PDA

View Full Version : Put on ESPN CLassic

gobears1987
05-14-2008, 02:06 AM
1981 Sox vs. Sawx

Fisk's first game at Fenway on the White Sox. They are showing the WGN feed from the game so it's Harry in the booth.

WhiteSox5187
05-14-2008, 02:29 AM
:thumbsup:

Thanks for the update! I have to write another paper but I sprang up and turned on the ol' DVR! That'll give me something to look forward to watching when I'm done with this...that and Deadliest Catch.

October26
05-14-2008, 08:37 AM
Sorry I missed it. That was a great game!

VeeckAsInWreck
05-14-2008, 09:30 AM
I've seen that one before on ESPN classic, it's a fun one to watch especially at the end when you hear:

Harry: Sox win, Sox win! Holy Cow!

Jimmy: Say it again!

I taped it a few years ago and now my VCR is in VCR heaven so I haven't been able to watch that tape in a long time. :(:

Lip Man 1
05-14-2008, 12:41 PM
Veeck:

That's why you should always have multiple VCR's! (I have four hooked up...)

The best part of that game is when Fisk hits the home run, Harry and Jimmy go absolutely bonkers.

Lip

WhiteSox5187
05-14-2008, 01:30 PM
Veeck:

That's why you should always have multiple VCR's! (I have four hooked up...)

The best part of that game is when Fisk hits the home run, Harry and Jimmy go absolutely bonkers.

Lip
Jimmy calls it too. Right before the pitch he says "How about a homerun right here Harry?" and Harry says "I'm thinkin' just a line drive basehit...here's the pitch...IT MIGHT BE! IT COULD BE! HOLY COW!"

Walker29
05-14-2008, 03:58 PM
Why is this stuff never on when I'm home flipping the channels. Last Sunday it was poker and "classic PBA bowling". How many times do I really need to watch the Milwaukee Open from 1993?

CRAW
05-14-2008, 04:14 PM
Why is this stuff never on when I'm home flipping the channels. Last Sunday it was poker and "classic PBA bowling". How many times do I really need to watch the Milwaukee Open from 1993?

Exactly. What a disappointment. :(

Lip Man 1
05-14-2008, 04:43 PM
ESPN Classic has really fallen off the map in this area. They used to show nothing but classic games, now it's crap like reruns of American Gladiators, poker, bowling, "Cheap Seats", billiards... just garbage taking up most of their air-time.

Lip

DSpivack
05-14-2008, 05:44 PM
ESPN Classic has really fallen off the map in this area. They used to show nothing but classic games, now it's crap like reruns of American Gladiators, poker, bowling, "Cheap Seats", billiards... just garbage taking up most of their air-time.

Lip

Yeah, I go through days in advance and see if there is anything interesting to record. What's also odd to me is that ESPN2 often shows some classic-type stuff; they've been showing a lot of NBA Finals videos lately (lots of Bulls, Lakers, Celtics), and had a good program on Old NBA Arenas.

Medford Bobby
05-14-2008, 08:17 PM

Lip

That's because all the major sports (MLB,NFL,NHL,& NBA) all have or will have there own networks where they can each show classic games on an every day basis....thus ESPN Classic will be only classic tractor pulls from the 80's.......oh wait, maybe RFTV may all ready have all the classic tractors pulls library too.............:?: