PDA

View Full Version : Anybody see this last night?

WinningUgly!
05-03-2002, 09:16 AM
I guess the Sox have some sort of poll going to see which 4 all-time White Sox should be put up on "Mt. Soxmore". Hawk & DJ were talking about it last night. I wonder were the hell that got that idea from? :angry:

I had this in my sig at least 3-4 months ago & it's been on my sCrUBBY City site for quite a while.

Iwritecode
05-03-2002, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
I guess the Sox have some sort of poll going to see which 4 all-time White Sox should be put up on "Mt. Soxmore". Hawk & DJ were talking about it last night. I wonder were the hell that got that idea from? :angry:

I had this in my sig at least 3-4 months ago & it's been on my sCrUBBY City site for quite a while.

You know, as popular as this site has gotten in the past year or so, I've often wondered how many "big name" (for lack of a better description) people have been on here reading some of this stuff. It's amazing how I will read about something on here and within a week I will all of a sudden hear them talking about it on TV or radio or read the same sort of thing in the paper.

WinningUgly!
05-03-2002, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
It's amazing how I will read about something on here and within a week I will all of a sudden hear them talking about it on TV or radio or read the same sort of thing in the paper.
I know, it happens all the time.

Foulke You
05-03-2002, 04:40 PM
No foolin'! I instantly thought of your sig W.U.! I think there are more lurkers on this site then even we imagine.

CerberusWG
05-03-2002, 05:03 PM
WU they have been talking about taht for about a week now, but they still ripped your sig which sucks.

Nellie_Fox
05-04-2002, 12:39 AM
I did send in my vote, however. My choices were:
Ed Walsh
"Shoeless" Joe Jackson
Luke Appling
Nellie Fox (surprise!)

Frank is on most people's votes, but I think that someone's entire "body of work" should be in before they get immortalized like that.

RedPinStripes
05-04-2002, 12:46 AM
Call me paronoid, but i head a lot more hell and damn's in the pregame today. They'll never match Sox-and-Roll' language. lol :D:

Nellie_Fox
05-04-2002, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
Call me paronoid, but i head a lot more hell and damn's in the pregame today. They'll never match Sox-and-Roll' language. lol :D:
Oh, yeah. I'm sure they've decided that foul language is the way to go to be cutting edge.

RedPinStripes
05-04-2002, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox

Oh, yeah. I'm sure they've decided that foul language is the way to go to be cutting edge.

You forgot the teal. :D:

WinningUgly!
05-04-2002, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes

:DJ
"F*@#in' Clayton!"

:hawk
"I love the F-word Feisty!"

"Mmmn hmmn."

RedPinStripes
05-04-2002, 01:23 AM

"F*@#in' Clayton!"

"I love the F-word Feisty!"

"Mmmn hmmn."

LOL!

Pete_SSAC
05-04-2002, 01:25 AM
"Awww, you'll always be my b*tch DJ."

"Here's a reminder, SHUT THE F*CK UP!!!"

- Pete

RedPinStripes
05-04-2002, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by Pete_SSAC
"Awww, you'll always be my b*tch DJ."

"Here's a reminder, SHUT THE F*CK UP!!!"

- Pete

I would pay to hear a show like that on fsn. lol

doublem23
05-04-2002, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
You know, as popular as this site has gotten in the past year or so, I've often wondered how many "big name" (for lack of a better description) people have been on here reading some of this stuff. It's amazing how I will read about something on here and within a week I will all of a sudden hear them talking about it on TV or radio or read the same sort of thing in the paper.

I know Wills (can't remember his first name.. took vicious blow to the head iin roller hockey today), from ESPN radio mentions us on the air every now and then...

Who knows whose hiding behind that lurker facade? :smile:

CLR01
05-04-2002, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by doublem23
Who knows whose hiding behind that lurker facade? :smile:

Yeah and West has them all listed in cubie blue. :smile:

FarWestChicago
05-04-2002, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by CLR01

Yeah and West has them all listed in cubie blue. :smile: :)

MikeKreevich
05-04-2002, 05:04 PM

Why don't you email the hawkaroo and ask him? I allways wonder, when the Hawk gets an email, if it is from a WSI member.

WinningUgly!
05-04-2002, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by Guzman's Goat

Why don't you email the hawkaroo and ask him? I allways wonder, when the Hawk gets an email, if it is from a WSI member.

What's the email adress? I can never remember it.

Nellie_Fox
05-05-2002, 01:43 AM
What's the email adress? I can never remember it.
Since there's no teal in your question: soxtv@chicagosports.com

WinningUgly!
05-05-2002, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox

Since there's no teal in your question: soxtv@chicagosports.com
Thanks Nellie! I've seen it on the screen & heard them say it hundreds of times, but I guess I'm never paying attention.

Just sent them this.....
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I thought I'd drop a line and let you all in on when and where the idea of "Mt. Soxmore" came from. About 5-6 months ago, I
created it to put up on my anti-Cub website (sCrUBBY City (http://www.geocities.com/scrubbycity/home.html) -"Mt. Soxmore" is found in the "Sox Pix" section) and I also used the
idea as part of my signature on the White Sox Interactive (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com) message boards. I'm sure that my version of "Mt. Soxmore" is the
inspiration behind what you are now using during the Sox games. I actually have two different versions of it...one featuring
current players: Thomas, Valentin, Buerhle & Ordonez...the other with the greatest White Sox players during my 30 years of life:
Fisk, Baines, Thomas & Ordonez.

Everything that I've created on my website was with other White Sox fans in mind. All images are made in hopes that they will be
passed on from Sox fan to Sox fan for fun. I love the fact that my "Mt. Soxmore" image inspired the "all-time Mt. Soxmore" thing
that is being used on TV. I just hope that whoever "came up" with the idea on your end, is an honest enough person to admit
where he/she found the idea & not claiming it as their own. I'm not interested in pats on the back or freebies...just passing on the facts.

Thanks for listening &
GO SOX!

Jim "WINNINGUGLY!" Lowe
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Think I'll get a response?

FarWestChicago
05-05-2002, 12:09 PM

Think I'll get a response? LOL, no. But, at least you made your point. :smile:

WinningUgly!
05-05-2002, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
LOL, no. But, at least you made your point. :smile:

I actually got one!

Whoever came up with the idea was someone who sent us an email. No one at the White Sox or WGN "stole" anything from your website. No one even knew you had a website until you sent your email to us.

Thanks for watching.

In my email to them, I never once accused them of stealing things from me! Notice how they conveniently failed to mention WSI?

FarWestChicago
05-05-2002, 05:37 PM

In my email to them, I never once accused them of stealing things from me! Notice how they conveniently failed to mention WSI? :knue

That's right! Nobody is mentioning you technogeeks!