PDA

View Full Version : Javy Tonight

jabrch
05-26-2008, 11:50 PM
Not a ton of Ks...A lot of baserunners...and 2 HRs...but still had a QS.

He has really been a star for us.

JB98
05-26-2008, 11:51 PM
Two years ago, he blows up and we lose 8-3.

Not anymore.

jabrch
05-26-2008, 11:55 PM
Two years ago, he blows up and we lose 8-3.

Not anymore.

I totally agree. This is a very different Javy than the guy who we acquired.

RadioheadRocks
05-26-2008, 11:57 PM

Amen to that! :smile:

LoveYourSuit
05-27-2008, 12:14 AM
It looked like he was not comfortable out there. I saw him stretching a lot on the mound after missing bad on the zone.

He is human, he too can probably be going thru a tired arm out there. I think he threw 110 pitches last Wednesday, and they were very stressful pitches because the Sox were being no-hit by Byrd that night.

Javy needs a laugher one of these nights were he can just go in there and not have to pitch on the edge of a 0-0 or 1-0 game.

chisoxfanatic
05-27-2008, 12:16 AM
It looked like he was not comfortable out there. I saw him stretching a lot on the mound after missing bad on the zone.

I'd have to give him credit for not totally caving in even though the strike zone didn't seem fair tonight.

banTHEstrike
05-27-2008, 12:21 AM
Javy needs a laugher one of these nights were he can just go in there and not have to pitch on the edge of a 0-0 or 1-0 game.

I think they all need one of those games

SoxGirl4Life
05-27-2008, 12:23 AM

He is human, he too can probably be going thru a tired arm out there. I think he threw 110 pitches last Wednesday, and they were very stressful pitches because the Sox were being no-hit by Byrd that night.

I'd like a laugher or two myself!

doublem23
05-27-2008, 01:09 AM

All of our starters have earned a laugher, the way they've kept this season on track thus far.

LoveYourSuit
05-27-2008, 01:14 AM
All of our starters have earned a laugher, the way they've kept this season on track thus far.

Very True, The only reason I only made mention of Javy was because this thread being dedicated to him.

But any time the Sox want to jump off to a 6-0 lead by the 3rd inning, please feel free to do so.

Bright side, no one can say that our starters will not be battle tested for post season. Each game feels like post season where pitch by pitch is big because of the lack of margin for error.

MisterB
05-27-2008, 01:24 AM
I'd like a laugher or two myself!

OK. A minister, a priest and a rabbi walk into a bar...

TDog
05-27-2008, 01:34 AM
I don't think much of the "quality start" statistic. Tonight Vazquez pitched poorly enough to lose but limited the damage to 3 runs.

I believe it speaks well of the Sox starters that an off-night can still yield what people consider a quality start.

JermaineDye05
05-27-2008, 01:37 AM
He didn't have his best stuff but he still pitched good, exactly what we need from Javy.

Noneck
05-27-2008, 01:42 AM
Lets not give only Vazquez the credit for giving the Sox the chance to win. He's a veteran and he should do it. Lets look at what the "kids" have done to give the Sox a chance to win. Danks and Floyd, they are the story.

Bucky F. Dent
05-27-2008, 07:30 AM
Very True, The only reason I only made mention of Javy was because this thread being dedicated to him.

But any time the Sox want to jump off to a 6-0 lead by the 3rd inning, please feel free to do so.

Bright side, no one can say that our starters will not be battle tested for post season. Each game feels like post season where pitch by pitch is big because of the lack of margin for error.

They did that a couple of weeks back for him in Seattle, chalked up six (?) in the second, and the Mariners came all the way back in that game and we won it by one or two.

cws05champ
05-27-2008, 07:54 AM
Javy's stuff seemed good, but the Indians were on it. Do you think he was tipping pitches?

veeter
05-27-2008, 10:13 AM
IMO he's gone to the Maddux trouble solution: when in a jam go slow and slower. He did that last night and got a lot of pop ups on change-ups. Before he might have tried to blow it past hitters. He's also limited his walks.

ondafarm
05-27-2008, 10:26 AM

That's whom. Objective case, use the accusative pronoun.

LoveYourSuit
05-27-2008, 11:34 AM
They did that a couple of weeks back for him in Seattle, chalked up six (?) in the second, and the Mariners came all the way back in that game and we won it by one or two.

Well, you did find the ONLY time we did this. And it was for Javy out all people. So screw you Javy, you already got your one night of support.