PDA

View Full Version : Rare Crede autograph signing

esbrechtel
05-14-2008, 12:09 PM
I just heard on AM1000 that he will be part of the grandopening at the new location of Triple Threat Sports. The signing will be monday june 2nd...I know there are some autograph seekers and major Crede fans on the site and I have done some signings at triplethreat before and they do a nice job so if you dont have him get him before he leaves via free agency or gets traded in July. Apparently it costs $50 to get photos, flats and balls and a wopping $70 for equipment and jerseys :o: I am glad I got him at soxfest a few years ago.

Domeshot17
05-14-2008, 12:12 PM
damn, 50 bucks. I might shell it out, Im missing him on my World Series Flag Ceremony picture, but 50 bucks is rough.

esbrechtel
05-14-2008, 12:22 PM
I just checked the website its $55/75 if you dont prepurchase :o:

btrain929
05-14-2008, 12:34 PM
I was so stoked I got him this year at Spring Training on a wood bat. Saved myself $70-75.

BainesHOF
05-14-2008, 01:02 PM
The prices are a bit high, especially when you consider Mokena is a hike for a lot of people.

kingpin_rcs
05-14-2008, 02:42 PM
By Grapthar's hammer.....what a savings.

salty99
05-14-2008, 03:06 PM
yeah I e-mailed them and they said they are sorry prices are high, but marquee players demand marquee prices. His recent in person graph this season is awful just JC 24. I hope if people pay he will give you the nice Joe Crede full name autograph.

October26
05-14-2008, 03:30 PM
I might get Joe Crede's autograph as a Father's Day gift for my dad - but first I have to figure out how to get to Mokena :scratch:

esbrechtel
05-14-2008, 05:58 PM
Mokena is a hike...the other store has some great stuff in it I am definately a fan of TTS

lukeman89
05-14-2008, 08:22 PM
i got a bat signed by all of the '05 team :D:

jamokes
05-14-2008, 09:16 PM
I live in Mokena........ Triple Threat is just south of I-80 on LaGrange road. From the city take I-57 south to I-80 west. Get off at LaGrange and head south to 191st and then go east for one block. You can see it off Lagrange.

StatManDu
05-15-2008, 12:29 AM
A great place run by great people with great stuff. Sox fans all the way. Worth the trip. ... They are also having Jimmy Piersall soon.

WagMan
07-19-2008, 12:39 PM
Went today. Was a HUGE turnout for a signing at Triple Threat Sports. Weather made it a bit tough for those standing outside. Crede showed up a bit late, but they made up the time by signing ultra fast and not posing for photos. Didn't get a chance to say much to Joe, but he was nice to my kid and that's all that mattered. All in all, I'm glad we went.

Shoeless
07-19-2008, 04:18 PM
I live in Mokena........ Triple Threat is just south of I-80 on LaGrange road. From the city take I-57 south to I-80 west. Get off at LaGrange and head south to 191st and then go east for one block. You can see it off Lagrange.
Yeah, apparently there are two locations in Mokena. Oops. One awesome store.

Brian26
07-19-2008, 07:09 PM
Went today. Was a HUGE turnout for a signing at Triple Threat Sports. Weather made it a bit tough for those standing outside. Crede showed up a bit late, but they made up the time by signing ultra fast and not posing for photos. Didn't get a chance to say much to Joe, but he was nice to my kid and that's all that mattered. All in all, I'm glad we went.

I think the turnout was a little misleading because it's such a small store. My guess is that there were about 200 people there (I'm basing this on the ticket number I had and how many people I saw outside when I left).

The signing turned out to be run pretty smoothly after a bit of confusion at the beginning regarding the ticket pick-up procedure.

The only complaint was that Crede arrived almost an hour late. Otherwise, it was a nice event.

esbrechtel
07-20-2008, 12:40 AM
Crede probably went to the wrong store :D:

BainesHOF
07-20-2008, 11:29 AM
Did Crede sign his full name neatly for everyone?

The reason I ask is Crede is notorious for signing his name all kinds of ways, many of them sloppy or incomplete to the point of being unreadable. At a Rosemont show a couple years ago, he arrived late and then signed extremely fast. The only problem was that his signature was nothing more than a scribble - not a good thing when you're paying good money for the autograph. By contrast, Crede gave me a great readable, full signature at his recent Taste of Chicago appearance. You just never know what you're going to get from him, even in a paying situation.

Brian26
07-20-2008, 01:57 PM
Did Crede sign his full name neatly for everyone?

No. Compared to the autograph I got from him at Soxfest 03, it's a joke. His autograph now is basically JC24.

WagMan
07-20-2008, 04:49 PM
I think the turnout was a little misleading because it's such a small store. My guess is that there were about 200 people there (I'm basing this on the ticket number I had and how many people I saw outside when I left).

I meant it was a big turnout for a signing at TTS. There were more people in attendance than at previous player appearances at the old location.

btrain929
07-20-2008, 05:20 PM
I got his auto down at Spring Training this year, and I had no complaints about it. J with a little scribble, C with a pretty readable scribble, and 24. Compared to auto's on ebay with COA's, it looks about the same, so I'm happy I didn't have to spend $50-60 for that signing.

BainesHOF
07-20-2008, 05:28 PM
I've seen Crede sign his name a number of different ways at the same signing. It's weird.