PDA

View Full Version : Have you voted for Quentin?

VeeckAsInWreck
05-19-2008, 03:28 PM
For Carlos Quentin to get into the All-Star game? :cool:

I just submitted my ballot for the AS game and wrote in TCQ. I was wondering if anyone else has been writing him in.

Serve your country or at least your city. OK if you don't live in the city but are a Sox fan.......OK you get the idea

Vote here! (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=cws)

voodoochile
05-19-2008, 03:30 PM
Some things just aren't gonna happen. He might win the final man Internet vote or get selected by the manager, but you aren't going to get him elected writing him in. NO chance in Hell...

WizardsofOzzie
05-19-2008, 03:31 PM
Jerry Owens is on the ballot but Quentin isn't?? :scratch:

voodoochile
05-19-2008, 03:32 PM
Jerry Owens is on the ballot but Quentin isn't?? :scratch:

They are printed in the off season.

oeo
05-19-2008, 03:33 PM

So they can't re-"print" it on the web?

voodoochile
05-19-2008, 03:34 PM
So they can't re-"print" it on the web?

Got me there... I don't know other than consistency why they don't update the computerized ballot to make more sense.

kittle42
05-19-2008, 03:35 PM
Not worth the effort - he'll make the team on his own, anyway.

VeeckAsInWreck
05-19-2008, 03:36 PM

Since a lot of things are done online, you would think that MLB would save some trees (paper) and start having some booths with a computer at MLB parks so fans can vote that way.

Also, it would allow MLB to have a more up to date ballot than the printed one.

btrain929
05-19-2008, 03:39 PM
Francona will select him.

MsSoxVixen22
05-19-2008, 04:03 PM
I will vote for Carlos! The man deserves to go!

doublem23
05-19-2008, 04:17 PM
Got me there... I don't know other than consistency why they don't update the computerized ballot to make more sense.

:tool
Because that's how I run my sport. If you can have a tie All-Star Game, there's no way I'm letting these "fancy computers" muck up our fan voting.

chisoxfanatic
05-19-2008, 06:50 PM
When I'm entering the ballpark, I always ask for a couple more copies of the ballot and punch out only Sox players listed. I'll be voting non-stop online during "Blow Off Week" once I've turned in my grades and cleared out my closet.

JB98
05-19-2008, 06:52 PM
I need more info about TCQ's policies and stances on certain issues :cool:

Frontman
05-19-2008, 07:18 PM
I voted with a write-in; because I want to make sure the powers that be know that Quentin should not be overlooked.

LoveYourSuit
05-19-2008, 08:32 PM
" I VOTED FOR CARLOOOOOOS"

In the words of Carlos Mencia.

chisoxmike
05-19-2008, 08:49 PM
I voted in this poll without knowing what I was voting for. :redface:

I don't vote for the All-Star games.

OzzieBall2004
05-22-2008, 10:17 PM
Apparently the Sox don't want to do it out of fear of jinxing him or putting too much pressure on the kid (I asked my rep), so it's going to be up to us fans to launch a grassroots campaign and strong effort to elect the first write-in AL starter to the All-Star Game.

What do you think? Can it be done? I'm thinking Facebook groups, mass emails, whatever we can do...I just think it would be awesome and prove what great fans we have.

fusillirob1983
05-22-2008, 10:20 PM
If Francona doesn't pick him and Quentin continues to hit how he does, I'd imagine he'd be on the internet ballot at minimum. We've proven that as long as they don't put two Sox players on the ballot (Frank and Konerko in '03 or '04) that we'll get our guy in.

chisoxmike
05-22-2008, 10:26 PM
Somehow, he'll be on the team. He's gotta be.

whitem0nkey
05-22-2008, 11:10 PM
:churrosarmy:
the 1st post needs to have a link for us to vote.

Cuck the Fubs
05-23-2008, 07:32 AM
I'm down :cool:

Sox83Kid
05-23-2008, 10:20 AM
I've been leaving the 3rd outfielder spot blank on the on line ballot and writing in TCQ. I have 21 more votes on my work computer and 25 on my home computer. Being from the Chicago area sure makes you proficient in stuff like this.:D:

VeeckAsInWreck
05-23-2008, 10:26 AM
the 1st post needs to have a link for us to vote.

You're right. My bad for not doing that. I've fixed it and provided a link so we can get the movement going!

skobabe8
05-23-2008, 10:57 AM
He should get selected by the manager. If hes on the 'last man' ballot, I have total faith we will get him in, just like we did in '05 and '06. :cool:

palehozenychicty
05-23-2008, 11:04 AM
I wrote him in, and hope that he can keep it up through June. Francona will pick him then without a doubt.

October26
05-23-2008, 01:27 PM
I've been leaving the 3rd outfielder spot blank on the on line ballot and writing in TCQ. I have 21 more votes on my work computer and 25 on my home computer. Being from the Chicago area sure makes you proficient in stuff like this.:D:

:thumbsup: Yes! You are my kind of person. I believe in voting early and often and I will vote (write in that is) for Carlos Quentin!

chaotic8512
05-23-2008, 01:53 PM
Honestly, I held the stance of Kittle and voodoo at first, but then I just figured, eh, what the hell... I've got some time to kill at work.

I'm surprised no one's said anything about this, but it's extremely easy to get 25 votes in. It took me no longer than 5 minutes. It saves all your answers from the first vote, so all you have to enter is the 5-digit verification codes, then do some clicking. They even have the submit buttons on the top of the vote pages for easy accessibility. I'm going to do as many e-mail addresses as possible.

Screw waiting 'til Francona selects him, he deserves in NOW!! Sox Army, we've done the unthinkable before, let's do it again!

:)

VeeckAsInWreck
05-23-2008, 02:07 PM
Honestly, I held the stance of Kittle and voodoo at first, but then I just figured, eh, what the hell... I've got some time to kill at work.

I'm surprised no one's said anything about this, but it's extremely easy to get 25 votes in. It took me no longer than 5 minutes. It saves all your answers from the first vote, so all you have to enter is the 5-digit verification codes, then do some clicking. They even have the submit buttons on the top of the vote pages for easy accessibility. I'm going to do as many e-mail addresses as possible.

Screw waiting 'til Francona selects him, he deserves in NOW!! Sox Army, we've done the unthinkable before, let's do it again!

:)

RIGHT ON! That's what I'm talking about. I'm writing in TCQ 25 times on three different email addresses that I have. It would be something to hear that TCQ received a lot of votes. Anyone know who holds the record for most write in votes? :scratch:

Anyway, write-in TCQ early and often!

Sox Army I know we can do this!

I want Mags back
05-23-2008, 03:04 PM
Not worth the effort - he'll make the team on his own, anyway.
exactly. Only Yankees and Red Sawks win the starting vote anyways

Bucky F. Dent
05-25-2008, 09:48 PM
Just finished my 25 write in votes for TCQ!

gogosox16
05-25-2008, 09:51 PM
Francona will select him.
You never know, Francona's got to pick Ellsbury and Crisp to platoon out in Center for the All star game:tongue:

Scottiehaswheels
05-25-2008, 09:54 PM
I've got 75 in on my 3 current email addy's... Working nights tomorrow so I'll prolly make up a dozen more email addy's in the meantime. :D:

RadioheadRocks
05-26-2008, 05:44 AM
I'm thinking "Final Man" internet vote is what will happen here.

"PUNCH THE CARLOS QUENTIN!!!" :bandance::bandance::bandance:

Rockin Robin
05-26-2008, 08:13 AM
exactly. Only Yankees and Red Sawks win the starting vote anyways

I'm constantly astounded by the fixation on the Sox/Yanks coverage here...Get over it

gogosox16
05-26-2008, 10:04 AM
I'm constantly astounded by the fixation on the Sox/Yanks coverage here...Get over it
If you haven't noticed a lot of us heres speciality is to bitch and moan about not getting enough media coverage and hearing about the Yanks and Redsox nation:smile:

chaotic8512
05-26-2008, 05:28 PM
I don't know about you guys, but I've gotten e-mails from MLB.com, saying I could vote 25 more times on the same e-mail address. I've voted 75 on one, 25 on another... still have two more e-mail addresses to go through.

100 votes each from 100 people is 10,000 votes... WSI can come up with that number in a day or two! Who's to say that we can't come up with several hundred thousand votes in a month?

Come on White Sox Army... let's keep stuffing the ballots!

VOTE FOR CHANGE... VOTE T-C-Q!!!!

turners56
05-26-2008, 05:33 PM
I don't know about you guys, but I've gotten e-mails from MLB.com, saying I could vote 25 more times on the same e-mail address. I've voted 75 on one, 25 on another... still have two more e-mail addresses to go through.

100 votes each from 100 people is 10,000 votes... WSI can come up with that number in a day or two! Who's to say that we can't come up with several hundred thousand votes in a month?

Come on White Sox Army... let's keep stuffing the ballots!

VOTE FOR CHANGE... VOTE T-C-Q!!!!

Or if we get somebody who knows how to do some bots or macros, we could overstuff the ballot completely. It's not like we're doing anything wrong, TCQ certainly deserves it. Plus, 100,000 votes isn't going to get him anywhere. We'd need at least a couple million.

chaotic8512
05-26-2008, 05:41 PM
Or if we get somebody who knows how to do some bots or macros, we could overstuff the ballot completely. It's not like we're doing anything wrong, TCQ certainly deserves it. Plus, 100,000 votes isn't going to get him anywhere. We'd need at least a couple million.

Believe me, man, I know. Ichiro Suzuki had around 2.3 million votes as the 3rd place vote-getter last year. Several hundred thousand from us (I truly think we could get 500,000 if we're dedicated enough) definitely helps, but I know it's not enough.

And WSI isn't the only place where White Sox fans exist. We're just the only ones that really matter. :redneck

SOXSINCE'70
05-26-2008, 05:52 PM
TCQ has my vote.:cool:

Sox
05-26-2008, 06:24 PM
I voted 25 times for the White Sox and I also remembered to add Carlos Quentin on the write in section of the ballot. Frankly I am concerned that it will be a Yankees/Red Sawks all star game because of the lineups and the manager that gets to make the decision as to who starts and who doesn't.:o:

decolores9628
05-27-2008, 10:25 PM
Just voted for him today, first time in a couple of years I have voted on the All Star Ballot

chaotic8512
05-29-2008, 09:30 AM
I'm not letting this die!!

Come on guys, let's at least try and get him in the top 15. That would be a major accomplishment, and could really get MLB to thinking about at LEAST changing the fact that ballots are finalized before the season even starts. Because I guarantee you, if TCQ was on the ballot right now, he'd be top 10, maybe even top 5.

I'm going to try to hit over 500 votes today. Someone who has time on their hands, join me! :redneck

thomas35forever
05-31-2008, 09:40 PM
TCQ leading the write-in candidates. Guess you could call that some success.:shrug:
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080530&content_id=2798569&vkey=allstar2008&fext=.jsp

Frankfan4life
06-03-2008, 05:10 PM
Every chance I get, I will be voting for TCQ with a vengence! He richly deserves to represent the Sox in the ASG.

Ragator43
06-04-2008, 08:28 AM
I'm not letting this die!!

Come on guys, let's at least try and get him in the top 15. That would be a major accomplishment, and could really get MLB to thinking about at LEAST changing the fact that ballots are finalized before the season even starts. Because I guarantee you, if TCQ was on the ballot right now, he'd be top 10, maybe even top 5.

I'm going to try to hit over 500 votes today. Someone who has time on their hands, join me! :redneck

I picked up a BOX of ballots at the game last night. Can't wait to see the looks I'm going to get when I go back Thursday and turn all 3,000 in........

chaotic8512
06-04-2008, 10:02 AM
I picked up a BOX of ballots at the game last night. Can't wait to see the looks I'm going to get when I go back Thursday and turn all 3,000 in........

Awesome, now that's what I am talkin' about! This is a perfect example of what we're trying to accomplish here!

I'm going to be putting in about three to four hundred more today, putting me at 1,000+ overall. It's never too late to start voting. I know we can churn out a half of a million votes just by ourselves in a month. No teal needed.