Harry Potter
06-01-2008, 04:24 PM
I'd rather not

Madvora
Absolutely pathetic.

hi im skot
Nick Swisher is becoming my least favorite White Sox player of all-time.

Dude is worthless.

gogosox16
06-01-2008, 04:25 PM
:angry::angry:that was absolutely pathetic:angry::angry:

itsnotrequired
I'm hoping a nice stretch of home games turns things around. The Sox have the fewest home games of any team in the majors.

Navarro's Talent
Actually, I'd rather not talk about it.

Oh okay, just one thing: Swisher is bad.

jabrch
How is 13 hits "Corpseball"?

mccoydp
****ing pitiful performance today. Total ****.

DoItForDanPasqua
06-01-2008, 04:26 PM
During Swisher's last AB the only hope was for a walk or hit by pitch. There was no ****ing chance that he could drive that run in.

TheOldRoman
Clearly, Walker isn't the problem. I think the players are pressing too much worrying about their play costing Walker his job. The only solution is to give Walker a contract extension immediately. That will cure all our problems.

JohnnyInnsbrook
Pile of suck...thank you for wasting my Sunday afternoon.

turners56
I haven't been this pissed about a loss for a long time. We had 2 golden opportunities to push across at least one and we waste them all, it wasn't that we hit balls right at people, they were anemic outs, especially in the 5th. Absolutely disgusting. Minnesota is probably going to end up winning and we'll be only one game up. I don't know what's so great about this Rays team, it might as well be that we suck when it comes to hitting under pressure. :angry:

gobears1987
Nick Swisher needs to stop doing the ****ing worm and start hitting the ****ing ball.

Hawk is even getting frustrated with this ****.

On the bright side Buehrle looked good. Hopefully he can build off this.

whitesox901
Swisher needs to become a Knight for a bit, Hoping June turns this around, this is sad, ****.

Frater Perdurabo
I'd rather not

Me neither. I think I'll go gag myself.

Sox offense = :whoflungpoo

MCHSoxFan
I Want 2007 White Sox!!! Go To Hell!!! Twins Are Gonna Win Becuase They Are Up 4-1. Now, We Have To Hear The Cubs Won They Are Sooo Good A Week Sweep Of The N.l. Bull Crap. Btw, Sox Lost Another Game. Go To Hell Csn!!!
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/images/misc/progress.gif

HOW ABOUT WE WIN @ HOME YOU IDIOTS!!! OMG!!! THE FREAKIN ROYALS @ THE CELL!!!! I AM GOONA BE THERE 6/3 & 6/5. THEN, 2/3 FOR MIN. I AM GONNA BE GOING NUTS. THEY HAVE GO TO HEAR IT. I AM GONNA BOOO AND YELL!!!

RTI_SoxFan

Because, those 13 hits only resulted in 3 runs. They can get hits, just not when they count.

How are we in first? Thanks for sucking rest of the AL Central!

popilius
06-01-2008, 04:27 PM
I think Hawk was right when he said this LOB situation is getting OBSCENE.

:scratch:

hi im skot
I haven't been this angry after a game in a long time.

Tragg
13 hits and only 3 runs...that's the problem; veterans continue to leave runners on 3rd with under 2 out.
We lost all 3 games basically the same way, 2 in walkoff fashion.

kingpin_rcs
Lost 3 winnable games in a row. May is over, how about some home games now.

turners56

We scored 3 runs! 3! 3 runs on 13 hits is atrocious.

Plus, since when did Gabe Gross become so damn good? How the hell did Thornton make an 0-2 mistake? :angry:

btrain929
During Swisher's last AB the only hope was for a walk or hit by pitch. There was no ****ing chance that he could drive that run in.

That's probably exactly what he was thinking, too, and why he went down looking.

pmck003
I will now refer to Swisher as Moneyball

WSox597
It is difficult to watch a guy who hit 35 HRs two years ago seemingly lose it overnight. And what, 20 something last year?

Hard to believe somebody so young, could go so bad, so fast.

His at-bats are painful to watch. Hopefully he'll get better.

Crede is having a really bad run at the plate too. Some are hit right at people, some are just flat out bad. Perhaps he's in some discomfort?

hi im skot
06-01-2008, 04:28 PM
I Want 2007 White Sox!!! Go To Hell!!! Twins Are Gonna Win Becuase They Are Up 4-1. Now, We Have To Hear The Cubs Won They Are Sooo Good A Week Sweep Of The N.l. Bull Crap. Btw, Sox Lost Another Game. Go To Hell Csn!!!

HOW ABOUT WE WIN @ HOME YOU IDIOTS!!! OMG!!! THE FREAKIN ROYALS @ THE CELL!!!! I AM GOONA BE THERE 6/3 & 6/5. THEN, 2/3 FOR MIN. I AM GONNA BE GOING NUTS. THEY HAVE GO TO HEAR IT. I AM GONNA BOOO AND YELL!!!

Just when I feel like I've lost it, MCH comes through again.

Unlike our offense.

itsnotrequired

:rolling:

turners56
I almost forgot to mention this, WHERE THE **** WAS CARLOS QUENTIN IN THE 10TH INNING? WHERE? God, Ozzie, nice brain cramp.

TheOldRoman
Nick Swisher needs to stop doing the ****ing worm and start hitting the ****ing ball.

Hawk is even getting frustrated with this ****.

On the bright side Buehrle looked good. Hopefully he can build off this.In what way is going only 6 innings and giving up 3 runs good? It isn't terrible, but it's far from good.

kingpin_rcs
Next series, KC, MIN, DET, COL and PIT. Only one team over .500 in the bunch (MIN).

Frater Perdurabo
If I were a Sox pitcher, I'd want to hurl a few beanballs at Sox hitters. The hitting is atrocious.

DoItForDanPasqua
06-01-2008, 04:29 PM
That's probably exactly what he was thinking, too, and why he went down looking.

Then he should have leaned into one. Preferably with his head.

RTI_SoxFan

Your posts really are annoying! I understand you are upset, but are all the caps and !!!!! really necessary.

Boondock Saint
Son of a bitch.

Great job pissing it away yet again, guys. This ****ing sucks. We have pitching that's good enough to give us the best record in baseball, but our hitters have seemed to have developed the rare muscle disease, "Suck at hitting the goddamned ball".

gobears1987
I will now refer to Swisher as MoneyballI'll join you on that one.

CHISOXFAN13
Nicest day of the year and I waste it wathcing this crap.

Simply craptacular.

veeter
06-01-2008, 04:30 PM
The obvious blame goes to the offense. But I don't see the Sox ever having that extra ingredient to win it all anymore, because of Guillen. Ozzie has given up managing. Yes, he fills out the line-up card, but it ends there. Where was Carlos? Who called for the breaking ball, to a guy who couldn't hit Matt's fastball? We never hit and run. We never steal. Alexi Ramirez is the only player showing any instincts for playing the game of baseball. And he's a player that Guillen doesn't like defensively. Ozzie right now is bad, Jerry Manuel bad.

btrain929

Looks like someone's 10 year old sister got ahold of the keyboard....

turners56
Carlos Quentin to pinch hit for Swish in the 10th anyone?

hi im skot
The obvious blame goes to the offense. But I don't see the Sox ever having that extra ingredient to win it all anymore, because of Guillen. Ozzie has given up managing. Yes, he fills out the line-up card, but it ends there. Where was Carlos? Who called for the breaking ball, to a guy who couldn't hit Matt's fastball? We never hit and run. We never steal. Alexi Ramirez is the only player showing any instincts for playing the game of baseball. And he's a player that Guillen doesn't like defensively. Ozzie right now is bad, Jerry Manuel bad.

:?:

itsnotrequired
06-01-2008, 04:31 PM
It is difficult to watch a guy who hit 35 HRs two years ago seemingly lose it overnight. And what, 20 something last year?

Crede is having a really bad run at the plate too. Some are hit right at people, some are just flat out bad. Perhaps he's in some discomfort?

This is a lot like Konerko in 2003. He hit 32 HRs in 2001, 27 in 2002 and then only 18 in 2003. Then in 2004, he clubbed 41.

Too early to give up the ghost on Swisher but he has definitely not been performing.

btrain929
06-01-2008, 04:31 PM
Son of a bitch.

Great job pissing it away yet again, guys. This ****ing sucks. We have pitching that's good enough to give us the best record in baseball, but our hitters have seemed to have developed the rare muscle disease, "Suck at hitting the goddamned ball".

You forgot the "itis" at the end of the disease.

oeo
06-01-2008, 04:32 PM
Actually, I'd rather not talk about it.

Oh okay, just one thing: Swisher is bad.

<insert name != Quentin> is bad.

Swisher wasn't the only one with a shot. Crede had a guy on third with 1 out. Konerko had him on second with no one out. And this was just the 10th inning...

Are they still pressing? Is that still their crappy excuse? The pitching staff has to be perfect with every pitch, in every ****ing inning, and the offense is pressing?

Tragg
I will now refer to Swisher as Moneyball
Moneyball traded him.
We took him, in return for 3 of the organization's top 5 prospects.

veeter

Crede is having a really bad run at the plate too. Some are hit right at people, some are just flat out bad. Perhaps he's in some discomfort?Roids?

DoItForDanPasqua

Replace "Moneyball" with the only clutch hitter on the team. Come on.

itsnotrequired
Next series, KC, MIN, DET, COL and PIT. Only one team over .500 in the bunch (MIN).

And four of those series are at home.

Time to put up or shut up.

Soxfest
I hate Greg Walker fire his ass it is 2 years coming. Walker is NOT and has NOT done the job period!:angry:

LoveYourSuit
06-01-2008, 04:33 PM
Well we all know Swisher sucks, enough already. Why they continue to trot his ass out there is beyond me. We are getting the Uribe treatment with this clown, just ram him down the fans throat till we turn blue.

As for Crede, enough with the label of "Mr Clutch." He can't even get a ball in the air ...*** :angry:

I can't wait for this offense to be blown up ... Crede, Cabrera, Uribe, Thome, Konerko, SWISHER... I want them all out of here next year. I don't care what Thome did today (as some smart ass will point in on the next response), I want this offensive crap all gone ASAP.

ArkanSox
What a demoralizing loss...

I'm gonna take a day off with the Sox and then come back and beat up on the Royals. Better days ahead. :gulp:

october23sp
God damnit i hate Swisher

itsnotrequired
Moneyball traded him.

One of which is now going under the knife.

:shrug:

turners56
What I don't get is how we can't even hit sacrifice flies. This team loves popping up. But when there's runners on, oh damn, they love hitting grounders and striking out. *Sigh, I haven't felt this bad about this team since Toronto. I guess they just suck in domes. :whiner:

nvc1019
Thanks for the GREAT clutch hitting and execution today!!! It's getting OLD fast... :angry::angry::angry:

itsnotrequired
06-01-2008, 04:34 PM
Well we all know Swisher sucks, enough already. Why they continue to trot his ass out there is beyond me. We are getting the Uribe treatment with this clown, just ram him down the fans throat till we turn blue.

As for Crede, enough with the label of "Mr Clutch." He can't even get a ball in the air ...*** :angry:

I can't wait for this offense to be blown up ... Crede, Cabrera, Uribe, Thome, Konerko... I want them all out of here next year. I don't care what Thome did today (as some smart ass will point in on the next response), I want this offensive crap all gone ASAP.

Ah, timeless...

chisoxfanatic

Someone get this guy and bafiarocks03 together!

I'm not mad...This is gotten to the point that this offense is just LAUGHABLE! They're doing THAT horribly!

Swisher might be a good clubhouse guy; but, the guy cannot hit a ball off a friggen tee!

hi im skot

I can't wait for this offense to be blown up ... Crede, Cabrera, Uribe, Thome, Konerko... I want them all out of here next year. I don't care what Thome did today (as some smart ass will point in on the next response), I want this offensive crap all gone ASAP.

Oooh, another epic post.

MCH vs. LoveYourSuit...WHOYAGOT?!?

MCHSoxFan
Wow. The Sox are sooo bad people are talking smack about my posts.

veeter
:?:You think Ozzie's doing a good job?

btrain929
Moneyball traded him.

A slaphitter on the DL, a pitcher enjoying Tommy John surgery, and a middle/back end of the rotation lefty.

I'll get over it...

RockJock07
Painful, no words really can describe what the hell I just watched for the 3 past games. They had a chance to SWEEP these guys, at worst they should have slipt. The problem with these series is that it was very emotionally draining. Hell it was hard on us as fans to know that we were in every game and to lose 3 of 4 is just a kick in the pants.

Dye, Konerko, Crede, Swisher= real bad, something must be done right away.

One positive note, ARam needs to be this teams 2nd baseman, not just for the offense but he makes plays that uribe can't. Josh Fields needs to be up here today.

turners56
Replace "Moneyball" with the only clutch hitter on the team. Come on.

You mind tealing that in case of confusion?

Tragg
06-01-2008, 04:35 PM
The pitchers pitched well overall; but in the clutch, way too many gopherballs given up.

MCHSoxFan
Oooh, another epic post.

MCH vs. LoveYourSuit...WHOYAGOT?!?

I still think I got MORE passion.

popilius
This is the most openly frustrated I've seen Bill Melton, as judged from the post game show on CSN. Painful weekend, this was. :(:

RTI_SoxFan
06-01-2008, 04:36 PM
Wow. The Sox are sooo bad people are talking smack about my posts.

At least you stopped using CAPS!

LoveYourSuit
Roids?

don't say that.... I took heat for bringing this up on the other thread.

But yes, I beleive in ROIDS for this clown.

The Immigrant
A stunning lack of offensive execution and a total waste of a Sunday afternoon. 2/3rds of our lineup remain pull only, HR or nothing swingers whose ABs result in an inordinate amount of weak popups and groundouts to the left side. If that's not the hitting coach's fault, then we need a serious change in personnel that will result in a change of this mindset. Someone should seriously tell Crede that it is okay to hit the ball up the middle or the other way.

btrain929

I can't wait for this offense to be blown up ... Crede, Cabrera, Uribe, Thome, Konerko, SWISHER... I want them all out of here next year. I don't care what Thome did today (as some smart ass will point in on the next response), I want this offensive crap all gone ASAP.

Sure he can. It just never goes further than, oh, 110 ft.

RockJock07
06-01-2008, 04:37 PM

I thought about that but I stopped myself because TCQ needs to rest and because Ozzie needs to send a message to the rest of the team to tell them that they need to pick themselves up.

oeo
In what way is going only 6 innings and giving up 3 runs good? It isn't terrible, but it's far from good.

When you have to be perfect at every pitch, it's pretty good.

I've got a bad feeling that everything is going to blow up again because the pitching staff isn't getting any support. The starters and the bullpen have to be perfect because they know if they give up a run, that might be the ballgame.

hi im skot
You think Ozzie's doing a good job?

How the **** do you blame Ozzie for this?

People were crying in the gamethread for not pinch-hitting TCQ for Anderson late in the game. Anderson stays in and makes a great catch.

Ozzie manages the bullpen well today. Thornton pitches a solid 9th, and as for the 10th...well, I gave up after we fail to bring in a runner from third with less than two outs.

There's no way in hell Ozzie gets the blame on this one.

itsnotrequired
I still think I got MORE passion.

SHOW THE SWAGGER

roadrunner

Agreed - such an obvious candidate. After watching him play the only question I have left about the swish is whether he is more pud or more assclown.

Wait - another swish commercial and my question is answered.

JB98
06-01-2008, 04:38 PM
Shameful and embarrassing.

Thanks for ruining my weekend, Sox.

turners56
How about that 5th inning eh? 3 sluggers come up and fail to hit the ball 200 feet after Sonnastine got clubbed by the 3 previous, 10 homer hitters. Seriously, a day without Carlos Quentin in the lineup is a day in hell for the Sox.

Soxman219
I don't want to talk about this game but I leave with this.

The minute Crede was out I knew this game was over. If I were any Sox pitcher right now, I would be cussing a storm at everyone but TCQ and Ramirez, who had a good series by the way.

itsnotrequired

I think KW is on roids.

Also, I heard he just got Flowmaster on his ride. Stay tuned...

INSox56
06-01-2008, 04:39 PM
****ing pathetic. Pretty sure over the last two years we have to lead the majors in runners left on third with less than two outs. Absolutely pathetic. Any other team a runner on third and one out is nearly an automatic run. White Sox? I am surprised when they DO score that runner.

veeter
How the **** do you blame Ozzie for this?

People were crying in the gamethread for not pinch-hitting TCQ for Anderson late in the game. Anderson stays in and makes a great catch.

Ozzie manages the bullpen well today. Thornton pitches a solid 9th, and as for the 10th...well, I gave up after we fail to bring in a runner from third with less than two outs.

There's no way in hell Ozzie gets the blame on this one.I asked, do you think Ozzie's doing a good job?

oeo
If I were a Sox pitcher, I'd want to hurl a few beanballs at Sox hitters. The hitting is atrocious.

It's not so much the hitting right now. They had what, 13 hits today?

It's hitting with guys on (specifically in scoring position) that is the problem. They can't do it. Quentin is the only one that's done it consistently this year.

RTI_SoxFan
How about that 5th inning eh? 3 sluggers come up and fail to hit the ball 200 feet after Sonnastine got clubbed by the 3 previous, 10 homer hitters. Seriously, a day without Carlos Quentin in the lineup is a day in hell for the Sox.

They couldn't even hit it that far! But I get your point. Pathetic.

hi im skot
06-01-2008, 04:40 PM
I asked, do you think Ozzie's doing a good job?

I think my post answers your question, but just to be clear, yes.

turners56
I don't want to talk about this game but I leave with this.

The minute Crede was out I knew this game was over. If I were any Sox pitcher right now, I would be cussing a storm at everyone but TCQ and Ramirez, who had a good series by the way.

I had a feeling they were going to walk us off again, Gabe Gross was my candidate to do so because he hit a 2 run triple earlier. But when Thornton had him 0-2, I thought I was going to be wrong. But, Matt decided it was smart to sneak a fastball by a hitter in protect mode. :whiner:

Corlose 15
http://prblog.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/ralphie_1.jpg
"Son of a bitch!"

JB98
06-01-2008, 04:41 PM

And if that's the case, this ballclub isn't going anywhere. You can't win with only one clutch hitter, regardless of how good your pitching is.

Seriously, if Dye GIDPs in the fifth inning, we score a fourth run and win this game.

Boondock Saint
I asked, do you think Ozzie's doing a good job?

In all fairness to Ozzie, last year when the bullpen couldn't get an out, many people called out Ozzie for poor bullpen management. You don't hear it this year, as the pen is getting the job done. I think that you can't blame Ozzie for the guys at the plate not driving runs in.

RockJock07
This team has to makes strides this month or else they may not win the division. It's time to beat up on bad teams. I expect sweeps vs KC, COL and PIT.

veeter
06-01-2008, 04:42 PM
I think my post answers your question, but just to be clear, yes.Fair enough. I say no overall. He's done well with the bullpen. Otherwise, he just watches the game like you or me.

Sockinchisox
So can we promote our draft pick right to the Majors on Thursday? (half teal)

JB98
I had a feeling they were going to walk us off again, Gabe Gross was my candidate to do so because he hit a 2 run triple earlier. But when Thornton had him 0-2, I thought I was going to be wrong. But, Matt decided it was smart to sneak a fastball by a hitter in protect mode. :whiner:

Actually, that was a hanging slider. Thornton sped Gross's bat up right there.

hi im skot
In all fairness to Ozzie, last year when the bullpen couldn't get an out, many people called out Ozzie for poor bullpen management. You don't hear it this year, as the pen is getting the job done. I think that you can't blame Ozzie for the guys at the plate not driving runs in.

How dare you...thinking rationally.

btrain929

It was an 0-2 hanging 85 MPH breaking ball right down the middle.

turners56
It's not so much the hitting right now. They had what, 13 hits today?

It's hitting with guys on (specifically in scoring position) that is the problem. They can't do it. Quentin is the only one that's done it consistently this year.

Maybe Carlos needs to call a team meeting and lecture his veteran teammates as to how to hit with men on base. It's like the guys on base distract our big and powerful hitters so that they don't hit the ball. Better tell O-Cab and Pablo to stop leaping around on base so they don't distract Dye, Thome, Konerko, and Crede.

soxinthecity
06-01-2008, 04:43 PM
It's all about Discipline. Game after game they stand there and just let good pitches go right by, while they chase after all the crap. It's as if they just want there pitch or else?
Get two strikes on J.D. and give him something away and he's swinging. You can't blame coaches for this, it's all on the players.

turners56
It was an 0-2 hanging 85 MPH breaking ball right down the middle.

Well, that's even worse. I heard it on the radio, from the sound of it, it seemed like a fastball.

veeter
I had a feeling they were going to walk us off again, Gabe Gross was my candidate to do so because he hit a 2 run triple earlier. But when Thornton had him 0-2, I thought I was going to be wrong. But, Matt decided it was smart to sneak a fastball by a hitter in protect mode. :whiner:I was a weak breaking ball that allowed him to hit it.

DickAllen72
06-01-2008, 04:44 PM
13 hits and only 3 runs...that's the problem; veterans continue to leave runners on 3rd with under 2 out.
We lost all 3 games basically the same way, 2 in walkoff fashion.
The Sox offense is a joke--and not a funny one--and has been since the first couple of months of 2006. Their offense is offensive to anyone who appreciates situational hitting and clutch hitting.

The only way the Sox have a shot at winning anything is if the pitching continues at this almost unbelieveable rate. You can't count on that mythical day when Thome, Konerko, and Dye all start hitting at the same time because that hasn't really happened before.

Anyone beginning to wonder if it's more than a coincidence that Thome, Konerko and Swisher suddenly can't hit as well ever since they started cracking down on PEDs?

kittle42
06-01-2008, 04:44 PM
Shameful and embarrassing.

Thanks for ruining my weekend, Sox.

That's really about all that needs to be said.

With the steaming pile of **** opponents coming up, the Sox better win, say 14 of the next 18.

Corlose 15
06-01-2008, 04:45 PM
And if that's the case, this ballclub isn't going anywhere. You can't win with only one clutch hitter, regardless of how good your pitching is.

Seriously, if Dye GIDPs in the fifth inning, we score a fourth run and win this game.

Bingo. This team is going nowhere until those guys get going.

itsnotrequired
With the steaming pile of **** opponents coming up, the Sox better win, say 14 of the next 18.

Even if they do, there will still be bitching.

JB98
Fair enough. I say no overall. He's done well with the bullpen. Otherwise, he just watches the game like you or me.

In fairness to Ozzie, every time he puts on a hit-and-run or calls for a sacrifice bunt, it backfires miserably.

The offensive execution is LAUGHABLE in ALL AREAS. If I were managing the Sox, I wouldn't trust these guys enough to put a play on either.

Boondock Saint
06-01-2008, 04:46 PM
How dare you...thinking rationally.

My bad. My postgame thread gland must be out of whack.

oeo
Agreed - such an obvious candidate. After watching him play the only question I have left about the swish is whether he is more pud or more assclown.

This is typical of the people at WSI. Not everything is so black and white. Just because you're over 30 and struggling, doesn't mean your career is over. Just because you played in the bay area, and are now struggling, does not mean you took steroids. Just because we won 8 games in a row does not mean we're going to the playoffs. Just because we lost a few in a row, does not mean the season is over.

Should I go on? There's a lot more examples.

Swisher just isn't seeing the ball well, for whatever reason. Dye looked the same way last year in the first half. It's funny how two months ago, this guy was treated like Carlos Quentin is now. Today, it's obvious he took steroids.

The Immigrant

Yeah, but at least we'll have you to keep us in line.

kittle42
06-01-2008, 04:47 PM

I'll take bitching when this team is playing well over well-founded bitching.

itsnotrequired
Yeah, but at least we'll have you to keep us in line.

My power over the masses is waning.

thomas35forever
I officially think Swisher sucks. Then again, so does this offense. PATHETIC. Something needs to happen. Someone needs to go. I don't care who. Bench Swisher. Release Thome. Send someone down to the minors. We're not going anywhere with this offense.:angry:

Harry Potter
Anyone beginning to wonder if it's more than a coincidence that Thome, Konerko and Swisher suddenly can't hit as well ever since they started cracking down on PEDs?

Is that you, Steve Rosenbloom?

RockJock07
You really do have to wonder what has happened to these guys. I would never have thought that Konerko, thome, or even swisher were on something but with this era we can't assume anything. It doesn't help that these guys have put up huge numbers and now are hitting around .200.

Lip Man 1
06-01-2008, 04:48 PM
Hey let's be 'OPTIMISTIC" everybody.

At least they won A game! (With this offense that's something to shout about...)

Lip

veeter

With the steaming pile of **** opponents coming up, the Sox better win, say 14 of the next 18.This is the exact feeling after going 0-6 on that road trip. The ship got righted, and all was well. The schedule is coming into our favor. It's just the WAY they lose that drives everyone here bonkers. If you scripted a game to piss you off to the highest degree, these losses are it.

JB98
Well, that's even worse. I heard it on the radio, from the sound of it, it seemed like a fastball.

Nope. Hanging slider, up, middle in. He threw it right into Gross's bail. If the ball were down or on the outside corner, it's probably a strikeout.

That's the only pitch Gross could have hit in that count. I don't necessarily object to calling a slider. A fastball would have been better, but a well-executed slider probably would have gotten the out. Just a big mistake by Matt. We are so bad offensively we can't afford ANY mistakes by our pitchers.

manders_01
06-01-2008, 04:49 PM
I'm going to make myself very unpopular right here: the ONLY thing wrong with our club is the inability to get runners in. Period. There are unfortunately a few guys in a hitting slump that is causing some heartburn but they will come out of it. They've all been there before. So has just about every other batter in MLB. The make up of this team is such that we are still winning because the other components of this team have stayed strong. It's great that KW was able to compile a team that allows us to have some problems in areas and still come away with W's. It's June 1st; being in first is great but it's not a requirement. Scheduling for the playoffs does not start tomorrow.

Today was a tough loss but I saw a lot of positives: MB pitched himself out of a jam more than once, double digit hits, some great catches in the OF. Although I was disappointed when the game was over, I wasn't angry in the least. I doesn't seem warranted to me. Worst of all, coming into the post game threads is what makes my head want to explode. Everyone's so angry, saying how much our team sucks. They are miles away from sucking. I know this is way to much to ask, but it'd be nice if everyone could take a moment before freaking out and remember where we were a year ago. Sorry to rant like this but everyone's bagging on the team is what's pathetic.

Thanks for the season thus far Sox; keep adding to that win column. GO SOX!!! :bandance:

QCIASOXFAN
It's how they lose games that gets me.:(:

thomas35forever
One other thing: I slacked on studying for finals for this?

DickAllen72
I almost forgot to mention this, WHERE THE **** WAS CARLOS QUENTIN IN THE 10TH INNING? WHERE? God, Ozzie, nice brain cramp.
It's never a good thing to lose in extra innings while your best hitter by far is left sitting on the bench---especially after your worst hitter just left the go ahead run on third base in the tenth.

JB98
06-01-2008, 04:52 PM
I officially think Swisher sucks. Then again, so does this offense. PATHETIC. Something needs to happen. Someone needs to go. I don't care who. Bench Swisher. Release Thome. Send someone down to the minors. We're not going anywhere with this offense.:angry:

We just don't have any other options. Swisher is getting a lot of blame in this thread, and it's hard to argue. I mean, he took strike three right down the middle in the 10th. It was like he was looking for a walk. No confidence whatsoever.

But it was Dye, Thome and Konerko who screwed the pooch in the fifth inning. And it was Crede who really choked in the 10th, not Swisher. The Tampa infield was in. Joe could have delivered the winning run without the benefit of a base hit. He blew it.

Just pick up the damn easy RBIs, and the Sox take three of four this weekend. They don't even have to do anything spectacular. Just simple execution, and we'd be looking at a 5-2 trip instead of 3-4.

turners56
It's never a good thing to lose in extra innings while your best hitter by far is left sitting on the bench---especially after your worst hitter just left the go ahead run on third base in the tenth.

Especially when those two guys played the same position, Ozzie wouldn't of wasted any players if he did pinch hit for him. I guess Ozzie thought this game was going beyond the 10th inning...

Jerko

I agree Kittle, but I'm sure we'll "tip our caps" to at least one pitcher each from the Royals and Rockies, and the Pirates have about 34 garbage ball throwing lefties on their staff. It won't be as "easy" as it should.

Soxman219
06-01-2008, 04:53 PM

Could that even be promised? The offense is so bad right now it's not funny anymore. Losses like this weekend feel like the Sox will never win again. When I saw the Sox were up 3-1 I was happy and thought they would probably split this series, but next inning when the Rays tied it I felt like they were going to lose. Until I see the Sox up by 8 runs in a game, I'm on the edge of my seat.

DickAllen72
06-01-2008, 04:54 PM
Is that you, Steve Rosenbloom?
:rolleyes:

turners56
06-01-2008, 04:55 PM
We just don't have any other options. Swisher is getting a lot of blame in this thread, and it's hard to argue. I mean, he took strike three right down the middle in the 10th. It was like he was looking for a walk. No confidence whatsoever.

But it was Dye, Thome and Konerko who screwed the pooch in the fifth inning. And it was Crede who really choked in the 10th, not Swisher. The Tampa infield was in. Joe could have delivered the winning run without the benefit of a base hit. He blew it.

Just pick up the damn easy RBIs, and the Sox take three of four this weekend. They don't even have to do anything spectacular. Just simple execution, and we'd be looking at a 5-2 trip instead of 3-4.

I really don't blame Swisher as much as some people are (he did have a hit today and scored a run), but I was extremely pissed at Dye for not being able to hit a ball out of the infield with a man on 3rd. You can't leave it up for Thome and Konerko, because both of those guys are slow (leaving a chance for the double play) and they aren't hitting. Thome did have a couple of nice hits today and he played his ass off, but the least productive hitter out of all of those in question today is either Dye or Konerko. And I would obviously say Dye because he failed to execute. At least Konerko's fly ball could of gotten a runner in, but oh wait, it was with 2 outs. :angry:

Boondock Saint
06-01-2008, 04:56 PM
You know what's even more infuriating about this? We could have won every game this series and we ended up losing 3. Now every national media outlet (and some local ones) are going to have stories about how the Rays are for real and that the Sox aren't as good as their record, even though we outplayed them the entire damned series.

kittle42
06-01-2008, 04:57 PM
Could that even be promised? The offense is so bad right now it's not funny anymore. Losses like this weekend feel like the Sox will never win again. When I saw the Sox were up 3-1 I was happy and thought they would probably split this series, but next inning when the Rays tied it I felt like they were going to lose. Until I see the Sox up by 8 runs in a game, I'm on the edge of my seat.

I know, I know. It is a sad state of affairs when the opponent goes up 1-0, and you're already thinking "Let's get 'em tomorrow."

I could easily see the great Dumatrait and Gorzelanney shutting down our awesome hitters.

JB98
06-01-2008, 04:58 PM
I really don't blame Swisher as much as some people are (he did have a hit today and scored a run), but I was extremely pissed at Dye for not being able to hit a ball out of the infield with a man on 3rd. You can't leave it up for Thome and Konerko, because both of those guys are slow (leaving a chance for the double play) and they aren't hitting. Thome did have a couple of nice hits today and he played his ass off, but the least productive hitter out of all of those in question today is either Dye or Konerko. And I would obviously say Dye because he failed to execute. At least Konerko's fly ball could of gotten a runner in, but oh wait, it was with 2 outs. :angry:

It was great to see Thome push it and take the extra base there in the 10th. I was hoping that would get the club fired up for a good offensive inning.

Guess not.

kittle42
06-01-2008, 04:59 PM
You know what's even more infuriating about this? We could have won every game this series and we ended up losing 3. Now every national media outlet (and some local ones) are going to have stories about how the Rays are for real and that the Sox aren't as good as their record, even though we outplayed them the entire damned series.

Amen. Could have been 3-1, 4-0 sweep easily, and instead we come back tails between legs. Thank god tomorrow is an off day - I really need a break from this for a day.

chisoxmike
I expect sweeps vs KC, COL and PIT.

That will not happen.

roadrunner
This is typical of the people at WSI. Not everything is so black and white. Just because you're over 30 and struggling, doesn't mean your career is over. Just because you played in the bay area, and are now struggling, does not mean you took steroids. Just because we won 8 games in a row does not mean we're going to the playoffs. Just because we lost a few in a row, does not mean the season is over.

Should I go on? There's a lot more examples.

Swisher just isn't seeing the ball well, for whatever reason. Dye looked the same way last year in the first half. It's funny how two months ago, this guy was treated like Carlos Quentin is now. Today, it's obvious he took steroids.

So typical of people at WSI - failure to acknowledge something obvious about a baseball player simply because he is currently wearing a White Sox uniform.

I have no idea what you think was going on about two months ago and how that relates to anything about Carlos Quentin but I was never impressed with
career batting average.

As far as I am concerned, almost any player that experienced such a significant and obvious drop in production after the crackdown on PEDs is a legitimate suspect.

JB98
I know, I know. It is a sad state of affairs when the opponent goes up 1-0, and you're already thinking "Let's get 'em tomorrow."

I could easily see the great Dumatrait and Gorzelanney shutting down our awesome hitters.

Don't forget Paul Maholm and Zach Duke.

RockJock07
06-01-2008, 05:00 PM

We joke, but in reality this could really happen.

Jerko
06-01-2008, 05:00 PM
That fifth inning killed us, but they left a guy on 3rd with nobody out that inning as well. My 2 main peeves came out that inning; giving runs right back after we score, and getting smoked by the bottom of the order.

MCHSoxFan
06-01-2008, 05:02 PM
I'll take bitching when this team is playing well over well-founded bitching.

Why are you a White Sox fan, again?

turners56
That fifth inning killed us, but they left a guy on 3rd with nobody out that inning as well. My 2 main peeves came out that inning; giving runs right back after we score, and getting smoked by the bottom of the order.

I almost feel sorry for Buehrle, the two hits he gave up before the triple Gross hit were duck snorts that landed in the right place.

The Immigrant
:rolleyes:

It's just a liiiiittle over the top to suggest that Paul Konerko ever used PEDs, unless you count Propecia. He's in no worse of a slump now than he was in 2003.

Thome is simply getting up there in age and is in the sunset of his career. He's no smaller now than he's been since 2002, it's just that he's lost some of his bat speed. Guys like Hafner and V. Martinez, who are both 30-40 pounds lighter than last year, are who I peg as former PED users.

Swisher is in a massive funk right now, but I do remember him hitting the ball extremely well to start the season. So, unless he just got off the juice in early May, your theory doesn't make a whole lot of sense. He's dealing with a new team and a new city for the first time in his career (not to mention being asked to play CF), and he is, after all, the same age as BA. Perhaps his sophomore slump just came a year later than expected.

DickAllen72
06-01-2008, 05:03 PM
It was great to see Thome push it and take the extra base there in the 10th. I was hoping that would get the club fired up for a good offensive inning.

Guess not.
Yep. Thome deserves credit for his effort today.

That's one of the things that is so frustrating--one of their underachievers finally comes through and they still can't take advantage of it.

oeo
06-01-2008, 05:04 PM
As far as I am concerned, almost any player that experienced such a significant and obvious drop in production after the crackdown on PEDs is a legitimate suspect.Could it be that his power numbers dropped from being in a weaker lineup last year? Whether he took them or not, it's not so obvious like you're making it out to be. He's not hitting anything right now. Do steroids help you with the ability to actually put bat to ball? If that's the case, any of us could be rolling in money right now as professional baseball players.

It's not like he's constantly putting good wood on the ball, and the ball is just not getting out. Most of the time, he's just not making solid contact. That must have been steroids that helped him through his baseball life before. He has no ability, it was all PEDs.

RockJock07
06-01-2008, 05:04 PM
So typical of people at WSI - failure to acknowledge something obvious about a baseball player simply because he is currently wearing a White Sox uniform.

I have no idea what you think was going on about two months ago and how that relates to anything about Carlos Quentin but I was never impressed with
career batting average.

As far as I am concerned, almost any player that experienced such a significant and obvious drop in production after the crackdown on PEDs is a legitimate suspect.

Great Post. Every player in this era is a suspect to PED's. Hardly any of our guys were mentioned in the mitchell report but that's doesn't mean anything. That may mean that they were smart about it, not flaunting it all over the clubhouse.

turners56
06-01-2008, 05:05 PM
And the Twins are knocking on the door, now just one game back.

Soxman219
06-01-2008, 05:05 PM

Don't forget the unknown hitters like Luis Rivas who could go 4 for 4. Seriously, it's time for them to start with RISP. I don't care how it happens, just score runs damnit!

RockJock07
06-01-2008, 05:08 PM
It's just a liiiiittle over the top to suggest that Paul Konerko ever used PEDs, unless you count Propecia. He's in no worse of a slump now than he was in 2003.

Thome is simply getting up there in age and is in the sunset of his career. He's no smaller now than he's been since 2002, it's just that he's lost some of his bat speed. Guys like Hafner and V. Martinez, who are both 30-40 pounds lighter than last year, are who I peg as former PED users.

Swisher is in a massive funk right now, but I do remember him hitting the ball extremely well to start the season. So, unless he just got off the juice in early May, your theory doesn't make a whole lot of sense. He's dealing with a new team and a new city for the first time in his career (not to mention being asked to play CF), and he is, after all, the same age as BA. Perhaps his sophomore slump just came a year later than expected.

Konerko then had back to back 40+ HR season so take that for what it is.

The Immigrant
06-01-2008, 05:12 PM

I'll take it to mean that he's a talented headcase who has an off year every once in a while. If you are taking it to mean that Konerko used steroids from 2004-2006, then please come out and say that so I can use it as my new signature - because it will be the most ridiculous ****ing thing I will have read at WSI.

DrCrawdad
06-01-2008, 05:12 PM
I'm very happy the Sox are in first. I'm extremely happy with our starting pitchers. But the Sox are frustrating. It's frustrating to see so many runners left in scoring position. And the GIDP are frustrating too (although today the Sox did not hit into any).

With the starting pitching that we've seen from the Sox, we should be increasing our lead not treading water or in the case today, losing ground.

Jerome
06-01-2008, 05:13 PM
Swisher needs some PEDs

I thought this guy was (maybe) gonna be an all star for us this year when the trade was made :whiner:

doublem23
06-01-2008, 05:14 PM

Guys definitely don't peak when they're 28 and 29 years old unless they've been hitting the juice. :rolleyes:

ArkanSox
06-01-2008, 05:15 PM

Guess not.

Ha, Thome definitely had me pumped up at the time.

Note to self: bet the under versus KC.

roadrunner
06-01-2008, 05:18 PM
Could it be that his power numbers dropped from being in a weaker lineup last year?

Please explain what this means.

Whatever it means, I would have expected Swisher's power numbers and numbers overall to increase this year from hitting in a stronger overall lineup and from moving from one of the worst hitter's parks to one of the best hitter's parks.

That, combined with his obvious complete lack of power (you prefer to call it not making good contact) is arguably suspicous and undeniably alarming.

kitekrazy
06-01-2008, 05:20 PM
Yep. Thome deserves credit for his effort today.

That's one of the things that is so frustrating--one of their underachievers finally comes through and they still can't take advantage of it.

If you can't score a runner from 2nd to open the inning then they don't deserve to win. This is what happens when you lack situational hitting.

DickAllen72
06-01-2008, 05:21 PM
If you can't score a runner from 2nd to open the inning then they don't deserve to win.
Agreed.

alohafri
06-01-2008, 05:21 PM
Right now, I don't see much difference between Nick Swisher and Jamie Navarro, Todd Ritchie, or Royce Clayton. Do us a favor, pretend that you are hurt and go on the DL for 15 days...get your head on straight if it is a mental thing.

How long do we let Konerko and Thome try to come out of their season long slumps before just moving them? It is June 1 for crying out loud, and both are barely above the Mendoza line! I know we aren't going to get anything for them, but my God...they are killing us. (as is the rest of our station-to-station offense)

Madscout
06-01-2008, 05:24 PM
Amen. Could have been 3-1, 4-0 sweep easily, and instead we come back tails between legs. Thank god tomorrow is an off day - I really need a break from this for a day.

It could have been a sweep easy for a lot of teams that these guys have played this year, but they haven't been. They have lost 3 sereies at home, and have only been swept in a 2 game series against the yankees. Give the Rays some credit, they are a good team.

We were happy to come out of LA with 2 out of 4, lets be happy that we were in every game here. I'm willing to bet with the bullpen we have, many of these games will start to go our way, and that's all we need.

oeo
06-01-2008, 05:24 PM
Please explain what this means.

No protection in the lineup = not as many balls to hit out.

Whatever it means, I would have expected Swisher's power numbers and numbers overall to increase this year from hitting in a stronger overall lineup and from moving from one of the worst hitter's parks to one of the best hitter's parks.I don't see a link between last year and this year. His power numbers took a hit last year, while everything is taking hit this year. And while his homerun numbers went down last year, he also hit more doubles, and cut down on the strikeouts. It's not like everything else stayed the same, and he just saw an immense drop in the homeruns.

kittle42
06-01-2008, 05:25 PM
Why are you a White Sox fan, again?

Wait, wait...you had a rant post about how you were going to go to the park and boo them, and you're calling out *my* fandom? I think you must have misunderstood something I wrote.

LITTLE NELL
06-01-2008, 05:25 PM
21 men LOB today, I wonder if we broke the record.

Lip Man 1
06-01-2008, 05:26 PM
The Sox allow Tampa nine runs in four games and lose three of them.

Is it possible this offense is worse then last year's?

It's not the "weather" folks, and Greg Walker may only be a part of the problem, how much I don't know, but ultimately it's up to the players to produce.

They haven't for a year and a half minimum.

The problem is what in reality can Kenny do about it on June 1st?

Lip

Frater Perdurabo
06-01-2008, 05:27 PM
I think it's as ridiculous to hypothesize that Paulie was using PEDs as it is to blame his lack of production on the rest of the offense failing to produce.

Paulie is what he's always been. He sucks for months at a time, and he's pretty good for months at a time. He has great years (like 2002 and especially 2006) when he has more good months than bad, and bad years (like 2003 especially but also 2007) when he has more bad months than good. His typical season has two crappy months, two great months, and two average months.

It's time for Paulie to get hot. He's a better hitter at the Cell (.919 OPS 2005-2007) and he's best in June (.951 OPS last three years). No more excuses from him.

Frankie5Angels
06-01-2008, 05:30 PM
Guillen has enough after loss

link

http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune....en-has-eno.html (http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports_hardball/2008/06/guillen-has-eno.html)

JB98
I think it's as ridiculous to hypothesize that Paulie was using PEDs as it is to blame his lack of production on the rest of the offense failing to produce.

Paulie is what he's always been. He sucks for months at a time, and he's pretty good for months at a time. He has great years (like 2002 and especially 2006) when he has more good months than bad, and bad years (like 2003 especially but also 2007) when he has more bad months than good. His typical season has two crappy months, two great months, and two average months.

It's time for Paulie to get hot. He's a better hitter at the Cell (.919 OPS 2005-2007) and he's best in June (.951 OPS last three years). No more excuses from him.

Or anyone else. I'm tired of this ****. Quentin and Pierzynski are the only two everyday players who are exempt from my **** list at this point.

RockJock07
I'll take it to mean that he's a talented headcase who has an off year every once in a while. If you are taking it to mean that Konerko used steroids from 2004-2006, then please come out and say that so I can use it as my new signature - because it will be the most ridiculous ****ing thing I will have read at WSI.

As I've said on this site and even this thread, in this era of baseball and in conjuction with massive dropoffs in performance, no player, including Konerko should not be considered to have used PED's.

Could it be a down year, sure, could be, but with PED's running throughout baseball don't be such a homer that you let it blind you to what has gone on in baseball for the last 10 years maybe even more.

If you would like to put that in your sig, be my guest.

chisoxmike
06-01-2008, 05:31 PM
21 men LOB today, I wonder if we broke the record.

I didn't see the game today. You can't be serious. 21? Is that total for both teams or just the Sox? If thats for the Sox, that's pretty ****ing inept. How is that even possible?

JB98
06-01-2008, 05:34 PM
I didn't see the game today. You can't be serious. 21? Is that total for both teams or just the Sox? If thats for the Sox, that's pretty ****ing inept. How is that even possible?

Actually, they stranded nine.

They had first-and-third, no outs in the fifth with Dye, Thome and Konerko coming up. They failed to score. Three straight pop-ups.

Thome hit a leadoff double in the 10th. Konerko advanced pinch-runner Ozuna to third with one out. Crede and Swisher failed to knock him in.

That's the two-cent synopsis of the incompetence.

LITTLE NELL
06-01-2008, 05:34 PM
That was the Sox. Go to ESPN White Sox Box Score. Looking at it again they add up what each player LOB and total that. It is a little misleading since the Rays did not walk anyone today to add to our 13 hits.

Jerko
06-01-2008, 05:35 PM

Per player I would guess. Dye, Thome, and Konerko all left the same 2 guys on. In reality, that is 2 LOB, but counts as 6 in the individual stats.

voodoochile
06-01-2008, 05:36 PM
That was the Sox. Go to ESPN White Sox Box Score.

No, the team didn't leave the bases loaded in 7 innings today.

That's the total LOB of all the players collectively. Many of those players left the same men on base like in the 5th when Dye, Thome and konerko all left the same 2 men on base. That's 6 of the 21 the players LOB and 2 of the actual 9 the team LOB today.

Lip Man 1
06-01-2008, 05:38 PM
The White Sox left ten men on base according to the box score at their web site.

21 is a tad ludicrous, even for this bunch.

Veeter:

Ozzie is probably a part of this but keep this in mind. How many times over the off season was he quoted as saying he was tired of strike outs, tired of waiting for a home run.

Ozzie can only work with what he is given and these guys can not execute Ozzie-Ball. Even if, like last year, Ozzie wants to go to it more, these guys are incapable of bunting, stealing bases, hitting the other way, advancing runners. Remember last year he was quoted as saying he'd like to do that more but these guys can't get it done.

So what is he to do? You can't turn station to station, home run or nothing, beer league softball-like hitters into the reincarnation of the 59 or 67 White Sox.

Lip

chisoxmike
06-01-2008, 05:38 PM
Per player I would guess. Dye, Thome, and Konerko all left the same 2 guys on. In reality, that is 2 LOB, but counts as 6 in the individual stats.

No, the team didn't leave the bases loaded in 7 innings today.

That's the total LOB of all the players collectively. Many of those players left the same men on base like in the 5th when Dye, Thome and konerko all left the same 2 men on base. That's 6 of the 21 the players LOB and 2 of the actual 9 the team LOB today.

Thanks. I knew this team was incompetent, but I didn't think it was that bad.

The Immigrant
06-01-2008, 05:40 PM
Could it be a down year, sure, could be, but with PED's running throughout baseball don't be such a homer that you let it blind you to what has gone on in baseball for the last 10 years maybe even more.

You have absolutely no clue about what PEDs are or what effect they have on the human body. If you did, you would realize how ridiculous it is to intimate that Paul Konerko used PEDs at any point in his career. It is also the lowest form of character assassination in today's sports environment.

So you can take your ridiculous insinuations and crawl right back under your rock.

TomBradley72
06-01-2008, 05:48 PM
Or anyone else. I'm tired of this ****. Quentin and Pierzynski are the only two everyday players who are exempt from my **** list at this point.

What about Ramirez?

roadrunner
06-01-2008, 05:49 PM
[quote=oeo;1911548]No protection in the lineup = not as many balls to hit out.
[quote]

Compared to the A's lineup?

RockJock07
06-01-2008, 05:50 PM
You have absolutely no clue about what PEDs are or what effect they have on the human body. If you did, you would realize how ridiculous it is to intimate that Paul Konerko used PEDs at any point in his career. It is also the lowest form of character assassination in today's sports environment.

So you can take your ridiculous insinuations and crawl right back under your rock.

Dude, if you follow baseball at all you know some of the effects of PED's. google it, it's not some big secret on what they can do to a human body. When you really think about it's not a ridiculous insinuation as you call it.

Look I would love for it to just be a slump, and maybe that's all it is but when you consider the era of baseball we are in, it's a possiblity that we as fans of Konerko, Thome, and Swisher don't wanna accept.

SoxSpeed22
06-01-2008, 05:51 PM
I come home for this?
I hate to say it, but I don't see this bad hitting with RISP getting solved any time soon. Now we're all saying 'here we go again' when the Sox can't get a hit with RISP. Everyone knows I've wanted Walker out since 2006, Swisher and Cabrera don't turn into terrible hitters overnight.

Patrick134
06-01-2008, 05:53 PM
Many more positive than negatives coming out of the series. Great starting pitching. Especially good to see Buerhle have a quality start today. A lot of home games coming up. Great days ahead for our Sox.

Boondock Saint
06-01-2008, 05:55 PM
Dude, if you follow baseball at all you know some of the effects of PED's. google it, it's not some big secret on what they can do to a human body. When you really think about it's not a ridiculous insinuation as you call it.

Look I would love for it to just be a slump, and maybe that's all it is but when you consider the era of baseball we are in, it's a possiblity that we as fans of Konerko, Thome, and Swisher don't wanna accept.

Who cares that it's possible? Just because it's POSSIBLE sure as hell doesn't make it certain, or even likely. Your speculations are starting to get irritating and offensive. Just stop.

voodoochile
06-01-2008, 05:56 PM

It's a probability that if you keep pressing this line of thought on these message boards that you won't be posting here much longer, got it?

Paulwny
06-01-2008, 06:01 PM

Yep, 13 hits today, 9 of them by guys that can be considered contact hitters, while the big guns act like its the 1st time their seeing an off speed pitch. Shorten the damn swings when you have 2 strikes and you'll be able to react to pitches.

RockJock07
06-01-2008, 06:02 PM
It's a probability that if you keep pressing this line of thought on these message boards that you won't be posting here much longer, got it?

I don't understand your point, message me please to further explain your logic.

LoveYourSuit
06-01-2008, 06:28 PM
Many more positive than negatives coming out of the series. Great starting pitching. Especially good to see Buerhle have a quality start today. A lot of home games coming up. Great days ahead for our Sox.

lol, are you kidding me???

What positive's did you see in losing 3 of 4?

Besides, the pitching has been good all year, nothing to do with this series.

Home games in June have nothing to do with this flop of series we just played.

Buehrle was ok today but nothing special to the Marke Buehrle who is making ACE money out there. You get a two run lead knowing the crap offense you have behind you, you need to protect that thing with your life. Buehrle is having a very difficult time keeping pitch counts down, he gave us a "quality" start today but I hold Mark Buehrle to a much higher level (7 inning starts plus protecting an ealry 2 run lead).

kittle42
06-01-2008, 07:17 PM
lol, are you kidding me???

What positive's did you see in losing 3 of 4?

Besides, the pitching has been good all year, nothing to do with this series.

Home games in June have nothing to do with this flop of series we just played.

Buehrle was ok today but nothing special to the Marke Buehrle who is making ACE money out there. You get a two run lead knowing the crap offense you have behind you, you need to protect that thing with your life. Buehrle is having a very difficult time keeping pitch counts down, he gave us a "quality" start today but I hold Mark Buehrle to a much higher level (7 inning starts plus protecting an ealry 2 run lead).

It's shtick. That's twice in this thread! :D:

RadioheadRocks
06-01-2008, 09:09 PM

Believe me, this team has found a way to make that happen.

Cuck the Fubs
06-01-2008, 09:39 PM
So what is he to do? You can't turn station to station, home run or nothing, beer league softball-like hitters into the reincarnation of the 59 or 67 White Sox.

Lip

Lip, as one of those beer league softball hitters, I take deep offense to your comments.....just kidding.

I agree with you 110%, this is what we got, and we gotta live with it.

WhiteSox5187
06-01-2008, 10:29 PM
Today was a bad day for me anyways, the Sox losing is just the icing on the cake...this team....it's painful to watch them hit.