PDA

View Full Version : Wilkes Goes To Shea....

whitesoxwilkes
05-15-2008, 08:18 PM
Went to the Mets game while in NY for work Tuesday. Wanted to see Shea once more (first time since '99) before they tear it down. It's really showing its age now.

New park looks GREAT. Small crowd on hand, cool night. Pics here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ilk/sets/72157605081294151/

Brian26
05-15-2008, 08:40 PM
Cool pics, Wilkes. That's actually the kind of crowd that makes for an enjoyable night when visiting another stadium. I never quite understood the concept of Mr. Met though.

kittle42
05-16-2008, 12:55 AM
NYC getting rid of its two ****ty stadiums is great. Now if it would just get rid of its three ****ty airports...

Frater Perdurabo
05-16-2008, 05:55 AM
NYC getting rid of its two ****ty stadiums is great. Now if it would just get rid of its three ****ty airports...

I'd be satisfied if they just decided never to win another World Series trophy.

Frater Perdurabo
05-16-2008, 05:56 AM
Wilkes, I have two questions for you.

First, what is it that you do for work that allows you to travel to so many MLB cities and see so many games?

Second, are you hiring? :D:

whitesoxwilkes
05-16-2008, 10:18 AM
Wilkes, I have two questions for you.

First, what is it that you do for work that allows you to travel to so many MLB cities and see so many games?

Second, are you hiring? :D:

I'm in charge of training for a software company. Most of my work trips are to NY and Toronto so I try to schedule them based on the MLB schedule.

We are. Wanna live in Chicago?

skottyj242
05-16-2008, 10:31 AM
I'm in charge of training for a software company. Most of my work trips are to NY and Toronto so I try to schedule them based on the MLB schedule.

Thanks for the consideration.

Frater Perdurabo
05-16-2008, 03:23 PM

I thought you did stock/commodity training, or were an i-banker or had something to do with managing gargantuan sums of money. :tongue:

Before talking about jobs or moving, got any quick advice for me, the really-soon-dad-to-be, on what to do now that my wife is "75% effaced, dilated to 3 centimeters, and at zero station."
:o:

Of course, "get the heck off WSI" would be the best advice, right? :redneck

whitesoxwilkes
05-16-2008, 09:14 PM
I thought you did stock/commodity training, or were an i-banker or had something to do with managing gargantuan sums of money. :tongue:

Before talking about jobs or moving, got any quick advice for me, the really-soon-dad-to-be, on what to do now that my wife is "75% effaced, dilated to 3 centimeters, and at zero station."
:o:

Of course, "get the heck off WSI" would be the best advice, right? :redneck

I used to trade for a small group and then worked for a Japanese bank in their brokerage division for a while. I've been on the technology vendor side of the business for the past 7 years though. I trade a personal account, so I watch the markets closely...although with nowhere near as shrewd an eye as our guy cbotnyse.

Advice? I got none. Vance was a c-section, so we didn't have to fret over that stuff very much. Good wishes and good luck? I got plenty for you. best of luck!

Frater Perdurabo
05-16-2008, 09:21 PM
I used to trade for a small group and then worked for a Japanese bank in their brokerage division for a while. I've been on the technology vendor side of the business for the past 7 years though. I trade a personal account, so I watch the markets closely...although with nowhere near as shrewd an eye as our guy cbotnyse.

Advice? I got none. Vance was a c-section, so we didn't have to fret over that stuff very much. Good wishes and good luck? I got plenty for you. best of luck!

Thank you! :smile:

DSpivack
05-16-2008, 10:05 PM

Congrats!

palehozenychicty
05-17-2008, 10:58 AM
Yes, Shea is a dump that must be gone. I do love going into Main Street Flushing for Dim Sum after the game, though. You do get transported to Seoul or Shanghai.

whitesoxwilkes
05-17-2008, 12:16 PM
Congrats!

Don't congratulate me, my kid hatched 7 months ago. :redneck