PDA

View Full Version : Another reason to love this team

Chisox_cali
05-03-2002, 11:19 PM
They don't let many things get to them.

Last weekend they got swept, the worst I have EVER seen. We got KILLED. SO what do we do for an encore? No matter how the media and Mike Cameron's 4 HR's say we beat one of the best teams if not the best teams in baseball 2 out of 3.

Next Cameron hit's 4 homers against are low rookie ball BP pitcher and we get killed 15-4. Encore? Beat the team that beat our asses only a weekend earlier 6-1.

I LOVE THESE GUYS!

Tragg
05-03-2002, 11:30 PM
That's true and I think Jerry Manuel deserves credit for that. When Lamont coached this team, if we blew a lead in the 9th, we usually went on a 7 or so game losing streak. Not with Manuel. And the Sox have always played hard under Manuel - particularly last year after the horrid start.
Now I think Manuel has his weaknesses, but this area is one of his strenghts, and considering the whole, outweighs his strategic shortcomings (not pinch hitting).

SOXSINCE'70
05-03-2002, 11:32 PM
Yes,it is nice to see the team bounce back so resiliently from a horrendous loss.That is the sign of a good team.Now comes the big question: Will Reinsdork realise that something special is happening on the South Side this year and allow Lenny to make a trade (or 2) for some quality pitching before the trade deadline??
He'd better.Tomorrow is promised to noone.The same goes for next year.Think about it.

:burly

Don't doubt me.I can be the ace.Just give it some time.
This was sweet for me.