PDA

View Full Version : Kansas City...

jabrch
05-26-2008, 11:21 PM
There were folks here saying we'd struggle to be better than KC this year.

It looks like the real Royals are now showing up.

Alex Gordon is going to be a star in this game - Greinke and Soria have looked great.

But this is another crappy KC team.

I'd really like to see them contracted.

RKMeibalane
05-26-2008, 11:23 PM

Alex Gordon is going to be a star in this game - Greinke and Soria have looked great.

Agreed, and it's a shame, as this franchise has a nice tradition, but they haven't accomplished anything in twenty three years.

A. Cavatica
05-26-2008, 11:29 PM

Not as long as there's a Wild Card spot to be won...

ShoelessJoeS
05-26-2008, 11:35 PM
Speaking of the Royals....are we ever going to play them?

DumpJerry
05-26-2008, 11:53 PM
Speaking of the Royals....are we ever going to play them?
Next week. Good thing we did not play them in April when they won 80% of their season total.

jabrch
05-26-2008, 11:57 PM
Next week. Good thing we did not play them in April when they won 80% of their season total.

We have been fairly fortunate with the schedule this year...lots of Detroit early. A lot of Cleveland in May. Then hopefully a lot of weak KC in the late summer...

JB98
05-27-2008, 12:02 AM
We have been fairly fortunate with the schedule this year...lots of Detroit early. A lot of Cleveland in May. Then hopefully a lot of weak KC in the late summer...

We caught the Angels at a time where key players are out of the lineup as well. We didn't see Figgins or Kendrick.

I look for Anaheim to be stronger in the second half, but we already have seven games with them off the schedule. And I believe our remaining series with them is at home.

thomas35forever
05-27-2008, 12:58 AM
This thread made me realize that we haven't played KC yet this year. Guess we'll see if they've changed against us next week.

HomeFish
05-27-2008, 01:07 AM
Its also possible that we missed the hot Rays.

DumpJerry
05-27-2008, 07:29 AM
Its also possible that we missed the hot Rays.
:?:? They are on a four game win streak, in first place and 2.5 games ahead of us in the overall AL standings.

We play them for four games later this week in Tampa. You might have forgotten that we get them twice this season in Tampa-an unusual occurence for a non-division rival.

amsteel
05-27-2008, 10:36 AM
Are the non-central teams that we play two road series against rotated? Because in 06 we played twice in Toronto in a little over two months.

First (real) post!

chisox77
05-27-2008, 12:16 PM
Welcome to WSI, amsteel!

:cool:

WhiteSox5187
05-27-2008, 01:28 PM
I don't think contraction is the answer for KC, but since I don't follow them a lot, I'm not sure what exactly they should do. They appear to have some good young talent.

palehozenychicty
05-27-2008, 03:15 PM
I don't think contraction is the answer for KC, but since I don't follow them a lot, I'm not sure what exactly they should do. They appear to have some good young talent.

They're realistically a year or two away, with Gordon, Greinke, Hochevar, and Soria leading the way. I think they could use one-two more sticks and another starter.

TDog
05-27-2008, 03:49 PM

For something like the 30th consecutive year, I am pulling for the Twins to be contracted. I see no reason to contract the Royals, too.