View Full Version : Another reason to love this team

05-03-2002, 11:19 PM
They don't let many things get to them.

Last weekend they got swept, the worst I have EVER seen. We got KILLED. SO what do we do for an encore? No matter how the media and Mike Cameron's 4 HR's say we beat one of the best teams if not the best teams in baseball 2 out of 3.

Next Cameron hit's 4 homers against are low rookie ball BP pitcher and we get killed 15-4. Encore? Beat the team that beat our asses only a weekend earlier 6-1.

05-03-2002, 11:30 PM
That's true and I think Jerry Manuel deserves credit for that. When Lamont coached this team, if we blew a lead in the 9th, we usually went on a 7 or so game losing streak. Not with Manuel. And the Sox have always played hard under Manuel - particularly last year after the horrid start.
Now I think Manuel has his weaknesses, but this area is one of his strenghts, and considering the whole, outweighs his strategic shortcomings (not pinch hitting).

05-03-2002, 11:32 PM
Yes,it is nice to see the team bounce back so resiliently from a horrendous loss.That is the sign of a good team.Now comes the big question: Will Reinsdork realise that something special is happening on the South Side this year and allow Lenny to make a trade (or 2) for some quality pitching before the trade deadline??
He'd better.Tomorrow is promised to noone.The same goes for next year.Think about it.

Don't doubt me.I can be the ace.Just give it some time.
This was sweet for me.