PDA

View Full Version : Sox/Cub days at the office

Law11
05-28-2008, 09:55 AM
For anyone out there that has these days where folks get to wear their team gear at work I was asked by our HR dept to design a quick flyer to be posted around our building for the upcoming series in late June.

Anyone interested in the pdf flyer for their offices or wherever please PM me.
I can adjust the dates if need be.

Small thumbnail is attached.

Cuck the Fubs
05-28-2008, 09:56 AM
That's very cool..........nice job on the flyer!

I wear my Sox gear every day at work though:redneck

SoxGirl4Life
05-28-2008, 09:58 AM
We'd have a riot.

Law11
05-28-2008, 10:04 AM
We'd have a riot.

Ours is pretty civil.. I work at Sara Lee and they usually do a big ballpark spread on the Fridays of the games.. Bests Kosher, Ball Park dogs, Hillshire brats and sausage.... I swear our cafeteria smells like the cell on these days.
the sweet onion aroma just seems to carry up all the floors..

They have to do lunch in 2 shifts because of the turnout.

Whats fun is seeing some of the old jerseys people have on.. Last year a guy had a Colon one on. I joked with him on getting a whole season out of that jersey.

Cuck the Fubs
05-28-2008, 10:11 AM
Law,

I wanna sneak into that company picnic :D:

Sounds fantastic!!!!:bandance:

Law11
05-28-2008, 10:17 AM
Law,

I wanna sneak into that company picnic :D:

Sounds fantastic!!!!:bandance:

And its unlimited... That can be good.. or bad as my stomach found out by about 6pm last year...

doublem23
05-28-2008, 10:43 AM
Unfortunately, down here, we have Cub/Cardinal days.

:whiner:

MsSoxVixen22
05-28-2008, 10:48 AM
For anyone out there that has these days where folks get to wear their team gear at work I was asked by our HR dept to design a quick flyer to be posted around our building for the upcoming series in late June.

Nice job on the flyer Law! I wish they'd let us wear our Sox gear at my work! The company I work for is owned by Cub fans and anytime any of us wear Sox stuff on Friday, all we hear is ****. :angry: It's funny since they all claim to be HUGE Cub fans but they don't wear any Cubs stuff. I have a pin someone game me that says Cub fans suck. I might try and wear it to work sometime. I am looking for another job. Maybe I'll get lucky and find a place owned by Sox fans :smile:

I want Mags back
05-28-2008, 10:59 AM

i assume you were Sox anyways, i kno I would

alohafri
05-28-2008, 11:00 AM

Shouldn't you have put the Sox first? :wink:

Law11
05-28-2008, 11:03 AM

Never really thought about it. :smile:

soxpride724
05-28-2008, 03:17 PM
Nice job on the flyer Law! I wish they'd let us wear our Sox gear at my work! The company I work for is owned by Cub fans and anytime any of us wear Sox stuff on Friday, all we hear is ****. :angry: It's funny since they all claim to be HUGE Cub fans but they don't wear any Cubs stuff. I have a pin someone game me that says Cub fans suck. I might try and wear it to work sometime. I am looking for another job. Maybe I'll get lucky and find a place owned by Sox fans :smile:

Start wearing silver and black and send a message,lol.:redneck

doublem23
05-28-2008, 03:21 PM
i assume you were Sox anyways, i kno I would

Yep, though that did lead to some lady asking me if I was rooting for the Cubs to beat St. Louis, since they're a "Chicago team, too."

Sometimes I wear my Peoria Chiefs jersey to display my neutrality.

VeeckAsInWreck
05-28-2008, 03:42 PM

http://www.vh1.com/sitewide/promoimages/artists/w/williams_vanessa/vspot/love_is/320x240.jpg
"Save the best for last!"

MeteorsSox4367
05-28-2008, 04:44 PM
One nice thing about working at a school is that when the kids are gone for the summer, I can wear t-shirts and jeans.

Last year, I wore my Pierzynski jersey t-shirt only to have almost all the Cubs fans tell me how much they hated AJ and of course, the obligatory "Pierzynski sucks."

Nothing like the Sox/Cubs rivalry to get things going in the office.

chisoxfanatic
05-28-2008, 05:41 PM
I've been known to wear Sox gear at least once a week at work during baseball season (and once every other week during the offseason as well). I don't get too much flack for it, however, as Sox fans clearly outnumber Cub fans there.

WSox597
05-28-2008, 06:03 PM
Cub fans are coming out of the woodwork lately at work.

I've been contemplating calling in Orkin...

Ava83
05-28-2008, 08:48 PM
My team lead is a Cubs fan for the most part we are extremely civil to one another...key phrase there is most part...I think we stick together due to the fact we have one of those Cardinal's fans that thinks the sun rises and sets at Busch and it MAKES US NUTS.

His son is following the Sox this year (smart boy) and it is driving him nuts though:D:

Frater Perdurabo
05-28-2008, 08:51 PM

Don't you work in the public sector? You should file a harassment/discrimination complaint. :tongue:

johnr1note
05-29-2008, 10:55 AM
Things are pretty civil here in the office. Friday is "casual" day, and I invariably wear Sox gear (I have a collection of jersies). Things are about evenly divided, and we don't ever get nasty. My immediate supervisor, a Sox fan, is having a bet with another supervisor/Cubs fan over which team will have the most wins. The current standings are kept on a white board in his office, and I will occasionally post a comment or two there the gets erased pretty quickly by the Cubs fans. Its all in fun. i wish more Cubs/Sox rivalry could be like my co-workers.