PDA

View Full Version : Do the Twins play the Mariners and As...

Tragg
05-03-2002, 10:47 PM
this year, or did Selig do a schedule which gave them 25 games against Tampa Bay instead of playing those clubs.
1/2 game out and we've played a much tougher schedule. Not too bad.
We'll need some cushion, as we have 9 games in Minny we don't have the infield defensive speed to play cement ball.

Chisox_cali
05-03-2002, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Tragg
this year, or did Selig do a schedule which gave them 25 games against Tampa Bay instead of playing those clubs.
1/2 game out and we've played a much tougher schedule. Not too bad.
We'll need some cushion, as we have 9 games in Minny we don't have the infield defensive speed to play cement ball.

Well they do play the Yanks next weekend.

But I do see that they are prone to the big inning, but since they are playing **** teams with **** pitching they come back. Also they are giving up the big inning to teams with half our offence that we've already beaten, so I'm not to worried. If they start doing what they are doing to the d-rays tiggers and royals to the Yankee's than I'll start "fearing" them....... What am I talking about?! No I won't :smile:

:notwinks

HawkDJ
05-03-2002, 10:56 PM
Twins play the Mariners and A's 14 times total.
Sox play the Mariners and A's 18 times total.

PaleHoseGeorge
05-03-2002, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by HawkDJ2k2
Twins play the Mariners and A's 14 times total.
Sox play the Mariners and A's 18 times total.

:tool
"Just another example of how baseball has improved under my leadership."

jklm
05-03-2002, 10:59 PM
I know there is no selection committee in baseball, but let's look at RPI (yes, RPI as in NCAA basketball).

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/stats/rpi

1. Seattle .600
2. Oakland .563
3. LA .553
4. White Sox .544
5. Yankees .543
19. Cleveland .484
24. Minnesota .453
27. KC .447
30. Detroit .414

AL Central, oh my!

MisterB
05-03-2002, 11:56 PM
If the Sox keep it close up to that All-Star break, we should be in really good shape. Consider that before the break:

The Sox play 2 series each vs. Oakland and Seattle and 1 series each against Boston, Yankees, and Mets. - 21 games

Cleveland plays 1 series each against the Mets, Boston, Arizona and the Yankees (with all but the Mets series happening in the 2 weeks before the break) - 12 games

Minnesota plays 2 series vs. the Yankees and 1 series each against the Mets, Oakland and Seattle (with Oak. and Sea. just before the break) - 16 games

I'd say we've got the tougher schedule for the first half, so we can (hopefully) spend the second half pulling away from the competition.

Pete_SSAC
05-04-2002, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by MisterB
If the Sox keep it close up to that All-Star break, we should be in really good shape. Consider that before the break:

The Sox play 2 series each vs. Oakland and Seattle and 1 series each against Boston, Yankees, and Mets. - 21 games

Cleveland plays 1 series each against the Mets, Boston, Arizona and the Yankees (with all but the Mets series happening in the 2 weeks before the break) - 12 games

Minnesota plays 2 series vs. the Yankees and 1 series each against the Mets, Oakland and Seattle (with Oak. and Sea. just before the break) - 16 games

I'd say we've got the tougher schedule for the first half, so we can (hopefully) spend the second half pulling away from the competition.

And we already went through 10 of those 21 games, while Indains and Twins haven't started yet.

Indains play the D-Backs? WHY? I thought that the AL Central plays the NL East.

But, to be fair, we play 6 games aginst the worst team in baseball, and the Twins and Tribe will never face them.

Guess what team I'm talking about :)

- Pete

Nellie_Fox
05-04-2002, 12:34 AM
This hasn't gone unnoticed, even up here in the Great White North. I went to the VFW tonight (yeah, I'm really that much of an old guy) and the regulars who know me started talking Sox/Twins baseball, and they all conceded that the Twins have had a much easier schedule thus far.

Pete_SSAC
05-04-2002, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
This hasn't gone unnoticed, even up here in the Great White North. I went to the VFW tonight (yeah, I'm really that much of an old guy) and the regulars who know me started talking Sox/Twins baseball, and they all conceded that the Twins have had a much easier schedule thus far.

No Crap! I think they are the only team in baseball that hasn't faced a team that is over .500 right now.

TB, KC, DET, and CLEV. They fae KC next, then a REAL team in teh Yanks, then back to KC!

At least the Indains had to face US, and we know how that went.

- Pete

doublem23
05-04-2002, 02:16 AM
http://espn.go.com/i/mlb/profiles/players/5884.jpg
I like the schedule! It's easy winning AL Player of the Month when you face crappy pitching!

Chisox_cali
05-04-2002, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
http://espn.go.com/i/mlb/profiles/players/5884.jpg
I like the schedule! It's easy winning AL Player of the Month when you face crappy pitching!

God I can't wait for June 24th!

BoozeSlut
05-04-2002, 04:29 PM
ESPN.com

As we consider first-month records, one factor to consider is
strength of schedule. For example, the Red Sox, with the best record in the majors at 17-7 entering Friday, have played 20 of their 24 games against the Blue Jays, Orioles, Royals and Devil Rays. All those teams have losing records. On the other hand, the Mariners have the second-best record at 19-9 and have played half their games against the White Sox, A's and Yankees.

According to our Relative Power Index, the Mariners have faced the toughest strength of schedule so far, with the A's, Cubs, Padres and Orioles filling out the top five. The easiest schedule by far has belonged to the 18-11 Twins, who have yet to face a team that currently has a winning record.

Believe it or not, things don't appear to get a whole lot tougher for Minnesota. The Twins have six games against the Yankees in May, but other than that they don't play a currently above .500 team until facing the Mets on June 18.

GASHWOUND
05-04-2002, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by BoozeSlut
ESPN.com

As we consider first-month records, one factor to consider is
strength of schedule. For example, the Red Sox, with the best record in the majors at 17-7 entering Friday, have played 20 of their 24 games against the Blue Jays, Orioles, Royals and Devil Rays. All those teams have losing records. On the other hand, the Mariners have the second-best record at 19-9 and have played half their games against the White Sox, A's and Yankees.

According to our Relative Power Index, the Mariners have faced the toughest strength of schedule so far, with the A's, Cubs, Padres and Orioles filling out the top five. The easiest schedule by far has belonged to the 18-11 Twins, who have yet to face a team that currently has a winning record.

Believe it or not, things don't appear to get a whole lot tougher for Minnesota. The Twins have six games against the Yankees in May, but other than that they don't play a currently above .500 team until facing the Mets on June 18.

Jeez, what the hell is with the royal treatment with the Twins? Sheesh