PDA

View Full Version : Thome in the Domey

PolishPower83
05-29-2008, 10:22 AM
James Howard Thome is going to blow up the dome this weekend in Tampa. During our last series down there the big guy hit .455 with two home runs and six RBIs. Everytime I see him step up to bat in that park I expect a moon shot off those beams in right center.

Quentin needs some help and Thome is going to give it to him. I know the Rays are hot, but so are we. Hopefully we'll look back on this series as the one in which our big bats started hitting. We'll see. Tough challenge.

DumpJerry
05-29-2008, 10:28 AM
Big Jim did cause some serious structural damage to the place last month......

I feel good about this series. We have pitching and that will always trump hitting. Right now I'd be willing to bet that the 1927 Yankees would have silent bats against our bullpen.

PicktoCLick72
05-29-2008, 10:49 AM

I feel good about this series. We have pitching and that will always trump hitting. Right now I'd be willing to bet that the 1927 Yankees would have silent bats against our bullpen.

Wouldn't the 1927 Yankees' bats be silent against every team's BP? THe Rays are 19-2 at home in their last 21. Though I want more, I will be happy with a split.

hawkjt
05-29-2008, 11:04 AM
I hope big Jim takes the day off against kazmir. Otherwise..blow it up,big guy.

Zisk77
05-29-2008, 11:24 AM
Actually kazmir is the type of lefty Jimmy has had success against...fastball change-up as 2 primary pitches. Lefties with a slurve-like breaking ball make him grab some bench.

PolishPower83
05-29-2008, 11:32 AM
Actually kazmir is the type of lefty Jimmy has had success against...fastball change-up as 2 primary pitches. Lefties with a slurve-like breaking ball make him grab some bench.

Thome is 0-for-10 with 2Ks career against Kazmir. I say sit him against Kazmir and save him as a pinch-hitter for a dinger off Percival (if he plays) late in the game. Thome owns Percival.

PorkChopExpress
05-29-2008, 11:33 AM

My only concern is our pitchers' inability to hold the runners. Crawford and Upton could steal 10 bases each this series against us, assuming they get on. No free passes and I will feel pretty good about our chances.

oeo
05-29-2008, 11:38 AM
Thome is 0-for-10 with 2Ks career against Kazmir. I say sit him against Kazmir and save him as a pinch-hitter for a dinger off Percival (if he plays) late in the game. Thome owns Percival.

He was also 0-for against Sabathia, too. He's hitting lefties a lot better this year (albeit, this is in comparison to his hitting righties, which is not very good)...that's definitely not his problem.

Zisk77
05-29-2008, 12:52 PM

I said kazmir is the TYPE of lefty Thome has had success against. I did not say he had success against THE SCOTT KAZMIR :redneck.

Soxman219
05-29-2008, 03:49 PM

I too believe that we can win this series. They have won the last two series there in dominating fashion. Our offense is starting to hit again but not bring them in. Once they start bringing runners home, then they will be in good shape. If they have a lead into the bottom of the 7th with our bullpen, then I'm confident they'll win.:smile: