PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Back Carlton Fisk Night (May 22)

Max Power
05-21-2008, 02:37 PM
Per email from the White Sox:

MOD EDIT: The content from whitesox.com is copyrighted. Please don't copy and paste it directly to our boards. Yes, I know it was an email, but it's still under copyright. And no, the Quote function doesn't allow you to circumvent copyright laws.

Oops, sorry. Quick summary: There will be a ceremony and video highlights for Carlton Fisk before Thursday's game vs. Cleveland.

The concept worked well for the Blackhawks. I was planning to go to tomorrow's game anyway, so this is just an added bonus.

soxfan21
05-21-2008, 06:10 PM
Yeah, should be a good time. He was my favorite player as a kid so I'll be there tomorrow nite with my girlfriend and her camera.

October26
05-21-2008, 06:12 PM
Wonderful. I'm so glad the Sox are doing this. Welcome back, pudge!

LongLiveFisk
05-21-2008, 06:16 PM
Who here was at the one back in '93 right before they released him? Does anyone have a pic of him on the motorcycle Bo Jackson rode in to him from centerfield?

MetroPD
05-21-2008, 06:56 PM
The concept worked well for the Blackhawks. I was planning to go to tomorrow's game anyway, so this is just an added bonus.

WOW!! The Blackhawks had Carlton Fisk night too?!?!?

officerron
05-21-2008, 08:02 PM
I was at the one in '93, and even though I was 9, I still remember Bo riding the motorcycle in from center field. Classy move by the Sox front office.

jdm2662
05-21-2008, 08:14 PM
I was at the one in '93, and even though I was 9, I still remember Bo riding the motorcycle in from center field. Classy move by the Sox front office.

I was 16, and at the time, I thought Bo coming out from center field on a Harley was the cooliest thing I've ever seen.

I scored some freebies from my work for tommorrow's game. I was also at the statue ceremony. Just good timing, I guess.