PDA

View Full Version : Eldred Moved

Lip Man 1
05-26-2008, 11:57 PM
According to a blurb by Mark Gonzales tonight in the Tribune, Brad Eldred (who hit his 18th home run this evening) has been moved by the Sox from 1st base to the outfield.

Anyone have any ideas why this was done and what it could mean.

Lip

forrestg
05-27-2008, 03:42 AM
It can only mean Fields will get a chance to play first.:bandance:

Scottiehaswheels
05-27-2008, 03:48 AM
According to a blurb by Mark Gonzales tonight in the Tribune, Brad Eldred (who hit his 18th home run this evening) has been moved by the Sox from 1st base to the outfield.

LipTo see if he can play multiple positions so that Paulie can hit the DL like I believe he needs? Can't have enough outfielders.

Lillian
05-27-2008, 08:24 AM
Have you seen this guy?
I was in Tucson for every Spring Training game, and he looks much to big and slow to ever see time in the outfield.
Picture Toby Hall in Left
???????????????????????

btrain929
05-27-2008, 08:29 AM
It can only mean Fields will get a chance to play first.:bandance:

It can mean only 1 of 2 things:

1) Maybe they are going to give Josh Fields a look at 1B, which means they are looking into signing Crede long term as well...
2) They plan on drafting either 1B Justin Smoak or 1B Brett Wallace in the upcoming draft and sending them directly to AAA Charlotte.

CWSpalehoseCWS
05-27-2008, 04:32 PM

Lip
I think it's because DaVanon is hurt and on the D.L. and they don't really have anybody else to put there.

digdagdug23
05-27-2008, 04:38 PM
Could it have anything to do with Dwayne Wise coming up?

DumpJerry
05-27-2008, 05:39 PM
They did it to get a Fields/Eldred/Crede/Uribe/Garland speculation thread started at WSI.

btrain929
05-27-2008, 05:48 PM
Could it have anything to do with Dwayne Wise coming up?

Probably not since he's only going to be up with the bigs for another week or so max.

Daver
05-27-2008, 05:55 PM
He isn't much of a first baseman to begin with.

digdagdug23
05-27-2008, 05:58 PM
Probably not since he's only going to be up with the bigs for another week or so max.

Ummmm, not so fast there, quickdraw, this is Ozzie we're talking about. Did you see Wise on the basepaths last night? It's a sure way to get Ozzie all hot and bothered.

btrain929
05-27-2008, 06:04 PM
Ummmm, not so fast there, quickdraw, this is Ozzie we're talking about. Did you see Wise on the basepaths last night? It's a sure way to get Ozzie all hot and bothered.

When Uribe is healthy, which should be in a week, 2 max, Wise will be back down. How is that not inevitable? Only way that doesn't happen is if Uribe is magically traded while on the DL.

Besides, Anderson and Ozuna give us good speed off the bench already. Besides being left handed, he doesn't give us anything that would say he will be with us for an extended period of time.

Malgar 12
05-27-2008, 07:09 PM
Have you seen this guy?
I was in Tucson for every Spring Training game, and he looks much to big and slow to ever see time in the outfield.
Picture Toby Hall in Left
???????????????????????

I saw him a couple of years ago in Altoona and he's brutal at first base. I can't imagine he'll be anything but horrid in the OF.

oeo
05-28-2008, 01:16 AM
He isn't much of a first baseman to begin with.

He isn't much of anything.

To see if he can play multiple positions so that Paulie can hit the DL like I believe he needs? Can't have enough outfielders.

Brad Eldred sucks. We're in serious trouble if he's ever found on the major league squad. There are better options if Konerko was to go on the DL.

oeo
05-28-2008, 01:19 AM

You're out of your mind if you think Wise is going to stick here. He'll be gone as soon as Uribe is healthy, which is exactly the reason he was brought up instead of Owens/Getz.