PDA

View Full Version : Zell rejects ISFA Wrigley offer.

Sockinchisox
05-13-2008, 10:51 AM
Zell wants to sell the Cubs and Wrigley together now.

Tribune rejects Wrigley offer (http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080513&content_id=2691506&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb)

ZombieRob
05-13-2008, 10:59 AM
Zell wants to sell the Cubs and Wrigley together now.

Tribune rejects Wrigley offer (http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080513&content_id=2691506&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb)
Good I as a tax payer don't want to get stuck with Thompson's tax proposal on this renovation project.

white sox bill
05-13-2008, 11:07 AM
Did I miss something? The story stated that MLB approved a number of potential owners including Mark Cuban. I thought JR had shot that possibilty down

whitem0nkey
05-13-2008, 11:27 AM
im not sure but i think zell may have a couple of diff offers, and this is just one of them that has been rejected.

how many diff groups are looking at the proposals?

jabrch
05-13-2008, 01:03 PM
im not sure but i think zell may have a couple of diff offers, and this is just one of them that has been rejected.

how many diff groups are looking at the proposals?

I know of four if Cuban is real...

chaerulez
05-13-2008, 01:25 PM
Did I miss something? The story stated that MLB approved a number of potential owners including Mark Cuban. I thought JR had shot that possibly down

Perhaps either the other owners convinced JR that Cuban would be good for the league as if he pours money into the Cubs and they are contenders each year, that only brings in more revenue for the league.

Or Cuban is offering a lot of money and Zell somehow got Cuban approved.

DumpJerry
05-13-2008, 03:35 PM
Cuban would be a good match for the fanbase. A huge attention mongering person running a team that is patronized by the same type of personality.

May they drink each other into oblivion..........

peeonwrigley
05-13-2008, 03:38 PM
WSCR reporting deal isn't dead.

DSpivack
05-13-2008, 05:28 PM
Cuban would be a good match for the fanbase. A huge attention mongering person running a team that is patronized by the same type of personality.

May they drink each other into oblivion..........

Would Cuban want to sit in the dugout?

white sox bill
05-13-2008, 05:43 PM
Perhaps either the other owners convinced JR that Cuban would be good for the league as if he pours money into the Cubs and they are contenders each year, that only brings in more revenue for the league.

Or Cuban is offering a lot of money and Zell somehow got Cuban approved.

Or maybe this was misstated in the link. Cuban even being approved for POTENTIAL ownership would have prompted special news pullout sections in both papers.

PatK
05-14-2008, 01:04 PM
Let Cuban by them. Judging by the wonders he's done with the Maverick's, he'll be a perfect fit for Cubs fans.

And that's not including the ego, obnoxiousness, and loud-mouthed cry baby behavior.