PDA

View Full Version : Schedule Through June 1

comet2k
05-15-2008, 04:24 PM
After the Giants, the Sox play six against the Indians, the hottest team in the AL, four against the Rays (also playing well) and three against the Angels. That stretch could say a lot about whether they can contend thisyear, and they better win at least three against the Indians to slow them down.

delben91
05-15-2008, 05:06 PM
I don't see how the Sox could win any games...

- AJ will never throw out another runner
- Thome, Konerko, Cabrera and Crede have hit invisible walls and will continue to get worse to the point where their batting averages will be negative
- Dotel sucks, except when he doesn't, but he'll probably suck forever now

Do they even have to play the rest of the games? Can't we all just acknowledge that KW spent the offseason trying to make the team as bad as possible and that he's succeeded and that Ozzie really wants out but isn't up to quitting so he's trying to lose so he'll get fired?

DumpJerry
05-15-2008, 05:12 PM
I don't see how the Sox could win any games...

- AJ will never throw out another runner
- Thome, Konerko, Cabrera and Crede have hit invisible walls and will continue to get worse to the point where their batting averages will be negative
- Dotel sucks, except when he doesn't, but he'll probably suck forever now

Do they even have to play the rest of the games? Can't we all just acknowledge that KW spent the offseason trying to make the team as bad as possible and that he's succeeded and that Ozzie really wants out but isn't up to quitting so he's trying to lose so he'll get fired?
You're right. I just put the rest of my tickets through a paper shredder. After getting through May with only 9 home games, we have June with 16 home games (19 if you count the Urinal games).

Yeah, we have 6 games this month with the Tribe, so what? We have to play them sometime before October 1st. Right now they're hot, but as we all know, that can change in the flick of a switch.

In June we play the Royals, Twins, Tigers, Pirates and Dodgers among others. Not exactly the 1927 Yankees....

DumpJerry
05-15-2008, 05:20 PM
This (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=1892427&postcount=13) post of mine will put things in a positive light with respect to the Tribe.

whitesox901
05-15-2008, 05:30 PM
This (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=1892427&postcount=13) post of mine will put things in a positive light with respect to the Tribe.

I hope the Sox end up taking at least 4 of the 6. With the starters not giving up runs for 40-something innings, 8-2 in last 10, Indians in first place in AL Central....need to make tribe fans around here shut the **** up!

:wh1tesox00

^^ not sure what it means, but Cheif Wahoo with missing teeth...seeme'd appropiate