PDA

View Full Version : Shock from ESPN

Railsplitter
05-23-2008, 07:18 AM
The Sox are actually ahead of the Red Sox and Yankees on Sports Center.

I am shocked.

KnightSox
05-23-2008, 07:35 AM

I am shocked.It takes an eight game win streak or the end of the world to bounce the Sawx or Yanks.

DumpJerry
05-23-2008, 07:50 AM
The Yanks are on ESPN's **** list. They are turning out to be major disappointments and ESPN is ready to say "it's your mom's fault you can't win."

cws05champ
05-23-2008, 08:27 AM

I am shocked.
I noticed that last night too. considering the RedCubs havea 7 game winning streak I was really surprised. I was a pissed on Tuesday when the hightlights of a battle for first place in the central were glossed over for 20 seconds at the end of SC. Meanwhile...let's have a 3 minute showcase of what it was like to be in Boston on Monday(seriously...not a joke). I really don't watch ESPN much anymore but I'm curious of their coverage during this winning streak.

itsnotrequired
05-23-2008, 08:52 AM

I am shocked.

Get real. The Red Sox and Yankees do not always lead.

Dan Mega
05-23-2008, 09:00 AM
Get real. The Red Sox and Yankees do not always lead.

True. Sometimes its the Mets, Patriots, or Celtics.

btrain929
05-23-2008, 09:08 AM

I am shocked.

Red Sox were 1st on BBTN...

Zisk77
05-23-2008, 09:11 AM
Wed. night i drove from Quincy to edwardsville (approximately 2 1/2 hrs.). i listened to ESPNNEWS radio on the way. i heard Colon's bosox debut about 15 times, i heard the yanks /orioles score multiple times. Ditto for the heroics of vomit boy in the giant/rox game and the the legend of jack Cust in A's/rays. mets/braves updates and Webb's streak being broken were also heard.
I had to resist driving head-on into a semi while listening to the multiple reports of the Manchester United chelsea kickball game (communist!). I heard the game 1 NBA minutia as well as the juicy stories about jason Taylor and Cedric Benson...who cares, really.

Not once did i hear the Sox Indians score!:angry::angry::angry::angry::scratch::scratc h:

mccoydp
05-23-2008, 09:26 AM
Funny to note that ESPN even got the Sox win streak number incorrect at the end of the game highlight on Sports Center. They had 7 games on the digital banner, before they transitioned to the Red Cubs (they got their number right).

Bill Naharodny
05-23-2008, 10:44 AM
The other day, ESPN's Bottom Line noted that the Red Sox had DFA'd Julian Tavarez.

That's really national news. Thank goodness I was able to learn about that in real time.

RedHeadPaleHoser
05-23-2008, 10:59 AM
Funny to note that ESPN even got the Sox win streak number incorrect at the end of the game highlight on Sports Center. They had 7 games on the digital banner, before they transitioned to the Red Cubs (they got their number right).

No, they had it right because prior to the game, it was 7 - it was comparative to the Red Sawx's streak prior to last night's game.

I'm just ****ing sick and tired of them calling it "The Nation".

PatK
05-23-2008, 11:01 AM
I dunno, maybe some of you should do what I did- quit watching ESPN.

I only watch it when there is a game/event on that I'm interested in watching. Other than that, it's off.

ESPN has basically become what most sports radio is- nothing but unlistenable, uniformed bandwagonning and cheerleading.

In the mornings, I've been watching Comcast to get my sports updates.

chaerulez
05-23-2008, 11:12 AM
Wed. night i drove from Quincy to edwardsville (approximately 2 1/2 hrs.). i listened to ESPNNEWS radio on the way. i heard Colon's bosox debut about 15 times, i heard the yanks /orioles score multiple times. Ditto for the heroics of vomit boy in the giant/rox game and the the legend of jack Cust in A's/rays. mets/braves updates and Webb's streak being broken were also heard.
I had to resist driving head-on into a semi while listening to the multiple reports of the Manchester United chelsea kickball game (communist!). I heard the game 1 NBA minutia as well as the juicy stories about jason Taylor and Cedric Benson...who cares, really.

Not once did i hear the Sox Indians score!:angry::angry::angry::angry::scratch::scratc h:

Yeah a sport and an socioeconomic structure are related, you are ignorant as hell. You might have some sort of point if the sport was invented by Lenin in Russia. But it wasn't. Modern soccer was formed by the English. Your xenophobia is laughable.

SoxfaninLA
05-23-2008, 11:23 AM
I dunno, maybe some of you should do what I did- quit watching ESPN.

I only watch it when there is a game/event on that I'm interested in watching. Other than that, it's off the radio.

ESPN has basically become what most sports radio is- nothing but unlistenable, uniformed bandwagonning and cheerleading.

Agreed. I used to watch Sportscenter daily for highlights, but haven't watched it regularly for about 2.5 years, and can probably count on one hand the number of times I have watched more than 5 minutes of that network outside of a game since then. MLB.com posts highlights of every game so if I missed the Sox I still have a place where I can watch the latest CQ homerun without resorting to ESPN.

Even their "bottom line" has been worthless for some time now. It takes way too long to get through that thing so if you need a score obviously internet is the first option, but if that isn't an option at the moment text google is your best friend, and much quicker than waiting 5 minutes for the ticker to get back around to baseball scores.

kitekrazy
05-23-2008, 11:28 AM
Agreed. I used to watch Sportscenter daily for highlights, but haven't watched it regularly for about 2.5 years, and can probably count on one hand the number of times I have watched more than 5 minutes of that network outside of a game since then.

Same here. I give it as much attention as the HSN.

SOXfnNlansing
05-23-2008, 12:40 PM
I'm down in St Thomas right now on my honeymoon.. It's so brutal to get coverage on the hot SOX winning streak! At least I have the internet on my cell phone. All espn has is mets, yankees, and red sox. The hotel doesn't have wgn so I have to wait for Sunday night's SOX/Angels game to see the boys in action.

ps.. I had to break down and pay the $14.95/day for internet access today so I can catch up on here and read all the articles the past few days.

Lip Man 1
05-23-2008, 12:59 PM
Rail:

What is this Eastern Sports Programming Network that you speak of?

Lip

itsnotrequired
05-23-2008, 01:04 PM
True. Sometimes its the Mets, Patriots, or Celtics.

:rolleyes:

Zisk77
05-23-2008, 01:27 PM
Yeah a sport and an socioeconomic structure are related, you are ignorant as hell. You might have some sort of point if the sport was invented by Lenin in Russia. But it wasn't. Modern soccer was formed by the English. Your xenophobia is laughable.

Take it easy Francis! I was being facetious. Like I really think soccer and Communism are related. :scratch:BTW Marx and Engels were both English citizens IIRC and Lenin didn't found communism...troglodyte :tongue:. I'm not a xenophobe (which is the fear of foreigners) either ...I just hate soccer. You don't, I get it. Take it to the sissyboard...err I mean Manchester United Board.

Soxfanspcu11
05-23-2008, 05:16 PM
Those morons NEVER cease to amaze Me and come up with something new that proves their bias and it is SOOOOOOO past the point of annoying. I don't even watch ESPN anymore.

I was at a bar and it was on and it was ridiculous seeing how they are treating the Eastern Conference Finals as if it is the NBA Championship. Whatever.

Madscout
05-23-2008, 05:58 PM
I couldn't get cable, so I just have what my cable calls "basic" cable. Just a few channels, no ESPN. I am a lot happier.

Railsplitter
05-23-2008, 08:31 PM
What is this Eastern Sports Programming Network that you speak of?

Eastern Sports Programming Netowk? I hought it stood for Employs Stupid People Network. :wink:

itsnotrequired: I never said the BoSox and Yankees were always first. They're usually on in the first fifteen mintues, while the Real Sox usually come in around the 45 minute mark.