez 8. Crede 9. Owens.

That lineup would break up Konerko and Crede, and will also bring alot of energy to the table. All this is moot if Swish cant get sent down.

thedudeabides
06-01-2008, 11:43 PM
:popcorn:

thomas35forever
06-01-2008, 11:46 PM
Pass it around, buddy!

GregO23
06-01-2008, 11:51 PM
i dont understand how to figure out if he had enough service time or not. Seems like he would since he has been a regular since 05, but I mean, you never know.

Stringer
06-02-2008, 12:17 AM
lol

GregO23
06-02-2008, 12:37 AM
does anybody know ? or will someone else join in and eat some popcorn.:scratch:

thedudeabides
06-02-2008, 12:40 AM

Swisher is a proven big league player, who is in a slump. Barring injury he will never see the minors again. Give him time.

SkinsDevil
06-02-2008, 02:20 AM
:dtroll:

GregO23
06-02-2008, 02:53 AM
im simply asking if he has options aviable. I would like them to send him down, just so he can figure out whatever he needs to down there while we get some freaking speed up here. I for one do not like slap hitters, but right now we need to do something. I think if we can put Konerko on the DL, or send Swish down, it will be good for the club. Say we put PK on the DL and nick doesnt get his bat stright by then, can we send him down then?? CAN SOMEONE PLEASE ANSWER ME IF HE HAS ANY OPTIONS?!:whiner:

GregO23
06-02-2008, 02:54 AM
by the way, i was one of the people who fell in love with Swisher early, but i can not watch him bat right now. It is brutal(sides that shot that hit the base today)

QCIASOXFAN
06-02-2008, 03:10 AM
im simply asking if he has options aviable. I would like them to send him down, just so he can figure out whatever he needs to down there while we get some freaking speed up here. I for one do not like slap hitters, but right now we need to do something. I think if we can put Konerko on the DL, or send Swish down, it will be good for the club. Say we put PK on the DL and nick doesnt get his bat stright by then, can we send him down then?? CAN SOMEONE PLEASE ANSWER ME IF HE HAS ANY OPTIONS?!:whiner:
No it's a fair question. I think the only way you ever see him down in the minors is if he gets hurt and is there doing a rehab assignment. Believe me, I would like to see something done also but it's just not a reality. No way would Williams send him down. He would get blasted for that and for getting him in the first place. He is a proven player and we have only been playing the season 2 whole months. Just play the song ridin' the storm out everytime he comes to bat and cross your fingers.

GregO23
06-02-2008, 03:12 AM
I know, and he is such a great clubhouse guy, but I want him to find his stroke so much haha, he was becoming one of my favorite sox, and now i dont know if he can get his **** stright. Last year he was struggling early I believe and heated up in June and July so hopefully it happens this year too

Huisj
06-03-2008, 01:01 AM
Here's a questions (don't laugh):

What's Swisher's status as far as options and the minor leagues? Can the Sox do to Swisher what they did to MacDougal each of the last couple of years? Yes, they traded for him as a somewhat established major leaguer making a decent amount of money, and they expected him to produce like one, but he hasn't, so if the option is there, why not use it?

Mod edit: There was already a whole thread devoted to this question. Moved and merged.

Craig Grebeck
06-03-2008, 01:08 AM
Here's a questions (don't laugh):

What's Swisher's status as far as options and the minor leagues? Can the Sox do to Swisher what they did to MacDougal each of the last couple of years? Yes, they traded for him as a somewhat established major leaguer making a decent amount of money, and they expected him to produce like one, but he hasn't, so if the option is there, why not use it?
Because 2 years means a hell of a lot more than 2 months.

CLR01
06-03-2008, 04:52 AM

Yes he has at least one option year left, possibly two depending on when he was added to the A's 40 man. He may have to clear revocable waivers in order to be optioned down because he has 3 years of service time.

btrain929
06-03-2008, 08:08 AM
May be a dumb question, but he is still pretty young, I just dont know the requirements of him getting sent down to the minors. I think it would be good for him if he were down there for a little, while we brought up owens to hit 9.
1. Cabrera 2. AJP 3. Q 4. Dye 5. Thome 6. Konerko 7. Ramirez 8. Crede 9. Owens.

That lineup would break up Konerko and Crede, and will also bring alot of energy to the table. All this is moot if Swish cant get sent down.

Why aren't you asking the same question for Thome and Konerko then? They are all doing about the same thing...