PDA

View Full Version : Impressions of U.S. Cellular Field -- 15 years later

mccoydp
05-27-2008, 07:17 PM
My wife and I returned from our weekend trip to Chicago yesterday; we went from 24-26 May. I attended both games this weekend vs. the Halos, and I can't say enough good things about the ballpark, the fans, and my experience in the city. I sat in section 155 on Saturday, and my wife and I sat in section 138 on Sunday.
I haven't been to a White Sox game in Chicago since Spring 1993, when I was a Freshman at Illinois Tech. Simply put, the park looks fantastic. I wasn't prepared for how great it looked. It took my breath away when I entered the main concourse. Everything was clean and professional. The concessions were top-notch, and cheaper than the fare served here at the K.C. Royals games. I was able to pick up an authentic grey Konerko jersey at the Grandstand before the game; they have so much more than they did 15 years ago.
The atmosphere during Sunday's game before, during, and after was simply electric. I can only imagine what it must have been like during the 2005 season & during the World Series! The salute to the Veterans before the game was a great highlight for the Memorial Day weekend.
I'm proud to be a White Sox fan, and I sincerely hope that I'll be able to visit your fine ballpark, and your city, again in the future!

GlassSox
05-27-2008, 08:32 PM
Glad you had a good time and come back more often. We were there Sunday too and we also appreciated the salute to the Vets.

October26
05-27-2008, 08:56 PM
mccoydp: I enjoyed reading your observations and experiences of your recent visit to US Cellular Field. It has been fun to be in Chicago all these years and see the many improvements they have made. It was a tremendous thrill for my family and I to attend World Series Game #1 in 2005. To witness the Sox win game 1 is something that I will never forget and to be able to see the joy in the faces of our fans was priceless. Hope you get to come back and enjoy many more Sox games at US Celluar Field. And here's to many more World Series games at US Cellular Field! :gulp:

mccoydp
05-28-2008, 01:37 PM
Glad you had a good time and come back more often. We were there Sunday too and we also appreciated the salute to the Vets.

Thanks. I hope I come back sooner than another 15 years from now!

doublem23
05-28-2008, 02:10 PM
The park is phenomenal. Ms. Doub's parents came with us to the game Saturday, the first time either had visited the place and they both commented on how nice it was. Nice day, pretty good crowd... Too bad the Sox mustered a grand total of 3 hits.