PDA

View Full Version : Should Kenny Trade our First Round Pick?

Vernam
06-01-2008, 10:29 PM
According to the Trib (http://tinyurl.com/4eob69), the Sox are (surprise!) looking at some position players for their #8 pick in the first round. It's been forever since we had a pick that high, but how would you feel if Kenny dealt the pick as part of a package for a solid .300 hitter with a bit of pop who could help breathe life into our offense? Let's face it, we don't have much else of value to trade.

Vernam

FedEx227
06-01-2008, 10:30 PM
If he can change the MLB rules to do that then certainly.

Daver
06-01-2008, 10:30 PM
You can't trade draft picks in baseball.

MCHSoxFan
06-01-2008, 10:31 PM
Never mind.

voodoochile
06-01-2008, 10:32 PM
I voted trade even though I know it's not allowed...

FedEx227
06-01-2008, 10:32 PM
You can't trade draft picks in baseball.

In Kenny I Trust.

btrain929
06-01-2008, 11:04 PM
According to the Trib (http://tinyurl.com/4eob69), the Sox are (surprise!) looking at some position players for their #8 pick in the first round. It's been forever since we had a pick that high, but how would you feel if Kenny dealt the pick as part of a package for a solid .300 hitter with a bit of pop who could help breathe life into our offense? Let's face it, we don't have much else of value to trade.

Vernam

*Queue lady from 40-year-old virgin during the speed-dating scene*

"Are you ****ing retarded?"

Que Mod Edit Guy: That's two violations in one sentence. Not only is it a personal attack, it uses retarded as an insult. Next time you get a week or so to read the board rules.

This isn't the NBA. You can't trade picks. If you could, don't you think you'd hear a ton about picks being traded in the past, oh I don't know, 5-20 years?

doublem23
06-01-2008, 11:11 PM
I voted trade even though I know it's not allowed...

I would love to see KW walk to the podium and announce that the Sox have dealt their 1st round draft pick. It'd be even better than the Berry/Barry thing.

:rolling:

DSpivack
06-01-2008, 11:39 PM
Can he trade the Bulls pick?

thedudeabides
06-02-2008, 12:05 AM
I was really looking forward to the responses in this thread. No offense to the original poster, it was an honest mistake and one day I would love to have a thread discussing what it would be like if draft picks were tradeable.

Vernam
06-02-2008, 12:16 AM
You can't trade draft picks in baseball.Dang, I got giddy after the runaway success of my last poll. :redface:

I should've realized, if Kenny could trade the pick, he would have by now!

Vernam

DSpivack
06-02-2008, 01:27 AM
Dang, I got giddy after the runaway success of my last poll. :redface:

I should've realized, if Kenny could trade the pick, he would have by now!

Vernam

Just imagine if Ditka were a GM...he'd trade an entire draft for Barry (Ricky Williams) Zito!

Vernam
06-02-2008, 02:03 AM
*Queue lady from 40-year-old virgin during the speed-dating scene* Etc.

This isn't the NBA. You can't trade picks. If you could, don't you think you'd hear a ton about picks being traded in the past, oh I don't know, 5-20 years?Not necessarily, since most baseball draft picks are complete unknowns, and the public doesn't give two ****s about the MLB draft.

The word you were looking for is "cue," btw.

Vernam

soxfanreggie
06-04-2008, 12:15 AM
If I'm not mistaken, you could draft someone that a team wanted and then trade that person for who you wanted.

With our results the past 8-10 years, we aren't doing so hot with #1's. If that is any indication of the future, I'd say find a way to "trade" the pick.

Craig Grebeck
06-04-2008, 12:21 AM
If I'm not mistaken, you could draft someone that a team wanted and then trade that person for who you wanted.

With our results the past 8-10 years, we aren't doing so hot with #1's. If that is any indication of the future, I'd say find a way to "trade" the pick.
You can't and it would be insanely inane to trade a top ten pick with the state of our system.

Elephant
06-04-2008, 12:37 AM
Should we? No

Will we? It's impossible

Should we? Hell no

CLOSE THIS.

palehozenychicty
06-04-2008, 10:00 AM
I know that KW would trade it if he could. I'm glad that he can't. You can't keep getting mid-to-lower tier talent on the cheap and be a consistent postseason winner. I know that's where he excels, but you can't give up the chance to acquire young talent. Not in today's market.