PDA

View Full Version : Regardless

mack10zie
05-02-2002, 01:44 PM
Regardless of the outcome of tonight's game this series has been a success. Coming of getting man handled by the A's, the Sox came out this series playing as if that weekend never happened, and that's what they had to do. I want a win tonight, but these first two games, especially the first one, were great to get W's in. I just happy to see the team bounce back the way they have to getting thoroughly whipped. Should be an interesting series this weekend. And one the games is even on TV!!!!

mack10zie
05-02-2002, 01:47 PM
Not to mention that the M's are one of the top team in the league. So bouncing back against them is even more impressive to me, if we were playing the Tigers this week and took two I wouldn't feel nearly as good.

Viva Magglio
05-02-2002, 01:51 PM
But it should be noted that if we lose and the Twinks win, we're in second place....not that we would stay there or anything like that.

duke of dorwood
05-02-2002, 04:02 PM
And they play the mighty Tigers and Royals thier next 6 at home

Chisox_cali
05-02-2002, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
And they play the mighty Tigers and Royals thier next 6 at home

So when do they start playing real teams?

Kilroy
05-02-2002, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by mack10zie
Regardless of the outcome of tonight's game this series has been a success.

I can agree with that. Taking two out of three is always good. But if the Sox are only gonna get 2 of three, I would rather have lost one of the other two. Baldwin is on the hill tonight, and I don't like the idea of the Sox losing to one of their former pitchers. They need to beat him like a drum and knock him out early.

Chisox_cali
05-02-2002, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali

i just looked up their schedule they do have the Yanks coming up next weekend so that's good, it's at the same time we play the Angels, and I'll be there for that :smile:

mack10zie
05-02-2002, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Kilroy

I can agree with that. Taking two out of three is always good. But if the Sox are only gonna get 2 of three, I would rather have lost one of the other two. Baldwin is on the hill tonight, and I don't like the idea of the Sox losing to one of their former pitchers. They need to beat him like a drum and knock him out early.

And I can agree with that. Now that we've won two I want us to get the sweep. My main point was just that it was good to see us bounce back so well after getting smoked by the A's, especially since we are playing a very solid squad.

ScottyTheSoxFan
05-02-2002, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali

when they start playing us!