PDA

View Full Version : Andruw Jones has torn knee cartilege.

asindc
05-20-2008, 01:53 PM
ESPN online has reported this. Explains a lot about his play this season.

fquaye149
05-20-2008, 01:57 PM
Well, I'd like to say this should put to rest all the armchair Dodger fans who said he is lazy and greedy, but of course, we all know that's not the case

Chicken Dinner
05-20-2008, 02:12 PM
I guess now he really doesn't care. :D:

fquaye149
05-20-2008, 02:26 PM
if he wasn't fat his knees would be healthy, is what I guess the rallying cry of lousy Dodgers fans is going to be.

White City
05-20-2008, 04:31 PM
Remember though that he was absolutely lousy last year for the Braves during a contract year. The Braves decided then that he was all used up.

turners56
05-20-2008, 04:40 PM
Good thing Kenny Williams didn't give Andruw a contract offer.

palehozenychicty
05-20-2008, 04:50 PM
I don't wish ill on a player, but this could be the best thing for the Dodgers. Now Kemp and Ethier can bookend the outfield.

doublem23
05-20-2008, 04:56 PM
if he wasn't fat his knees would be healthy, is what I guess the rallying cry of lousy Dodgers fans is going to be.

Does that excuse his ****ty attitude, though? His recent quotes about "not caring," speak volumes, IMO. Even if you can forgive his horrible play now that this injury has been revealed, I can see why Dodger fans wouldn't rush to his side.

RedHeadPaleHoser
05-20-2008, 05:38 PM

What? Mariotti, Couch and Morrissey all said not signing Andruw Jones was KW not doing his job!!! Don't you believe anything the media tells you??? :D:

jabrch
05-20-2008, 05:53 PM

It was a low risk deal...

Thigpen "57"
05-20-2008, 05:56 PM
I was so happy we did not sign him in the offseason, and I am sooooo happy we do not have him now.

jabrch
05-20-2008, 06:15 PM
I was so happy we did not sign him in the offseason, and I am sooooo happy we do not have him now.

Just imagine the geuniuses rushing to trash Kenny for not doing his homework and wasting 36mm....

munchman33
05-20-2008, 06:26 PM
Does that excuse his ****ty attitude, though? His recent quotes about "not caring," speak volumes, IMO. Even if you can forgive his horrible play now that this injury has been revealed, I can see why Dodger fans wouldn't rush to his side.

Playing hurt while still under long term contract says a lot more than any frustrated statement to the media ever will.

voodoochile
05-20-2008, 06:27 PM

The not caring could be tied to depression. Chronic pain is one thing that leads to depression. Chronic pain, failure at your career (something you have always excelled at), high expectations and a desire to prove you aren't washed up is a lot of weight to carry for anyone.

Doesn't mean I am right, but it's one possible explanation that fits.

Get the knee fixed, get the rehab done, get him some Prozac or whatever and see if he can't turn it around.

fquaye149
05-20-2008, 06:33 PM

He said he didn't care if fans booed him or sportswriters trashed him. I don't have a problem with that POV and don't see why anyone would.

What he didn't say was that he didn't care if he played well. I can see the confusion given the fact that a certain poster here decided to start a thread to make it look like he said that.