PDA

View Full Version : so what to do with Big Jon?

Iguana775
05-02-2002, 09:29 PM
he seem to be struggling a little. should he still start or put him in the pen and see if he can get it together like garland did last year?? or maybe send him back down and bring up The Rock? just dont let butter start. he is really sucking butt now!!

OfficerKarkovice
05-02-2002, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Iguana775
he seem to be struggling a little. should he still start or put him in the pen and see if he can get it together like garland did last year?? or maybe send him back down and bring up The Rock? just dont let butter start. he is really sucking butt now!!

As much as I didn't want to do this before, I don't think we can let Jon go another start like this. Maybe we stick Glover in for a few spot starts and hope that Rock gets well soon...real soon.

FanOf14
05-02-2002, 09:33 PM
You hit the nail on the head Kark! Glover did alright last year starting in a pinch so hand it off to him. Butter sucks and Rauch needs to be in AAA recouping the shoulder and gaining confidence - not destroying confidence up here.

Iguana775
05-02-2002, 09:39 PM
i would like to have glover start. JM can put Gascan back have glover take rauch's place in the rotation. he always did good last year when given the chance to start.

duke of dorwood
05-02-2002, 11:56 PM
Well they didnt wait long to decide. Jon had progressed before tonight, and should have remained up in long relief.

OfficerKarkovice
05-03-2002, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
Well they didnt wait long to decide. Jon had progressed before tonight, and should have remained up in long relief.
OK so I am confused...have they sent them both down for sure? If so does anybody know who we called up. I imagine this is only from the radio guys so most likely we will have to wait until at least tomorrow to be sure.

duke of dorwood
05-03-2002, 12:09 AM
Manual alluded to it in his post game. It was verified by the radio guys.

Unregistered
05-03-2002, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by OfficerKarkovice

OK so I am confused...have they sent them both down for sure? If so does anybody know who we called up. I imagine this is only from the radio guys so most likely we will have to wait until at least tomorrow to be sure.

I'm sure the game notes at the end of the AP wrap up will give some indication of whether or not it's official. otherwise, the cubune will probably have a blurb on the website in about an hour...