PDA

View Full Version : Bad timing for Percival - Good timing for the Sox

jabrch
05-28-2008, 03:18 PM
Troy Percival collapsed on the mound after striking out Brandon Boggs on Wednesday.

Percival apparently injured himself after planting his left leg. He stood up and started limping around, and even tried to throw another pitch, but ended up heading to the clubhouse. It's unclear just how serious the injury is, but Dan Wheeler would likely assume the closing job if Percival misses time. Al Reyes is another candidate.
Related: Al Reyes (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_relatednews.aspx?sport=MLB&id=2019), Dan Wheeler (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_relatednews.aspx?sport=MLB&id=2897)

Hopefully he is ok - after Sunday... We have had a great deal of fortune so far this season in terms of health of our team, and bumping into opponents when they have had issues. Sometimes it is better to be lucky than good.

Tragg
05-28-2008, 03:22 PM
I still say the sheer fact that we have 3 series with the Rays is bad luck for us...for years when they were horrid, we'd get 6 games a year. The one year they're good, we play 7 in their place in the first 2 months.....

Beat Tampa!

hawkjt
05-28-2008, 03:27 PM
Yea, I noticed that... hate those domes but especially when there is a good opponent like this year in the Rays. We play the Angels three times also and the Cubs twice. Not sure but I suppose we also get the D-backs...any division leader we miss in MLB?

SoxGirl4Life
05-28-2008, 03:35 PM
Yea, I noticed that... hate those domes but especially when there is a good opponent like this year in the Rays. We play the Angels three times also and the Cubs twice. Not sure but I suppose we also get the D-backs...any division leader we miss in MLB?

We don't get the D-backs. We get the Rockies, Dodgers, and the Pirates.

VeeckAsInWreck
05-28-2008, 03:38 PM
We don't get the D-backs. We get the Rockies, Dodgers, and the Pirates.

If the Sox can beat the Pirates the Chicago Sports Media will have to take notice and finally recognize that we are as good as the Cubs!

PorkChopExpress
05-28-2008, 04:30 PM
If the Sox can beat the Pirates the Chicago Sports Media will have to take notice and finally recognize that we are as good as the Cubs!

How about we just beat the Cubs.:cool:

Frater Perdurabo
05-28-2008, 05:04 PM
How about we just beat the Cubs.:cool:

How about we just beat all the teams on our schedule?

jabrch
05-28-2008, 08:00 PM
How about we just beat all the teams on our schedule?

We can't. This team sucks. Fire them all. We will be lucky to win 80 games this year.

kittle42
05-28-2008, 08:01 PM
It's not like Percival would have been needed as a closer in this series anyway.

gobears1987
05-28-2008, 10:23 PM
I like the prospect of Dan Wheeler closing. Just load the bases and Paulie will bust out of his slump.

JB98
05-28-2008, 11:20 PM
I like the prospect of Dan Wheeler closing. Just load the bases and Paulie will bust out of his slump.

I prefer him to face Chad Qualls, actually.

chisoxfanatic
05-28-2008, 11:34 PM

Maybe we can bus Brad Lidge down to Tampa just for this one series while we're at it!

FedEx227
05-29-2008, 12:29 AM

I seem to remember Paulie have a bit more luck against Qualls.

RockJock07
05-29-2008, 01:45 AM

Best moment ever!

In reality though, TB is stacked so I'm hoping for the best this weekend. We haven't faced a team yet that has put it all together like TB has, so the Sox will need to pitch out of their minds if they choose not to hit.

In the span of the next 3-4 weeks we are facing TB and the Cubs, probably the two teams that have been out of their minds.

asindc
05-29-2008, 02:23 PM

Hopefully they will be 4 unearned runs. Wheeler is on my fantasy team.