PDA

View Full Version : SS to consider at 2B?

getonbckthr
05-29-2008, 11:27 PM
I'm putting his name in white because I want people to decide on stats first not name.
Christian Guzman.
He has 5 hrs and 20 RBI's. HAs stolen 3 bases and is hitting over .300. Solid with the glove at SS and is in a contract year so there is no long term association.

TheOldRoman
05-29-2008, 11:37 PM
Just say no to Christian Guzman.

LoveYourSuit
05-29-2008, 11:41 PM
800 ops :o:

Sign me up, I guess.

DSpivack
05-29-2008, 11:42 PM
Cristian Guzman?

:puking:

kittle42
05-29-2008, 11:43 PM
Ah, yet another getonbckthr acquisition idea.

Aside from the fact that he has never played one game at 2B in his minor or major league career, what makes you think he can play 2B? Or are you also part of the magically throw Fields at first crowd, too?

You know, this isn't RBI Baseball where your best move was putting Mark McGwire at catcher on the AL All-Star team.

Also, it's Christian ****ing Guzman. Don't mention that his OBP is a crap .330. He's done better than expected the first two months of the season. This is like when people were clamoring for Willie Harris last year when he hit .380 for two weeks. Guzman will be much closer to .200 than .300 when it's all over.

Madvora
05-29-2008, 11:53 PM
You know, this isn't RBI Baseball where your best move was putting Mark McGwire at catcher on the AL All-Star team.

You're right. That's crazy talk.
Everyone knows you bat McGwire leadoff in place of Willie Randolph.

The catcher Bill Schroeder (I still have no idea who that guy is) usually comes out for Paul Molitor.

kittle42
05-30-2008, 12:11 AM

The catcher Bill Schroeder (I still have no idea who that guy is) usually comes out for Paul Molitor.

Good point. It's been awhile.

Actually, he was a backup C in a platoon with Surhoff and was never an all-star.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/s/schrobi01.shtml

BadBobbyJenks
05-30-2008, 12:24 AM
Christian Guzman is not very far removed from being in contention as one of the worst every day players in the majors.

oeo
05-30-2008, 12:24 AM
Ramirez is starting to hit the ball, so there's no need to make a change right now. Also, Richar is officially off his rehab assignment, so he's ready to go in Charlotte if/when we need him.

Tragg
05-30-2008, 12:32 AM
Call up richar.

kittle42
05-30-2008, 12:49 AM
Christian Guzman is not very far removed from being in contention as one of the worst every day players in the majors.

But he's hitting over .300!

Tragg
05-30-2008, 01:14 AM
Christian Guzman is not very far removed from being in contention as one of the worst every day players in the majors. So we'd actually have to trade for Guzman...I thought he had been released or something.

johnnyg83
05-30-2008, 01:28 AM
I'm I deluded to think we may have a decent, cheap, speedy middle infield with Richar/Ramirez?

Frater Perdurabo
05-30-2008, 07:27 AM
I'm I deluded to think we may have a decent, cheap, speedy middle infield with Richar/Ramirez?

Not deluded. I'm excited about it, too. :smile:

VeeckAsInWreck
05-30-2008, 10:27 AM

Thank you! I was just about to respond with that.

Although I always liked using the NL All Stars. Tim Raines at lead off was the best all around player in that game. He could hit for power and had speed to burn.

With them I took out Benito Santiago from the #3 spot in the lineup and replaced him with Dale Murphy. and in the #8 spot I always took out Al Pedrique and put in Pedro Guerrero.

http://www.1pstart.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/rbi_baseball.jpg

asindc
05-30-2008, 10:37 AM
I've been to a few Nats games this year. Guzman is playing way above his head. I have to remind the Nats fans that Guzman will not continue this, despite what it looks like now.

jabrch
05-30-2008, 10:49 AM

It COULD end up working out very nicely. KW may not be dumb and JR may not be cheap after all. It may be a smart move that allows resources to be allocated to other areas of need.