PDA

View Full Version : Astros...

Jjav829
08-02-2001, 10:05 PM
just tied the game up in the bottom of the 9th and have the bases loaded with 1 out.

Jerry_Manuel
08-02-2001, 10:37 PM
And the Astros won 4 to 3 plus they gain a game on the Cubs!

KingXerxes
08-02-2001, 10:51 PM
Houston better close ground quickly - because if my memory serves me correctly (and it often doesn't), they've got the tougher schedule the rest of the way. The Cub bullpen is starting to look very tired lately - it should be interesting.

Jerry_Manuel
08-02-2001, 10:54 PM
Houston better close ground quickly - because if my memory serves me correctly (and it often doesn't), they've got the tougher schedule the rest of the way. The Cub bullpen is starting to look very tired lately - it should be interesting.

I heard Chimp mention something about the Cubs playing LA and the Giants and Rokcies soon so that will be no walk in the park for them. But the Astros and Cubs play 10 more times and a ton of the games are in September.

KingXerxes
08-02-2001, 11:03 PM
There's no doubt that there is a long way to go, but I think Houston's last three weeks of the year are almost exclusively against St. Louis, San Francisco and The Cubs.

I think the Cubs still have six against Atlanta and Florida, but only three against St. Louis (in Wrigley) and three against San Franciso (in Wrigley also), and after this weekend I think they're done on the West Coast (where they have historically stunk it up). I predict a Dodger sweep coming up.

Jerry_Manuel
08-02-2001, 11:07 PM
I predict a Dodger sweep coming up.

:JB
Hey great minds think alike.