Sockinchisox
05-14-2008, 11:43 PM
Discuss.

Gavin
05-14-2008, 11:44 PM
seriously, how the **** did kenny get this guy

hi im skot
05-14-2008, 11:44 PM
Jose is awesome right now. Quentin is a stud. I'm going to bed happy.

sox1970
05-14-2008, 11:45 PM
Quentin is a stud, and I'd like to see Kenny make more trades like that.

JC was outstanding.

thomas35forever
This'll be a fun radio recap to do tonight. Quentin is the MAN.

BTW, why didn't Hunter get credited for a SB in the ninth?

Viva Medias B's
Happiest person over Sox getting a win: Chris Rongey.

peeonwrigley
****ing massive Carlos.

And can I get a definition on the Thee Carlos Quentin stuff? Totally missed the boat on that one.

peeonwrigley
05-14-2008, 11:46 PM
This'll be a fun radio recap to do tonight. Quention is the MAN.

Defensive indifference

hi im skot
05-14-2008, 11:46 PM
This'll be a fun radio recap to do tonight. Quention is the MAN.

Defensive indifference.

Chicago5oooh
05-14-2008, 11:47 PM
TCQ=TCB

He is a bad, bad man:smile:

Thome needs to bat lower in the order though....7th preferably.

soxfanreggie
Great game Jose...

Carlos Quentin...I am enjoying what I'm seeing. I am glad he's in a Sox uniform.

A good win on a very important road trip. This has usually been a killer for us.

Sockinchisox
****ing massive Carlos.

And can I get a definition on the Thee Carlos Quentin stuff? Totally missed the boat on that one.

Kenny did an interview and said something like "I didn't want a player like Carlos Quentin, I want The Carlos Quentin."

Scottiehaswheels
05-14-2008, 11:49 PM
Man I'd really really like to see our '09 OF a combo of Quentin, Swisher, Willits, and B.A. with Dye at DH... Make it happen KW!

Andy T Clown
YESSSSZZZzzzzzz........ good night!

Jaysox
Carlos is the man and I'm glad he's finally in the 3-hole!

LoveYourSuit
Quentin is a stud, and I'd like to see Kenny make more trades like that.

JC was outstanding.

Agree 100%.

Same way we have ressurected a bunch of high caliber pitching prospects we should try this with position players.

Paulie was the last guy I can recall us ressurecting on offense.

WhiteSox5187
05-14-2008, 11:50 PM
Nice to see the bats come alive at the end of the game there, also nice to see the Sox solve their running woes with Paulie swiping a bag...let's split the series by beating Garland tommorrow. Then let's sweep the Giants.

peeonwrigley
Kenny did an interview and said something like "I didn't want a player like Carlos Quentin, I want The Carlos Quentin."

Thank you

soltrain21
TCQ gives me hope. He seems to be turning into something special.

Chicken Dinner
It's only May...........The offense is only hitting a a few cylinders but look out, I think we'll be OK. Pitching and defense.

LoveYourSuit
05-14-2008, 11:52 PM
I think AJ and CQ should be fixtures in the 2-3 holes from here out.

soltrain21
05-14-2008, 11:53 PM

We need to give it more than one game - but maybe this will be a formula with lasting power. I don't expect six runs every game - I just want our pitchers to be in a position to win even if they give up a couple of runs.

LoveYourSuit
05-14-2008, 11:54 PM
It's only May...........The offense is only hitting a a few cylinders but look out, I think we'll be OK. Pitching and defense.

"Someone will PAY!"

LoveYourSuit
05-14-2008, 11:55 PM
We need to give it more than one game - but maybe this will be a formula with lasting power. I don't expect six runs every game - I just want our pitchers to be in a position to win even if they give up a couple of runs.

Well Quentin is our best run producer and AJ is our best contact hitter.

The lead off role is still very I don't like.

cws05champ
05-14-2008, 11:55 PM
Even though they had only 1 run through 7, the offense looked a little better. Konerko, Thome and Swish were all hitting the ball hard even though most were not falling. Keep this same lineup and see what happens!!! :gulp:

BoysMom3
05-14-2008, 11:56 PM
Nice. Very Nice!!

TCQ!!!!!

jabrch
Awesome to see Jose stick it to the folks who said he was washed up!!!!!

Chicago5oooh
I think we should field a team of only TCQ in the OF, swish at 1st, crede at 3rd and AJ behind the plate. Ghost runner rules would apply when necessary of course.:redneck

Chicken Dinner
05-14-2008, 11:57 PM
"Someone will PAY!"

I'll watch your posts. Don't get the teal. The bottom line is that pitching and defense wins.

oeo
05-14-2008, 11:58 PM

I think it should keep AJ in check, so he doesn't get pull happy...so I agree there.

As for Quentin...he'll eventually hit a bump in the road, and mark my words: Thome will not hit like this all year. For right now, they have to keep it, though.

Hopefully tonight is the sign of things to come for Swisher, as well. I'd like to see him back in the leadoff spot, and move Cabrera down to the 8th spot.

LoveYourSuit
05-14-2008, 11:59 PM
and mark my words: Thome will not hit like this all year.

Would you put your house on that?

HangWiffum
05-15-2008, 12:01 AM
i wouldn't put a dollar on that

sox1970
05-15-2008, 12:01 AM
Rongey is talking about the All Star ballot--Owens and Quentin.

Welcome to last week.

Francona will put Q on the team. Not even an issue.

oeo
05-15-2008, 12:02 AM
Would you put your house on that?

Yes.*

* I'm a poor college student.

LoveYourSuit
05-15-2008, 12:02 AM

You would have told me Jose would be this good and the other two kids right there with him and Buehrle being our only question in mid May...... I would have told you we have a 6-8 game lead in the division.

Tells you just what a little bit (not great) of offense would have done for us right now.

But we can't sit on the past and we need to get this **** going like now.

If we take a split in ANA tomorrow I am going to feel so much better looking forward.

voodoochile
05-15-2008, 12:03 AM
:winner

:)

:supernana:

TCQ ROCKS!

soltrain21
I think it should keep AJ in check, so he doesn't get pull happy...so I agree there.

As for Quentin...he'll eventually hit a bump in the road, and mark my words: Thome will not hit like this all year. For right now, they have to keep it, though.

Hopefully tonight is the sign of things to come for Swisher, as well. I'd like to see him back in the leadoff spot, and move Cabrera down to the 8th spot.

Cabrera has been getting on base lately. Had two hits tonight. Constantly moving Swisher isn't going to help him any.

LoveYourSuit
Yes.*

* I'm a poor college student.

LOL !

oeo
05-15-2008, 12:04 AM
Cabrera has been getting on base lately. Had two hits tonight. Constantly moving Swisher isn't going to help him any.

Yeah, two infield singles. That doesn't excite me. I'm more impressed with Thome's day...at least he hit two bleeders.

He's not a good fit at leadoff (or the 2-spot for that matter).

LoveYourSuit
05-15-2008, 12:04 AM
:winner

:)

:supernana:

TCQ ROCKS!

Watching the game on tape delay there Voodo?

:smile:

sox1970
05-15-2008, 12:05 AM
You would have told me Jose would be this good and the other two kids right there with him and Buehrle being our only question in mid May...... I would have told you we have a 6-8 game lead in the division.

Tells you just what a little bit (not great) of offense would have done for us right now.

But we can't sit on the past and we need to get this **** going like now.

If we take a split in ANA tomorrow I am going to feel so much better looking forward.

Sums it up. We should have a 5 game lead right now. 15-7-1 in quality starts says it all about the offense.

soltrain21
05-15-2008, 12:05 AM
Yeah, two infield singles. That doesn't excite me. I'm more impressed with Thome's day...at least he hit two bleeders.

He's not a good fit at leadoff (or the 2-spot for that matter).

Neither is Swisher.

oeo
05-15-2008, 12:07 AM
Neither is Swisher.

We don't have a guy that is a good fit. Swisher is the best fit, though. A leadoff hitter can't go up there, swing at the first or second pitch, and ground out. That's what Cabrera is giving us...

Scottiehaswheels
05-15-2008, 12:08 AM
Rex Hudler on the Angels' postgame show just called Jose a kid. LOL

whitesoxfan
05-15-2008, 12:09 AM
These calls into the postgame show are just idiotic.

sox1970
05-15-2008, 12:10 AM

Funny bad is good.

Chicken Dinner
05-15-2008, 12:10 AM
We don't have a guy that is a good fit. Swisher is the best fit, though. A leadoff hitter can't go up there, swing at the first or second pitch, and ground out. That's what Cabrera is giving us...

So *** do you want? AND who is he?

BoKnowsBest
05-15-2008, 12:11 AM

I think my favorite one so far is the lady calling in talking about how gorgeous swisher is. Rongey seems like he doesn't know what to say.

whitesoxfan
05-15-2008, 12:12 AM
Funny bad is good.

Out of all of the boneheaded calls I've heard from fans on the postgame show, that might have been the most painful one to listen to. I'm sure the producers just wanted to get her on there because they're either having trouble staying up and needed a laugh, or they figured that no one is really listening since it's past midnight.

oeo

:?:

I already told you...Swisher. He'll make an AB, and make it worthwhile even if he makes an out (like Pods used to do). He's not the perfect fit, but as I said, I think he's our best option right now.

Noneck
Rex Hudler on the Angels' postgame show just called Jose a kid. LOL

Vin Scully could get away with saying that.

LoveYourSuit

Chicken Dinner appears to have been a few extra minutes in the microwave today.

You are a very :angry: guy today.

Let me give you a hug.

Scottiehaswheels
05-15-2008, 12:15 AM
So *** do you want? AND who is he?Willits?

Chicken Dinner
05-15-2008, 12:20 AM
Chicken Dinner appears to have been a few extra minutes in the microwave today.

You are a very :angry: guy today.

Let me give you a hug.

In 1.5 months Swisher is already becoming one my least favorite Sox players of all time.

:angry:From the Suit.

JB98
05-15-2008, 12:20 AM
I'm not sure Contreras is ever going to recapture his 2005 dominance, but he is re-establishing himself as a reliable pitcher. Two wins on this trip, and he is throwing the ball well. That's a big lift for the Sox. Coming into the season, the questions about Jose were legitimate. He is answering them.

TCQ's back has to be hurting from carrying the offense. It's almost to the point where he gets it done or it doesn't get done.

Swisher had better ABs tonight, although I thought he let Lackey off the hook by fouling off a hanging breaking ball in the seventh. Even though the results weren't great, Konerko had quality ABs in three of his four plate appearances tonight.

Chicken Dinner
05-15-2008, 12:28 AM
This team has pitching and defense. The hitting is starting. It's May. I'll be watching until the end. Who's with me?

LoveYourSuit
05-15-2008, 12:28 AM
From the Suit.

Then no hug to you.

And yes, I stand by my quote.

I don't like Nick Swisher.

Happy?

Get serious dude, have some fun for a change.

The Sox won a damn game.

:rolleyes:

cheezheadsoxfan
05-15-2008, 12:29 AM
Nice to see the bats come alive at the end of the game there, also nice to see the Sox solve their running woes with Paulie swiping a bag...let's split the series by beating Garland tommorrow. Then let's sweep the Giants.

I just got home and couldn't see or hear the game. Paulie Konerko swiped a base???:o:

PorkChopExpress
05-15-2008, 12:30 AM
Wow, four pages in and no one has commented on Konerko's SB! He actually looked fast for a second. In all honesty, he looked way into this game. He was seeing pitches, being aggressive, and the man stole friggin second handily.

sox1970
I just got home and couldn't see or hear the game. Paulie Konerko swiped a base???:o:

Pretty easily too.

oeo

Yep. It was the real deal, and he got there easily.

Chicken Dinner
05-15-2008, 12:31 AM
Then no hug to you.

And yes, I stand by my quote.

I don't like Nick Swisher.

Happy?

Get serious dude, have some fun for a change.

The Sox won a damn game.

:rolleyes:

You don't like anybody! :rolleyes:

Scottiehaswheels
Wow, four pages in and no one has commented on Konerko's SB! He actually looked fast for a second. In all honesty, he looked way into this game. He was seeing pitches, being aggressive, and the man stole friggin second handily.I was kinda wondering if maybe he's been running along the SoCal beaches with a chute on his back to build up his speed. :smile:

JB98

Yeah, Crede actually took a pitch right down the heart of the plate too because he saw that Konerko had a good jump.

LoveYourSuit
05-15-2008, 12:34 AM
You don't like anybody! :rolleyes:

I love your suit.

cheezheadsoxfan
05-15-2008, 12:48 AM
Yeah, Crede actually took a pitch right down the heart of the plate too because he saw that Konerko had a good jump.

For some reason I find that delightful. I like this lineup.

Chicken Dinner
05-15-2008, 12:49 AM
OK.......I'm just standing by my team, and I think, the pitching has been awesome

, the D has been repectable, and I really think, the offense will come around. Triple A replacements are for injuries, not rebuilding, at this point.

Foulke You
05-15-2008, 01:07 AM
It was so jarring to see Konerko take off that I almost thought it was a botched hit and run at first and Crede just forgot to swing.:D:

Foulke You
05-15-2008, 01:10 AM
Swisher had better ABs tonight, although I thought he let Lackey off the hook by fouling off a hanging breaking ball in the seventh. Even though the results weren't great, Konerko had quality ABs in three of his four plate appearances tonight.
Swish hit the ball hard a couple times before he hit the HR, especially the one in the gap that Hunter just got to. It was encouraging to see. Jim Thome also hit the ball hard a couple times as well which was also encouraging. I even have to give credit to Uribe for getting that solid line drive base hit in the 8th to set up the big inning for Carlos Quentin's heroics. Hopefully, the team is starting to finally snap out of this. The pitching has been ridiculously good so far that you almost have to think that if we get any kind of hitting going for a stretch that we'll be in the thick of this AL Central race.

MetroPD
05-15-2008, 01:44 AM
The line up shake up helped in this game that was apparent enough. TCQ came through by continuing to produce timely hitting, Paulie looked amped after being moved down in the order, and Thome was hitting the ball solid. Jose pitched great on the mound, sure he bounced a few six feet in front of or to the left and right of the plate, but he sure looked good.

TDog
05-15-2008, 02:50 AM
I was impressed that Quentin, with the bases loaded and the score tied late, swung at a 2-0 pitch. He was wasn't looking for a walk. He was trying to drive in runs with his bat. I like that.

I also liked that Swisher's solo home run came on a 2-0 count.

BadBobbyJenks
05-15-2008, 05:03 AM
Offseason Question marks
Floyd - Check
Danks - Check
Contreras Check
Left Field - TCQ Check
Bullpen - Check
2nd Base - TBD

Underperforming Veterans returning to form - Not by a long shot.

Its amazing to me the amount of questions that have been answered by our 08 Sox and this last one is really the only thing that hasnt happened. Im not going to get excited about tonight's game because honestly we looked brutal for most of the game and Quentin bailed us out. I just hope this doesnt become another season of if only some of these guys got out of their funk we could make some noise. With this pitching and defense, this has the makings of a very good team IF we could just hit.

Javy versus Garland tomorrow, Advantage White Sox. Lets salvage a split and go pound the Giants.

And I just saw the replay of Paulie's steal...Are you kidding? I figured it had to be some sort of fluke but that was a straight steal. I just saw the kiss cam with Hawk and DJ and that was equally hilarious.

Railsplitter
05-15-2008, 06:06 AM
Good. Avoiding long losing skids is a start. :bandance:

TomBradley72
05-15-2008, 06:23 AM
Win tonight means a split at LAA, after 2/3 from Seattle...I like our chances vs. Giants...would make for a nice West Coast trip.

kevingrt
05-15-2008, 06:33 AM
What a shot by CQ. That ball was scorched!

Frontman
05-15-2008, 06:49 AM
I went to bed before the end; but am I reading it right in the boxscores that Konerko got a Stolen Base?

Talk about weird.

Good job Sox, now make sure Garland has to rock back on his back heel and pitch from the stretch alot tonight.

southside rocks
05-15-2008, 06:54 AM
I went to bed after the 6th inning -- I was afraid I'd stay up late again only to get all riled up by bad baseball, and that really makes work the next day ugly. But what a nice result to hear this morning!

Quentin has been a *great* addition, and I hope he owns left field by now. I miss the speed that Pods brought (when he was healthy -- by the way, has he tweaked anything yet? Isn't he about due?) but Carlos Quentin is a huge upgrade at that position. :D:

Jose looks like he feels about 10,000% better than he did last year. Very nice to see.

turners56
05-15-2008, 07:12 AM
Get the Quentin for MVP signs ready xD. He was the one man machine last night. The lineup worked real well for Ozzie, Cabrera had 2 hits, A.J. got on base 4 times, and Quentin drove in 5. The lineup is definitely good to stay. And how about Jose Contreras? He's had 4 quality starts this season, who would of thought Jose can be 4-3 with a 3.35 ERA 8 starts into the season.

starboy0
05-15-2008, 07:20 AM
Think my next jersey will be a Quentin jersey. Does anyone know if the sleeveless home jerseys will no longer be worn by the team?

Frontman
05-15-2008, 07:20 AM
We honestly need to start writing Quentin in big time for the All-star ballot.

VenturaFan23
05-15-2008, 07:25 AM
Carlos, PLEASE stay away from this man.......

Bucky F. Dent
05-15-2008, 07:31 AM

Git er done.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/events/all_star/y2008/ballot_reg.html

October26
05-15-2008, 08:04 AM
This team has pitching and defense. The hitting is starting. It's May. I'll be watching until the end. Who's with me?

I'm with you Chicken Dinner - and with all the Sox fans who have suffered during this up and down season so far. Last night, I faithfully sat in front of my tv for 7 innings. I praised Jose Contreras for his outstanding pitching and I prayed for the Sox to score some runs so that he would not get tagged with the loss. Then what happened? I FELL ASLEEP! The Sox bats woke up in the 8th inning. TCQ (The Carlos Quentin) hit a grand slam (which I missed). A couple of hours later, I finally woke up, checked the mlb scores on my PDA and saw that the Sox had won! I stumbled to my bed happy for the first time this week. :bandance:My ongoing White Sox headache is gone today. Yay!

cws05champ
05-15-2008, 08:10 AM
I'm with you Chicken Dinner - and with all the Sox fans who have suffered during this up and down season so far. Last night, I faithfully sat in front of my tv for 7 innings. I praised Jose Contreras for his outstanding pitching and I prayed for the Sox to score some runs so that he would not get tagged with the loss. Then what happened? I FELL ASLEEP! The Sox bats woke up in the 8th inning. TCQ (The Carlos Quentin) hit a grand slam (which I missed). A couple of hours later, I finally woke up, checked the mlb scores on my PDA and saw that the Sox had won! I stumbled to my bed happy for the first time this week. :bandance:My ongoing White Sox headache is gone today. Yay!
I will happily send you a years supply of sleeping pills if the results for the Sox stay the same. :D:

doublem23
05-15-2008, 08:18 AM

Right now, I think he's the frontrunner to grab the Sox's All-Star spot.

The guy leads the American League in HR, for pete's sake.

ondafarm
05-15-2008, 08:18 AM
I will happily send you a years supply of sleeping pills if the results for the Sox stay the same. :D:

I work for a drug merchant and I'll happily send you enough to sleep the entire season away if it produces a pennant.

anewman35
05-15-2008, 08:43 AM
Think my next jersey will be a Quentin jersey. Does anyone know if the sleeveless home jerseys will no longer be worn by the team?

There was never any sort of official announcement, but apparently it's not listed in the official MLB Uniform guide this year, so the answer seems to be no, they won't.

btrain929
05-15-2008, 09:09 AM
Win tonight means a split at LAA, after 2/3 from Seattle...I like our chances vs. Giants...would make for a nice West Coast trip.

AND we don't have to face Lincecum.

esbrechtel
05-15-2008, 09:13 AM
I also thought Konerko's SB was the result of Crede missing a sign until I saw the replay and saw the jump that Konerko had...The pitchers are going to have to start keeping him on!

jabrch
05-15-2008, 09:15 AM
I was impressed that Quentin, with the bases loaded and the score tied late, swung at a 2-0 pitch. He was wasn't looking for a walk. He was trying to drive in runs with his bat. I like that.

I also liked that Swisher's solo home run came on a 2-0 count.

Great point...I'm so tired of seeing guys taking first strikes, regardless of the situation. We've dug ourselves so many 0-1, 0-2 or 1-2 holes by looking at thigh high meatballs this season just to take a pitch. Our guys need to be walking into the box with the intention to taking good cuts at the first strike they see. Walks are nice - but only when you aren't seeing strikes. We really need guys to hit.

GROSS GENERALIZATION....
Taking bad pitches - GOOD
Taking good pitches - BAD

I know that is oversimplifying things, and isn't always true, but the 90/10 rule applies here. In any case, Carlos had a great at bat. He took two balls and POUNDED the first strike he saw.

btrain929
05-15-2008, 09:20 AM
Great point...I'm so tired of seeing guys taking first strikes, regardless of the situation. We've dug ourselves so many 0-1, 0-2 or 1-2 holes by looking at thigh high meatballs this season just to take a pitch. Our guys need to be walking into the box with the intention to taking good cuts at the first strike they see. Walks are nice - but only when you aren't seeing strikes. We really need guys to hit.

GROSS GENERALIZATION....
Taking bad pitches - GOOD
Taking good pitches - BAD

I know that is oversimplifying things, and isn't always true, but the 90/10 rule applies here. In any case, Carlos had a great at bat. He took two balls and POUNDED the first strike he saw.

I've been saying this for weeks now, and I agree 100%. They'll take 1st pitch FB for a strike down the middle, then foul off the next offspeed pitch, and in the hole 0-2. Of course an MLB team will have a lousy avg if that happens for about 7-9 batters in the order every time up.

Also, if you are going to swing at the 1st pitch fastball, anticipate it. I can never understand how someone can swing at a 1st pitch fastball and be late on it....

hi im skot
05-15-2008, 09:25 AM

Nope, those are no longer being word by the team. They were eliminated during the offseason.

oeo
05-15-2008, 09:38 AM
Right now, I think he's the frontrunner to grab the Sox's All-Star spot.

The guy leads the American League in HR, for pete's sake.

Unfortunately, no one outside Chicago probably even knows the season he's having. Imagine if he was playing in Boston or New York. Actually, imagine if he played for the Flubs. He's having a better year than Fukudome, but Fukudome is a star, and Carlos Quentin is forgotten. :scratch:

VeeckAsInWreck
05-15-2008, 09:39 AM
I couldn't really hear it on the radio but watching TCQ's slam last night I couldn't help but notice that there were quite a few Sox fans in attendance last night.

Either way, it was nice to see that the Sox have an offense.

Ava83
05-15-2008, 09:40 AM
TCQ needs to stop playing so well just to impress me!

Jeez he impresses me! So happy to get the win..did not even turn on the game or look at the score this morning (I was to nervous) and the guy at the gym saw my hat and said great win last night. I was a happy girl!

SoxGirl4Life
05-15-2008, 09:43 AM
These west coast games are killers for those of us who have to wake up at dawn!

I tried catching at least a little bit last night, but I fell asleep. I was ecstatic to see that Quentin came through big! AGAIN! :D:

soltrain21
05-15-2008, 09:45 AM
Unfortunately, no one outside Chicago probably even knows the season he's having. Imagine if he was playing in Boston or New York. Actually, imagine if he played for the Flubs. He's having a better year than Fukudome, but Fukudome is a star, and Carlos Quentin is forgotten. :scratch:

Both Carlos and Fukudome are good. Why does this ALWAYS have to be brought up?

jabrch
05-15-2008, 09:49 AM
I've been saying this for weeks now, and I agree 100%. They'll take 1st pitch FB for a strike down the middle, then foul off the next offspeed pitch, and in the hole 0-2. Of course an MLB team will have a lousy avg if that happens for about 7-9 batters in the order every time up.

Also, if you are going to swing at the 1st pitch fastball, anticipate it. I can never understand how someone can swing at a 1st pitch fastball and be late on it....

Absolutely agreed. How many guys have we had the past few weeks go down 0-1? How many have TAKEN to go down 0-1?

I know walks are good. But you can't walk much if you are down 0-1 or worse so frequently.

oeo
05-15-2008, 09:53 AM

Because White Sox talent constantly gets the shaft in the media...

VeeckAsInWreck
05-15-2008, 09:57 AM

White Sox fans for the most part have an inferiority complex, that is why Fukudome got brought up.

My theory is this: The Cubs are like Marcia Brady and the Sox are like Jan Brady. Everyone loves Marcia and she gets all the attention, meanwhile Jan gets overshadowed by anything that Marcia does. When Marcia is competing in a beauty pageant Jan hopes that she loses and when Jan is competing Marcia hopes that she wins because she knows that if even if she does she's still Marcia and everyone will still love her more irregardless of anything that Jan accomplishes.

TDog
05-15-2008, 09:59 AM
Because White Sox talent constantly gets the shaft in the media...

The White Sox didn't help matters by winning the World Series in 2005. Imagine how much attention would be coming the Sox way in 2017. Granted, it's not as much as a future generation can expect to see over the Cubs in 2108.

Jurr
05-15-2008, 10:33 AM
Loving me some Quentin. A five tool player. What a great concept, Kenny!

Harry Chappas
05-15-2008, 10:40 AM
White Sox fans for the most part have an inferiority complex, that is why Fukudome got brought up.

My theory is this: The Cubs are like Marcia Brady and the Sox are like Jan Brady. Everyone loves Marcia and she gets all the attention, meanwhile Jan gets overshadowed by anything that Marcia does. When Marcia is competing in a beauty pageant Jan hopes that she loses and when Jan is competing Marcia hopes that she wins because she knows that if even if she does she's still Marcia and everyone will still love her more irregardless of anything that Jan accomplishes.

I personally think we're more like cousin Oliver.

LoveYourSuit
05-15-2008, 10:55 AM
Well, 7 pages into the thread and the bitching about media coverage comes up again.

:whocares

kittle42
05-15-2008, 12:07 PM
i wouldn't put a dollar on that

We only have fifty cents.

whitesox901
05-15-2008, 04:09 PM
These west coast games are killers for those of us who have to wake up at dawn!

Try getting up at dawn..on the east coast! :o:

10:05 starts..brutal, but easy come easy go:?:

ALSO! on FSN Detriot, the royals just swept The Tigers...agian!:cool:

believe me, I live in Toledo, rubbing in the lack of tigers sucsess is grand! (of course i havnt had much room to brag latley)

DickAllen72
05-15-2008, 04:12 PM
:thumbsup: I always likes Jose, and it's great to see him pitching like himself again.:cheers:
I hope Quentin stays in the third spot for a very long time. :gulp:

DickAllen72
05-15-2008, 04:15 PM
That was cool! :smile:

sox1970
05-15-2008, 04:16 PM
Try getting up at dawn..on the east coast! :o:

10:05 starts..brutal, but easy come easy go:?:

ALSO! on FSN Detroit, the Royals just swept The Tigers...again!:cool:

Believe me, I live in Toledo, rubbing in the lack of Tigers success is grand! (of course I haven't had much room to brag lately)

Tigers are 1-11 against the Royals and White Sox.

They're not out of it, but it's getting close to declare them dead.

btrain929
05-15-2008, 04:49 PM

Just reminds me of the Yankees every year. Start off slow, then come in later in the year and they are right in the thick of things.

Let's keep in mind it's only 6 wks into the season, guys....

sox1970
05-15-2008, 05:39 PM
Just reminds me of the Yankees every year. Start off slow, then come in later in the year and they are right in the thick of things.

Let's keep in mind it's only 6 wks into the season, guys....

Tigers are 4-15 in the division, and they still have 16 games left with the Indians, who are now clearly the favorite to win the division, and 12 games with the White Sox, who match up very well to their better pitchers. I'll give them to July 1st to get it together.

jabrch
05-15-2008, 10:40 PM

The season is 25% over. They are 6 games out. They are a long way from dead. It doesn't look good - but they are far from dead.