PDA

View Full Version : Last Night's game was a sell out!

beasly213
05-22-2008, 09:50 AM
I don't remember the last time a Wednesday night game was a sell out. Maybe sometime in 05 or 06 in September but it's been a loooong time since then.

Does anyone remember the last time the Sox sold out a weekday night game this early in the year?

The crowd was pretty good from what I can tell. Minus the wave that started in the 8th! :angry:

turners56
05-22-2008, 09:56 AM
I thought it was going to be around 20,000 when the game started. Late arriving crowd I guess.

oeo
05-22-2008, 10:11 AM
I don't remember the last time a Wednesday night game was a sell out. Maybe sometime in 05 or 06 in September but it's been a loooong time since then.

Does anyone remember the last time the Sox sold out a weekday night game this early in the year?

The crowd was pretty good from what I can tell. Minus the wave that started in the 8th! :angry:

I was surprised how full it was when I saw the highlights last night. Hopefully it's the same tonight. :thumbsup:

nug0hs
05-22-2008, 10:20 AM
I believe Rongey told us the walkup attendance last night...does anyone remember what he said?

kobo
05-22-2008, 11:09 AM
I went to the game last night with a couple of friends, it was a last minute decision and we decided to get tickets at the park. We arrived at the start of the 2nd, partly due to all the traffic around the ballpark which I thought was weird. I was then further surprised when we went to buy tickets and was told the game was sold out. We could have had tickets behind home plate but opted for Standing Room instead. When did they start selling Standing Room tickets?

South Side Irish
05-22-2008, 11:12 AM
Last night was a Teacher Night voucher promotion. We get tickets for dirt cheap (75% off), and they give out tons of vouchers. My staff alone had about 20 teachers/families go and sit in the upper deck. I have to imagine the excitement of summer coming, the Sox playing great ball, and beautiful weather played a role.

southside rocks
05-22-2008, 11:14 AM

I was in box 116 and I too thought the crowd was great -- minus that wave thing.

The fans were pretty jazzed at that point because the Sox hit really well for a couple of innings, and then Betancourt came in and he just sloooooooowed it all down, and the wave started. So I blame Betancourt for that nonsense. :tongue:

Beautiful night, great game!

UofCSoxFan
05-22-2008, 11:25 AM
I hate me some attendance threads.

doublem23
05-22-2008, 11:29 AM
I hate me some attendance threads.

At least this one is postive. :dunno:

You could feel the crowd even through the radio broadcast. Sounded like fun. :(:

I'll be there Saturday, though. :cool:

VeeckAsInWreck
05-22-2008, 11:36 AM
At least this one is postive. :dunno:

You could feel the crowd even through the radio broadcast. Sounded like fun. :(:

I'll be there Saturday, though. :cool:

Agreed. I watched on WCIU last night and the place looked packed. They did show the wave around the 8th inning but still it looked like a big crowd that had a lot of fun.

I'll be there for the Sunday night game. :moonwalk:

soxfan21
05-22-2008, 11:37 AM
I think that this weekend's games will be crazy. Both nationally televised, and a Sunday night game in which the crowd should be a lively one. Can't wait for the weekend :bandance:.

Foulke You
05-22-2008, 12:02 PM
That crowd sounded pretty jacked up through my TV. It was good to hear. The team is playing great and they deserve the sellout.

I'll be at Friday's game against the Angels of Anaheim. I'm sure Torii Hunter will get a nice warm reception from Sox fans.

Chicken Dinner
05-22-2008, 12:06 PM
Last night was a Teacher Night voucher promotion. We get tickets for dirt cheap (75% off), and they give out tons of vouchers. My staff alone had about 20 teachers/families go and sit in the upper deck. I have to imagine the excitement of summer coming, the Sox playing great ball, and beautiful weather played a role.

That explains the "Wave". :D:

South Side Irish
05-22-2008, 12:20 PM
That explains the "Wave". :D:

How bout it. I was embarrassed. And you didn't have to see all the ugly sweaters.

btrain929
05-22-2008, 12:39 PM
That crowd sounded pretty jacked up through my TV. It was good to hear. The team is playing great and they deserve the sellout.

I'll be at Friday's game against the Angels of Anaheim. I'm sure Torii Hunter will get a nice warm reception from Sox fans.

I'll be there Sunday night.

As for Torii, boo that man. Boo him 'til the end of time.....

alohafri
05-22-2008, 12:45 PM
I was in box 116 and I too thought the crowd was great -- minus that wave thing.

The fans were pretty jazzed at that point because the Sox hit really well for a couple of innings, and then Betancourt came in and he just sloooooooowed it all down, and the wave started. So I blame Betancourt for that nonsense. :tongue:

Beautiful night, great game!

If Betancourt moved any slower he'd have been going backwards.

swish
05-22-2008, 01:13 PM
I was in 138, first row! It was great, Jeff Cox and I exchanged signs every inning before the White Sox would bat. He eventually tossed me a ball! He seems to be a great guy!

tacosalbarojas
05-22-2008, 01:19 PM
I believe Rongey told us the walkup attendance last night...does anyone remember what he said?I believe he said 3,000.

Jimmy Piersall
05-22-2008, 01:53 PM
I went to the game last night with a couple of friends, it was a last minute decision and we decided to get tickets at the park. We arrived at the start of the 2nd, partly due to all the traffic around the ballpark which I thought was weird. I was then further surprised when we went to buy tickets and was told the game was sold out. We could have had tickets behind home plate but opted for Standing Room instead. When did they start selling Standing Room tickets?

Not sure when they started selling SRT but i did the same thing
back in July of '06 so it does go back at least a couple years.

itsnotrequired
05-22-2008, 01:56 PM
Not sure when they started selling SRT but i did the same thing
back in July of '06 so it does go back at least a couple years.

If the game sells out due to walkups, they will offer SROs. If the game is sold out before then, they will not offer SRO.

AnkleSox
05-22-2008, 03:39 PM
I was there in section 540, definitely did not expect the upper tank to be so packed but it was great to see. The wave that wouldn't stop...come on people, that made me wanna puke.

Bruizer
05-22-2008, 05:29 PM
The game was also a Government Employee's discount night. I was there on Tuesday and there were only about 27,000 people that night.

Bru :cool: