PDA

View Full Version : Morgan Ensberg Let Go by the Yanks

nodiggity59
06-01-2008, 01:46 PM
We could DFA Pablo and bring in Ensburg to DH against lefties......:dunno:

kittle42
06-01-2008, 01:47 PM
Can any player ever be released and NOT considered as a ****ty replacement on the Sox?

FarWestChicago
06-01-2008, 01:50 PM
Can any player ever be released and NOT considered as a ****ty replacement on the Sox?I would have to to with a "no" on that one. :D:

JB98
06-01-2008, 02:21 PM
Can't people understand that these players are being let go by other teams for good reason?

The Yanks let Mike Myers go last year. KW stupidly picked him up, and we saw how that experiment went.

Guys who get released are typically released because they are done.

Gavin
06-01-2008, 02:39 PM
Yeah, like Frank Thomas! It's like... what the hell has he done for Oakland. Amirite u guyz! What 1.004 OPS in May! Wow he must suck though because he was released, right! I refuse to accept that a player might be better in a different environment! Logic ftw!

roadrunner
06-01-2008, 02:53 PM
Can't people understand that these players are being let go by other teams for good reason?

The Yanks let Mike Myers go last year. KW stupidly picked him up, and we saw how that experiment went.

I wonder how many teams woud be clamoring after uribe, ozuna and maybe even thome and swisher if they were released.

I agree with your point but that doesn't necessarily mean they wouldn't be more useful than even worse players already on rosters.

For example, Edmonds was released and is now starting on a first place team.

Craig Grebeck
06-01-2008, 03:26 PM
I wonder how many teams woud be clamoring after uribe, ozuna and maybe even thome and swisher if they were released.

I agree with your point but that doesn't necessarily mean they wouldn't be more useful than even worse players already on rosters.

For example, Edmonds was released and is now starting on a first place team.
Because management is terrible.

btrain929
06-01-2008, 03:32 PM

...and that minor move drastically altered the outcome of our '07 season.....

btrain929
06-01-2008, 03:33 PM

Yeah, but, what about Reed Johnson?

Tragg
06-01-2008, 05:11 PM
Ensberg is awful. The Astros knew it and tried to peddle him for a year...no one bit.

thomas35forever
06-01-2008, 05:14 PM
Can any player ever be released and NOT considered as a ****ty replacement on the Sox?
They have to be. That's a cardinal rule on WSI.:redneck

getonbckthr
06-01-2008, 05:15 PM
Aren't we paying Ensberg 12 million a year to play 1st base already?

HomeFish
06-01-2008, 05:19 PM
In 2000 we claimed a third baseman that nobody wanted off waivers. That worked out pretty well.

DSpivack
06-01-2008, 06:24 PM
Aren't we paying Ensberg 12 million a year to play 1st base already?

Yes, because Paul Konerko=Morgan Ensberg. :rolleyes: