PDA

View Full Version : Manny Hits No. 500

Viva Medias B's
05-31-2008, 10:08 PM
Why the hell hasn't ESPN interruped the programming on all its networks to provide wall-to-wall coverage of this event?!?

WhiteSox5187
05-31-2008, 10:09 PM
Congrats Manny.

WHITE SOX PRIDE!
05-31-2008, 10:11 PM
manny being manny or just hitting 500 homeruns

RadioheadRocks
05-31-2008, 10:18 PM
big
****ing
Deal!!!!!

thomas35forever
05-31-2008, 10:28 PM
Congrats Manny. See ya in Cooperstown.

Palehose Pete
05-31-2008, 10:47 PM
BFD. GFY, Manny.

manders_01
05-31-2008, 10:57 PM
Congrats Manny

itsnotrequired
05-31-2008, 11:03 PM
big
****ing
Deal!!!!!

:rolleyes:

FedEx227
05-31-2008, 11:07 PM
Bravo, one of the better all-around hitters of our time. He may be a goofball, but he can rake.

RadioheadRocks
05-31-2008, 11:09 PM
:rolleyes:

Agree to disagree

hi im skot
05-31-2008, 11:14 PM
I'd offer Manny a high-five, but I sit in the upper deck.

Congrats, dude.

FarWestChicago
06-01-2008, 12:07 AM
Bravo, one of the better all-around hitters of our time. He may be a goofball, but he can rake.Manny is a hitting machine. Anybody who doesn't see that is basically phenomenally unintelligent.

RadioheadRocks
06-01-2008, 12:09 AM
Manny is a hitting machine. Anybody who doesn't see that is basically phenomenally unintelligent.

Point taken, he is a hitting machine and I'll admit that. However I stand by my point that he's also a prick of the highest order, so like I said before, he hit a milestone... BFD.

voodoochile
06-01-2008, 12:10 AM
Manny is a hitting machine. Anybody who doesn't see that is basically phenomenally unintelligent.

I'd have gone with ridiculously stupid that way they wouldn't have to look up any words to figure out if they'd been insulted, but your's works too...

Congrats, Manny!

itsnotrequired
06-01-2008, 12:19 AM
Agree to disagree

Disagree about what? Do you feel that 500 is no longer the milestone it once was? Or is this just the typical anti-Boston BS that gets thrown around here on the regular?

RadioheadRocks
06-01-2008, 12:21 AM
Disagree about what? Do you feel that 500 is no longer the milestone it once was? Or is this just the typical anti-Boston BS that gets thrown around here on the regular?

Please see my response a few posts up.

itsnotrequired
06-01-2008, 12:27 AM
Please see my response a few posts up.

I'm not following...

PeteWard
06-01-2008, 12:28 AM
I'd have gone with ridiculously stupid that way they wouldn't have to look up any words to figure out if they'd been insulted, but your's works too...

Congrats, Manny!

yours

:tongue:

voodoochile
06-01-2008, 12:31 AM
yours

:tongue:

I was going back and forth on it finally gave up and figured it was possessive and tossed in the apostrophe. It's late. I'm going to bed soon... Hi Kittle...:D:

RadioheadRocks
06-01-2008, 12:33 AM
I'm not following...

Yes he hit a milestone, but he's proven time and time again with all that "Manny Being Manny" crap that he's one of the most arrogant and selfish athletes on the planet.

PeteWard
06-01-2008, 12:39 AM
I was going back and forth on it finally gave up and figured it was possessive and tossed in the apostrophe. It's late. I'm going to bed soon... Hi Kittle...:D:

It is, but it's just the same as "ours" or "theirs". Use the apostrophe with names, e.g. "Ozzie's".

That's my pedantic ******* post of the night. Good night to you, too. :smile:

But the guy just hates Manny and I don't blame him, though he is a HOF lock. Plus I think Thome received very little coverage on his milestone so it does grate a bit on me, too.

itsnotrequired
06-01-2008, 12:39 AM
Yes he hit a milestone, but he's proven time and time again with all that "Manny Being Manny" crap that he's one of the most arrogant and selfish athletes on the planet.

:shrug:

twentywontowin
06-01-2008, 01:19 AM
Like him or not, you have to respect the fact that he accomplished something that only two dozen players have ever accomplised. He may be arrogant, but he is one of the best hitters of his era.

You tip the cap when it's due. Congrats to Manny.

TheOldRoman
06-01-2008, 02:50 AM
Manny is undoubtedly one of the best hitters of all time. He is also undoubtedly a complete piece of ****ing garbage. Not surprisingly, he stood and watched his homer, then walked half way to first base. My lasting memory of him will always be him standing at home, undoing his batting gloves, and then walking to first after hitting a homer off Freddy Garcia in ALDS game 3... while his team was still down, while they were 4 innings away from being swept and eliminated. It didn't matter, it was all about him, and all about putting on a show.

It angers me that the league has pussified the game the way it has. Crap like him watching his homers should not be allowed. In the past, he would have been drilled after every time, and it wouldn't happen very much. If a pitcher even throws inside against him in the AB after a homer, he would probably be tossed immediately. The "warning" system is BS, and Manny shows why.

Craig Grebeck
06-01-2008, 03:00 AM
Manny is undoubtedly one of the best hitters of all time. He is also undoubtedly a complete piece of ****ing garbage. Not surprisingly, he stood and watched his homer, then walked half way to first base. My lasting memory of him will always be him standing at home, undoing his batting gloves, and then walking to first after hitting a homer off Freddy Garcia in ALDS game 3... while his team was still down, while they were 4 innings away from being swept and eliminated. It didn't matter, it was all about him, and all about putting on a show.

It angers me that the league has pussified the game the way it has. Crap like him watching his homers should not be allowed. In the past, he would have been drilled after every time, and it wouldn't happen very much. If a pitcher even throws inside against him in the AB after a homer, he would probably be tossed immediately. The "warning" system is BS, and Manny shows why.

It's this kind of bitterness that I seriously cannot understand. If you don't want him to put on a show, don't throw him a ****ing meatball.

RadioheadRocks
06-01-2008, 03:05 AM

... hence why I WON'T be tipping my cap to Manny for reaching his milestone. I will respect anyone's opinion who will congratulate him, just please respect MY opinion for NOT congratulating him.

Nellie_Fox
06-01-2008, 03:43 AM
It's this kind of bitterness that I seriously cannot understand. If you don't want him to put on a show, don't throw him a ****ing meatball.And if he doesn't want to be drilled in the ribs the next time up, don't put on a ****ing show of how you just beat the pitcher. Get your ass around the bases and back in the dugout.

twentywontowin
06-01-2008, 10:36 AM
... hence why I WON'T be tipping my cap to Manny for reaching his milestone. I will respect anyone's opinion who will congratulate him, just please respect MY opinion for NOT congratulating him.

He swings the bat better than most people in history. What he does after the ball leaves the bat is irrelevant to his skill.

I don't understand the bitterness of you guys sometimes.

I'll respect your opinion, albeit a poor one.

fquaye149
06-01-2008, 11:07 AM

:rolling:

They said the same thing about Ted Williams

TheOldRoman
06-01-2008, 12:07 PM
:rolling:

They said the same thing about Ted WilliamsReally? Ted Williams stood and watched his homers?

fquaye149
06-01-2008, 12:08 PM
Really? Ted Williams stood and watched his homers?

no, that he was selfish and self-aggrandizing and that he didn't care about the team--just his hitting