PDA

View Full Version : Call Your Shot Promotion.

JermaineDye05
05-31-2008, 01:53 PM
So this whole David Ortiz thing for the homerun derby. Reading the promotion it looks as if they've already decided he's going to the derby, doesn't it? Or is this promotion a separate thing and won't have anything to do with the participants in the derby? Not that I really care, just curious.

Lip Man 1
05-31-2008, 02:21 PM
What's even more interesting with this, according to the print edition of The Sporting News is that certain members of the Yankee organization are absolutely incensed that with the game in New York, copying what Babe Ruth did, a member of the RED SOX is being asked to actually carry out the stunt.

No I am not making this up.

Lip

JermaineDye05
05-31-2008, 02:24 PM
What's even more interesting with this, according to the print edition of The Sporting News is that certain members of the Yankee organization are absolutely incensed that with the game in New York, copying what Babe Ruth did, a member of the RED SOX is being asked to actually carry out the stunt.

No I am not making this up.

Lip

Yeah I heard about that too, I think I remember Steve Stone talking about it at some point. Or maybe it was on PTI...

JorgeFabregas
06-03-2008, 07:37 PM
Well, this turned out to be a great idea for a promotion...

turners56
06-03-2008, 07:41 PM
Like a great Red Sox, David Ortiz will trot out there with an almost broken wrist for this promotion. Once again, David Ortiz shows that he is a great professional.

PS CAN WE STOP ALL THESE STEROID RUMORS ABOUT BIG PAPI?

I wonder, if Ortiz can't make it, will Manny do it? Now that would be entertaining. High fives after every home run hit!

HomeFish
06-03-2008, 08:07 PM
I think its silly the anoint the player in advance. What if a Yankees fan wins the contest? Is he going to stand out there and point at Manny Ramirez in the on-deck circle?