PDA

View Full Version : Home and Road Games

havelj
05-17-2008, 07:57 PM
There is a 3-team tie for first place as of this hour with Sox, Twins and the Tribe. I noticed these differences in home and road games played:

SOX (-9)
home-16
road-25

TWINS (+7)
home-24
road-17

INDIANS (+9)
home-26
road-17

This is good news and June is a huge month for the Sox with 17 of 27 games at home including 3 at Wrigley. They will be able to sleep in their own beds for 18 of 21 nights with just a 3-game trip to Detroit in the middle.

Frater Perdurabo
05-17-2008, 10:45 PM
I hope this will be good news. But unless the Sox bats wake up, home cooking at the Cell in June won't be much of a benefit.

KingXerxes
05-20-2008, 10:44 AM
I know it's only May, but this could be a great week for the White Sox. My prediction is that they'll increase their lead in the division by a couple of games in the next six days.

If Cleveland and Detroit can't (or won't) get it going, I say that the White Sox should be more than happy to open up a gap in the standings and make them play catch up for the summer.

sox1970
05-20-2008, 10:47 AM
Sox have played 17 home games. Gotta count the tie.

TDog
05-20-2008, 12:53 PM
Sox have played 17 home games. Gotta count the tie.

It wasn't a tie. It's a game the Sox have yet to complete. The game only counts at this point for the sake of attendance and individual statistics, for people who care about such things. It should have been a tie to be played over in its entirety in Chicago, but for a silly rule change. As it is, it's a game that won't be decided at home.

If you don't count the suspended game, though, you're only looking at the Sox having 80 home games this year.

sox1970
05-20-2008, 01:52 PM
It wasn't a tie. It's a game the Sox have yet to complete. The game only counts at this point for the sake of attendance and individual statistics, for people who care about such things. It should have been a tie to be played over in its entirety in Chicago, but for a silly rule change. As it is, it's a game that won't be decided at home.

If you don't count the suspended game, though, you're only looking at the Sox having 80 home games this year.

It's currently a tie that will eventually be a win or a loss. The point is, they have 64 homes left, meaning they've played 17 home games. At the end of the season, their home record will have 81 decisions.