PDA

View Full Version : It is now obvious to me.....

MaggPipes
05-03-2002, 08:25 AM
WE DESPERATELY NEED A #5!!

Holy crap, Rauch is no where near ready and needs to work out his velocity and control problems in AAA for ATLEAST one more year. Not to mention Jim Parque has just fallen into a new and very hard to achieve chategory......having a lower trade value than Royce Clayton...OUCH.....well congrats Jim, shut your mouth and go throw in AAA for and year, and then sign with the friggin' Yankees....that is to be their bat boy....sorry I could not help it...though it would be funny if the Yankmees signed him...KW we need a #5 and it is not going to be Biddle, the stupid rehabing pitchers have me gun shy, we should have signed a cheap innings eater......now it looks like C Lee is heating up, he may be heading out...

Viva Magglio
05-03-2002, 08:43 AM
Until he gets his ears pinned back, No. 5 should be Gary Glover.

Paulwny
05-03-2002, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by MaggPipes

we should have signed a cheap innings eater......now it looks like C Lee is heating up, he may be heading out...

We had an innings eater in Lowe. I like Ritchie but, we gave too much. We could have gotten Ritchie for Wells, Fogg, and a minor league throw-in.

harwar
05-03-2002, 11:31 AM
What happened to Rauch doesn't surprise me.Hes' just a kid and why do we need a 7 ft. soft tosser anyway(maybe he should go pitch in south africa).I don't know what to make out of Parque.Between Glover,Biddle,Wright,& Garland i'm just crossing my fingers,because if they don't come thru,then what the hell do we do then.I guess thats what comes from having a bunch of young arms and just hoping for the best.Also,i don't know what makes me more angry.The fact that we were on the bad side of a history making effort(why is it never the White Sox?) or the fact that WE couldn't get more offense against J.B.

hold2dibber
05-03-2002, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny

We had an innings eater in Lowe. I like Ritchie but, we gave too much. We could have gotten Ritchie for Wells, Fogg, and a minor league throw-in.

Huh? Lowe has never pitched more than 127 innings in his major league career. That doesn't qualify as an "innings eater." Lowe was a decent middle reliever, nothing more, nothing less. Also, it seems to me that even when he started, he rarely made it past the 6th inning, and had a few games where he was done by the 3rd. He was serviceable and nice to have on the team, but Fogg is the guy who we should have kept (he was awesome when he was called up last year and has been awesome so far this year). I'd be very surprised if KW couldn't have gotten Ritchie for Wells, Lowe and some low ball "prospect". He never should have thrown in Fogg.

Paulwny
05-03-2002, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber

Lowe was a decent middle reliever, nothing more, nothing less. Also, it seems to me that even when he started, he rarely made it past the 6th inning, and had a few games where he was done by the 3rd ;. .

Agree, Lowe is a decent middle reliver, instead we see Parque get shelled because JM didn't want to use up the pen in last nights game.
This team now needs a middle reliever who can go 4-5 innings and save the pen for another day.

hold2dibber
05-03-2002, 05:47 PM
Exactly. Assuming that Glover is now the #5 starter, I'm hoping Biddle can be that long guy in the pen. But who knows if he's totally healthy. I sure would feel better if KW went out and got a solid #3 or 4 starter OR a solid middle relief guy or two.

Paulwny
05-03-2002, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
Exactly. Assuming that Glover is now the #5 starter, I'm hoping Biddle can be that long guy in the pen. But who knows if he's totally healthy. I sure would feel better if KW went out and got a solid #3 or 4 starter OR a solid middle relief guy or two.

Agree. there are holes in the staff.

Tragg
05-03-2002, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny

Agree. there are holes in the staff.

No question, but we've had them for 2 years; we've also had no shortstop for about 8 years. The GM's prior trades haven't filled any holes, so I just as soon him keep the phone on the hook.

BackInBlack
05-04-2002, 01:16 AM
I don't want a new No. 5. I want a new No. 3 that pushes Danny Wright to the 4-spot and Garland to the 5. In the playoffs, we're going to need a solid No. 3 pitcher, and Danny Wright / Jon Garland aren't ready for that kind of pressure. I realize we have to give quality to get quality, and I'm not sure who I'd give up, but if we want to advance through the playoffs, I believe we need to bring in a new No. 3 from outside the organization.

And Jerry Reinsdorf says he'd trade in all 6 NBA titles for a World Series ring. Here's his chance to prove it. "Take a chance" and re-sign Lofton AND Durham while giving KW the thumbs up for a solid No. 3. Willie Harris is a nice prospect, but if Jerry's concerned about filling up Comiskey, packing Ray-Ray's bags aren't the way to do it.

I firmly believe this team is one No. 3 pitcher away from being TRUE contenders.