PDA

View Full Version : Make Tuesday's Lineup

FGarcia34
06-01-2008, 06:48 PM
If you could fill out the lineup card on Tuesday, what would it look like? Here's mine

Cabrera SS
Ramirez 2B
Quentin LF
Pierzynski C
Dye RF
Crede 3B
Thome DH
Konerko 1B
Anderson CF

Frater Perdurabo
06-01-2008, 06:59 PM
I could live with that.

Soxzilla
06-01-2008, 07:05 PM
1 - Jerry Owens - LF (Is he hurt?)
2 - Orlando Cabrera - 2B
3 - Carlos Quentin - RF
4 - Jermaine Dye - DH
5 - A.J. Pierzynski - C
6 - Joe Crede - 3B
7 - Paul Konerko - 1B
8 - Brian Anderson - CF
9 - Alexei Ramirez - 2B

Faster. Less crappier.

Switch Konerko with Swisher if you please, they both suck.

(Owens couldn't possibly be any worse than Swisher ... and if he is, it wouldn't be like we're missing a ton of production ... or really, any production.)

getonbckthr
06-01-2008, 07:10 PM
1) Ramirez- 2B
2) Cabrera- SS
3) Quentin- LF
4) Dye- RF
5) Swisher- 1B (between Dye and AJ might get him better pitches)
6) AJ- C
7) Thome- DH
8) Crede- 3B
9) Anderson- CF
DL- Konerko ( get right both physically and mentally.)

thomas35forever
06-01-2008, 07:14 PM
SS- Cabrera
2B - Ramirez
LF - Quentin
RF - Dye
DH - Thome
C - Pierzynski
1B - Konerko
3B - Crede
CF - Anderson

MCHSoxFan
06-01-2008, 07:21 PM
1 - Jerry Owens - LF (Is he hurt?)
2 - Orlando Cabrera - 2B
3 - Carlos Quentin - RF
4 - Jermaine Dye - DH
5 - A.J. Pierzynski - C
6 - Joe Crede - 3B
7 - Paul Konerko - 1B
8 - Brian Anderson - CF
9 - Alexei Ramirez - 2B

Faster. Less crappier.

Switch Konerko with Swisher if you please, they both suck.

(Owens couldn't possibly be any worse than Swisher ... and if he is, it wouldn't be like we're missing a ton of production ... or really, any production.)

YEEESSS!!!

Frater Perdurabo
06-01-2008, 07:23 PM
Sorry. Owens just isn't the answer. If he was walking a ton and/or hitting around .300, then I'd promote him. But he's not.

MCHSoxFan
06-01-2008, 07:31 PM
Sorry. Owens just isn't the answer. If he was walking a ton and/or hitting around .300, then I'd promote him. But he's not.

To be honest, I do not think ANYBODY is the answer until the regulars hit like they should and are capable of. I just think Jerry Owens would be the best person to test things out with because of the speed. Other than that, I would say ALL options would really give the SAME results.

areilly
06-01-2008, 07:34 PM
Cabrera - SS
Ramirez - 2B
Quentin - LF
JD - RF
AJP - DH
Crede - 3B
Konerko - 1B
Hall - C
Anderson - CF

I realize this lineup is remarkably low on lefties, but at this point I'm not sure the team is in a position to worry about matchups instead of just hitting the damn ball when it counts. Plus, you know, it's against the Royals.

kevingrt
06-01-2008, 07:39 PM
2B- A. Ramirez
SS- O. Cabrera
C- A. Piersynski
LF- C. Quentin
RF- J. Dye
DH- J. Thome
3B- J. Crede
1B- P. Konerko
CF- B. Anderson

SP- Floyd I think?

This is what I want, but I know I will not get it.

Boondock Saint
06-01-2008, 07:50 PM
SS-OC
2B-Alexei
LF-TCQ
C-AJ
RF-JD
DH-Thome
CF-Anderson
3B-Crede
1B-Swisher

As getonbckthr said, put Konerko on the DL, let Swisher and Thome trade off on 1st, bring up Owens to the bench for pinch running. Putting BA ahead of Crede and Swisher lets them know that they're on thin ice and they will be replaced if they don't start producing SOMEthing.

Frankie5Angels
06-01-2008, 07:51 PM
2B Ramirez
SS Cabrera
LF Quentin
RF Dye
C AJ
DH Hall
3B Crede
CF BA
1B Ozuna

I want a big shakeup. I am sure Ozuna could handle 1b without a problem. Sit Swisher, Thome and DL Konerko. I would try this and see how it went. It couldn't be any wrse than what we are seeing right now. I personally think it would be exciting.

getonbckthr
06-01-2008, 07:56 PM
2B Ramirez
SS Cabrera
LF Quentin
RF Dye
C AJ
DH Hall
3B Crede
CF BA
1B Ozuna

I want a big shakeup. I am sure Ozuna could handle 1b without a problem. Sit Swisher, Thome and DL Konerko. I would try this and see how it went. It couldn't be any wrse than what we are seeing right now. I personally think it would be exciting.
Cant have AJ at Catcher and Hall at DH or vice versa. If the catcher were to get hurt we would lose the DH and the pitcher would need to bat. Now if you were to DH OZuna and and put Hall at 1B.... oh wait :D:

Frankie5Angels
06-01-2008, 08:24 PM
Cant have AJ at Catcher and Hall at DH or vice versa. If the catcher were to get hurt we would lose the DH and the pitcher would need to bat. Now if you were to DH OZuna and and put Hall at 1B.... oh wait :D:
Having the pitcher bat wouldn't be all that bad!!:D: I didn't even think about if AJ were to get hurt, what would happen.:redface: I still would like to see how this lineup would do. Oh well.

gobears1987
06-01-2008, 08:26 PM
Having the pitcher bat wouldn't be all that bad!!:D: I didn't even think about if AJ were to get hurt, what would happen.:redface: I still would like to see how this lineup would do. Oh well.
Buehrle's bat is an improvement over Swisher's. He sure knocked the hell out of that heater at the cell and the ball in San Francisco.

Railsplitter
06-01-2008, 08:40 PM
1b Who
2b What
3b I Don't Know
SS I don't give a damn
LF Why
CF Beacuse
DH Abbot
RF Costello
C Today
P Tommorrow

TomBradley72
06-01-2008, 08:52 PM
SS- Cabrera
2B - Ramirez
LF - Quentin
RF - Dye
C- AJ
1B- Konerko
DH- Thome (PH against LOOGYs)
3B - Crede
CF - Anderson

nug0hs
06-01-2008, 09:08 PM
1b Who
2b What
3b I Don't Know
SS I don't give a damn
LF Why
CF Beacuse
DH Abbot
RF Costello
C Today
P Tommorrow

I'm starting to feel that way too...

KyWhiSoxFan
06-01-2008, 09:50 PM
1A. Fire Walker

1. Ramirez -- 2b
2. Cabrera -- SS
3. AJ -- C
4. Quentin -- LF
5. Dye -- RF
6. Swisher -- 1b
7. Anderson -- CF
8. Crede -- 3b
9. Ozuna -- DH

There, I've gotten both Konerko and Thome on the bench.

JB98
06-01-2008, 10:06 PM
SS- Cabrera
2B - Ramirez
LF - Quentin
RF - Dye
C- AJ
1B- Konerko
DH- Thome (PH against LOOGYs)
3B - Crede
CF - Anderson

This is the lineup I would try also. Capitalize on Ramirez swinging the bat well. Hope he helps set the table in the two spot. Put A.J. in more of an RBI position.

Anderson/Swisher are basically interchangeable in the nine spot as far as I'm concerned. Since BA got two hits in today's game, give him another start Tuesday and a chance to build upon it.

****, anyone who gets a two-hit game right now should stay in the lineup.

btrain929
06-01-2008, 10:07 PM
1) Quentin - SS
2) Quentin - C
3) Quentin - DH
4) Quentin - 1B
5) Quentin - RF
6) Quentin - 3B
7) Quentin - LF
8) Quentin - CF
9) Quentin - 2B

With Javy pitching, of course.

A. Cavatica
06-01-2008, 10:31 PM
Haven't you heard? Big changes are coming.

This can only mean one lineup:

Ichiro - rf
A. Ramirez - 2b
M. Ramirez - dh
Quentin - lf
Rowand - cf
Pierzynski - c
Fields - 1b
Crede - 3b
Cabrera - ss

Unfortunately, because of the trades KW will have to engineer to put this lineup together, Robbie Alomar will be the starting pitcher.

DickAllen72
06-01-2008, 10:52 PM
Cabrera SS
Ramirez 2B
Quentin LF
Dye RF
Pierzynski C
Crede 3B
Thome DH
Anderson CF
Swisher 1B

HawkDJ
06-01-2008, 10:53 PM
No Greg Walker?

CWSpalehoseCWS
06-01-2008, 10:59 PM
1. SS - Cabrera
2. 2B - Ramirez
3. LF - Quentin
4. RF - Dye
5. C - Pierzynski
6. DH - Konerko
7. 3B - Crede
8. CF - Anderson
9. 1B - Swisher

thomas35forever
06-01-2008, 11:04 PM
Haven't you heard? Big changes are coming.

This can only mean one lineup:

Ichiro - rf
A. Ramirez - 2b
M. Ramirez - dh
Quentin - lf
Rowand - cf
Pierzynski - c
Fields - 1b
Crede - 3b
Cabrera - ss

Unfortunately, because of the trades KW will have to engineer to put this lineup together, Robbie Alomar will be the starting pitcher.
I much prefer the Legend of Aaron Rowand to the actual player.

Daver
06-01-2008, 11:05 PM
The WSI consensus from last year is Brian Anderson sucks, so he has to be removed from all line up speculation.

KingXerxes
06-01-2008, 11:12 PM
RF - Ichiro Suzuki
CF - Jay Bruce
LF - Carlos Quentin
3B - Aramis Ramirez
1B - Derek Lee
DH - Adam Dunn
C - Russell Martin
SS - Orlando Cabrera
2B - Alexi Ramirez

Of course this all depends on Kenny Williams making a few moves between now and Tuesday, some of which will involve the trades of Buehrle, Contreras, Vasquez, Danks and Floyd.

Warming up in the bullpen for tonight's game is Mr. Ehren Wasserman.

GET GOING KENNY - WHAT ARE YOU WAITING ON?????

whitesox901
06-01-2008, 11:19 PM
CF - Owens
SS - O-Cab
DH - Quentin
RF - Dye
3B - Crede
C - AJ
1B - Swisher
2B - Ramirez
CF - Anderson

I highly doubt it'll happen, but hey, its all in the name of fun right.

A. Cavatica
06-01-2008, 11:23 PM
CF - Owens
SS - O-Cab
DH - Quentin
RF - Dye
3B - Crede
C - AJ
1B - Swisher
2B - Ramirez
CF - Anderson

I've never seen a team play two centerfielders. It's worth a try.

whitesox901
06-01-2008, 11:25 PM
I've never seen a team play two centerfielders. It's worth a try.

my bad :tongue:, put Owens in left.

Tragg
06-01-2008, 11:29 PM
Richar 2b
Ramirez SS
Dye RF
Quentin LF
Thome DH
Konerko 1B
Anderson CF
AJ C
Crede 3B

Vernam
06-01-2008, 11:40 PM
I'm going to stick with guys on the 25-man roster:

2B Ramirez
SS Cabrera
LF Quentin
RF Dye
C Pierzynski
3B Crede
1B (I'm drawing a blank here. :redneck)
CF Anderson
DH Uribe

Doesn't that Hall guy play a bit of 1B? :duck:

Here's my deep thinking on Uribe. It would look mean to DFA him fresh off the DL, so Ozzie has to find him some ABs without taking Ramirez out of the lineup. As for Juan DHing, I'm for literally anyone there except for Thome.

Vernam

GregO23
06-02-2008, 03:05 AM
SS- Cabrera
2B - Ramirez
LF - Quentin
RF - Dye
DH - Thome
C - Pierzynski
1B - Konerko
3B - Crede
CF - Anderson
too much speed there, i dont understand why we can bat Alexi Ramirez 6 like we did opening day, or even 7

SS Cabrera
C Pierzynski
LF Quentin
RF Dye
DH Thome
2B Ramirez
3B Crede
CF Anderson
1B Swisher(PK on DL...Owens or Fields up)

Stringer
06-02-2008, 05:11 AM
OC

AJ

Quentin

Dye

Thome

Paul

Alexei

Joe

Swish

eastchicagosoxfan
06-02-2008, 06:35 AM
Ozuna 2nd
OC SS
Quentin LF
Dye 1st
AJ Catcher
Crede 3rd
Hall DH
Ramirez Center
Anderson RF

This is a one day line-up. It's utterly impractical two days in a row. Thome showed some life yesterday, but he, Swish and Konerko all need to sit out a game together. Thome is the odd man in, because Hall can't really DH and be the back-up catcher. It's the fastest team the Sox can field.

Hitmen77
06-02-2008, 08:16 AM
Podsednik - LF
Iguchi - 2B
Dye - RF
Konerko - 1B
Everett - DH
Rowand - CF
AJ - C
Crede - 3B
Uribe - SS

CF - Owens
SS - O-Cab
DH - Quentin
RF - Dye
3B - Crede
C - AJ
1B - Swisher
2B - Ramirez
CF - Anderson

I think we should go with an all-hyphen name lineup::tongue:

SS - O-Cab
2B - Lex-Ram
LF - C-Quen
RF - J-Dye
C - AJ
1B- P-Kon
DH - J-Tho
3B - J-Cred
CF - B-And

Benched: N-Swish

We'd have a little more flexibility if Owens and Richar hit well enough in Charlotte to warrant a promotion (Ramirez in CF and Richar at 2B). I think we're stuck with 2 of our biggest deadweights right now (Konerko and Thome) and our success this year is going to depend on whether they can snap out of it. If they're finished, then it'll be a very frustrating summer.

DumpJerry
06-02-2008, 10:02 AM
1. Garr (speed)
2. Fox (OBP)
3. Zisk
4. Gamble
5. Podsednik (pop in the middle)
6. Allen
7. Fisk
8. Spencer
9. Dent

They can play whatever position they want since there is some doubling up going on here.

russ99
06-02-2008, 10:03 AM
1. Ramirez - 2B
2. Cabrera - SS
3. Swisher - 1B
4. Quentin - RF
5. Dye - DH
6. A.J. - C
7. Crede - 3B
8. Anderson - CF
9. Owens - LF

Owens up, Paulie on DL, Thome given a day off. With Thome at DH, then whichever of Owens/Anderson hits, stays in the lineup.

balke
06-02-2008, 10:12 AM
Here's a question for you: When do you give up on Owens developing as a player? I think he'd make a better bench option right now than Wise. I don't think Owens is going to crack the majors as a .300 hitter who swipes 50. I think that dream is over for the most part. So, why not have a decent option with speed coming off the bench?

Wise is hitting .000 so far. And with Ozzie he's going to get playing time, he needs to be replaced.

Daver
06-02-2008, 10:14 AM
Here's a question for you: When do you give up on Owens developing as a player? I think he'd make a better bench option right now than Wise. I don't think Owens is going to crack the majors as a .300 hitter who swipes 50. I think that dream is over for the most part. So, why not have a decent option with speed coming off the bench?

Wise is hitting .000 so far. And with Ozzie he's going to get playing time, he needs to be replaced.

Wise was DFA'ed Saturday.

balke
06-02-2008, 10:24 AM
Wise was DFA'ed Saturday.

My bad, thanks. So Uribe is back. I'm guessing the change Ozzie really wants is related to that then. I expect them to make roster room for someone soon, either via Konerko, Juan, BA, or Alexei.

TomBradley72
06-02-2008, 10:42 AM

Owens is a 27 y.o. prospect hitting .237 at AAA. He is NOT the answer to our problems on offense. With his wuss arm, he also hurts our overall outfield defense.

If Richar comes around, maybe he replaces Uribe on the roster, and we get a little speed off the bench that way.

TomBradley72
06-02-2008, 10:45 AM
My bad, thanks. So Uribe is back. I'm guessing the change Ozzie really wants is related to that then. I expect them to make roster room for someone soon, either via Konerko, Juan, BA, or Alexei.

Why would you move Alexei? I could seek DLing Konerko or releasing Uribe. I'm a fan of BA...so I'd keep him around...he's had some big hits and he's playing great defense.

Madvora
06-02-2008, 10:47 AM
2B Ramirez
SS Cabrera
LF Quentin
RF Dye
C Pierzynski
3B Crede
1B (I'm drawing a blank here. :redneck)
CF Anderson
DH Uribe

Hey we have Jeff Leifer (http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?n=Jeff%20Liefer&pos=&sid=t494&t=p_pbp&pid=150325) in the minors again!

balke
06-02-2008, 10:50 AM
Why would you move Alexei? I could seek DLing Konerko or releasing Uribe. I'm a fan of BA...so I'd keep him around...he's had some big hits and he's playing great defense.

I agree. I don't want him going anywhere. I just think usually when Ozzie complains its because he wants speed in the lineup. And with his history that means Anderson goes down, even though I think he's one of the few guys coming up with RBI's in RISP situations.

turners56
06-02-2008, 11:03 AM
1. SS Cabrera R - Improving
2. 1B Swisher S - Crap
3. RF Dye R - Meh
4. LF Quentin R - Best bet for runs
5. DH Thome L - Crap
6. 3B Crede R - Meh
7. C Pierzynski L - Second best hitter on the team right now
8. CF Anderson R - Good D and better than PK or Swish
9. 2B Ramirez R - Getting there at an extreme rate

I'd like to see the lineup balanced a bit more, have a guy down in the order like A.J. who is hitting and use Ramirez as a second lead off hitter in the 9th hole. Move Swisher up to second so he can finally see some fastballs, make him agressive, and make use of his grounders to the right side. Quentin in the 4th spot means more men on base for him, it can also mean him leading off the 2nd inning, but he has a bunch of lead-off homers (at this point, you take any amount of runs you can get). Put Dye in the 3rd hole where he succeeded in 05. Move Thome up because he has been hitting the ball a little better. Most importantly, split up the bad hitters. I put Konerko out simply because he's playing like crap.

Bill Naharodny
06-02-2008, 11:17 AM
1) Ramirez- 2B
2) Cabrera- SS
3) Quentin- LF
4) Dye- RF
5) Swisher- 1B (between Dye and AJ might get him better pitches)
6) AJ- C
7) Thome- DH
8) Crede- 3B
9) Anderson- CF
DL- Konerko ( get right both physically and mentally.)

As opposed to the pitches right down the middle that he takes for called 3rd strikes?

:redface:

soxfandy
06-02-2008, 02:37 PM
1. Cabrera- SS
2. Swisher- 1B
3. Quentin- LF
4. Dye- RF
5. AJ- C
6. Alexei- 2B
7. Paulie- DH
8. Crede- 3B
9. BA- CF

I don't mind this line-up. To me you have to seperate the slow guys. You can't have a combination of Dye, AJ, Paulie, Crede, and Thome batting one after the other. I left Thome out of the lineup because I think he is absolutely terrible.

I hope by batting Swisher second he will get more balls to drive or atleast get on base for TCQ. With JD and AJ batting 4 and 5 that puts our two best contact hitters in a situation to drive some runs in. By batting Alexei ahead of PK and Crede I hope to get him more fastballs (and he can hit the fastball). Then I hope to get PK and Crede back on track. By batting BA 9th we get some speed down there and put him in a very low pressure situation and get him some AB's and who knows what he could do if he plays everyday.

Pinar_del_Rio_WS
06-02-2008, 03:57 PM
Other choice could be calling 3 or 4 of the former team mates of Alexei from Pinar del Rio baseball club: Peraza (C, 1B, DH), Padron (OF, 1B), Duarte (3B) and Valido (CF) Im sure U can get all of them for a copule of USD millions.

Surely they have the same will to play that Ramirez has.

btrain929
06-02-2008, 04:06 PM
Other choice could be calling 3 or 4 of the former team mates of Alexei from Pinar del Rio baseball club: Peraza (C, 1B, DH), Padron (OF, 1B), Duarte (3B) and Valido (CF) Im sure U can get all of them for a copule of USD millions.

Surely they have the same will to play that Ramirez has.

LOL I'm sure they'll get right on that. Having will is all fine and dandy, but Swisher has a lot of will, but isn't bringing much to our offense. We need mashers, especially when people are on base.

PeoriaSoxFan
06-02-2008, 05:57 PM
Swisher 1st base (started year off hot in leadoff spot, .400 2/5 vs. Zach G.)
Cabrerra SS (2/6 vs ZG)
Quentin LF
Dye RF (.348 vs. ZG)
Thome DH (3/10 vs. ZG with 2 HRs)
Crede 3rd (.429 vs. ZG)
AJ C (.308 vs. ZG)
Ramirez CF (hitting the ball well now, maybe flip flop as leadoff hitter. My only thought with Swisher is maybe a return to leadoff would shock his system)
Uribe (.313 vs. ZG. We have to play him again sometime)

Bench Konerko (3 for 28 lifetime vs. ZG)

whitesox901
06-02-2008, 06:00 PM
Cabrerra SS (2/6 vs ZG)
Quentin LF
Dye RF (.348 vs. ZG)
Crede 3rd (.429 vs. ZG)
AJ C (.308 vs. ZG)
Ramirez CF (hitting the ball well now, maybe flip flop as leadoff hitter. My only thought with Swisher is maybe a return to leadoff would shock his system)

I like it!

BeeBeeRichard
06-02-2008, 06:27 PM
Kosher Dog
Beer
Nachos
Beer
Beer
Slice of Pizza
Beer
Beer
Churros

Bench:
Popcorn
Lemon Chill
Vodka & Lemonade
Polish Sausage

DFA:
Dippin' Dots

turners56
06-02-2008, 07:02 PM
Cabrerra SS (2/6 vs ZG)
Quentin LF
Dye RF (.348 vs. ZG)
Crede 3rd (.429 vs. ZG)
AJ C (.308 vs. ZG)

You also forgot that Swisher struggled like crazy in the leadoff spot.

Daver
06-02-2008, 07:11 PM

Ramirez plays CF like my ass chews gum too, but no need to nitpick.

SoxGirl4Life
06-02-2008, 07:14 PM

But he hasn't *not* struggled out of the leadoff spot. I like Ramirez for leadoff. I was impress with his road trip.

turners56
06-02-2008, 08:40 PM
But he hasn't *not* struggled out of the leadoff spot. I like Ramirez for leadoff. I was impress with his road trip.

Keep Cabrera where he is, until he stops hitting, keep him there. Right now, he is hitting a hell of a lot better.

DickAllen72
06-02-2008, 08:40 PM
After thinking the situation over, I think Ozzie should put his three .200 hitters at the bottom of the order for a while. So I would go:

Cabrera SS
Ramirez 2B
Quentin LF
Dye RF
Pierzynski C
Crede 3B
Thome DH
Konerko 1B.
Swisher CF.

turners56
06-02-2008, 08:46 PM
After thinking the situation over, I think Ozzie should put his three .200 hitters at the bottom of the order for a while. So I would go:

Cabrera SS
Ramirez 2B
Quentin LF
Dye RF
Pierzynski C
Crede 3B
Thome DH
Konerko 1B.
Swisher CF.

And have 3 automatic out? That's like wasting 3 innings. Split up the bad hitters, that's the best way to handle this.

soltrain21
06-02-2008, 08:52 PM
LOL I'm sure they'll get right on that. Having will is all fine and dandy, but Swisher has a lot of will, but isn't bringing much to our offense. We need mashers, especially when people are on base.

We don't need mashers. We need people who won't swing at bad pitches and will take it opposite field if they have to.

DickAllen72
06-02-2008, 08:52 PM
And have 3 automatic out? That's like wasting 3 innings. Split up the bad hitters, that's the best way to handle this.
You mean the way it has worked over the past few days?

Lukin13
06-02-2008, 08:53 PM
Swisher 1B
Cabrera
Thome
Quentin
Dye
AJ
Alexei
Crede
Anderson

PK to the DL
Uribe to the DFA
Chris Getz to the Big Club
Josh Fields to the Big Club

Please turn it around Swish, that will let OCab bat where he should be most effective.

If Alexei can do the little things, like hit the right side when necessary, lay down a bunt, and go deeper in the count leave him be. Otherwise, platoon him with Getz.

Give Paulie two weeks off; When he gets back, if Dye, Thome and Crede are all healthy, one must go. If one is beat up move him to the DL. Can't have all of them in the lineup anymore.

Fields starts at DH against all LH SP
Fields starts a game a week at 1B.
Fields starts a game a week at 3B.
He bats 8th in the lineup, shift all others up.

Lets Go White Sox.

DickAllen72
06-02-2008, 09:24 PM
Swisher 1B
Cabrera
Thome
Quentin
Dye
AJ
Alexei
Crede
Anderson

I never, ever want to see Thome batting third again.

soxfandy
06-02-2008, 10:48 PM
I never, ever want to see Thome batting third again.

I agree...Thome can bat third in somebody elses line-up...in our line-up I do not want to even see him in the top 6 of the order...he is nothing but a rally killer...also I like getting tcq the ab over thome in the 9th...Thome is not clutch at all.

ChiTownTrojan
06-03-2008, 12:37 AM
Cabrera - SS
Ramirez - 2B
Quentin - LF
Dye - RF
AJP - C
Crede - 3B
Anderson - CF
Swisher - 1B
Ozuna - DH

PK to the DL, call up a 1B or outfielder (not Owens). I'd like to see Fields at DH/1B/3B, but I know it's not gonna happen.

Bucky F. Dent
06-03-2008, 07:07 AM
Cabrera SS
Ramirez 2B
Quentin LF
Dye RF
Pierzynski C
Crede 3B
Leifer DH
Swisher 1B
Anderson CF

Put Konerko on the DL, call up Leifer, let Thome sit for a few days.

KyWhiSoxFan
06-03-2008, 08:25 AM
Put Konerko on the DL, call up Leifer, let Thome sit for a few days.

Put Konerko on the DL, call up Eldred, let Thome sit for a few weeks.

doublem23
06-03-2008, 08:34 AM
Brad Eldred... Jeff Liefer... Wow.

oeo
06-03-2008, 08:41 AM

No one ever said it had to improve the team. Hell, while we're at it, do we still have Craig Wilson?

sox1970
06-03-2008, 11:13 AM
SS Cabrera
2B Ramirez
LF Quentin
RF Dye
C Pierzynski
3B Crede
DH Thome
CF Anderson
1B Swisher

Scottiehaswheels
06-03-2008, 11:17 AM
Ramirez
Cabrera
Dye
Quentin
A.J.
Crede
Anderson
Thome
Swisher

turners56
06-03-2008, 11:48 AM
You mean the way it has worked over the past
few days?

If you ask me, Konerko and Thome were still batting right next to each other. Not to mention Swisher was one batter behind Konerko the entire series.

The Milkman
06-03-2008, 12:16 PM
Alexei 2B
Cabrera SS
TCQ LF
AJ C
Dye RF
Crede 3B
Jim Thome's Corpse DH
BA CF
The ghost of Paul Konerko 1B

Carolina Kenny
06-03-2008, 12:37 PM
Ramirez
Cabrera
Dye
Quentin
A.J.
Crede
Anderson
Thome
Swisher

I think Ozzie should do the famous "inverted lineup" which has been know to really shack things up. The "inverted lineup" would be:

Swisher
Thome
Anderson
Crede
AJ
Quention
Dye
Cabrera

This line up would still be capable of losing a 4-3 game which illustrates that what the lineup is really doesn't matter as much as having "some hitters" whol can drive in runs.

AzureJazzMan
06-03-2008, 01:14 PM
This should be the lineup today, if Ozzie really wants to mess with the line up...

1. Ramirez (2nd Base)
2. Anderson (CF)
3. Quentin (LF)
4. Dye (RF)
5. Pierzynski (C)
6. Cabrera (SS)
7. Hall (1st Base)
8. Crede (3rd Base)
9. Ozuna (DH)

Beyond that...There should be bunts leading off the first three innings, and as soon as the first man is on base (in every inning) call for a steal, regardless of who it is.
IMHO The message should be sent...(and hopefully received)

soltrain21
06-03-2008, 01:28 PM

I'm sure they both could hit over .210.

VeeckAsInWreck
06-03-2008, 01:29 PM
This should be the lineup today, if Ozzie really wants to mess with the line up...

1. Ramirez (2nd Base)
2. Anderson (CF)
3. Quentin (LF)
4. Dye (RF)
5. Pierzynski (C)
6. Cabrera (SS)
7. Hall (1st Base)
8. Crede (3rd Base)
9. Ozuna (DH)

Beyond that...There should be bunts leading off the first three innings, and as soon as the first man is on base (in every inning) call for a steal, regardless of who it is.
IMHO The message should be sent...(and hopefully received)

We all know what happened when he played there in spring training last year.

Also, Anderson should not be in any of the top 7 spots in the lineup.

ike from nj
06-03-2008, 01:45 PM
ramirez 2b
cabrera ss
quentin lf
dye rf
crede 3b
pierzynski c
anderson cf
thome dh
swisher 1b

no matter how you slice it, way too plodding.

White City
06-03-2008, 01:56 PM
Ramirez 2B
Cabrera SS
Quentin LF
Dye RF
Swisher 1B
AJ C
Crede 3B
Anderson CF
Hall DH

Paulie rests for a few more days; Thome and Uribe available to (EDIT: pinch hit) if we need to move Hall to C; Thome also is a big bat off the bench but gets the message -- shape up or get waived.

soxfanatlanta
06-03-2008, 02:09 PM
Bugs Bunny.

turners56
06-03-2008, 02:16 PM
Hall at first base would actually be interesting xD. Paulie hasn't been real good fielding over there lately, I say, WHY NOT?

oeo
06-03-2008, 02:28 PM
Hall at first base would actually be interesting xD. Paulie hasn't been real good fielding over there lately, I say, WHY NOT?

Well, one reason is that the last time he played 1B, he screwed up his shoulder...which he is just now recovering from.

There are others too. Like, he can't move behind the plate, so how is he going to move at 1B. And it's not as if he's tearing the cover off the ball, anyway.

VeeckAsInWreck
06-03-2008, 02:30 PM
Raines LF
Cora 2B
Thomas 1B
Franco DH
Ventura 3B
Jackson RF
Johnson CF
Karkovice C
Guillen SS

Alvarez P

Scottiehaswheels
06-03-2008, 02:32 PM
Raines LF
Cora 2B
Thomas 1B
Franco DH
Ventura 3B
Jackson RF
Johnson CF
Karkovice C
Guillen SS

Alvarez PHe won the World Series and invented a time machine?! AWESOME! :D: Why not just go back to '05 and not.. what '91? '92?

MCHSoxFan
06-03-2008, 02:32 PM
Raines LF
Cora 2B
Thomas 1B
Franco DH
Ventura 3B
Jackson RF
Johnson CF
Karkovice C
Guillen SS

Alvarez P

YEEESSS!!! :cool:

turners56
06-03-2008, 02:39 PM
Raines LF
Cora 2B
Thomas 1B
Franco DH
Ventura 3B
Jackson RF
Johnson CF
Karkovice C
Guillen SS

Alvarez P

Ozzie will go out there himself and prove make Kenny look like an idiot!

sox1970
06-03-2008, 02:39 PM
Here's the White Sox's lineup for Tuesday night's game with Kansas City:
Cabrera ss
Pierzynski c
Quentin lf
Konerko 1b
Thome dh
Dye rf
Swisher cf
Crede 3b
Ramirez 2b

turners56
06-03-2008, 02:40 PM
Well, one reason is that the last time he played 1B, he screwed up his shoulder...which he is just now recovering from.

There are others too. Like, he can't move behind the plate, so how is he going to move at 1B. And it's not as if he's tearing the cover off the ball, anyway.

He's not tearing the cover off the ball, but he's hitting, something 5 hitters in the current Sox lineup aren't doing real well.

VeeckAsInWreck
06-03-2008, 02:43 PM
He won the World Series and invented a time machine?! AWESOME! :D: Why not just go back to '05 and not.. what '91? '92?

That lineup I put up was from '94. And it beats our current lineup. Speed at the top, Frank in his prime. Franco who had a great year followed by everyone's favorite Robin Ventura.

I would love to see some speed in our lineup.

RockyMtnSoxFan
06-03-2008, 02:45 PM
1. Ramirez, 2B
2. Cabrera, SS
3. Quentin, LF
4. Dye, RF
5. Pierzynski, C
6. Crede, 3B
7. Swisher, 1B
8. Anderson, CF
9. Ozuna, DH

Both Paulie and Thome get some time off to clear their heads, rest, and recover. We have our best semblance of speed from spots 9, 1, and 2, right ahead of Quentin, so maybe he can have some RISP. AJ at no. 5 because he's been hitting (compared to most of the team) lately, and makes pretty good contact.

turners56
06-03-2008, 02:45 PM
Here's the White Sox's lineup for Tuesday night's game with Kansas City:
Cabrera ss
Pierzynski c
Quentin lf
Konerko 1b
Thome dh
Dye rf
Swisher cf
Crede 3b
Ramirez 2b

So that's the big change Ozzie made? Pfft...
Is this official or are you just making this up? Cause I want a source to see if it's true.

sox1970
06-03-2008, 02:47 PM
So that's the big change Ozzie made? Pfft...
Is this official or are you just making this up? Cause I want a source to see if it's true.

Mark Gonzalez' blog

turners56
06-03-2008, 02:49 PM
Mark Gonzalez' blog

Ozzie has disappointed me. Putting this lineup back to its old self probably won't help.

whitesoxfan
06-03-2008, 02:52 PM
Maybe Walker's getting canned.

turners56
06-03-2008, 02:54 PM
Maybe Walker's getting canned.

That would be a nice change.

ike from nj
06-03-2008, 03:36 PM
this is a joke...that's how he shakes up the lineup. same tired bats with same results especially against greinke.

ms620
06-03-2008, 03:41 PM
this is a joke...that's how he shakes up the lineup. same tired bats with same results especially against greinke.

He is using their best options. The only possible replacement I would suggest is Fields at DH instead of Thome.

ike from nj
06-03-2008, 03:42 PM
He is using their best options. The only possible replacement I would suggest is Fields at DH instead of Thome.
trouble is...fields is not on the team.

ms620
06-03-2008, 03:44 PM
trouble is...fields is not on the team.

That is true. But what I am saying is most of their best options are already on the roster. Like I said, the only change that I think would potentially help them in the long run would be to bring up Fields, and test him DH. If Konerko and THome do not start hitting, it will be very dificult for the Sox to win teh division. With that being said, I am fairly confident that they will both show great improvement the rest of the way.

ike from nj
06-03-2008, 03:46 PM
That is true. But what I am saying is most of their best options are already on the roster. Like I said, the only change that I think would potentially help them in the long run would be to bring up Fields, and test him DH. If Konerko and THome do not start hitting, it will be very dificult for the Sox to win teh division. With that being said, I am fairly confident that they will both show great improvement the rest of the way.
tonight's lineup is possibly the slowest lineup in the history of major league baseball!

turners56
06-03-2008, 03:50 PM
IMO, having Fields down in AAA to start the season was a mistake in the first place.

Daver
06-03-2008, 03:52 PM
IMO, having Fields down in AAA to start the season was a mistake in the first place.

Yeah, he'd be much better off sitting on the bench keeping Ozuna company.

turners56
06-03-2008, 04:00 PM
Yeah, he'd be much better off sitting on the bench keeping Ozuna company.

Better than him sucking it up and getting injured in AAA. If I remember correctly, Carlos Quentin also warmed the bench until the second week of the season.

DumpJerry
06-03-2008, 04:48 PM
Better than him sucking it up and getting injured in AAA. If I remember correctly, Carlos Quentin also warmed the bench until the second week of the season.
TCQ had four at-bats in the third game of the season (April 3rd). It was also the Sox' first win.

Tragg
06-03-2008, 04:52 PM
Carlos Quentin also warmed the bench until the second week of the season.
It was the third game, but
Quentin - Ramirez
Quentin - Owens
Quentin-Ramirez
Who's the best hitter?...tough call.

doublem23
06-03-2008, 04:54 PM

Maybe he's sucking it up in AAA becuase he indeed, sucks.

turners56
06-03-2008, 04:56 PM
Quentin - Ramirez
Quentin - Owens
Quentin-Ramirez

Huh? Why did you put Ramirez's name twice there? :scratch:

Who knows, maybe if Fields was up here, he replaces Jim Thome when we play lefties, that will give him some at bats.

turners56
06-03-2008, 04:57 PM
Quentin - Ramirez
Quentin - Owens
Quentin-Ramirez

Did you really think of him as a great player though? I think he might of went 1-4 against Cleveland in that third game. He didn't become the real full-time starter until the very end of the Tigers series.