PDA

View Full Version : Carlos Lee is an Idiot

RKMeibalane
05-25-2008, 02:30 PM
I've been watching the MLBTV broadcast of the Phillies-Astros game this afternoon. Carlos struck homeplate umpire Jerry Crawford in the back of the head as he followed through on his swing. Crawford was forced to leave the game with an undisclosed head injury. Carlos meanwhile, was standing there laughing after Crawford left the field.

:caballo

"I'm a fat slob who doesn't know how to behave."

manders_01
05-25-2008, 04:22 PM
Whether that was done by accident or not, nothing about it is funny. What a douche!

Tragg
05-25-2008, 11:05 PM
Lee always has that smile going though. I didn't see the play.

Our boy Erstad had a walk-off catch it throw home for the double play assist yesterday.
Houston uses him appropriately: as a late inning RESERVE

gogosox16
05-25-2008, 11:21 PM
Lee always has that smile going though. I didn't see the play.

Our boy Erstad had a walk-off catch it throw home for the double play assist yesterday.
Houston uses him appropriately: as a late inning RESERVE
And to think that he was our starting Center Fielder last year just makes me cringe every time I think about the 07' sox

TDog
05-26-2008, 12:46 AM
And to think that he was our starting Center Fielder last year just makes me cringe every time I think about the 07' sox

Erstad would be an improvement over Swisher, though.

Lefty34
05-26-2008, 01:04 AM
Erstad would be an improvement over Swisher, though.

In terms of a defensive CF...yes. But in terms of with the bat...oh wait, crap. Swisher really needs to step it up at the cost of me, and a bunch of others on this forum, looking like an idiot for trying to defend him...

WhiteSox5187
05-26-2008, 01:14 AM
In terms of a defensive CF...yes. But in terms of with the bat...oh wait, crap. Swisher really needs to step it up at the cost of me, and a bunch of others on this forum, looking like an idiot for trying to defend him...
The best defense between Erstand and Swish is that Swish can stay healthy. Erstad didn't.

LoveYourSuit
05-26-2008, 02:01 AM
I've been watching the MLBTV broadcast of the Phillies-Astros game this afternoon. Carlos struck homeplate umpire Jerry Crawford in the back of the head as he followed through on his swing. Crawford was forced to leave the game with an undisclosed head injury. Carlos meanwhile, was standing there laughing after Crawford left the field.

:caballo

"I'm a fat slob who doesn't know how to behave."

I am almost 99.9% sure Carlos was not laughing at the injury, even Pete Rose would not be that cold blooded.

1. Might be a nervous laugh
2. Someone must have said a joke to cool things off in such a tense moment.
3. Might be just the same old Carlos smirk you get from him all the time.

Lefty34
05-26-2008, 02:25 AM
I am almost 99.9% sure Carlos was not laughing at the injury, even Pete Rose would not be that cold blooded.

That was, COOOOOLD BLOOOODED! (http://herec.bitarbyter.com/shopimages/914040ab7cfcd82a4cd255aa3a0744d1c4608072d5a5397e60 dc14d950afbbb1.JPG)

chaerulez
05-26-2008, 03:23 AM
How do you know Lee was laughing at Crawford? You don't.

If you don't think it was approriate for Lee to laugh for any reason, then that's your own opinion. But he accidently hit a guy who wasn't seriously hurt, really don't see the big deal.

hi im skot
05-26-2008, 03:47 AM
After seeing the highlights, it certainly didn't look like Carlos was enjoying the moment.

This thread deserves a big fat one of these:

:threadsucks

fquaye149
05-26-2008, 11:04 AM

Somehow I doubt that's how it went down. But I didn't see it so :shrug: